PDA

View Full Version : Shirts of the Dead - We're Alive fan shirts!

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
So you've got the rules of the tower. The zombie is clawing through your chest. You're strutting your stuff, proudly proclaiming to the world "We're Alive". Now what?

A few of us here on the forums have been kicking around some ideas for some shirts we'd like to see. Wether they become official shirts or are just the products of the deranged minds We're Alive fandom has birthed remains to be seen.

But even if these remain "fan-made" shirts, or stay in our imaginations only, we wanted to get other fan's thoughts on things they'd want to wear on a WA-themed shirt. Be it a caption, quote, artwork or a complete design, feel free to idea-vomit it up here (really need to think of a less graphic way to say that)!

Our first shirt idea (concocted by myself, Waldo Butters & 7oddisdead) was the caption
"We're Alive!
Drug of choice"
(or 'My drug of choice'), on a choice of black or (please excuse the bad-pun-like nature of this) Golden Brown.

Also toying with the image of a flower pot on a ledge and "The Last Mistake You'll Ever Make" on black or white.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?
The best of the bunch will be campaigned to be made official, plus we'll try and churn out a bunch of the others (presumably with the money spent covering the costs of printing & shipping & the rest going to WA. Logistics need work, as always).

Get creative & go crazy!

EDIT: There are also some shirt ideas over here (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2019-WA-Summer-T-Shirt-Contest). It's for a contest, so that's awesome!

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Also,
"Lady 4 Life!"
Image of dog with severed zombie arm in mouth?

All shirts would also have the WA logo/website somewhere on them (ie back?).

Osiris
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
I like where you're going with this. I shall have to put some thought into it and get back to you.

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I'll also work up some stuff over the weekend...im thinking perhaps make it more of a forum supported thing? As in, if a physical product ever does see the light of day...a large portion of the proceeds goes toward the forum and those who help run it...with
zombiepodcast.com/forums or some such thing on the back..

Osiris
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'll also work up some stuff over the weekend...im thinking perhaps make it more of a forum supported thing? As in, if a physical product ever does see the light of day...a large portion of the proceeds goes toward the forum and those who help run it...with
zombiepodcast.com/forums or some such thing on the back..

I am far more fond of the idea of the money going to a charity of some kind. Children's Hospital or Women's Shelters. Something larger and infinitely more important than a message board.

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
True....well what happens with it beyond what we do...is whatever..im saying if a physical product ever does emerge. It would be best if the powers that be here dealt with that end of it. Best case scenario a "message board" donates to a good cause that way...vs individuals on the board..im way more on board with a charity idea as well

Osiris
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
True....well what happens with it beyond what we do...is whatever..im saying if a physical product ever does emerge. It would be best if the powers that be here dealt with that end of it. Best case scenario a "message board" donates to a good cause that way...vs individuals on the board..im way more on board with a charity idea as well

+1 <3

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:16 AM

I like the idea of part of the money going to WA and/or the forum (as it's the inspiration) and part going to like ChildsPlay or something like that. Thinking 50/50 of the 'profits' (ie, the bit that doesn't cover print & post) but assuming this ever gets near to a reality that's a descision for people higher up the WA food chain.

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
First idea(im mobile and nowhere near a computer,else id draw it up now) large hand drawn Shirley. Complete with Shirley engraved I'm thinking large enough that the butt of the handle is at the shoulder and the barrel,middle chest stomach area,pointing down..id buy that, hell...ill make one for myself..

mem
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
burt in a preschool reading a book to the kids
some look afraid, some look ready to cry and a few look like they are frozen in a catatonic pose of shock and unbelieving
the caption "see mallers run. run run run"

Nullifier
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I already posted this idea here : http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?826-Ways-that-We-re-Alive-can-make-money.&p=23366#post23366
I'd like to see all of the proceeds go to WA.
Here's my idea.
Shirt Caption:

I raided the Mallers & all I got was this crappy shirt!

Colours, Plain Black
Grey with Blood stains
Olive Drab with Blood stains

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
so ive been sitting here working on a flowerpot/"you've got a mess to clean up" design and it dawned on me....considering these are proposed fan shirts, fans coming from the forums....would it not make sense that the first one we work on be....."i've been watching you from the rooftops...." that would be a real attention getter i would think.

Nullifier
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:30 AM
"i've been watching you from the rooftops...."
I like it.

Wicked Sid
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:30 PM
burt in a preschool reading a book to the kids
some look afraid, some look ready to cry and a few look like they are frozen in a catatonic pose of shock and unbelieving
the caption "see mallers run. run run run"

Or it could be Mary Had A Little Lamb.

Creem_Filling
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
What I think would be interesting is some shirts that only forum goers could love. I can't think of anything especially clever, but something like "The We're Alive forums: my home away from home".

Also a shirt with some blog fan stuff. Like a shirt with the voodoo lounge on it. I don't say this to boost Nikvoodoo's ego, I just think a lot of us are fans and would be willing to advertise it on our bodies. And possibly They're Not Dead shirts, because it's just the most awesomest blog ever.:o

And lasty, for a long time I've wanted We're Not Dead t-shirts. I love that podcast almost as much as I love We're Alive and i would be totally willing to wear clothes pimping Britt's goods. (That didn't sound weird in my head but I'm sticking with it.)

Magrat
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
so ive been sitting here working on a flowerpot/"you've got a mess to clean up" design and it dawned on me....considering these are proposed fan shirts, fans coming from the forums....would it not make sense that the first one we work on be....."i've been watching you from the rooftops...." that would be a real attention getter i would think.

love both the ideas. Can't wait to see the designs. The rooftops one sounds awesome!

And lasty, for a long time I've wanted We're Not Dead t-shirts. I love that podcast almost as much as I love We're Alive and i would be totally willing to wear clothes pimping Britt's goods. (That didn't sound weird in my head but I'm sticking with it.)

I'd like the idea of a WND shirt with possibly DTran's image of Ink (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=307&d=1298720586). Would be cool to set something like this up.

Really enjoying the ideas surfacing. When we get a couple more images to go with the slogans I'll edit the original post so it's easier to see what we've all been coming up with. Do keep up the creativity. Tis brilliant.

I'm mulling over some other ideas I'll hopefully post here in a day or two. :P

7oddisdead
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:59 AM
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=829&d=1310392433
here you go..a forum specific one (i know its slightly self serving but whatev's..i was learning the zazzle).. more from me soon in both the shirt threads

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:43 PM
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=829&d=1310392433
here you go..a forum specific one (i know its slightly self serving but whatev's..i was learning the zazzle).. more from me soon in both the shirt threads

Bwahahaha! Me likey.
I fear we may start something terrible and dangerous with shirts so specific. :P
That being said, a Voodoo Lounge shirt would not go amiss. But it'd have to be catchy...

gaijinpunk
Aug 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
How about a Tower '09' Alumni shirt? Circular insignia w/ something from all the main characters in the border: flowerpot, bow, rifle, desert eagle, Lady, screwdriver, etc. (zombie bite on one shoulder optional?) O_o