PDA

View Full Version : Ink is a "good guy"?

Michael Farris
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I recently purshased the Season 1 from Audible and after hearing Ink's description I have a theory: Ink was someone who escaped from whatever lab the rest came from before he turned into a full zombie. His psychosis was the only result of the testing.

Banvillin
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Interesting theory... the government or whatever body behind the infection covers up his actions by labeling him a serial killer with mental problems. but HOW does that make him a "good guy"? Perhaps less guilty if he was never fully human while committing those crimes but we've certainly seen him as an active, flesh-biting zombie since then

ClearSights
Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
This is a interesting theory. Maybe the zombie testing going on in the psyco lab is to de-infect the zombies and the testing is being conducted by the Inked one. And also when he caught the arrow, he didnt chase or attack them....

Dr. Hatchet
Jul 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
...he caught the arrow, he didnt chase or attack them....

Maybe he is crazy and he sees this as a game now

Osiris
Jul 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Or perhaps he didn't catch the arrow and that is simply how Riley is remembering the event as she's writing it down.

ClearSights
Jul 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Or perhaps he didn't catch the arrow and that is simply how Riley is remembering the event as she's writing it down.

I think thats it because she shot and Burt yelled that she missed and she said no she didn't.....meaning it either hit him and did nothing, then he pulled it out. Or he caught it, The first one seems more plausable, that it hit him but had no effect and he just pulled it out

Brokenzipper
Jul 30th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I had the sound turned way up. It sounded like the arrow was caught, not hitting something squishy. I agree with the crazy guy playing games. remember all the needles and tools covered in blood? My guess is it was him causing that.

The One With the Markings
Jul 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM
wrong!

ClearSights
Jul 30th, 2011, 09:30 AM
wrong!

Thats probably what he wants us to think...

Banvillin
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
I really want the story move back to center more on the biters again so we can resolve some of these questions. But what we can say confidently is that Ink is a "smart" zombie and if there are other "smart" zombies i.e. the Ink vs. Coloured One debate then it is not implausible to assume that they belong to rival sects; just think of how in the face of disaster, people are still maintaining the divisions between the Tower, Mallers and Colony.
Bearing this in mind, Ink could be in opposition to another tribe/group/clan of biters, that may or may not be led by the Coloured One. It provides a clear motivation behind the efforts in creating new brands of zombies (Little Ones): attempts to become superior to his rivals.
If this is an accurate assessment of the zombie situation, it opens up the possibility that Ink views Riley, Burt & co. as possible allies against his opposing "smart" zombies. That is why wouldn't have pursued them at the hospital.

Once you're dealing with smart zombies, anything that would be a possibility with human opponents is on the table. I still don't buy that Ink is a good guy but he may understand the benefits in using the Tower to weaken their common enemy.

Kennith Hower
Aug 1st, 2011, 10:26 PM
in chapter 2 (i think) when lizzy finds the tivo of the newscaster and they talk about a man with tats that had been convicted of murder and was diagnosed with a bipolar disorder. maybe he is the zombie in the pinstrip suit and manybe b/c of his split personality he is also the zombie from the arena. Oh and they did c the pinstrip suit zombie in the mental health ward of the hospital which is where they were gonna take the murderer.

Zombiephyllic
Aug 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ink and Mr. Pin Stripe can't be the same guy. When angel and Riley left the arena with datu and Kolani ink was busy nom-noming samantha. They left the arena, and drove the hummer straight back to the tower where they immediately find Mr. Pin Stripe trying to break in. When they show up, Mr. Pin Stripe had already gotten to the tower, made several attempts at the key pad on the door, was let in to the stairwell, and killed the real paul. There's no way the zombie who was in the arena when they left, beat them back to the tower and broke in. So they're different zombies.

Now, about why the one in the hospital didn't chase Riley and Kolani. My theory is that chasing down anything is beneath him. He's got a hoard of zombie subordinates to do that for him. But he's still a bad guy.

ZombieNick
Aug 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Wow. Good question. I never really gave it a second thought. Do we have any account of Ink, himself, ever attacking someone?

nikvoodoo
Aug 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Wow. Good question. I never really gave it a second thought. Do we have any account of Ink, himself, ever attacking someone?

Paul. Ink wrecked Paul.

ZombieNick
Aug 8th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ah. I see. I just listened to Chapter 11.
It just makes me more curious as to who, if anyone, is leading the Zombies.
A train of thought that I had is that Ink is the leader of the Zombies but,
why would he go to infiltrate the Tower when he could send someone else instead but,
then again if you want something done right you've got to do yourself.

Chris Osborne
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Ink and Mr. Pin Stripe can't be the same guy. When angel and Riley left the arena with datu and Kolani ink was busy nom-noming samantha.

Actually, thats incorrect. The one in the arena "nom-nomed" Samantha well before they rescued Datu. We hear Samantha get killed, we hear her say "Not you!" and then screams and Datu pretty much sinks into his depression after that. Its not clear how long passes between the time when Angel and Riley find him and when she died, but its not WHILE shes being killed. I got the impression it was later, hours later if not the next day entirely.

edit: also, this is from the "Unanswered Questions" thread.
this seems to say all sightings are of the same zombie...
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Unanswered+Questions#What+is+th e+deal+with+the+one+with+markings

Chris Osborne
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM
why would he go to infiltrate the Tower when he could send someone else instead but,
then again if you want something done right you've got to do yourself.

Bear in mind what we know about the different zombies so far. The biters are for all intents and purposes too whacked out to be precise and cunning enough to get in. The Big Ones are, well... BIG. The jumpers are too tall and lanky, the small ones [which at this point arent even in the storyline yet] are just too small. Plus Ink can pass for human. He has the intelligence and he, from what we have heard, isnt as physically different from the survivors in appearance, aside from the tattoos, which he had the smarts enough to hide form the guys watching the monitors and then from the others by keeping his back to them. Quite simply, he had no one else to send on those missions.

fricatcow
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:04 PM
yeah i dont buy that INK is a good guy i think he like to play with his food and its all a game to him

Zombie-Bane
Sep 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
yeah i dont buy that INK is a good guy i think he like to play with his food and its all a game to him

That would fit the profile of a serial killer, kind a like, Bill

Anhysbys
Dec 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ink's a good guy trust me, we play golf sometimes. He's not half bad once you get to know him. We actually worked on the virus together and sold it on the Black Market to an unknown buyer for millions. We're both long since infected and getting along just fine.

Professor Woland
Feb 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM
I always thought that Ink was Case Zero. Doesn't the spread of infection they tried to track originate near the asylum he was put in?

reaper239
Feb 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
i thought it originated near inglewood (i think that's where victor and pegs ran into the force.)