PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 23 Pt 1 - The Devil's Workshop

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Well....that's a title, eh? Discuss and happy Monday!

http://zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/WereAliveMain_files/WA%20June%2020_photo%20final_resize.jpg
The artwork

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
H.g.bohn. "Handbook of proverbs" (1855)
" an idle brain is the devils workshop"...

Gefroan
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:34 AM
why hasnt the chapter been posted it was monday like 2 hours ago or 1 hour ago

Gefroan
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
im so early the chapter hasnt even been uploaded lol

mush_rooms
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:10 AM
im so early the chapter hasnt even been uploaded lol

It's usually up around noon EST, 9 pacific!

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Interesting title. Is it weird that it makes me think of Santa Claus?

DLMiles
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Ooooo title sounds interesting! maybe something into the inner workings of our zombie friends

Tandem25
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Interesting title. Is it weird that it makes me think of Santa Claus?

HAhahaha. Not weird at all. I flashed an image of nearly the same thing when I read it.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:56 AM
not long now...

j0be
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I love the flashback aspect of the beginning of this episode.

RANDY!!!!
(not done with this episode)

First time we see Steven in a good light.

shric debar
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Burt: blah blah blah blah

i lold

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
im so calling this a win...

TCM Revolver
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Nice long episode! Gotta love that! Did Michael make friends with Randy during the time his arm got broken??
I bet they tried to keep tanya alive so they could turn her. After the Maulers unleashed hell on the arena, they have to be low on numbers.

(also, is that THE Don Lafontiane's voice?)

j0be
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I am too jacked up to post any theories, but this looks to be epic.

I'm just trying to separate these in my mind. When did Riley go into the hospital before? I remember the Arena. I remember them getting close to the Hospital with skittles, but I don't remember her going inside. I might just be me spacing out though. (very long weekend)

shric debar
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
ARMY arrrgh!!!! i sense an epic battle coming up.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
boy....this place is about to get real full of win....epic

Laura
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Fan-freaking-tastic... now there's a huge army of zombies heading to the hospital. :/

I LOVED the exchange between Tanya and Michael! It sounded like he was a little kid in trouble. I think he provoked her reaction because he wants to be bossed around again. Probably his PTSD. He needs someone else to give orders. If something big happens to the tower (which I'm sure it will), will Michael be able to provide the leadership needed?

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
When did Riley go into the hospital before?
I don't remember it either. Am assuming it was one of the unheard Recon/Supplies missions they've been going on.

Really awesome start. Also, as everyone is saying "OMG Radi/Randy?! what the crazy awesome?!"

After the setup heavy last episode this was a bloody exciting start. Things are going to get crazy.

I really liked burt's complete inability to tell the story. Twas hilarious. Also, "oh... wait... we talked about this on the way there!" Silly burt. Loved the ep. Can't wait till (hopefully) next Monday!

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM
If something big happens to the tower (which I'm sure it will), will Michael be able to provide the leadership needed?

I think he will, but in a way that doesn't quite step up to the mark. Mistakes will be made. Glorious glorious mistakes.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Tanya was grabbed. My thought is it wasn't just because she was there. Perhaps Randy smelled Michael on her and that's why he took her alive! We know they have a crazy sense of smell, and randy is connected to Michael in some way. Just a thought. Zombie with a vendetta?

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM

I'm just trying to separate these in my mind. When did Riley go into the hospital before? I remember the Arena. I remember them getting close to the Hospital with skittles, but I don't remember her going inside. I might just be me spacing out though. (very long weekend)

I'm pretty sure she mentioned going to the hospital early on in the season (maybe chapter 15) looking for meds for Saul and Michael's arm but they didn't get very far in.

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Also, here's my first theory for the chapter: The hospital is the new Arena. That's why the zombies are congregating there and that's why they're bringing unturned people. The question is however, how do they choose their "nests." Maybe the hospital has some connection to the outbreak? Early tests could have been run there maybe? I dunno.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Also, here's my first theory for the chapter: The hospital is the new Arena. That's why the zombies are congregating there and that's why they're bringing unturned people. The question is however, how do they choose their "nests." Maybe the hospital has some connection to the outbreak? Early tests could have been run there maybe? I dunno. Perhaps the nests are set up where the smart ones live? I know skittles mentioned staying away from hospitals because that's where the smart ones are.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
fully possible.... also consider the building having the possiblity of being a catacomb llike structure..instead of being under ground its above

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM

It happened, but not described. Only in a passing reference to a supply run indicating that the hospital was too hot.

DLMiles
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
What do you guys think called them there and why the hospital for that matter?

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
What do you guys think called them there and why the hospital for that matter?

One of the smart ones that uses it as a base?

Kunja
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM
does anyone else get a "puppet master" vibe from all this?

ryanlm09
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I think the title says it all. It's where the mutated zombies are made: Devil's Workshop

UndeadSweeper
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Can someone recap me who Randy is? I'm also guess that zombies number may lower, in terms of arena incident, and need to keep food over turning.

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm going to have to go back and listen to the news report from chapter 2(?) again. But maybe good ol' Ink was being held in the psych ward at this hospital and that's why he's leading the hordes here? (assuming TOWTM and Ink are in fact one and the same).

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Can someone recap me who Randy is? I'm also guess that zombies number may lower, in terms of arena incident, and need to keep food over turning.

When michael was at the colony, he muttered Randy's name while unconscious. We've never seen nor heard of him before or since... until now.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
From the description at the end...id say all the mallers did was kick an ant hill....

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
From the description at the end...id say all the mallers did was kick an ant hill....

Perhaps the mallers disrupted production with the explosions to the point where the zombies needed to find a new base? It's a mass exodus, not because they coudn't deal with the mallers, but because they needed a new base of 'operations'?

DLMiles
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah seems that way! but somthing like this just dosnt happen out of the blue they must be getting even smarter, Should be good what ever the case.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks. And is Burt still working on that device from the airfield? A well place "boom" could level the hospital on top of the horde.

Rock Daddy
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Killer episode! I don't even know what else to say. So much to analyze!

Creem_Filling
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I really hope that Saul finds Lizzy this chapter. He may be a fool, but I like the romance.

And did anyone else find the zombie yell particularly creepy this time? Something about it just sounded very "impending doom"ish to me.

Kunja
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks. And is Burt still working on that device from the airfield? A well place "boom" could level the hospital on top of the horde.

don't think they have that much explosives!

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM

Oh that would be delicious! Especially if someone has to stay behind to detonate it!

Tanya was grabbed. My thought is it wasn't just because she was there. Perhaps Randy smelled Michael on her and that's why he took her alive! We know they have a crazy sense of smell, and randy is connected to Michael in some way. Just a thought. Zombie with a vendetta?

Also, if Randy did smell Michael on tanya, could he have been the one that grabbed Datu all that time ago too? Possibly smelled mike again?

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
On the "who's the rat?" front: Did anyone else notice that Michael sounded a little surprised when Kelly shot at the biters? Almost like he didn't expect her to have a gun? It sounded like she had a handgun. Like a silenced pistol minus the suppressor perhaps?. Dunno something to mull over. I'm still voting Riley for the rat, but I'm scrutinizing everything she and Kelly does from here on out.;)

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Oh that would be delicious! Especially if someone has to stay behind to detonate it!

Also, if Randy did smell Michael on tanya, could he have been the one that grabbed Datu all that time ago too? Possibly smelled mike again?

Thing to note: its been said atleast once if not more...michael does not like physical contact...at all..saul is the only one I can think of....(well of coarse pegs, but that's different)

UndeadSweeper
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
don't think they have that much explosives! They may not need it. With all chemicasl a hospital has and the probably a generator or two that could cause a big enough explosive.

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Thing to note: its been said atleast once if not more...michael does not like physical contact...at all..saul is the only one I can think of....(well of coarse pegs, but that's different)

True... hmmm. What about if he's sweated near them? would that be enough? I know it's the sweat the zombies love, so perhaps it's from a sweaty gun he's held that they now have.
No, i don't think either Tanya or Datu had a gun.. Gah! Brain hurts. Would still like it to be somehow linked. I think I'm just reaching though. Ah well. A nice thought at the time.

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
So first of all, Michael or Lizzy talks about Riley and a group of people trying to go to the hospital looking for medicine for Saul. this was back when Saul was still half dead. <br />
<br />
So behemoths work...

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm wondering who that is on the Chapter Artwork. He's carrying one of Riley's arrows but I can't tell if he's an infected person or a human.

I've constantly had that "puppet master" vibe throughout the chapters. I feel just as there are jumpers, small ones, and behemoths, that there are also group leaders. They almost seem to have a unique roar. I'm very interested to see if the one leading this group his a familiar zombie; whether it is Pin Stripes or a completely different one with markings.

Michael was very frustrating during his conversation with Tanya. I was very anxious to hear what she had to say. And now, i don't know how long it will be before they get back to that! Grrr!!!!

As far as Randy goes, I feel comfortable spelling it with a /Y/ since Michael described him as having a beard. Considering that Michael was only at the water pumping station for about a day, I am going to assume that he has known Randy previous to the zombie oubreak, otherwise I can not picture Michael growing an emotional attachment to someone he only knew for a day. Unless Randy sacrificed himself to enure Michael's survival.

lol, when Steven and Michael were fighting off that small group of zombies I thought Steven was going to get killed. When they were walking out of the parking garage, I almost expected Michael to say, "Hey red-shirt guy."

Kunja
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'm wondering who that is on the Chapter Artwork. He's carrying one of Riley's arrows but I can't tell if he's an infected person or a human.

he's the one in the pin striped suit... isn't he?

UndeadSweeper
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Forgot about this, how close is the hospital to the tower? The tower will need to "evict" thier new neighbors.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:24 AM
he's the one in the pin striped suit... isn't he?

I think so, atleast that's the answer I'm leaning towards. But I have to consider the possibility that it could be a new character; a twisted doctor who enjoys expierementing on people and zombies. That would be rowdy if Riley shoots Pin Stripes with an arrow and he just slowly pulls it out of himself. I'm calling it!

On the "who's the rat?" front: Did anyone else notice that Michael sounded a little surprised when Kelly shot at the biters? Almost like he didn't expect her to have a gun? It sounded like she had a handgun. Like a silenced pistol minus the suppressor perhaps?. Dunno something to mull over. I'm still voting Riley for the rat, but I'm scrutinizing everything she and Kelly does from here on out.;)

I noticed this too and forgot to mention it. It may have just been Michael's suprise to find someone else shooting besides himself and Steven. His reaction of, "Kelly?!" could have been an audio drama device to let the audience know who else joined the frackas. But still, it got my gears turning too. I wonder if Michael knows Kelly is the one but doesn't really care since he now has a lot of faith in her as a tower member. Remember how keen Michael was to say, "It seems like whoever it was is loyal to us now." That just screams of Kelly.

clparson
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Who the *bleep* is Randy?! Didn't Michael say that name in his sleep in an earlier episode? And is it just me or does Riley sounds drunk in every episode now?

