PDA

View Full Version : Q_Q *crying*

Dr. Hatchet
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
anyone ever cryed from this show? I almost did when sammath died

Thorn
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
The part with Samantha was well done, and while I did not cry there was a close moment. It was not the Datu part of it either I found that part a bit rushed and while people will latch on to each other in times of desperation I just couldn't buy into their immediate bonding on that level.

Instead for me it was more her asking him not to watch, as if at that last moment of life it was so important for him not to see her powerless, and helpless, exposed. The human condition is frail, but we are cerebral animals and in the end it was more than she could bear. To be prey... or food.. or entertainment. Less than something special, less than what we are told our whole lives. Something special.

Edit to add:
The part with "Tell Saul I love him" in TDW was a bit touching as well, and well acted to the point it tugged at the heart strings.

AdrianHD
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Not really to be honest. There were times that I was all, "Oooooh... harsh" thought!

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 21st, 2011, 04:57 AM
Oh man. Yes. Although no actual tears have flowed, I've had my eyes well up and that horrible pain in my throat beckon me to cry. I'm a real weenie though. I cry at movies very easily and so when I have an opportunity to really focus on an episode of WA, I still get emotional, even after having listened to each episodes at least 7 times!

I've got quite a few moments that bring me to the verge of losing my "man-card":
-A strange one is in 4-3 when Michael yells at Kelly. I get emotional because I can hear the frustration in Michaels voice and I over empathize with thoughts like, "Damn it! Why doesn't anyone understand what he has to put up with?!" That and I get really excited in anticipation of that well acted moment.
-Of course the Purgatory chapter really gets me. I may have heard that chapter more than the rest simply because I like to be amazed by how quickly Samantha was able to transition from this cold, hopeless character that I could care less about into someone who you actually wish could have survived. I often hope that the story will change when I relisten to it; that they'll take Kalani or that Datu will fight off all the zombies. But no. It doesn't change. And We're Alive is better for it.
-The close of the Catalyst chapter also gets me sometimes. When Michael and the crew are headed home, I just get so excited and relieved that their little ordeal is over (well, aside from the whole zombie apocolypse thing).
-One of my favorite episodes to relisten to is 20-3. It's difficult to bear, even knowing the outcome. But I like that it is able to create such an emotional response that I actually feel sick to my stomach sometimes. All this worry about what could have happened creates a knot in my stomach. I think my imagination get carried away. Plus the way Saul reacts...brilliant! I can hear the desperation in his voice. He sounds so helpless as though he had to stand by and watch what happened to Lizzy. I really feel for the guy.
-Then finally there is 23-2, with Lizzy's recording. I can hear in her voice that she feels this is the last anyone will ever hear of her, as though she's marking down her final words. The worst part is, Saul probably feels this way too (at that moment), only he will never get the opportunity to tell her he loves her. Ah, I bet they carry so much regret. (Fortunately it seems they may be reunited.)

So yeah. For some reason I am very sympathetic to these characters so I get all wah when I listen to certain episodes. That and I guess I'm just a big pussy.

Zombiehead
Jul 21st, 2011, 08:58 AM
I felt that scene with Lizzy's recording reaching for my heart but no I didn't cry for it or any scene. However I noticed every part that I react to emotionally involves Blondie. If KC doesn't kill her off for the season finale (don't you dare!) then she may be joining Elisa on the pedestal as my favorite actor/character.

Lavitz
Jul 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I probably cry too easy, but yeah I definitely cried at the Samantha part specifically when she was yelling at Datu not to look out the window.
Lizzy's recording teared me up, and I'm pretty sure I teared up with one of the parts with Hope.

edgeworth
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I often don't cry, but on an emotional note, Lizzy's recording was well done and makes me wonder what Saul will do next to get her back

Lieoften
Jul 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
don't remember but i must've when Saul rescued his dog... That kinda shiz always makes me water like a buffalo...

also... thank you for putting the _ in between the Q's... QQ isn't crying, its quit.

nikvoodoo
Jul 25th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I thought we agreed that the international symbol for crying was: datu:)

Just imagine the datu icon is there. I can't make them work on my mobile device. I'll fix it in the morning.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 26th, 2011, 06:02 AM
- Man.. would you stop all that f'n Datuing!
- You're such a Datu!

Dr. Hatchet
Jul 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I was kinda meaning when they read what she wrote in datu's log

zombeh-kitteh
Aug 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
This show...has made me cry more times than I'd like to admit.
There's the Samantha-Datu incident.
The funeral scene after the attack on the Tower.
Lizzie's recording to Saul...
When you think Saul dies in the Prius at the fueling depot...
Finding Lady...and Hope...
Listening to Angel and Burt at the hospital talking to Kalani and Riley...now that I think about it, that's not fair to make us think that Angel and Burt were going to die twice!!! (and they might be now but I don't think so...)

As you can see, my female tear ducts are sensitive to those pulling on heartstrings...lol

Eviebae
Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
I've had tears in my eyes and my hand over my mouth a couple of times. When Burt and Angel were in the hospital getting ready to go down fighting was one.