PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else hear Angel?

itsallgoodie
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
did anyone else hear angel in both the tower and in the hospital scenes? how can he be in two places at once???

Ra1th
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:17 PM
that was steven, i think it just sounded like Angel

HardKor
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah Steven and Angel sound a lot alike. I even wondered for awhle there if they weren't both voiced by Shane Salk.

Robalypse
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Heard the same exact thing. I don't know if the actor voicing Steven had just been hanging out around Shane too long or what, but during a number of his lines he did sound very Angelesque.

j0be
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Maybe it was your acute sense of hearing. :D
Or maybe I'm just being too obtuse.

But I may not be right at all. Hopefully this will be straightened up.

StickUpKid
Jun 21st, 2011, 06:12 PM
i thought to haha

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah I think this is a bigger issue then the We're Alive Crew might realize. I've been confused on a number of occasions when voices of minor characters sounded too much like Shane Salk or one of the other voice actors (mainly Shane) and made me think sometimes someone else was speaking (which forces me to listen to it again and make sure who is who). Maybe when they are recording it sounds different so Kc and Crew are able to tell the difference. But if it is Shane, they should get someone else (maybe another person in the crew?) to do the voice over to avoid confusion.

Britt
Jun 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM
It's not Shane. Steven is voiced by Erik Wargo. :)

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
It's not Shane. Steven is voiced by Erik Wargo. :)

I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he sounds too much like Shane in my opinion and I don't know about everyone else, but I think there is only room for one person who sounds like Shane Salk in this podcast. Can he (Erik Wargo) do other voices? <= Oh and kudos to X-Play internship.

Conf
Jun 30th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I thought he sounded a lot like Angel too, at first I didn't even know it was the same Steven who got Liz kicked out, what a dick. Angel is more like screachey and prone to freak outs though, dude's totally gained some bad ass points as of late however

fridginators
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah idk at times I find even Angel and Michael can sound similar, or more likely I listen to one then think it's the other. I think the show in general is very heavily American accented which can make it hard to tell things like Angel/Steven/Michael and Lizzie/Pegs etc. It's not that they're that similar but they're all the same age and there's really not much to go off in a radio play, and you rarely have a chance to compare them. Then again I'm Australian so probably not the best judge of American accents =).

That's the thing about a radio play though, you have to take it at face value and enjoy, and it'll sort itself out. There's no doubt though that differing accents really help, so I'm grateful that Riley and Datu are both distinctive in that sense. I'm glad they don't generally waste too much time on "okay we'll do this and we'll do that" - like in Episode 22 where you just had to listen to follow who was going to LAX and everything, they didn't spell it out.

Osiris
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'd like to state for the record that Burt sounds nothing at all like Scratch.