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Who the *bleep* is Randy?! Didn't Michael say that name in his sleep in an earlier episode? And is it just me or does Riley sounds drunk in every episode now?

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1065-Randy-Randi
here's a thread dedicated to finding out who randy is.

Also yes Riley is an alcoholic and she thinks AA is for quitters

Bulldog711
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
For those predicting Burt's death, well it looks like that may happen soon.

I dont think so......Burt is recapping from the future no? This isnt in real time, its people recapping the events of the past.......

Magrat
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Ra1th;21531]For those predicting Burt's death, well it looks like that may happen soon.[QUOTE]

I dont think so......Burt is recapping from the future no? This isnt in real time, its people recapping the events of the past.......

if he does recap up to when they get the copter, then someone else takes over, he could still die. not that i want him too. that would suck. but going out with a bang and saving a bunch of them would suit the character a lot.

clparson
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
This episode was awesome. Finally, some more zombie action. I think that Saul is as good as dead out there. I think he is going to find Lizzie sometime soon, but she will not be alive. And then Saul will either kill himself or get himself killed. Or maybe Lizzie becomes one of the "zombies" and kills him. Muahahaha!

Bulldog711
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
This isnt the first time an episode was told from a character in the future and I am sure it wont be the last.......Burt has to survive to be recalling all these events in the future........................

The chapter art looks awfully like the "One in the Suit"........This hospital could be one of the Zombie Leader's Laire.....Keep in mind the "smart ones" might be quite smart and resourceful because we all know these zombies are not all mindless decaying flesh looking for delicious brains........

Bulldog711
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Bulldog711;21539][QUOTE=Ra1th;21531]For those predicting Burt's death, well it looks like that may happen soon.

if he does recap up to when they get the copter, then someone else takes over, he could still die. not that i want him too. that would suck. but going out with a bang and saving a bunch of them would suit the character a lot.

Well the question is; WHEN is he doing this interview? When is "the present"?

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
To quote Riley, &quot;Does it matter really?&quot; <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I believe when Burt is initially talking about the previous events was probably after the hospital was being flooded with the &quot;infected&quot; creatures. <br />

Ryzilient
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Hoo boy, that was some episode for plot development. Too tired to give full theories on what happened, so I'll stick with artwork theories.

Artwork: I'm not sure how much of a bearing the artwork has on the content of the chapter, but three distinct thing stand out to me. One, the artwork is set in a hospital, which is the current setting of the chapter. Two, the figure in the artwork appears to be wearing a suit similar to the one 'Paul' wore. Three, he's holding an arrow, and Riley is referenced as having a full quiver of arrows. Perhaps we see the reintroduction 'Paul' and a death?

Zombiehead
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Is it just me or did anyone hear a blooper from 5:31 to 5:51?

beesting
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
For those predicting Burt's death, well it looks like that may happen soon. I can't see the others dying just yet. Kalani needs to fly the chopper, There are still is she/isn't she issues with Riley's sexuality, and Angel's darker past hasn't come to light yet, that and he's still 2nd in command of the tower, and since there seems to be 3 or 4 missions going on all at once, he's not someone to lose just yet. Burt on the other hand... he's an old man filled with regret. He may not die till after saul and lizzy are united, but the path he's been going down makes things uncertain. Considering he's a fan favorite, his death could be effective as a tragedy.

I have to second what the others said about Burt dying, he has to be alive long enough to be able to relay all this information. Sounds like it's in a journal, so my guess would be sometime after whatever is going down at the hospital is over. I mean you don't sit down when there are zombies all over actively attacking you to write about your day. Well maybe some people do, but Burt wouldn't. Also I don't think that Riley's undefined sexuality is reason enough to keep her alive, I mean if that were the case we don't really know Bill's sexual preferences do we and he's dead.

I know that you're Angel fanboy extreme, but having leadership training and having the ability/personality/respect to be able to lead are 2 completely separate things. I don't see a lot of people at the tower taking commands from Angel even if he develops the chutzpa to take over that post.

On another note, I can't help feeling bad for Saul, I mean really? The woman he loves or is romantically involved with is out in the zombie filled world who knows where and he has no contact with her. He finally sees his Mom again after 4 years and now she's unconscious possibly infected. Poor guy can't catch a break.

I'm hoping Michael takes a look at all the journals like Tanya was talking about and finds out whatever she was about to say before he got all haughty on her.

I'm thinking that Randy is someone from Michael's past, we know he doesn't have family, but could be someone he served with.

Fishie
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I laughed so much when they were teasing Kalani about his weight. "It was me, Fatty!" - Riley :D

Did anyone else notice that when Riley said her arrows were quiet, Kalani mentioned that he had a gun with a silencer? Could this mean that he is the one who shot Pippin?

Tanya was about to say something really important about the journals and Michael cut her off. When that happened, I was sure that something was going to happen to her, and I was right.

The zombie call was different to the usual one. The mallers seem to be able to tell the calls apart and know what they mean, I wish we could hear more about it from them. This new call reminded me of the orcs at the Battle of Helm's Deep in the Lord of the Rings. Definitely more of an army feel to it.

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:37 AM

Hey man, Just a quick GeeWiz, before I have to go again. Kelley left the colony with a "glock". She says, "I will take the glock", but she did not appear to know what the m16 was called when she checked it with gatekeeper.

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM

7odd is right. Michael Hugs Saul when he comes back with the zombie-chick magnet motorcycle. Saul then says, whoa, I thought you were a handshake man (or something) Michael says people change. But, I think hugs would be a special occasion for michael

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
They may not need it. With all chemicasl a hospital has and the probably a generator or two that could cause a big enough explosive.
He probably has a bunch. He was going to blow some holes in the Mallers wall. I do not think he has enough to drop the building, but he can set some bad all traps.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Is it just me or did anyone hear a blooper from 5:31 to 5:51?

The chair creaking and the slight stutter from Riley? I don't know if that is a blooper or not. SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM

I agree with bulldog, if Burt died, he would not know what burt wrote, unless Burt took a hell of a lot of notes while on the Mish.

StepLaugh
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
You don't wanna go to the hospital, cause there are alot of Smart Ones there. The smarter you are in life, the smarter you are in death.

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I laughed so much when they were teasing Kalani about his weight. "It was me, Fatty!" - Riley :D

Did anyone else notice that when Riley said her arrows were quiet, Kalani mentioned that he had a gun with a silencer? Could this mean that he is the one who shot Pippin?

Tanya was about to say something really important about the journals and Michael cut her off. When that happened, I was sure that something was going to happen to her, and I was right.

The zombie call was different to the usual one. The mallers seem to be able to tell the calls apart and know what they mean, I wish we could hear more about it from them. This new call reminded me of the orcs at the Battle of Helm's Deep in the Lord of the Rings. Definitely more of an army feel to it.

ANGEL [I miswrote Michael at the time of the original post, my bad. Thanks to Fishie for finding it] says he has a silenced MP5. I do not recall Kalani mentioning anything. That silenced MP5 was last "seen" in The Catalyst.

Zombiehead
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
The chair creaking and the slight stutter from Riley? I don't know if that is a blooper or not. SOMEONE HELP!!!!It's not a stutter.

Burt says "Well tha means you and I are waiting outside."
Riley says "Don't rule me out either, I have a full quiver of arrows if you want to be quiet in there."
Angel says "I have the silenced M---

It jumps and then they start over.

Fishie
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Michael says he has a silenced MP5. I do not recall Kalani mentioning anything. That silenced MP5 was last "seen" in The Catalyst.

It couldn't have been Michael, because that exchange took place in the car on the way to the hospital, as they were deciding who would go inside and who would stay outside. They had already mentioned talking to Michael on the radio, it was just Riley, Burt, Kalani and Angel. At 5:37:

Riley: "Don't rule me out either. I have a full quiver of arrows if you want to be quiet in there"
Kalani: "I have the silenced MP5 from the colony, so we won't need your bow, alright"
Riley: "You never know, and my bow makes no sound. That still makes some."

It is possible that I am getting Kalani and Angel's voices mixed up, but I am pretty sure it is Kalani who said that. Also, I don't think Angel would be that rude to Riley.

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
for the people saying that Burt can't die in the hospital because of he's the one telling the story. It all depends on WHEN, Burt is telling the story. the episode starts off with Angel, Kalani, Burt and Riley running in the hospital and them reaching a dead end. And then it cuts to Burt telling the story from the start. It could be that burt is going through the information in his head as they are still in the hospital. I don't want Burt to die or anything, but it's a possibility.

Rock Daddy
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Everything's a possibility! What show are you guys listening to?! ;) Too many loose ends to make any new prdictions, but one thing I feel strongly about, is that Saul's not going to have any more "Get Out of Jail Free Cards". Meaning: It's either him, Lizzy, or his Mother about to meet certain doom. No one else in this story is lucky enough to have both immediate family AND a romantic love interest. Saul has enough to lose and still a little bit left over to be happy for (But now he may lose BOTH!) . I think Tanya will turn slowly from her scratches... and Saul's going to be kicking himself later on. His lucky streak can't last forever, unfortunately.

Bulldog711
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Ra1th......I thought the beginning was Lizzy, Tar, and Bricks.......no?

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
My bad, it is Angel. I knew it was Angel, I do not know why I wrote Michael. Yea, I am pretty sure Mich (wink)-- I mean ANgel said it. We still do not know the location of the silenced berreta. I will listen to it again this evening, or someone else could confirm it.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
It's not a stutter.

Burt says "Well tha means you and I are waiting outside."
Riley says "Don't rule me out either, I have a full quiver of arrows if you want to be quiet in there."
Angel says "I have the silenced M---

It jumps and then they start over.

It may be a specific glitch on your version. My plays clean through the conversation. Angel says "I have a silenced MP5 from the colony."

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
It may be a specific glitch on your version. My plays clean through the conversation. Angel says "I have a silenced MP5 from the colony."

Yeah, I never had that problem either. There was a small stutter on Riley's end but that was it.

Rock Daddy
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
My download did the stutter/repeat thing right around there. I thought I accidentally hit the rewind button.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Relistening, did anyone notice that right after Michael takes his shots at Randy and Steven catches up with him, he says, "A few of them were burned! Did you see that?"

