PDA

View Full Version : Cain's General Hospital. What's in a name?

Grognaurd
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
70dd taught me this. <br />
<br />
Cain's General Hospital <br />
<br />
Genesis 4:8 <br />
King James Bible <br />
And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against...

Grognaurd
Jun 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Not sure why no one seems interested in this.

Cain slew Abel (Abel / Angel?)
Even if it is not the death of Angel, The zombies and the humans are clearly practicing Fratracide

The shape of the hospital is what? Cross
What is Michael's last name? Cross

What did Burt say the zombie's were moving like? An Army.
What is the commander of an army? General

Hospital fro me the same Latin root as hostel (rooms to stay in) or the host that receives the strangers. The one in the pinstripe suit kinda fits the bill as a host

yarri
Jun 24th, 2011, 05:57 PM
*quietly hands Arthur a tin foil hat*.. You need this more then I do....

7oddisdead
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM
*quietly hands Arthur a tin foil hat*.. You need this more then I do....

Awww...arthur gets a hat too??..its ok...hes really trying here..

I can certainly see the symbolism in the title, the thing I question more so is...we have the name Cain, and we also have images of healers from history..so what I'm seeing is a play on creation and destruction...what can we take from that?

yarri
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM
In the immortal words of Sigmund Freud.. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Leedo2502
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
In the immortal words of Sigmund Freud.. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

And sometimes it's a big... well never mind.

I think there is some nonimportant symbolism in the name Cain. Now a General Hospital is just a hospital that isn't specialized (like most cities having a "Childrens Hospital" or a hospital that deals with cancer and whatnot)

All in all I think it was a cool "Hey check this out" thing that KC threw in.

yarri
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM
And sometimes it's a big... well never mind.

I think there is some nonimportant symbolism in the name Cain. Now a General Hospital is just a hospital that isn't specialized (like most cities having a "Childrens Hospital" or a hospital that deals with cancer and whatnot)

All in all I think it was a cool "Hey check this out" thing that KC threw in.

It is.. and I am only messing with Arthur. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2011, 03:39 AM
It is ok yarri. I have an aluminum spagetti strainer I use. With all the holes it probably needs further insulation. You r hat will work perfectly

Th3_T3ch
Jun 25th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Cain General Hospital -
Cain- Brother killing Brother
General- Common
Hospital- Very bad place to go in WA

I think one of the group will have to kill another before they turn, The others will have to run up to the helicopter and GTHOofD. It was clearly a bad choice on them for going to a hospital and maybe that will become a common thing?
Just my thoughts, probably wrong but Kc does do some strange things.

Pteranodon
Jul 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Could be Herman Cain.....turning us all into zombies with Godfathers Pizza!

(sorry, kidding)

Cain's always a menacing name since he's the first murderer (2nd degree murder, BTW) Didn't figure out till the 2nd listening that those were tattoo needles- immediately thought of the 'mark of Cain' so I think you're onto something.

h3half
Aug 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Well, they went to a hospital because they needed a helicopter. It worked, so no complaining.

However, I will agree with Th3_T3ch that it is very odd that they sent four of their best deep into "enemy territory". Only four?! How should we NOT expect everyone to die. Definitely a weird choice by both Kc and and the tower people.

nikvoodoo
Aug 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM
The tower is stretched thin already. Victor, Datu and Pegs are at LAX, Jakob and James just went on a mission, Saul is gone, Lewis is imprisoned, Tanya is strapped to a bed, Kelly just sat guard duty/is working on the supplies being packed and that's what the rest of the Red Shirts are doing too.

The crew that went to the hospital were the most qualified to do so. Who else do you put in that group to increase their strategic advantage? We hadn't seen any of the nameless prove their mission worthiness and with a mission that important they couldn't be trusted to go there.

h3half
Aug 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well they had the other minor Tower residents searching for helicopter(s) on their supply runs (Pretty sure it's never outright said that everyone participates in supply runs, but I would assume that's how it works), so why not send a few extra guns to the Hospital? Just seems like a bad tactical decision. While I will agree that the four that did go are very good choices for such a mission (except Kalani, but he's not a good choice for very many missions anyway. Being able to outrun a zombie is a key thing to survive) it just seems that having a few extra guns would have been invaluable. That being said, if there were many more people they might have reacted differently to the situation.

Zombiehead
Aug 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Well, they went to a hospital because they needed a helicopter. It worked, so no complaining.

However, I will agree with Th3_T3ch that it is very odd that they sent four of their best deep into "enemy territory". Only four?! How should we NOT expect everyone to die. Definitely a weird choice by both Kc and and the tower people.The more people involved, the more noise you make. A small group of your strongest sent into a place that's been previously scoped out would be ideal. Two strong guns, a guide, and the pilot is all they required.

reaper239
Aug 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM
The more people involved, the more noise you make. A small group of your strongest sent into a place that's been previously scoped out would be ideal. Two strong guns, a guide, and the pilot is all they required.

very well put, it's the same if you read about any special ops missions: while the ideal would be to send in ten times as many men as the enemy with a thousand bullets each and have them line up and gun down any enemy in their path (the idea here is to reduce friendly casualties) that is not always feasible. a small commando unit would be the best choice for a job like this.

Grognaurd
Aug 23rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Fratricide is the dominate theme of WA and I double down on this after listening to season 3 and the criticality of fratricide within the family.

lr42186
Sep 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
One thing that I'm not sure has been pointed out -- while Michael's last name (Cross) has been pointed out to potentially be significant due to its religious connotation, what about the name Michael itself? St. Michael the Archangel is the patron saint of cops and the military, who "leads the army of God against the forces of evil". Well, now that Kimmet's gone... Michael's pretty much leading what's left of the army. I dunno if it means anything storywise, I just thought that was an interesting potential coincidence