PDA

View Full Version : Falling Skies

Craneses
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Premiered recently on TNT, any thoughts?

I personally liked it, the whole survival/resistance story captures me.

smalls kenobi
Jun 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
it reminded me of the Terminator Future War. i enjoyed it, although i did miss the last episode :P

Nullifier
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
meh, I thought it was rather bland to be honest, neither the characters or the story was very engaging, but alas the show is bound to get rave reviews when your backer is named Spielberg & you can afford to splash out on $1000 a night Hotel rooms, free booze & hookers for the critics.

However, I will continue to watch every episode simply because I am a devotee of this genre.

Jericho goes down in my book as one of the all time great Post Apocalyptic tv shows.

Ctatyk Frost
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I've only seen the 2 episode premier so far, but it looks to be interesting. I'm hoping that they continue with the character development rather than just continually splashing battle after battle at us. I think that's one of the things that is forgotten in most series these days.

As for Jericho, agreed. Best post apocalyptic tv show so far.

mylittlepwny
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Come on guys keepin it real with a little Walking Dead

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I was a tad bored with the show. Too cut out, too cardboard. The last episode I watched was when the racist dude and his crew captured the teacher and used them to get the .50 cal.

Nullifier
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
And the really amazing thing is.........that despite having broadcast just 4 episodes it's been picked up for a second season..... ca-ching ca-ching, I think my earlier remark regarding certain producers & hookers is dead on.

Q : How do you tell the world is totally frakked up?

A : Shows like Space Above & Beyond, Firefly, Odyssey 5, Flash Forward & Jericho get dumped before finishing a season & Cookie-Cutter-Crap like this get picked up for a second.

Luna Guardian
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
And the really amazing thing is.........that despite having broadcast just 4 episodes it's been picked up for a second season..... ca-ching ca-ching, I think my earlier remark regarding certain producers & hookers is dead on.

Q : How do you tell the world is totally frakked up?

A : Shows like Space Above & Beyond, Firefly, Odyssey 5, Flash Forward & Jericho get dumped before finishing a season & Cookie-Cutter-Crap like this get picked up for a second.

All I have to say is: FOX

Nullifier
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I've only seen the 2 episode premier so far, but it looks to be interesting. I'm hoping that they continue with the character development rather than just continually splashing battle after battle at us. I think that's one of the things that is forgotten in most series these days.

As for Jericho, agreed. Best post apocalyptic tv show so far.

Character development....really?, I'd prefer the battle after battle myself, can't say I've actually ever watched anything that lacked "character development" & concentrated on action, perhaps you can recommend something.......no this isn't sarcasm.

I'm just totally fed up with the esoteric touchy-feely I'm ok, you're ok, it's ok to be gay, inner reflection soul searching neurotic role reversal clap trap that passes for drama today.

ha, they say modern tv is about putting "normal people in extraordinary situations".......rrrreeeeaaaally.....
Does anyone actually know someone that is as neurotic as the fools portrayed on tv?
I say get some new friends........or therapy.

Nullifier
Aug 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hey, wanna see something weird?
After watching the latest episode I headed over to the official web site here : http://www.tnt.tv/series/microsite/fallingskies/

On the left hand side of the screen there are 3 "tabs" to view videos segments from the show, I guess it is for if you just want to re watch a particular segment?, the top one is Revealed New Alien.

Only they aint the Aliens featured on the TV Screened Version........whoops!
First I thought they may have been simple CGI Animation Tools used by the developers as a sort of "Place Mark Holder" until the "skinners" got around to finishing the models, however these Aliens are quite Detailed, so my theory is that after this scene was uploaded to the official website but before it was released for public viewing, someone took the decision to rework the Aliens to appear more sinister-alien-ish (other than the generic Grays the public is now used to) for the TV Screening, but they forgot to alter the website video with the updated Alien, also there is a Camera Target Reticule that was later removed from the aired TV version.

Enjoy.

Official Website Alien not seen in TV Version

Alien as seen on TV

Craneses
Aug 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hey, wanna see something weird?
After watching the latest episode I headed over to the official web site here : http://www.tnt.tv/series/microsite/fallingskies/

On the left hand side of the screen there are 3 "tabs" to view videos segments from the show, I guess it is for if you just want to re watch a particular segment?, the top one is Revealed New Alien.

Only they aint the Aliens featured on the TV Screened Version........whoops!
First I thought they may have been simple CGI Animation Tools used by the developers as a sort of "Place Mark Holder" until the "skinners" got around to finishing the models, however these Aliens are quite Detailed, so my theory is that after this scene was uploaded to the official website but before it was released for public viewing, someone took the decision to rework the Aliens to appear more sinister-alien-ish (other than the generic Grays the public is now used to) for the TV Screening, but they forgot to alter the website video with the updated Alien, also there is a Camera Target Reticule that was later removed from the aired TV version.

Enjoy.

Official Website Alien not seen in TV Version

Alien as seen on TV

Wow, now that is very interesting. =o

Cabbage Patch
Aug 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I enjoyed the first season. The visuals were amazing; they reminded me a lot of We're Alive. The streets choked with abandoned cars, the looted stores, the homes still sitting the way they were abandoned.