I think this could be a subtle clue as to where they zombies came from. Possibly they were burned from however Michael escaped the Water Pumping Station? Maybe?

Rock Daddy
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Relistening, did anyone notice that right after Michael takes his shots at Randy and Steven catches up with him, he says, "A few of them were burned! Did you see that?"

I think this could be a subtle clue as to where they zombies came from. Possibly they were burned from however Michael escaped the Water Pumping Station? Maybe?

Maybe, but I thought it was more about how the zombies escaped the burning arena, and they are now on the loose. (Michael doesn't know that the Arena's been burned down.)

GD_Elite
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Great episode, I don't know if it's just me getting my fix after having no WA for two weeks, but did this episode seem a load more exciting than the entire last chapter. OK my views:
Definately Angel who has the MP5. However, I'm pretty certain Pippin was killed with the pistol for two reasons: 1. Sounds different to when michael used it 2. It's missing from Burts/Sauls bag - can't be a coincidence.
I agree with Ra1th about the Burt from the future, because the episode starts with them locking themselves in a room. It is possible that he could have written it in this time, starting with what just happened, and then remembering to recap on what happened since he last wrote.
Another point is that the 'army' are carrying dead and/or alive bodies with them: Bricks/Tardust/Lizzy/Saul perhaps?
Randy. I reckon Michael met him in water pumping station, but I am curious to know if Michael knew him before this all started, or could it be a Datu/Samantha situation. lol
Also interested to see if Tanya had actually found a discrepancy with the journals, like is mentioned in the voodoo lounge.
Zombies surrounding the tower. Could this be a way to stop them sending reinforcements to help the 4 who have gone in? At first I was thinking it might all be one trap to catch some of the survivors, but 3 skinny and one flabby human won't feed all them. It got me thinking about the long term plans for the zombies. I mean since they are definately organised, what are they gonna do when all the food runs out? Start farming for vegetables?
Also with the mass rallying of zombies, are Victor, pegs and datu gonna be okay. Victor may be good, but hes not good enough to take on a few hundred. I would have to lol if pegs saved there lives by flying them out of there.

Wow now thats out of my system, just gotta wait another week til the next one.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Yeah, I listened to it a couple of times and I just think Riley might have stuttered or stumble with her lines, whether it was for effect or unintentional. Listen to it again Zombiehead, I think it was just a stutter or unintentional blooper.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe, but I thought it was more about how the zombies escaped the burning arena, and they are now on the loose. (Michael doesn't know that the Arena's been burned down.)

Good point! I totally forgot that the arena blew up, crazy, I know. Yeah, they were probably burned from the arena and were fleeing the area.

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Why are the zombies at the hospital? are they using it as a base? Are these stragglers from the maller attack on the arena? are they being lead by someone? Can a smart one lead? Why are the big ones working with the regulars now?

Kc
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Tanya had actually found a discrepancy with the journals, like is mentioned in the voodoo lounge.
Just curious... what was the discrepancy mentioned?

StepLaugh
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Just curious... what was the discrepancy mentioned?

Someone's story doesn't match...that's what I'm guessing.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think the mob of zombies that showed up at the hospital are the one's fleeing the arena. A lot of them were carrying bodies of the dead and the living. I do believe that the behemoths are working with the other ones because there might be one that has the ability to control the horde. I do believe there is a leader of the group. This zombie roar we heard in the episode sounds very similar to the one you hear at the end of the war. I actually think it is the one with markings from the arena (not Ink). Chapter 21-2 is a good example of the two roars; when they are getting the trucks in place you hear the distress call of a regular zombie, tardust begins to panick and his dialogue is cut short by the ordering call of the leader zombie. It's pretty awesome!

GD_Elite
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
From Chapter 23 predictions from Mr. NikVoodoo

Tanya Discovers A Discrepancy in the Journals
This is a prediction from 7oddisdead.

And it is an interesting one, 7odd. Though it hasn't been explicitly stated, I've been under the impression that the journals were submitted frequently so information could be culled and compared. And if that's the case, whomever the rat is (since that's the implication of this prediction) would have probably played along in their journal. After all, the very first entry Michael, Angel and Saul took every journal to read through it. That should be a good indicator that their thoughts aren't private.

We know Pippin's murder wouldn't have been written about because Tanya was working on scanning the journals before he was shot. So the only two activities the rat would have to write about and cover would be the theft (maybe. Bill could still be the thief, I just don't think so), and their activities at the party. Of course, two major things happened around both of those events that would make it justifiable to not write about their whereabouts: "It's Paul's" assault on the Tower, and the party/The War. We are getting so close to the end of the season and so many things are possible. I really do like this idea, but I don't know that it will come to pass......man I really like this idea......But I will say it doesn't happen by a narrow margin of 47%.

Paola
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Noo!! Why did the episode have to end?? I'd forgotten all about Randy until now and now I really want to know who he is. The burned zombies had to have come from the arena. And is it possible that Lizzie might be one of the people being brought to the hospital? (alive of course) because if she survived the explosion there is no way she would have been able to get away from the zombies coming out of the arena in time. I hope she is...she's been out of the story for too long.

smalls kenobi
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Also yes Riley is an Alcoholic and she thinks AA is for quitters

Riley isn't an Alcoholic, she's a Drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings. :P

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
So these are my....Sights.
Angel is the traitor. i see it now and im sorry ra1th but...he had the silenced pistol. that did it for me.
burt is getting old. his memory is extremly F!@Ked up.
Randy is someone michael knew from before. or from the pumping station.
i think the hospital is the place these "experiments" may be happening and its the new house for the biters.
im REALLY starting to like steven. he shows he supports the tower and sorta represents the nameless survivors, hes the voice of them.

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
So these are my....Sights.
Angel is the traitor. i see it now and im sorry ra1th but...he had the silenced pistol. that did it for me.
burt is getting old. his memory is extremly F!@Ked up.
Randy is someone michael knew from before. or from the pumping station.
i think the hospital is the place these "experiments" may be happening and its the new house for the biters.
im REALLY starting to like steven. he shows he supports the tower and sorta represents the nameless survivors, hes the voice of them.

As much as I enjoy jumping on Angel, I gotta disagree with ya. He had the silenced mp5 from the Colony, not the silenced pistol. Now there has been some speculation that the mp5 could have been used to kill Pippin, but the pistol is still missing. Also we heard the reaction to Pippin's death from Angel and Michael's perspective. This also isn't a clincher for Angel's innocence since the story is being told from the journals and there could be discrepancies in the journals. We saw that with Burt's difficulties in remembering details in this episode. But both these facts seem to be enough to clear Angel from suspicion of being the rat. Plus Michael was with him to collaborate his story.

As for Steven, yeah I'm starting to see him in a better light myself. When he got Lizzie kicked out he may have just been worried about a clique forming and being on the outside. If the members of the "special group" get special treatment and can get away with breaking the rules I'm starting to see how that might freak out some of the nameless/voiceless Tower residents like Steven. He was still acting like a dick, but I think I'm starting to understand why.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:47 PM
As much as I enjoy jumping on Angel, I gotta disagree with ya. He had the silenced mp5 from the Colony, not the silenced pistol. Now there has been some speculation that the mp5 could have been used to kill Pippin, but the pistol is still missing. Also we heard the reaction to Pippin's death from Angel and Michael's perspective. This also isn't a clincher for Angel's innocence since the story is being told from the journals and there could be discrepancies in the journals. We saw that with Burt's difficulties in remembering details in this episode. But both these facts seem to be enough to clear Angel from suspicion of being the rat.

As for Steven, yeah I'm starting to see him in a better light myself. When he got Lizzie kicked out he may have just been worried about a clique forming and being on the outside. If the members of the "special group" get special treatment and can get away with breaking the rules I'm starting to see how that might freak out some of the nameless/voiceless Tower residents like Steven. He was still acting like a dick, but I think I'm starting to understand why.

i have to admit, i was wrong about the pistol. its not a pistol. BUT it could still be him, im sure pippin would have been PLENTY suprised to see him come back AND he hates pippin

beesting
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
for the people saying that Burt can't die in the hospital because of he's the one telling the story. It all depends on WHEN, Burt is telling the story. the episode starts off with Angel, Kalani, Burt and Riley running in the hospital and them reaching a dead end. And then it cuts to Burt telling the story from the start. It could be that burt is going through the information in his head as they are still in the hospital. I don't want Burt to die or anything, but it's a possibility.

I'm not saying he can't die, I'm just saying if you think about it objectively, why would you start writing while you were trapped in a room waiting for Zombies to eat you. If it were me, and I think Burt would be more like this, I'd be trying to find every possible exit from the room. I definitely wouldn't take time to write down what happened until I was in a secure place not somewhere with zombies trying to break down my door.

Ra1th
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm not saying he can't die, I'm just saying if you think about it objectively, why would you start writing while you were trapped in a room waiting for Zombies to eat you. If it were me, and I think Burt would be more like this, I'd be trying to find every possible exit from the room. I definitely wouldn't take time to write down what happened until I was in a secure place not somewhere with zombies trying to break down my door.

Doesn't have to be a journal, could just be him recapping events for the hell of it

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Plus Burt doesn't exactly seem like he's very diligent with his journal upkeep. He keeps talking about how pointless they are. I doubt he's going to take time in a life and death situation to update his "pointless" journal.

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:16 PM
A while ago, I wrote that there may be multiple groups of zombies led by a smart one. We have a group of zombies at the tower. Tanya and some KIA zombies were being taken away and some of them burned. Almost certainly from the arena. An obvious route from the Arena to Ground Zero is the 110 and that runs pretty close to the Tower.

The zombies around the hospital is another group. We do not have hard time stamps, but I do not think they can pow wow around the tower assault it and then get to he hospital bringing dead and captives with them. I am not the only one who thinks some speaking-part characters are in that population.

The interesting twist this time is that they are at worse setting siege to the two positions, or holding back to form a better assault composition.

Fishie
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
My bad, I really thought it was Kalani who had the gun, I sometimes find it hard to tell the voices apart. Also not great on gun types, so I hadn't clicked that it wasn't the same as the missing gun.

DeadAlive
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I reckon Randy was a guy who was working in the water works and helped Micheal escape and died in the process and Micheal tried to save him and broke his arm

uuhhhuuu
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM
like the whole Samantha story? Micheal will get a flash back about how he got saved and how he got close with a new friend but in the end couldn't save him?! Well that's my guess too.

