PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead Episode 20

HardKor
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
just noticed the new episode is up and there's no thread, so here ya go. Begin discussion.

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Chistmas....have you listened to it???? There's a reason there was no thread about it.....

......I haven't listened yet so I'm just joshin'. I'm about to though, I just noticed it was waiting in my iTunes. Thanks for starting the thread!

Britt
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
THANK YOU! I was just getting ready to do this. :D

HardKor
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
Chistmas....have you listened to it???? There's a reason there was no thread about it.....

......I haven't listened yet so I'm just joshin'. I'm about to though, I just noticed it was waiting in my iTunes. Thanks for starting the thread!
LOL. Yeah I just finished it when I came here and saw there was no thread. I'm just happy I got mentioned three weeks in a row. I feel like I've got a streak going:p

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
LOL. Yeah I just finished it when I came here and saw there was no thread. I'm just happy I got mentioned three weeks in a row. I feel like I've got a streak going:p

I'm totally not going to mention you on purpose after 23-3 ;) and any good post you make in the discussion thread? I'mma have to delete it so britt don't talk about you neither!

*picks up stick and ball and goes home*

HardKor
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm totally not going to mention you on purpose after 23-3 ;) and any good post you make in the discussion thread? I'mma have to delete it so britt don't talk about you neither!

*In my best "whining kid" voice*
Britt! Nik's being mean!

Magrat
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM

Bwahahahahahahaha! You'll have to one up Nik and just appear on the podcast with him. See if he can silence you then! :-p

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM
I stand by my theory that shooting the sheets back up to Angel and Burt would not work. If you leave it flowing behind the arrow, the sheet will interfere with the fletchings and cause the arrow to not fly straight, not to mention the sheet would act more like a flap since it would be tied to one side and send the arrow off course.

If you wrap/tie the sheet around the arrow so nothing is trailing behind it and all the sheet is secured to the arrow itself, how do you fire it? The shaft of the arrow would need to be up against the bow to be accurately fired. If you hold it out and away from the bow, I'd call it akin to trying to hit a target with a handgun one handed with your eyes closed using your off hand....you aren't supposed to shoot it that way. I've fired a bow and arrow with the arrow not resting against the bow. It flies off to the side and has little velocity behind it because you aren't taking advantage of the string's released energy. The energy is being forced forward, but the arrow only takes some of it and sends it to the side.

I do admit things have been carried by arrows. They have been used in history to carry explosive payloads, fire tipped, etc etc. But those were all designed specifically for those purposes, and paired with an appropriate bow. I just don't think bed sheets would work at all. I agree that Riley's bow would have the distance with an untethered arrow. Easily. But as soon as you tie a bed sheet to it, I don't think it could work.

HardKor
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:40 PM
There probably would be some issues with firing the bed sheet up with an arrow. But I had another thought. Tie a fairly heavy rock to the end of the bed sheets and throw it up there. 6 stories isn't really that far to throw a rock. I know I routinely bullsyed a set of keys through a 4th story window while falling down drunk in college. An extra two stories wouldn't be that much farther even with a bed sheet "rope" trailing behind.

Like they said on the podcast, there do seem to be multiple "outs" for this situation. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
100% Agree with both of you...the thing I wonder is, have any of these pro blanket arrow combo people ever used a compound bow?..i can assure you that the arrow would go approx....ten feet..hell, I'll do the experiment this weekend if need be

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
100% Agree with both of you...the thing I wonder is, have any of these pro blanket arrow combo people ever used a compound bow?..i can assure you that the arrow would go approx....ten feet..hell, I'll do the experiment this weekend if need be

Make a video of it if you do!

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Aye,...it might be Ahab doin it though...should be interesting ..

Pikepaw
Jul 1st, 2011, 10:54 PM
Britt, you did not have your number be 37! It can't be! I thought I was free!

It involves a series of strange coincidences that started about three, almost four years ago. The number 37 keeps popping up, more than it should!!

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:41 AM

Oh please put it on the tubes of you!

Also, Pikepaw, I feel for you. The number 42 keeps cropping up in my life. In books I read, movies of those books, radio series, forums, towels...

