PDA

View Full Version : Follow the Silencer (updated)

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
With Chapter 23 we have an update on the silenced MP5, it is with Angel.

If there are only two silenced weapons, it is consistent with Riley being the shooter.

As far as the audience goes, the Silenced Beretta is still MIA.
It was last seen being packed into a bag as our heroes fled the colony.

A silenced Pistol is said to be in Burt' bag. This could be the one we have seen numerous times or a new one.

If it is new it is any ideas of where it came from is pure conjecture. But, We can speculate where the one from the colony went
Kelley
Michael not the shooter, with Tanya
Pegs
Victor
Hope
Tanya not the shooter with Michael
Burt is given it
Any one else with a convoluted plot development we were not made aware of in (real time)

If it is the same, it has been transferred from Michael et al. To Burt.
1) someone takes it from Burt's Bag not in "real time" before he leaves
2) Someone takes it from Burt's Bag at the Mallers again not in real time
Possibilities are
Angel not the shooter with Tanya
Michael not the shooter if alarm beeps are harmonized
Riley

3) It falls out of Burt's Bag into the truck and is not noticed when Saul and Burt leave with the hummer.
Possibilitis are
The three above
Datu who helps move the stuff upstairs most likely leaves tower before alarm
Just about anyone else who may have helped

Another idea, but requires another silenced pistol, is it is still in Burt's Bag at LAX. Saul lies about it and takes it for himself. Saul knows he is about to go AWOL and is going to need a weapon. Silenced pistol is the shit if one is sneaking around behind enemy lines trying to free a captive.

More on Saul.
My dad had a pic line for his chemo. It is close to the shoulder and runs along the collarbone. I do not think my dad's doctor would want him shooting skeet with that thing. In addition, Burt asks Michael and Saul for a boost as he climbs up to spy on the Mallers because both of them have arm issues.

Saul is probably not going to be shooting a lot of rifles. But before you jump all over me about the one at LAX, that was one. In addition, it was crippled. Saul walks to it and gives it a coup de grace. This could be a from the hip shot. Not the aim I would like going into the maw of the beast.

But, again, all of the above Saul stuff requires a third silenced pistol.

What we hear during the shooting of Pippin is not the silence MP5. The MP5 has more of a burp sound. The sound of the shooter is consistent with the silenced Beretta that Pegs and Michael shoot during the escape to the safe house when Fernando dies.

If there are three or more, a lot of the binary logic fails and we are left with conjecture

Assumption: 1 silenced pistol
Assumption: Burt leaves the tower with it
Assumption: All alibis are true

Kelley, although she has access to it when they reach the tower, it becomes more difficult to get it back in her hands once Burt leaves

Riley, does not have easy access to it until Burt leaves with it and she arrives to assault the Mallers

Victor, see Kelley

Lewis, who? Just kidding, but Michael and Angel accept his story

Further Riley thoughts
She may have gone to the guard room to Kill steven who was supposed to be on duty.
She may have gone there to kill Pippin

She goes on the hospital expedition, and is sober. This is only a few hours after the shooting and she seems sober enough and no one seems to mind

She has been around dead people for three months. Carrying them. Killing them. Tagging them and even crawling around under them. But, she is too upset to be in the room with the dead Pippin? The difference is she has an emotional connection to this corpse.

But, ask me for the connection to the Mallers and I have no direct evidence, just conjecture

Re1ndeer
Jun 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Very good analysis. Now I am beginning to think that Riley is the shooter.

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I hope riley is the shooter so that she's tossed out of the tower and I don't have to listen to her bitch and moan anymore.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I hope riley is the shooter so that she's tossed out of the tower and I don't have to listen to her bitch and moan anymore.
same and i hope steven takes her place amoung the mains. i like him :)

HardKor
Jun 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Further Riley thoughts
She may have gone to the guard room to Kill steven who was supposed to be on duty.
She may have gone there to kill Pippin

I'm liking your thoughts here. The other thing to point out is that if your assumption is correct and there is one silenced pistol, and it was stolen from Burt's bag on the rescue mission, all this occured before Pippin showed up. This makes me think the "Riley stole the gun to kill Steven" theory all the more plausible. But if she did want to kill Steven, why set off the alarm? That whole set up seems like a plan to get into the room alone with Pippin. So I'm thinking:
a)Riley stole the silenced pistol from Burt's bag during the rescue mission.
b) She did so to kill Steven
c) Pippin showed up and became a more pressing priority.
d) Riley killed Pippin to cover up her previous betrayal (no solid evidence on motive for a previous betrayal, only conjecture)
e) Either Steven will be the next to turn up dead or Riley is too upset over the reality of killing someone to carry out her original plan

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not sure if it will happen, but if Steven ends up with a cap in his ass I'm declaring victory for the "Riley is the rat faction."

ilanagl
Jun 25th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I will be very mad if Riley is the shooter