Pikepaw
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I really enjoyed Burt's narration at the beginning of this one, very humorous at points yet we got all the information we need. If Victor is the shooter (I doubt it), it seems sketchy that he is left alone with Pegs and Datu. If he is up to no good, then bad things are going to happen there...but I trust him. I also like how the beginning was different, having the four in the hospital fighting and for a moment I thought I had skipped an episode before Burt started back tracking. "We picked up Angel and Riley" "hello" and moving on...hahahaha :) I liked it

We finally encounter Randy and I was not expecting him to be a zombie. I think maybe Randy was some friend of Micheal's before the outbreak, maybe one of the few he had (Micheal seems very much a loner to me), a civilian not an army buddy is what my gut is telling me. My other theory is that Micheal and Randy met up at the water treatment plant, where either Micheal saw him get turned, left him to that fate or Randy was already turned. Clearly we have not seen the last of Randy, Micheal will keep his eyes peeled. I'm guessing Randy is a smart one, seems logical as he was the one dragging Tanya. Also I don't believe Tanya is infected, but I do think the precautions the Tower took are necessary. As a little joke I like to imagine a zombie jump kicking her in the face to knock her out or at least a good roundhouse.

Once I caught on that there haven't been many zombies active in a while, I knew they were organizing into an army. Now it's an army without a home and pissed. Steven even noticed that several of them had burns. I don't think godkingzombie pimp led his forces to the hospital because he knew about the LAX team there, but it just looked like a sweet new home. Maybe he wants to get high off of some morphine. Now we got Burt, Riley, Angel and Kalani under siege, and from the beginning of the episode, it won't remain a siege for long. They will at least have to try to take the helicopter to safety.

The reason I believe we haven't heard from Lizzie and the Mallers for the past five episodes is that the next time we see them will be from Saul's perspective. Other than that Saul is headed to the arena, I can't make a guess about what will happen to him and his girl. Other than a Maller distraction or using the helicopter, I don't know how Burt and co will escape the hospital, but KC has pulled the unexpected on us many times

uuhhhuuu
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM
after your long story i caught 2 very good point!!
1.the zombies are looking for a new home and might settle at the hospital with Burt and group still there trapped.
2.if the zombie army is looking for a new home that means the Mallers plan didn't go as planed.

cupcakezombie
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Sorry, if anyone has posted this already. I will read the rest of the thread later tonight. :)
Great episode!
One thing that I thought of listening is that we might see Pegs first flight without Kalani around. It seems as if the Tower is being watched, they might have been followed to the Hospital (either the group from LAX or the scouts), so it seems likely that some zombies may also turn up at LAX. If that is the case and Datu has got the hydrolics fixed, we might see Pegs have to fly the helicopter to save Victor, Datu and herself.
I will post other thoughts later.

Osiris
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fuck. Come on! What the hell was that shit KC?! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Grognaurd
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fuck. Come on! What the hell was that shit KC?! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hey diddle diddle straight up the middle?

Th3_T3ch
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Logical thought process time! The zombie/them attack on tanya and the hospital happened in relatively close time period. The Army of zombies was to capture the hospital AND to kill off four of the baddest zombie-killers around. The attack on the tower/tanya is ONLY to stop anybody from the tower going to save the team at the hospital. Saul and Lizzy are irrelevant right now.
Here is why I think this is happening, Tanya said that the colony was attacked last week, we know that the zombies go against nature and attack the threats, they are working together now, finally Kalani and Angel killed THREE behemoths Burt is the best shot around and Riley knows how to use completely silenced weapons.
I still don't like Steven though. If the Rat isn't Kalani I want it to be Steven. And to anybody who is skeptical about Kelly having a gun, remember she is outside the tower in an unsafe area, I wouldn't want anybody there NOT to have a gun.

Pikepaw
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Logical thought process time! The zombie/them attack on tanya and the hospital happened in relatively close time period. The Army of zombies was to capture the hospital AND to kill off four of the baddest zombie-killers around. The attack on the tower/tanya is ONLY to stop anybody from the tower going to save the team at the hospital. Saul and Lizzy are irrelevant right now.
Here is why I think this is happening, Tanya said that the colony was attacked last week, we know that the zombies go against nature and attack the threats, they are working together now, finally Kalani and Angel killed THREE behemoths Burt is the best shot around and Riley knows how to use completely silenced weapons.
I still don't like Steven though. If the Rat isn't Kalani I want it to be Steven. And to anybody who is skeptical about Kelly having a gun, remember she is outside the tower in an unsafe area, I wouldn't want anybody there NOT to have a gun.

Angel and Kalani only killed TWO Behemoths, they just blew past the third one in their truck. Kalani mentions that they will, "drop a house on him some other time". Bullets through the soft pallet are the mouth are the only thing that kill Behemoths. If one can survive a fast food joint dropped on its head, then another one can survive being hit by a truck or run over.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM
So...first I'll say this was an amazing episode! And a few thoughts
it really does look as if pegs is going to get her first solo flight of the pelican...and a rescue mission at that

Burt seems to be a bit non shilant(sp?) about his narration..i could see people thinking its post-mortem..but I highly doubt it..that would not be keeping with what we know so far...how the stories been told

Randy sounds like a real "macho man" ..with his long brown hair and beard...

Any thoughts I have from here on will be in the "crackpot theories" thread...cause shits getting deep..

And lastly...... Tanya at least mentioned something about the journals its to early to say its a discrepancy...but its something, and something big. Why else would she comment that not everybody is going with them?...im considering this a win (at least in my head)again...great chapter!...cant wait for more....

COsurvivor
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
So I have not read... 11 pages of comments here. FORGIVE ME as I may retread some thoughts and arguments.

1 - Where are these new terms coming from? Biters? Took me a few seconds to get that, guess we are moving from ZOMBIES.

2 - Why are people moving so freely when outside the Tower and without a guard or anything??? Tanya going for a simple "Sunday Stroll"?

3 - Riley, I mean really she is now hooked on the "sauce"? Leads to impaired judgment and faculties. Trust will be issue as will her aim... not happy about where i think this is going.

4 - Angel, wah wah I WANT TO LEAD! We are going there now?

5 - Kalani, obnoxious again and seems to have it oozing... I FOUGHT THEM BEFORE AND PLANNED SOMETHING or ruther! Planned failed, moving on...

6 - Artwork... Ink holding an arrow. Riley is either up Sh#! Creek or else she finds Lizzie in their clutches and cannot shoot Lizzie who has since been changed!!!

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
really, kids? Really? 11 pages and not one person has brought up the bodies being dragged around near the hospital? Tsk tsk tsk. For shame. How many warm bodies (ignore the zombie heat status argument) do we know roaming around the L.A. area right now? Well...I know of a whole group of people who just attacked the zombie home base....and we haven't heard from them in 4 or 5 chapter parts....hmm....

In regards to my prediction Re: Tanya and discrepancies in the journals: That still isn't confirmed. To me, she seemed to imply there is some connection Michael the Mighty (I'm just calling it like she would see it) didn't make. I don't think it was a discrepancy, I think she just pieced something together everyone else seemed to miss. She's a smart cookie. And 7odd, you can take a moral victory right now, but not an actual one in my opinion.

Steven says the zombies are extra security, I say the zombies outside the Tower are there to keep the Tower in check and make it harder for them to go anywhere. They aren't really attacking the two smaller depleted groups...why not???!!! Weak opponent! DO IT! Oh but no...they hang around outside.

Per the question where did the term biter come from: Thats been around for a while. They just don't use the phrase that often.

So this is now the second time we've seen Skittles get his facts wrong. Behemoths were seen in the arena with normal zombies, and now outside with the Army. What else does Skittles think he knows but isn't true?

I would be very very very concerned with the line that said the zombies were coming out of the surrounding buildings....I'd be very concerned with, and I feel like it's time to resurrect my thread about the "Alarming Level of Intelligence" the zombies seem to display.

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
really, kids? Really? 11 pages and not one person has brought up the bodies being dragged around near the hospital? Tsk tsk tsk. For shame. How many warm bodies (ignore the zombie heat status argument) do we know roaming around the L.A. area right now? Well...I know of a whole group of people who just attacked the zombie home base....and we haven't heard from them in 4 or 5 chapter parts....hmm....

Oh, sudden thought: There was also a truckload of Maller slaves left for dead. Methinks some of them might be among those being dragged to the hospital.

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Oh, sudden thought: There was also a truckload of Maller slaves left for dead. Methinks some of them might be among those being dragged to the hospital.

Ah....so glad someone is pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saul is among that group being dragged around. Good job running off, dude! :p

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:06 PM
All good points. The other question we could ask is how far out is this zombie army coming from? Yes maller slaves could be good option,but how many could be from areas farther away?....if you had to separate colonies you needed to attack. Would you not call in reinforcements?

And Nik....soon as I heard the word "journals"....it was a moral victory :) but I agree...we will wait and see what comes of it

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Ah....so glad someone is pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saul is among that group being dragged around. Good job running off, dude! :p

would Saul have been gone long enough to get "wrangled up" by the zoms? I'd believe based on the few burned ones at the tower the chances are better of bricks tar or Lizzie being in that group...

HardKor
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
would Saul have been gone long enough to get "wrangled up" by the zoms? I'd believe based on the few burned ones at the tower the chances are better of bricks tar or Lizzie being in that group...
Tanya seems to have gotten nabbed right after she stepped outside. Saul's been gone for a couple of hours at least, if I recall Burt's narration correctly

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:17 PM

He's been gone long enough (at least 6 hours). Burt said he was gone for 4 hours I believe, and it takes 1 hour to travel from LAX to the Tower, plus whatever amount of time to get to the hospital and have the happenings of the episode take place. Sounds like a long enough time to get snatched up to me. Still doesn't mean he's in the group....I'm just saying he could be.

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Tanya seems to have gotten nabbed right after she stepped outside. Saul's been gone for a couple of hours at least, if I recall Burt's narration correctly

right, I'm just building a scenario in my head where Saul gets to the arena...and theirs nobody there...wild goose chase...just a thiught

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM

In regards to my prediction Re: Tanya and discrepancies in the journals: That still isn't confirmed. To me, she seemed to imply there is some connection Michael the Mighty (I'm just calling it like she would see it) didn't make. I don't think it was a discrepancy, I think she just pieced something together everyone else seemed to miss. She's a smart cookie. And 7odd, you can take a moral victory right now, but not an actual one in my opinion.

Steven says the zombies are extra security, I say the zombies outside the Tower are there to keep the Tower in check and make it harder for them to go anywhere. They aren't really attacking the two smaller depleted groups...why not???!!! Weak opponent! DO IT! Oh but no...they hang around outside.

