PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical FUn

Lieoften
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I must do a little bit of Social Engineering of a Fictional World.

I want you to chose a scenario and elaborate on it.
//* WARNING: the following post contains my prognosis of the world, with some artistic license of course. *\\
Scenario 1:
You are a working-class citizen of the Great City of Haven; you comfortably live in one of the many apartment complexes in the inner most reaches of Haven. Throughout your day, you hear whispers of the fantastical nature (“Did you hear [The Company] has perfected teleportation?” & “my Nephew who works at [The Company] came home the other day with a bottle of vitamins that quadruple your IQ”)…
Scenario 2:
You are a Civil Servant [Policemen, Solider, etc.] of the Great City of Haven. You stand ready to protect those you love. One day your Boss/Superior offers you a promotion of sorts: the pay raise is minute but the position is unimaginable. He tells you, in complete confidence that you will do unimaginable things, things that he has seen but cannot begin to fathom words to explain…
Scenario 3:
You are a Student at Haven University: forty hours of your week are spent at school, another forty is spent working at [The Company] to pay off your student loans and living expenses. This however leaves you overwhelmed, unable to function during the weekdays and sleeping the weekend away. A thought crosses your mind, you know that [The Company] has been working on mental stimuli…
////////* End My Thoughts *\\\\\\\
Basically, elaborate on the scenario you chose (in any way you seem fit) and post the reply here. Any input would be much appreciated.

"The true sign of Intelligence is not the knowledge, but the imagination" - Albert