PDA

View Full Version : Kinect owners - Get kicked in the NUads

kafu288
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1177998p1.html

Because that sort of shit is exactly what anyone stupid enough to buy a Kinect wants. Interactive advertisement - its almost like Microsoft wants people to buy a PS3

smalls kenobi
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't blame Microsoft or the Kinect for this happening. advertisements are already evolving in this direction, with or without Kinect. No one is forcing us from participating in interacting with ads, It's just another option to the ads already placed. Touch screen billboards are already out there, no one forces you to touch it against your will. if you walk by it, you don't even have to glance at it, its just there. But if you are interested enough to interact with it then wouldn't you like it to tell you where to buy the advertised product? Or how much it costs? Or any other information about it? I Would.

The point is, ads are everywhere, even when you don't notice them, they're there. Its something that is apart of living in a civilized culture. you Learn to live with it, or you don't.

daredevil
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
Well, It depends on how the Ads are implemented. If the ads are like they say, then it shouldn't be too bad but if it is forcefully shown to you... :(

Hellbringer
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
I see Gatorade product placements in my Your Shape Fitness game for the kinect. They are there, but they aren't shoved in my face. In fact, they look almost natural sitting in the background, since someone could've made the dumb move and put Mountain Dew or Dairy Queen containers behind the game instructor.
If the advertising is done smartly, we shouldn't notice them as being bothersome.

kafu288
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
Product Placement = fine whatever. Forcing you to watch an ad = I'm going to buy a PS3 instead of a 360

smalls kenobi
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
"Forcing" is a strong word. I picture that scene from A Clockwork Orange, Microsoft isn't dripping eye drops.

Hellbringer
Jun 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
"Forcing" is a strong word. I picture that scene from A Clockwork Orange, Microsoft isn't dripping eye drops.

I'm not wearing a bowler hat at any point when I'm using the Kinect.