Per the question where did the term biter come from: Thats been around for a while. They just don't use the phrase that often.

So this is now the second time we've seen Skittles get his facts wrong. Behemoths were seen in the arena with normal zombies, and now outside with the Army. What else does Skittles think he knows but isn't true?

I would be very very very concerned with the line that said the zombies were coming out of the surrounding buildings....I'd be very concerned with, and I feel like it's time to resurrect my thread about the "Alarming Level of Intelligence" the zombies seem to display.

Perhaps you should take a closer look at page 9...

Another point is that the 'army' are carrying dead and/or alive bodies with them: Bricks/Tardust/Lizzy/Saul perhaps?

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Perhaps you should take a closer look at page 9...

You'll excuse me for missing that in a wall of text at 2am :p

So now I change my statement: For shame on no one but GD_elite for bringing up the bodies around the hospital and for shame no one else picked it up and commented on it

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:36 PM
You'll excuse me for missing that in a wall of text at 2am :p

So now I change my statement: For shame on no one but GD_elite for bringing up the bodies around the hospital and for shame no one else picked it up and commented on it

What else was there to say aside from acknowledging the possibility of the arena crew being amongst the live bodies? Doesn't seem like you put any new theories about them plus someone has mentioned that the hospital could act like the arena and be the homebase for turning survivors into "monsters/abominations".

Also 2 AM isn't an excuse on these forums. You make a mistake and people (like myself who resent your high and mightyness...pssh kids) will jump on you.

Besides since GD_elite mentioned it, why would we make redundant posts on repeating the same information without new theories or ideas?

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not even going to bother starting an argument about this so I'm going to leave it at this: Apologies for insulting you with my tongue in cheek phrase and referring to the forum as "kids."

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM
i'm not even going to bother starting an argument about this so i'm going to leave it at this: Apologies for insulting you with my tongue in cheek phrase and referring to the forum as "kids."

yay!

nikvoodoo
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM

my apologies that I accidentally took credit for your point. So why do they take the bodies with them? Well, we've already seen them keep stores of food (which are in theory now a smoldering pile of char right now), but could also be possible that the zombies have taken hostages for a more specific purpose? We saw that they kept zombies close by in buildings near the Tower, is it possible that they would know who is important to each group around the city? Assuming the zombies overwhelmed the Mallers and took them alive and dragged them back across the city to the hospital and the Tower area, could it be for the specific reason to create a rise out of the survivors they might encounter?

Maybe, maybe not. Just a thought.

yay!

could I use phrases like "Human beings of a younger age?" or "Those between that of infancy and young adulthood?" Maybe take some of the sting out of it?

Nah....those are too wordy. Screw it. I'mma go back to Children of the Corn from now on. That way I still get the effect, but the children of the corn can still rise up and murder me in horrific ways if they feel so inclined. ;)

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:08 AM
I think this is very observant of you, and my apologies I accidentally took credit for your point. So why do they take the bodies with them? Well, we've already seen them keep stores of food (which are in theory now a smoldering pile of char right now), but could also be possible that the zombies have taken hostages for a more specific purpose? We saw that they kept zombies close by in buildings near the Tower, is it possible that they would know who is important to each group around the city? Assuming the zombies overwhelmed the Mallers and took them alive and dragged them back across the city to the hospital and the Tower area, could it be for the specific reason to create a rise out of the survivors they might encounter?

Maybe, maybe not. Just a thought.

Hmm, now that's an interesting theory. I originally thought that they were merely keeping them alive to turn them into "zombies," but maybe they are intelligent enough to isolate who could be important and lure out the remaining survivors. Maybe under the orders of Inky?

Or perhaps they could be experimenting on them, creating new "abominations" a-la Warcraft III or maybe Paul has enough speech to interrogate them? Unlikely but an idea.

nikvoodoo
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hmm, now that's an interesting theory. I originally thought that they were merely keeping them alive to turn them into "zombies," but maybe they are intelligent enough to isolate who could be important and lure out the remaining survivors. Maybe under the orders of Inky?

Or perhaps they could be experimenting on them, creating new "abominations" a-la Warcraft III or maybe Paul has enough speech to interrogate them? Unlikely but an idea.

Can we just hope out loud that none of the zombies possess that much intelligence to interrogate? That would suck somethin' fierce...not in terms of a twist. I just mean for the characters. If the zombies keep that much of their higher brain function and aren't devolved to animals, I can't imagine how the tower (or any group for that matter) can survive.

Grognaurd
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:29 AM
Nik, I have a slightly different take on behemoths. When ferral, they will fight / eat biters. But, in service of a smart one, these instincts can be suppressed in the rudimentary zombie society.

ZacTMac
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:17 AM
This is my first time on the forums. Please forgive my mistakes.
Some of my thoughts...

The Hospital Team have been chased into a room with no exit, a Zombie growls, and I think the door is shut [00:58]. I can't decide if the team shut it or if the Zombie did, but I think this is the door shown in the artwork and will lead to the team meeting the Person in the artwork. I think this Person is someone with influence over the zombies and is probably the "Paul" suit/tattoo zombie. If it's not "Paul", then someone new who was involved with the original cause of the zombie crisis is going to be revealed. I don't think this identity will be revealed till Part 3 or Chapter 24.

I think what Tanya found in the journals is not evidence for the traitor but evidence for the theory of an outside force working around or above the zombies. I thought it strange for zombies to dig up dead bodies with no tools, but had believed they had until this chapter. I think something is making Tanya think someone other than the zombies dug up the bodies. This is one reason why I think the Person the Hospital Team meets could be a non-zombie and is part of some mastermind group, probably the group that started the zombie crisis to begin with.

The zombies are now carrying around live, non-zombie people. They could be for being eaten, but I think there is a bigger plan for them. These people will be used either to gather/produce food, or there will be forced reproduction for continual (but very slow) food production or for more zombies. I'm wondering if all the live people being captured are women, like Tanya. I re-listened to "Purgatory Part 3", and from where the audio of Samantha stops she may not have died. I could be wrong and have forgotten something Datu has said since then. But based on how well the zombies were guarding Tanya before leaving her behind, I think these live people are more important than being a meal.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Arkum
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:41 AM
What a great ep. Some thoughts/theories I have

I am thinking the same thing as ZacTMac here that we will soon meet up with a non-infected in the hospital, maybe a cliffhanger for the finale.

I think the zombies had a backup base of operations at the hospital in case something happened at the Arena. Now they are just making the journey to base #2 when Riley and Bert see them. I don't think they were trying to hunt them down. I also believe that Lizzie/Tardust?Bricks are among the live bodies being dragged with them.

My guess is that Saul is still free out there, tracking a group and they will lead him to the hospital. Or he's gonna go Rambo at the tower and help clear out there trouble first. Not sure which I am most confident in.

kdalton
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Who in the world is Randy? Is it the guy with Michael or the zombie hauling Tanya? If the latter, how did they know each other? I am confused?

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 21st, 2011, 06:50 AM
So why do they take the bodies with them? Well, we've already seen them keep stores of food (which are in theory now a smoldering pile of char right now), but could also be possible that the zombies have taken hostages for a more specific purpose? We saw that they kept zombies close by in buildings near the Tower, is it possible that they would know who is important to each group around the city? Assuming the zombies overwhelmed the Mallers and took them alive and dragged them back across the city to the hospital and the Tower area, could it be for the specific reason to create a rise out of the survivors they might encounter?

I was thinking on this too, but kept wondering back to the Samantha/Kalani/Datu scenario; there we got a first-hand glipse into what they are doing with survivors. They drag them back to thier hive, starve them for a few days, then tear them to shreds. Why? I was wondering if they were just doing it for fun, or to please the "one with markings" through some sort of ritualistic offering. Then again they could have been holding them as bait, hoping that a larger group would come to thier rescue.

On thinking back to these chapters I got to wondering about Ink and the one with markings. If they are two seperate leader type zombies, are they working together? Didn't Samantha say that thier Tower was over run by a zombie that infiltrated thier building then opened the way for other Zombies to get in? That sounds just like Pin Stripes M.O. So if Samantha wound up at the arena, and her building was infiltrated by Pin Stripes, then can we assume Pin Stripes is working with the main horde, the horde that appears to have relocated at the arena?

Anyway, getting back to the survivors being dragged around by the horde at the hospital. Taking the title of the Chapter into consideration, I am going to go out on a limb and say that one of the reasons they keep survivors is to experiment on turning them into new types of zombies. I can imagine seeing pin stripes (who I firmly believe is Ink) experimenting on the survivors to create his children--the small ones. Hopefully this just involves some biting or the mixing of infected blood with survivor blood and not something horribly morbid; like zombies raping survivors.

RYE
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:24 AM
If I were in the hospital right now getting to the roof and checking to see in the helicopter works would be priority one. They have a pilot with them, if the copter starts which Kalani though it would its really the only way out of the hospital that doesn't involve becoming dinner or a zombie. Still I'm pretty sure at least 1 of the 4 isn't coming back to the tower. If the hoard is as large as it sounds, Micheal will not risk a rescue mission. Resources are spread too thin. The 4 on on their own to find a way out. Time for a hail mary pass..... I hope it works.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:01 AM
This is a random idea that I'm not very confident about but I thought I'd post it in case it spawns some better notions: do you think the horde that arrived at the Hospital could be the group that attacked the Mallers in the park ambush? I'm thinking the bodies they have in tow are the slaves the mallers left behind.

The only thing that makes me think this is wrong is that there are Behemoths with this horde and I have't heard Bert mention any little ones. So I'm thinking this isn't that group. But bear with me while I toss out a random little story line: Ink/Pin Stripes has been using the hospital as a base of operations, along with a handful of other Smart Ones. Slowly Ink has been amassing an army, a group that is seperate from the horde at the Arena. With the destruction of the arena, Ink was able to recruit a great number of refugees from there. The result being the great horde that now returns to the hospital. To thin?

Magrat
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
...or maybe Paul has enough speech to interrogate them? Unlikely but an idea.

"It's Paul... .... .. You food?"
Can't wait for that interrogation scene! Please let it be Kalani who gets interrogated!

GD_Elite
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
I think it should be obvious that the zombies are organised when the pin stripe/ink/"paul"/the one with markings is about, and it would appear that he is commanding them - both convoy ambushes/attack on the towers. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that he has the ability to order the other kinds about too. I believe that they will follow orders from him, whether this order is to take someone alive, attack where it tells them to, or in the case of the big ones, don't eat the other zombies. I'm thinking this could be either a military type order, or as previosuly referenced in the story, an insect-like system.

