PDA

View Full Version : fight or flight: a mallers tale..

7oddisdead
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Well, here's a semi short lived thread for the next couple weeks. We now know that Lizzie scratch,tar,bricks, and possibly more mallers survived the attack on the arena. We know that the plan is to head south from there to meet up with durai. We also know that the majority of their ways down are going to be covered between the zoms at the tower and the army at the hospital. What we cannot assume at this point is that they are among the ones being drug to the hospital...

so in a prediction/strategy type mentality, if you were the mallers, how on earth would you get out if the mess your in?..

Osiris
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Scratch cannot be killed by anything. <3

7oddisdead
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Dude...im really starting to believe that...and slowly becoming her no. 2 Fan....;)

GD_Elite
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
The mallers have cars, so any zombs in their way can be just be turned into roadkill. I don't see any reason why there wouldn't still be a significant number of mallers still alive after the attack because everyone else was presumably a safe distance away from the explosion.

Osiris
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
The mallers have cars, so any zombs in their way can be just be turned into roadkill. I don't see any reason why there wouldn't still be a significant number of mallers still alive after the attack because everyone else was presumably a safe distance away from the explosion.

How quickly we seem to have forgotten that the Zeds have taken out convoys already. They are able to lay traps, drive cars (or at least push them into the road) and seem to have the ability to form cohesive strategic plans that get the living/uninfected killed/eaten/other. I don't think that simply having a set of wheels is going to guarantee survival by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said, Scratch is a survivor and if anyone can find a way to get through this it'll be her. <3

GD_Elite
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Fair point.
The solution: Don't go in convoy. Sporadic driving.
And it would seem like most of the zombies are at the hospital right now and I would bet they have the one with tattoos there too as leadership. Assuming that there is only one, and considering that he has been present at both ambush sites, that would mean that there is unlikely to be another ambush.

Osiris
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
This makes me wonder.... perhaps a thread will occur about my sudden thought... or perhaps a blog.

7oddisdead
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
A thought I've never heard addressed that has nothing to do with thus subject...remember the Saul and Lizzie bet? The driver of the car had been shot from the outside...yet the zoms moved the car....hhmmm. *Awaits blog mentioned above*

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
A thought I've never heard addressed that has nothing to do with thus subject...remember the Saul and Lizzie bet? The driver of the car had been shot from the outside...yet the zoms moved the car....hhmmm. *Awaits blog mentioned above*

The car was shot from outside by the residents of Tower 1 because a Smart One was driving it. They were trying to stop it.

As far as the creatures, cars and ambushes. Here's the deal:
Ambushes are set up only after movement has been recorded as routine. You never take the same route or travel at the same time.
All the ambushes have been set AFTER Tower One and the Mallers had been traveling up and down the respective roads for a good while.
They can hit you on the return trip or set one up in anticipation for the next trip. It's hard to pull someone from a moving vehicle, but not so hard once they're static.

Osiris
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:43 AM
The car was shot from outside by the residents of Tower 1 because a Smart One was driving it. They were trying to stop it.

As far as the creatures, cars and ambushes. Here's the deal:
Ambushes are set up only after movement has been recorded as routine. You never take the same route or travel at the same time.
All the ambushes have been set AFTER Tower One and the Mallers had been traveling up and down the respective roads for a good while.
They can hit you on the return trip or set one up in anticipation for the next trip. It's hard to pull someone from a moving vehicle, but not so hard once they're static.

So.... Datu falling through the roof was... routine?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 11th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Possibly. You set traps in areas where there is proof of traffic. It obviously wasn't the first time someone fell in that hole. You can set a trap and hope someone or something falls into it and not have to be there to watch it.

Think about a mouse trap. You can set it and leave. BUT lets say you see the mouse in the kitchen and you know it has to get back to it's hole. So, you lie in wait, then once it's where you want it to be, you spring into action. One caught mouse or nearly caught mouse...

Having said that, Traps are different than an Ambush. Traps are a thing, while an ambush is an action. You can use traps during an ambush in the terms of an attack.

Osiris
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:10 AM
The question I pose to you is this:

Are the creatures merely reacting to stimuli or are they showing signs of intelligent thought, communication and problem solving skills?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
The question I pose to you is this:

Are the creatures merely reacting to stimuli or are they showing signs of intelligent thought, communication and problem solving skills?

It's clear indications of intelligence at work. You can't set an ambush without it nor be set up to observe the outcome. Any animal can set a trap (trap door spiders... spider webs... Venus fly traps..) but they can't set an ambush.
Remember on both instances, there was a Smart One set up to observe the ambush and coordinate the attacks.

7oddisdead
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:43 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7575928/

Example of a breed of ants setting an ambush, yes its a bit of a stretch....and I'm a bit late with this one but hey...;)

Found it interesting nonetheless.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:58 AM
7odd,

Thanks for putting that link there. It reinforces my comment. It's a trap, not an "Ambush." The title is a bit misleading, cool read, but misleading.
This is the same as a spider waiting in a web or hole.

I was talking about setting something up for a specific purpose or group. The attack on the tankers was done because they'd traveled up that road. They'd taken the time to clear it and those actions were observed. The creatures placed something to redirect the crew then sprung the ambush in a coordinated attack.
In the classic "Art of War" lesson of setting the battlefield.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The ants, called Allomerus decemarticulatus, live in trees in the Amazon. Their trap is made of natural plant hairs, some regurgitated goo, and a binding fungus that the ants, amazingly, appear to farm. It allows the ants to snag a meal, such as a large flying insect, that they otherwise could not handle."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how this is the second Ant/Zombie related thing. You could also say 3rd because they ref ants in the podcast too!

Again, thanks for the good read.

7oddisdead
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Crow
I said it was a stretch...i agree with your assessment,it is more of a "trap"...but its also a trap we have seen used on datu..

iF you enjoyed that, think of any situation within the storyline....and Google it in reference to ants...ive yet to find something the w/a zombies do that doesn't somehow relate back to ant behavior...call it my "thing" if you will..