Gunslinger
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Y'know, I have no good reason to believe this, but I have an inkling that the remote thing Burt was working on, along with the randomly mentioned C4 will come into play here. Maybe I watch too many action movies, but C4 and a hospital full of glass windows, in a hospital shaped like a cross, with a helicopter, full of zombies just says fiery explosions followed by a rain of glass and girders to me. Probably a leap onto a helicopter, too, just for the sake of being classic and not needing to endanger any live stunt people. :o)

Re1ndeer
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Loved this week's podcast! Also, Thanks for the shout out, Britt!

Th3_T3ch
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Jim Gleason Blooper... I think he purposely did that. He definitely couldn't have done that by mistake.

nikvoodoo
Jul 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Jim Gleason Blooper... I think he purposely did that. He definitely couldn't have done that by mistake.

Sure he could have. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had actors reading out of a script in a rehearsal say the wrong thing because their eyes scanned further onto their script page than they planned and saw a word and they commit that to short term memory by mistake. Following a script page isn't necessarily as simple as it sounds. People get lost all the time.

When reading for anything not being done in front of a live audience, actors don't memorize things. They scan it so they know what they are about to say, but they won't memorize it like they would for a theater performance or even a movie/tv show. They just have a solid idea of where it's going and what is about to be said. I bet if you were to ask the cast of We're Alive to immediately reenact chapter 17, they wouldn't be able to do it because they wouldn't memorize the work.

And I've also seen actors completely say the wrong line in performances and they never even know they did it until they are told following the performance. Including in the middle of iconic Shakespearean passages (ie. St. Crispin's Day in Henry V) that actors study for years and years.

I'd give this a 100% legit in my opinion.

Magrat
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Sure he could have. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had actors reading out of a script in a rehearsal say the wrong thing because their eyes scanned further onto their script page than they planned and saw a word and they commit that to short term memory by mistake. Following a script page isn't necessarily as simple as it sounds. People get lost all the time.

When reading for anything not being done in front of a live audience, actors don't memorize things. They scan it so they know what they are about to say, but they won't memorize it like they would for a theater performance or even a movie/tv show. They just have a solid idea of where it's going and what is about to be said. I bet if you were to ask the cast of We're Alive to immediately reenact chapter 17, they wouldn't be able to do it because they wouldn't memorize the work.

And I've also seen actors completely say the wrong line in performances and they never even know they did it until they are told following the performance. Including in the middle of iconic Shakespearean passages (ie. St. Crispin's Day in Henry V) that actors study for years and years.

I'd give this a 100% legit in my opinion.

Having seen (and indeed committed) quite a number of these faux pas in my time, even seasoned actors can completely butcher a line. For this kind of script (and style), I'd say the major issue would be reading ahead. Fairly certain that's what we're looking at.
Could be wrong. Maybe his brain melted. We'll never know (until we are told).

j0be
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM
At least it wasn't a Freudian slip.
A Freudian slip is where you say one thing but mean your mother.

Mikeyd2tall
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
At least it wasn't a Freudian slip.
A Freudian slip is where you say one thing but mean your mother.
haha :) i love psychological my steaks.

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Sorry the episode was spoiled for ya Britt. That's a bummer. Though I still get choked up even when I relisten to the Lizzy/Saul scene. :'(

j0be, you rock dude. You are just full of win, and that's all I've got to say. No explanation needed. Full of win.

Great episode folks! I'm curious to see if the blanket-tied-to-an-arrow myth will be busted. Kudos on the mic work; no P's were Pppoppin' and no Brombachers were booming! :-P

So is there a link to the WND webpage? What's up with that? What's going on with that? What's the skinny? The 4-1-1? The dealio? I suppose I could google it or sumfing but I is a lazy d-bag. ;-B

Coolluck
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
The I Am Legend theory is intriguing but I seriously doubt it. Because the point of that book was made at the end, it would be logical for the same to happen here. As a result, the endings would be almost identical with Neville being replaced by Michael, I assume. I doubt that they'd rip off the ending that much, even if it's played as a homage. It just seems uncharacteristic of them.

j0be
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I agree that the I Am Legend ending is probably not going to happen. I was more commenting on the fan theory.

Also, one thing you never find out unless you are on a podcast with me I am far too self deprecating. Britt constantly was telling me to stop apologizing for everything.

timberwoof
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Mr Whiskers was Black and White.

ilanagl
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
It should end with Michael saying "I am legend" That would be amazing, it was one of the best books ever. I also got that version of the book and was all psyched to see what happened and then bam it was over.