What seems odd is the difference between the experiences of the tower, skittles and the colony. Members of the tower/mallers know about the zombies being capable of being organised. Whereas it would appear skittles hasn't. From what we've heard, his experiences are of the different kinds in the wild, in small packs or alone. He thought the jumpers were gone, but we've only seen them during an organised attack on the tower. On the other hand, the colony hasn't even seen any different kinds or an organised attack. It's strange because I'd imagine that after the initial wave of biters, the different kinds would come out too.

After some thinking, I'm putting forward my theory. So the zombies are at a hospital, and one particular zombie that is injured that we know of has an arrow in its eye. It is possible that one of the big ones is the same one. As well as the fact that there are some char-grilled zombies walking round, maybe they need some fixing. Crazy idea, but when a couple of points lead to something, I'm sticking a flag in it.

Considering we have gone 5 episodes without hearing from Lizzy, I reckon it's highly likely that she hasn't been conscious for most of the time between the explosion and now. I know that the story telling doesnt always keep to chronology, but I think that this makes it very likely that she will have been captured by the zombies. If we do go back to seeing the story from Lizzys point of view, then I think it would probably be as her waking up being held as a prisoner or being dragged along by the zombies.

Just had another thought. What if the zombies are wanting to use human body parts as repairs. Brings a new meaning to the phrase, "an eye for an eye".

Anyone think its sad that Saul and Lizzy weren't there to witness Burt talking about his buddha belly. :(

@nikvoodoo sorry about the wall of text, I think i got a bit excited lol. But at least I don't get classed as a 'kid' :)

Grognaurd
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Im addition to the slaves that the mallers left, there were mallers themselves that were ripped out of the cab. And lets not forget that when Tar and Bricks grabbed Lizzy, they were looking for escaped slaves. So, there are a lot of people around to be fresh meat.

Even before *star* members got to the Hospital, I was very afraid of the building being over-run and the Helicopter's battery is dead.

clarkie
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Anyone else notice how angry Angel's been recently. RATTY, you might say. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha...Geddit?...Ratty?...

No, but seriously, he's been really short-tempered recently. Just worth a note.

I know I get snappy when I don't get enough sleep. Maybe he isn't sleeping well. Then again, would you be if you were stuck in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

(And no, I don't think that Angel is the rat. Just a joke. :p)

kdalton
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
WHo was Randy?

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
WHo was Randy?

This question has been asked quite a bit. I realize there is quite a bit to cover in the entire thread, but you'd find your answer a few pages into this topic.

So far, all we know is that Michael muttered his name while under a medication at the colony, right after his arm surgery. Hope asks, "Who's Randy?", explaining that Michael said his name while asleep. Michael brushes the question off of course. So other than that is what we got in this current chapter; that Randy is a male with long brown hair and a beard. It is unknown whether he has always been a zombie or if he only recently turned. Other than that, there's a ton of speculation that you can find in this thread:
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1065-Randy-Randi
And also some ideas mentioned in this thread you are now in.

Don Man
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry if someone has already said this but first off the way Burt was narrating it i think he is explaining himself to the mallers. Second I think Randy is a smart one and is Michael is his brother/army buddy and recognized him so he helped. third the bodies the zombies were carrying were the bodies of the mallers and Lizzie. Finialy at the end of this chapter i think saul will come in to save the day with a kick ass one liner

GD_Elite
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
@ Don Man: Just curious as to what makes you think he is explaining it to the mallers? Also, Michael said he is an only child, and I don't think he really had any army buddys.

nikvoodoo
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
@nikvoodoo sorry about the wall of text, I think i got a bit excited lol. But at least I don't get classed as a 'kid' :)

you're fine! I simply skipped over one sentence in among all your thoughts and theories.

Cabbage Patch
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Anyone else wondering if "Randy" might just be WWE Superstar "Randy 'Macho Man' Savage"? The description kind of fits. http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/703817/randy_savage_1986_large.jpg
Who says this was someone Michael actually knew? Maybe he was just a fan.

beesting
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
@ Don Man: Just curious as to what makes you think he is explaining it to the mallers? Also, Michael said he is an only child, and I don't think he really had any army buddys.

They may not be "buddies" in the civilian sense of the word, but I know if my husband saw guys from his platoon he'd say, "Hey blah blah blah." Maybe it was someone he served with and was close to in the field, those relationships don't always transfer to civilian life. Or maybe Michael's bi and this is a guy he had a crush on, who knows.

beesting
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone else wondering if "Randy" might just be WWE Superstar "Randy 'Macho Man' Savage"? The description kind of fits. http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/703817/randy_savage_1986_large.jpg

This made me lol at work.

Arkum
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
I think if Bert is explaining the story to anyone its the guy in the artwork in the hospital

HardKor
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Now I'm imaging a zombie running around yelling "OOOO YEAAHHHH!" and dropping elbows on people.

Arkum
Jun 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Slim Jims are step one to leading a healthy zombie life

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
I don't know if anyone already mentioned this but, did anyone else notice that Angel didn't say anything at the beginning of the episode when Burt, Riley and Kalani locked themselves in the room? I mean that doesn't mean he wasn't there with them, but I just found it strange.

Gefroan
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:14 PM
My theroy is they find something strange in the hosbital and or they get to the roof and lock themselfs up there and its a race to fix the helicopter and escape the army below and or when there flying away angel pulls a cigar out and says "hosta la vista baby!'' -pulls out c4 detnator- "BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!" and the hosbital crumbles to the ground! and kalani says "what the hell was that!!!!!" angel says "just tieing up some lose ends" -while the helicopter flys away into the sunset. no louder than a church mouse wisper angel says ''take that"

Grognaurd
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:23 PM
FUBAR Facepalm

We hope that the keys to the copter are somewhere near by and we can find them
We hope that the skids are not chained to the structure and can find those keys also.
We hope that the copter is in servisable conditon.
We hope the battery retains enough cranking amps to start the engine
We hope that the copter is fueled and ready to go
We hope to get there before the zombies do.
We hope there are not already at the copter
We hope it is not a trap
And this just some of the copter possibilities, not to mention the plan to get there

If any one of these conditions is not met, what is the contingency plan for it?
If the copter is SNAFU what is that contingency plan?

smalls kenobi
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
alright, they're all going to rush to the copter, they will get the keys and they will fly out of there. but once they reach it they're going to need to buy some time, that's when Burt comes in. he will sacrifice himself to buy the other guys enough time to escape, he will die.

i just hope his last words are, "Smile, you Son of a BITCH!" :D

SnipesR1
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
hmm interesting theory but i think if their is gonna be a sacrifice its gonna be angel. and the only reason i say that is because it wont be riley cause he wouldnt dare let her be and burt is the one who is telling the story....you hear him try to explain it as he remembers what happened. but thats if...if saul doesnt do something that might draw them away. theres alot of people and factors that we cant just write off just yet. now i dont think mike an the tower is gonna be able to do much cause theyre surrounded for the time being.

smalls kenobi
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:06 PM
hmm interesting theory but i think if their is gonna be a sacrifice its gonna be angel. and the only reason i say that is because it wont be riley cause he wouldnt dare let her be and burt is the one who is telling the story....you hear him try to explain it as he remembers what happened. but thats if...if saul doesnt do something that might draw them away. theres alot of people and factors that we cant just write off just yet. now i dont think mike an the tower is gonna be able to do much cause theyre surrounded for the time being.

Yeah, it totally could be angel. it would also give him a chance to proclaim his love for Riley, which could lead to her finally announcing her Sexual Preference. hmmm...

Gefroan
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah, it totally could be angel. it would also give him a chance to proclaim his love for Riley, which could lead to her finally announcing her Sexual Preference. hmmm...

Hmmm.........HOT! lol i think riley is the girl with the looks but not the girl who cooks and cleans lol offtopic

SnipesR1
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
ahh plus another thought, burt likely has his C4 still on him, and since he was toying around with remote detonation at the airport i think theres a good chance that could play a part in saving them from the hospital so they can "Get To The CHOPPER!" haha

im kinda on the thought of if anyone important dies it will be in some kind of worst case scenario invasion of the tower by the Z army and the tower looses a few people while trying to get out in the chopper/s in the finale which im assuming is coming very soon.

Cabbage Patch
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:47 PM
im kinda on the thought of if anyone important dies it will be in some kind of worst case scenario invasion of the tower by the Z army and the tower looses a few people while trying to get out in the chopper/s in the finale which im assuming is coming very soon.

So you're thinking shades of the Fall of Saigon, with the survivors escaping the rooftop by helicopter as the zombies/Mallers/others over-run the Tower?

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:35 AM
i just hope his last words are, "Smile, you Son of a BITCH!" :D

Kalani already used that quote when he fed a behemoth a mouthful of copper coated lead.

Don Man
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:36 AM
@GD_Elite Ok my first point is dumb i see that know I just got lost in the magic of that episode and Michael could have been lying to hide his emotions for his brother he has hid his emotions before

Don Man
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
I really dont want to say this but I think Angel is going to die because we need Kalani for the chopper.Burt survives because he is telling the story and Riley I think she is the mole so she will have to survive to enrich the story. So that leaves good old Angle to bite the dust :'(

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
You know, I actually think that there is a slight possibility that Randy could be Michael's brother/step brother. When Kelly asked him if he had any siblings he answered, "No. I'm an only child." She then replies that he doesn't fit the only-child-type. I don't know if this was her realization that he's lying, since she the resident expert, or just casual conversation. Michael hasn't been quite the honest type. He withholds information and tells actual lies to the group.

Some examples are when in 1-2 Angel asks him if he has family. He responds "Yeah, sorta. My parents live in Northern California, outside Lois Obispo." I realize he's probably not ready to talk about his dead parents, but he doesn't have to be so shady about it. Later in 1-3 Riley is trying to have a heart-to-heart with the guy after they double tap Cindy. She says, "You don't have anyone, do you?" He angrily replies, "Well maybe I do, and maybe I don't! What does it matter?" A bit touchy. It could be possible that seeing Cindy die he is reminded of his brother and is actually hurting a bit. But because he is an escapist who refuses to face his difficult emotions, he chooses to be dodgy on the subject.

I'm going to go back to some of the earlier chapters with the thought that Michael has a missing brother in my mind. It could help me pick up on some subtle clues, particularly around the Water Pumping Station episodes.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:19 AM
It could help me pick up on some subtle clues, particularly around the Water Pumping Station episodes.

Speaking of water pumping station, I wonder when Michael's broken arm and how he escaped will be addressed in future episodes.

