PDA

View Full Version : The Mark of Cain

Deleted_Username
Jul 20th, 2011, 04:28 AM
So does anybody else think this film has a close resemblance in name and description to what is possibly going on with the hospital/tattoo device that has been found?

The Mark of Cain documents the fading art form and “language” of Russian criminal tattoos, formerly a forbidden topic in Russia.

The prisoners of the Stalinist Gulag, or "Zone," as it is called, developed a complex social structure (documented as early as the 1920s) that incorporated highly symbolic tattooing as a mark of rank. The existence of these inmates at prisons and forced labor camps was treated by the state as a deeply-kept secret. In the 1990s, Russia's prison population exploded, with overcrowding among the worst in the world. Some estimates suggest that in the last generation over thirty million of Russia's inmates have had tattoos even though the process is illegal inside Russian prisons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mark_of_Cain_%282000_film%29

dangergoodfellow
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I would have to agree with you on this , It was the first thing i thought of when i heard/saw the title of the episode . I saw the doco on the russian prison tattooing not long ago and it was fresh in my memory . Am sure it has to do with the tattoo on the little ones maybe done by the tattoo man ...