HardKor
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
It should end with Michael saying "I am legend" That would be amazing, it was one of the best books ever. I also got that version of the book and was all psyched to see what happened and then bam it was over.

I think it ending with Michael saying "We're Alive" would be more fitting while still keeping with the same theme.

Pikepaw
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I love how there is only one reference to Mr. Whisker's colour, Saul's line when they first encounter the thing, "It's a cat, black and white"

mem
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:19 AM
To heck with shooting the sheets back up into the window. why didnt someone think to stop off at Ropes-r-us and get a frikkin rope. No rope you say ? What about salvaging the zip line. Sometimes i yell at the podcast characters for having their heads up their culos !

HardKor
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
To heck with shooting the sheets back up into the window. why didnt someone think to stop off at Ropes-r-us and get a frikkin rope. No rope you say ? What about salvaging the zip line. Sometimes i yell at the podcast characters for having their heads up their culos !

Very true, If Boondock Saints has taught us anything, it's that it's always good to have rope close at hand.

Kc
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quick reply from Kc... The tape deck was in Saul's car... so he didn't just find some random car ;)
And Mr. Whiskers has been missing since Chapter 12...

nikvoodoo
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Quick reply from Kc... The tape deck was in Saul's car... so he didn't just find some random car ;)
And Mr. Whiskers has been missing since Chapter 12...

you mean.....Mr. Whiskers is going to fail in his task to successfully kill Pegs???!!! *sad panda face!*

Kc
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
you mean.....Mr. Whiskers is going to fail in his task to successfully kill Pegs???!!! *sad panda face!*
I said he was missing... I didn't say he wasn't plotting.

nikvoodoo
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I said he was missing... I didn't say he wasn't plotting.

oh i know :)

It's just that he's been seen twice, once he had every one pointing guns at Pegs, and the second time he draws Pegs into a pipe bomb blast during the War.

He's a bastard that Mr. Whiskers!

ComradeNarf
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
If there's another fantastic fight, it'll require a formidable faction to finish that feline fiend forever. You know what this means?

Angel and Kalani vs. Mr. Whiskers! - The gloves are off, and the claws are out.

Also, pardon my alliteration.

7oddisdead
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Five bucks on the cat .. . .•_•

j0be
Jul 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
We've heard dogs are immune, a still haven't proven cats are a well. Zombie kitten reunion?

Magrat
Jul 8th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Five bucks on the cat .. . .•_•

He's gonna take that helicopter DOWN!

mem
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
if mr whiskers was the "rat" that would be epic on a very large scale of epicness

timberwoof
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
What if the Mr. Whiskers is behind the breakout. Mutated in a lab to think like a human, and bent on world domination. Hurry somebody call the dog CIA.....

nikvoodoo
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
if mr whiskers was the "rat" that would be epic on a very large scale of epicness

If Mr. Whiskers, a cat, was the rat.....I think that would cause some temporal rift and the universe would swallow itself....

....Maybe it's better that the cat stays missing....

HardKor
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
If Mr. Whiskers, a cat, was the rat.....I think that would cause some temporal rift and the universe would swallow itself....

....Maybe it's better that the cat stays missing....
But that's the beauty of it. No one expects the cat to be a "rat." A rat in cat's clothing? Brilliant!

7oddisdead
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:15 PM
And the cheese stands alone....the true source of it all

Magrat
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Mr whiskers is ink!

timberwoof
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Mr whiskers is ink!

That's why he's been missing. He's been collecting his minions for the total annihilation of all human kind. The reason he was at the tower was to scout it out.

Gunslinger
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I can haz bwainz?

ComradeNarf
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mr whiskers is ink!

Pure coincidence that it was only briefly mentioned that Mr. Whiskers was black and white? The truth is that Mr. Whiskers is the Pin Striped Cat.

VeritableHero
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Oh wow. This thread turned very entertaining. :)

j0be
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:38 AM
That's the reason they never showed his face in the artwork!

HardKor
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
That's the reason they never showed his face in the artwork!
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=832&d=1310419802
Dun, dun, DUN!

timberwoof
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Sweet

SoMoney
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:24 PM
i can haz bwainz?

why you no give my cat back?!

Luna Guardian
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:29 PM
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=832&d=1310419802