And since there has been so much speculation as to what will happen in the hospital, I'll take a wild guess and it will kinda be like "Mercy Hospital" in Left 4 Dead XD.

Bulldog711
Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
I apologize if people have brought these things up;

Just bullshitting with some guys in the office but one main thing is WHERE THE HELL DID KELLY COME FROM!

- Kelly showed up to help Steven and Michael battle the zombies but she had a gun and got there pretty quickly. Now it wasnt a silenced pistol by the sound of it, but a few quick twists of the silenced barrel and you have a normal pistol. Could this be a hint to her being the killer? I have always suspected Kelly as the RAT and the Killer on the basis that she was always worried about her own safety and could have easily reached out to the Mallers in an attempt to find a safe group to protect her. Why would she be the killer? To protect her name from being unearthed and maybe because she realized that Pippen was there to check up on her and also act as a mole for the Mallers.

RANDY!!!!! I think everyone has touched on this enough but I agree that Randy could very well be someone Michael met while at the pumping station......or on his way back

Burt is retelling the story of the hospital battle.....this has to be after the fact of course. The only other person we have seen give an interview like review of an event was Michael at the begginning of the entire story. Is KC slowly creating a list of ultimate survivors? If so we have Michael and Burt......

Now the ultimate goal right now for the Tower is to get to the Army Base......could Burt be giving a debriefing to army officials?

Also, I guess KC fancies himself a lil Tarrentino eh? Showing us Burt n' co fighting the zombies in the hospital at the start and then back tracking to tell the story........this is a first for this series no? Why the change in storyboard forumla?

Grognaurd
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
Kelley was at the next door meeting. She is talking with someone about loading water. Michael tells her to stay, but she comes with Michael and steven. When they raided the Armory at the colony (just a couple of days ago.) , she picked up a glock. I can see her wearing it in a holster.

Hollomandious
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
I wish i had the mental power to read this entire thread and then reply. But i don't, so imma just give my thoughts.

I think Randy is the sole reason Michael got out of the Waterworks. But he won't talk about it, so, we'll see.
The small ones w/ the tattoos are proof enough for me to believe Ink is harvesting people and turning them into to more powerfull zombies. This probably explains all the big ones and such.
Ink knows about the tower, he sent biters there to go and try to collect a few more live specimens. Tanya just happened to be outside when she showed up. Remember, they also didn't leave after they got in a fight, meaning, they are suppose to be there.
Mallers hit the Arena, but not to the extent they hoped they would. Ink then rallied the troops, and moved to a new location. Per ep2 Ink was held at a "Mental Health Facility." Maybe that facility was at the hospital.

I can't think of more at the moment.

Th3_T3ch
Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hollomandious and Bulldog711 I congradulate you on being the first one to put two and two together and make a GOOD connection about Randy and the WaterWorks, I also believe that is where Randy came in. I also believe that he died or was captured by the biters shortly afterword, giving Michael an experience he isn't too fond of. What we know of the zombies is- They, or atleast one of them, is strategic enough to form an Army and create Traps. They go after the more dangerous groups( I.E. Convoy, Other Tower, Maller Convoy). The Mallers must be creating their own zombies (i.e. Tar talking about "Jonny" in present tense, and "The Sisters"). The Tower has proven themselves dangerous (i.e. The Arena, Burt) and now must be dealt with.
So what makes them unable to create a perfectly strategical plan, such as Blockading and trapping the hospital team. Also the Army could have just been on its way to exact revenge on the Mallers when they stubled upon the Hospital. I do believe that Lizzy isn't dead, how would her Journal entry of the attack on the Arena have been told in detail. Tar and Bricks could be dead, but not likely as Tar is smart with explosives and Bricks is a BEAST!
The Maller is probably on the side of the tower now, he only killed Pippin to make sure that the Tower didn't mistrust... HIM. I believe the rat to be Kalani. I have already said this but it appears that some people don't read every post religiously, YOU WOULD WANT EVERY PERSON IN THE BUILDING NEXT TO THE TOWER TO HAVE A WEAPON, THE MALLERS COULD ATTACK AND THEN YOU HAVE THE FLESH BITERS THAT COULD SHOW UP. IT WOULD BE WEIRD IF SHE DIDN'T HAVE A WEAPON. Nik I don't remember what you said that was slightly wrong, but I will get back to you on that.

We saw that they kept zombies close by in buildings near the Tower, is it possible that they would know who is important to each group around the city? Assuming the zombies overwhelmed the Mallers and took them alive and dragged them back across the city to the hospital and the Tower area, could it be for the specific reason to create a rise out of the survivors they might encounter?

So the only body being dragged near the Tower was Tanya's and she is still alive. There we're no bodies dragged TO the Tower, but Randy dragging one away. Knew you said a minor thing wrong. Had to correct you.

smalls kenobi
Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Kalani already used that quote when he fed a behemoth a mouthful of copper coated lead.

OH YEAH!! Totally Forgot :P

Jeebogs
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Jeez, these zombie's are like buses aren't they? You wait ages for one, then a whole army turns up at once!

I'm thinking Riley is starting to nail her own coffin in the whole 'whose the rat' debate. Drinking to forget anyone?

Not so sure I'm on board with Ink, TOWTM or whomever acting as zombie leader, as it would mean the rest of the zombie's have a certain level of intelligence to carry out orders and exercise a level of restraint (not eating\biting - they must certainly be getting peckish by now eh?)

Randy is totally the reason Michael got out of the pumping station with just a broken arm. I think he must have helped and in the process got caught. Maybe Michael even saw him 'turn'.

Burt is still alive, the very first part, where they are trapped with nowhere to go, he then says "let me go back a little further..."

7oddisdead
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
An interesting thought just occurred go me...michael started this whole story off in much the same manner as burt did this chapter. Could this be an early indication of Michaels death?...i highly doubt it, but that would make a bit of sense in that context..

And now for no sense.....
Everybody seems to be predicting the demise of one of the major characters...mostly...burt...im gonna come out of left field and say....DATU.-__-

cupcakezombie
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:16 AM
One other thing of interest that we haven't discussed yet is the album artwork. Looking at the pic it seems to be someone in a pinstripe suit. Also of interest is the hand. To me it looks like it could be either a tattooed red x, or a scar in the shape of an x.
This also fits with the Devils Workshop Title

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
I commented on the artwork a little, mostly noting that the figure carried an arrow, no doubt one of Riley's. I can't really see the marking on his hand you speak of, but perhaps my monitor is weaker than yours. Although I do believe that this figure could be Ink/Pin Stripes, I'm curious as to why his suit is so clean. I mean it could just be the manner the artwork is done, but if it is a zombie I just feel his clothes should be a bit more grimey. Unless Ink/Pin Stripes is that pimp!

GD_Elite
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hollomandious and Bulldog711 I congradulate you on being the first one to put two and two together and make a GOOD connection about Randy and the WaterWorks

page 9:

Randy. I reckon Michael met him in water pumping station, but I am curious to know if Michael knew him before this all started, or could it be a Datu/Samantha situation. lol

Is my connection to GOOD? :(

I don't think you can rule out that Burt will die this chapter. I think the way he starts with the present suggests that he is writing/talking about it close to the time that the events have taken place in. I don't necessarily think it will definately happen in the next two chapters, but I don't think its fair to rule out the possibility. If Burt is going to die, I think he will die sacrificing himself to save others and there is potential for that to happen in the next chapter or two. I also think that he will meet Saul/Lizzy again as these are the 2 characters he is closest to (fuel truck mission), but also because the worst things that happened to them were a consequence of his actions and he feels responsible for them. (Saul shot/Lizzy kicked out)

@Adventureless_Hero: Is it not possible that he could have got a new suit? He's smart enough to be able to talk, understand the potential of weapons, and infiltrate towers as well as to lead large quantities of other zombies. Is it not possible he has the sense, to go shopping for a new suit as well? I mean the other one did have two bullet holes in.

I'm going to post my theory, so you can all admire how crazy it is. The zombies going to the hospital to repair/heal/fix themselves. This is why I think this:

The zombies are going to a hospital rather than any other building in LA.
After the Maller's attack on the arena, many of the zombies have been burned. (pinstripes has been shot 3 times aswell)
Another main zombie that has been injured has an arrow through it's eye. We know big ones are going to the hospital too, hence the cover artwork.
The title has workshop in it. This suggests to me that it could be a place where things are taken apart and put back together again.
Where do zombies get spare parts? Survivors of course. Hence the living humans being brought back.
It is possible that some of the zombies do in fact feel pain. This is shown by some zombies understanding the impact of weapons (pinstripes getting shot, big one covering face). This could mean they need some medical attention too.

6 reasons: more than most theories. What do other people think to this?

HardKor
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
I commented on the artwork a little, mostly noting that the figure carried an arrow, no doubt one of Riley's. I can't really see the marking on his hand you speak of, but perhaps my monitor is weaker than yours. Although I do believe that this figure could be Ink/Pin Stripes, I'm curious as to why his suit is so clean. I mean it could just be the manner the artwork is done, but if it is a zombie I just feel his clothes should be a bit more grimey. Unless Ink/Pin Stripes is that pimp!

zombie dry-cleaning service perhaps? But on a more serious related note, Ink/Pin Stripe doesn't really look much like a zombie in the artwork. He's got a very authoritative stance. He looks to me like he just pulled one of Riley's arrows out of his shoulder as is now looking at it thinking "Go on run away, I'll get you soon enough." In short: he looks more super-villain than zombie.

Th3_T3ch
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
page 9:

Is my connection to GOOD? :(

I don't think you can rule out that Burt will die this chapter. I think the way he starts with the present suggests that he is writing/talking about it close to the time that the events have taken place in. I don't necessarily think it will definately happen in the next two chapters, but I don't think its fair to rule out the possibility. If Burt is going to die, I think he will die sacrificing himself to save others and there is potential for that to happen in the next chapter or two. I also think that he will meet Saul/Lizzy again as these are the 2 characters he is closest to (fuel truck mission), but also because the worst things that happened to them were a consequence of his actions and he feels responsible for them. (Saul shot/Lizzy kicked out)

@Adventureless_Hero: Is it not possible that he could have got a new suit? He's smart enough to be able to talk, understand the potential of weapons, and infiltrate towers as well as to lead large quantities of other zombies. Is it not possible he has the sense, to go shopping for a new suit as well? I mean the other one did have two bullet holes in.

I'm going to post my theory, so you can all admire how crazy it is. The zombies going to the hospital to repair/heal/fix themselves. This is why I think this:

The zombies are going to a hospital rather than any other building in LA.
After the Maller's attack on the arena, many of the zombies have been burned. (pinstripes has been shot 3 times aswell)
Another main zombie that has been injured has an arrow through it's eye. We know big ones are going to the hospital too, hence the cover artwork.
The title has workshop in it. This suggests to me that it could be a place where things are taken apart and put back together again.
Where do zombies get spare parts? Survivors of course. Hence the living humans being brought back.
It is possible that some of the zombies do in fact feel pain. This is shown by some zombies understanding the impact of weapons (pinstripes getting shot, big one covering face). This could mean they need some medical attention too.

6 reasons: more than most theories. What do other people think to this?

my apologies, yes your connection is fantastic. I guess after 16 pages I missed some. To any who made the prediction of Micheal meeting Randy at the pumping station good job.

ilanagl
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Burts gonna die. They'll be holed up in one room in the hospital and writing in his journal while they think of a way out. He'll sacrifice himself the others will survive. Layer on someone else is reading his journal.

CantWaitForSeason3
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know if anyone already mentioned this but, did anyone else notice that Angel didn't say anything at the beginning of the episode when Burt, Riley and Kalani locked themselves in the room? I mean that doesn't mean he wasn't there with them, but I just found it strange.

Angel does say something at the beginning.

Kalini:They are coming from both ways!
Burt:Head in the hole!
Angel:There is not where to go!
Riley:Quick in here.
Kalini: There's no way out, We're trapped in here.

Grognaurd
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
^^^. This. I hear Angel

cupcakezombie
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:02 PM

Must have missed that sorry. I couldn't work out what it was he had in his hand. The marking on his hand is on his left, near the cuffs.
I can see it by making the iTunes artwork bigger on the Mac.
Here is what I see:
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=804&d=1308877313

I think he just got his zombie minions to raid the city for all pin stripe suits and changes them every day.

Hollomandious
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
One other thing of interest that we haven't discussed yet is the album artwork. Looking at the pic it seems to be someone in a pinstripe suit. Also of interest is the hand. To me it looks like it could be either a tattooed red x, or a scar in the shape of an x.
This also fits with the Devils Workshop Title

I totally forgot to add this topic into my earlier post.

Go double check me if you like, but back a while ago in a Ink thread i said something to the effect of, "ink isn't killing them. he's using them as parts." now, i may have said this somewhat jokingly, but, deep down; i meant it. and as soon as we got a closer look at the little ones and that tattoo of a 5 on the arm and then that pic/title for chap23. i feel like i wanna say, i called it.

And now i prediction.

First off, the group is at the hospital by chance when the Ink & Co show up to take over the hospital. Unknown to the group, Lizzy/Tar/Bricks are being transported to the hospital for use as parts. The group will find Lizzy/Bricks (most likely on accident) right after Tar gets used for parts (we're gonna hear it happen as well). Bricks will become a part of the Tower after being rescued. Oh, and Kalani is gonna die, and it will just eff up all the helicopter plans.

Maybe?

nikvoodoo
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Must have missed that sorry. I couldn't work out what it was he had in his hand. The marking on his hand is on his left, near the cuffs.
I can see it by making the iTunes artwork bigger on the Mac.
Here is what I see:
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=804&d=1308877313

I think he just got his zombie minions to raid the city for all pin stripe suits and changes them every day.

I too noticed the mark/scar on the back of that particular individuals hand. And I thought the same thing. The only thing that makes me stop for the slightest second from saying it's definitely the same figure is the difference in the hands vs. Chapter 11-1 artwork. The hand in 11-1 looks gray/discolored. The hand in 23-1 looks like normal barring the marks you mentioned.

The similarity in suit colors is pretty spot on....though it sure looks like the guy got a hold of an iron between chapters 11 and 23 ;)

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112&d=1297204361

Prototype
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
hey guys. im not sure if anyone has mentioned this but when angel, riley, burt, and kalani are driving to the hospital, angel mentions that he has the silenced mp5 from the colony. this may be the gun that was used to kill pippen. if so, then this is a big step towards angel possibly being the rat/murderer. id also like to point out that if its not the gun, then the gun used has to be burt's barreta. the person who has it is possibly the rat/murderer according to Arthur LaMarche, who pointed out that only two silenced weapons are in the towers possession.

HardKor
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
hey guys. im not sure if anyone has mentioned this but when angel, riley, burt, and kalani are driving to the hospital, angel mentions that he has the silenced mp5 from the colony. this may be the gun that was used to kill pippen. if so, then this is a big step towards angel possibly being the rat/murderer. id also like to point out that if its not the gun, then the gun used has to be burt's barreta. the person who has it is possibly the rat/murderer according to Arthur LaMarche, who pointed out that only two silenced weapons are in the towers possession.

Yeah Angel having the mp5 has been brought up. But remember the aftermath of Pippin's shooting was told from Angel and Michael's perspective. And its pretty clear that Angel did run to check out the alarm. There just isn't enough time between Michael hearing the alarm go off and him running into Angel outside of Burt's store for Angel to have doubled back to kill Pippin.

7oddisdead
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:39 PM
I think the thing to make note of from that, is that angel has the silenced mp5. Meaning, it had to be the barretta the shooter used. Though most of us already made that connection at the time..

The thing I want to try, but haven't had the chance to do yet. Back in chapter 7-8 riley was using an unsilenced barretta. Compare the sound of that shot to the sound of the shot from Kelly in this chapter. Its already been stated that Kelly had a glock, so does her shot sound like a glock.....or a barretta?

GD_Elite
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Just remembered Burt shot the one with the markings in the hand. Thats what that it could be. The X looks more like a burn or a scar than a tattoo, this could mean its more recent than the tattoos perhaps?

It is true that the two zombies do look the same, and so does the suit. Very probable that they are the same. Only difference is there are no visible bullet holes in the suit, but it's quite possible that he got a new one.

I thought the X might be a roman numeral, but lizzy says that the little one's hand has a number 5 on it, not mentioning roman numerals so its unlikely to be a link between the two types.

@prototype: Welcome to the forums. It does seem to be almost definite that the silenced beretta was used on pippin, just a shame we don't know who used it.

EDIT: In 19-3 at about 18:25 michael uses the silenced mp5 and it sounds nothing like what was used against pippin.

Grognaurd
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:35 AM
7odd,

In the same episode, Shirly. First shot. Zombie dies; Burt hit the target!

I think Riley has switched to the pistol for the run and clone.

The Glock has a slightly deeper rumble than the Berreta, but well below shirly

(I think) I have not done the head to head listening, but when I heard Kelley shoot in this episode, I noticed it sounded different than the Beretta we have heard so often.

In addition I think,
the shots in the tower Sound like those that kill fernando (again, a silenced berreta.)
the shots in the tower do not Sound like the silenced MP5 as they escape the colony. The Mp5 is more of a "burb" than the sharper classic holywood silenced pistol.

Last, I think there may have been a slight errror in that chapter. I think the shots taken through the door at the beach housse do not sound silenced. I thought I heard more of a Crack. But, I am not going to put it in another thread until I can go back and really listen it.

7oddisdead
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:22 AM
pree-vyeht Arthur!
I'm just saying....does kelly's glock sound like a glock?..i don't pay attention to the gun sounds and analyze them. I have to stop the obsession somewhere

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Just remembered Burt shot the one with the markings in the hand. Thats what that it could be. The X looks more like a burn or a scar than a tattoo...

Brilliant! I think that is absolutely right. I kept trying to focus on the history between Burt and Pin Stripes. He shot at it when they were in the rain at the scene of the trap, he shot at it when they returned from the arena and that's when he hit it in the hand. Also, did he shoot at Pin Stripes when they were on the fire truck or in that situation was he shooting at the One With Markings?

GD_Elite
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
No he missed when he took a shot at it. Just two shots in the chest and one in the hand.

Grognaurd
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Niet 7odd, I do not know enough about guns to tell if Kelley's Glock sounds like a Glock. Isn't it Goocoo, Goocoo?

But, I will say that whatever kelly fires its sound is different than the sound we hear when people fire a Beretta in this podcast

nikvoodoo
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Brilliant! I think that is absolutely right. I kept trying to focus on the history between Burt and Pin Stripes. He shot at it when they were in the rain at the scene of the trap, he shot at it when they returned from the arena and that's when he hit it in the hand. Also, did he shoot at Pin Stripes when they were on the fire truck or in that situation was he shooting at the One With Markings?

We don't know. It is unclear if the Man in the Pinstripe Suit is the same as The One With the Markings. Not to mention everyone in the story seems to have a different name for what could potentially be the same zombie.

GD_Elite
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I noticed this too Arthur LaMarche. I think this is what made people assume its the Glock, because this is the only Glock that we know that the tower has, and she took it, so it makes it likely.

EDIT: @nikvoodoo. At first I thought they were too seperate zombies, but the one in the pinstripe suit/"paul" is described as being covered from head to toe in tattoos. tattoos/markings, same thing right?

7oddisdead
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Fair enough.....pah-KAH!. .(I'm learning)

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
No he missed when he took a shot at it. Just two shots in the chest and one in the hand.

Yeah, i remember him hitting it in the hallway twice in the chest, then once in the hand just before it called for backup. But do you think that was the same one he shot at that was commanding the horde during the tower fire?

EDIT

We don't know. It is unclear if the Man in the Pinstripe Suit is the same as The One With the Markings. Not to mention everyone in the story seems to have a different name for what could potentially be the same zombie.

True. Personally, I believe that the one with marking and pinstripes are seperate creatures.

AMcJV12
Jun 25th, 2011, 03:39 PM
When are we gonna get back to Lizzie? I'm biting my nails here!

Zombiehead
Jun 27th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Calling it: Riley's alcohol will be used to repel the creatures and aid in their escape.

Magrat
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Calling it: Riley's alcohol will be used to repel the creatures and aid in their escape.

Ooh, I like! Then she can get sh*tty about losing the good alcohol.
"Would you prefer to get eaten?"
"I'd prefer to have something to drink!" except wittier.

DeeKay86
Jan 4th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Amazing episode!!!

Aerock
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I bet they tried to keep tanya alive so they could turn her.

Dang, I didn't even think of that! That's hella scary how organized they are!

After the Maulers unleashed hell on the arena, they have to be low on numbers.

I've been listening to the series at work, but did I miss something? When did that happen? I thought that the zombies attacked the Mallers, not the other way around!

Alizée
Sep 4th, 2013, 05:04 AM
For me, this is the CREEPIEST CHAPTER OF THE ENTIRE SHOW.
Just freaks me right out, all three parts.