PDA

View Full Version : OtHer survivor locations

StickUpKid
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
So we know where the colony the mallees and the tower is, but where are the other survivors at.

Because those groups can't be the last ones in Cali. Any ideas on where others are?

I was thinking the sewers the smell would mask them and I don't think zombies would go down there the only problem is lights and power.

Fishie
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
How many high-rise buildings are there in the LA area? Considering we've heard of at least one other tower (the one that Samantha and Hope came from), there could be others... Although according to people at the colony, they didn't think anyone else was still alive in LA.

I think that there will definitely already be people at Fort Irwin. If they make it out there, they're hardly going to find it deserted and with ample MREs and water, that would be way too lucky and would be rubbish for the narrative!

StickUpKid
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yea I get what ur saying about Irwin there must be other military guys who know it's there and maybe they will encounter other survivors like the mallers(highly aggressive and unresponsive to strangers)

Cabbage Patch
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:13 PM
The Los Angeles urban area is enormous, and the part we see in "We're Alive" is pretty limited. There are areas of the city where the roads feel like canyons, sandwiched between long rows of high-rise aparment tower buildings, many of which could be made into another "Tower". The big municipal buildings are close enough to where the story is happening that they probably aren't housing survivors, but there are plenty of big-box stores, Malls, corporate buildings, etc. in other parts of the city that could be in use.. And we've heard nothing from the San Fernando Valley, West LA, or the "Inland Empire" area north and east of LA proper. Once you get into the foothills around the city there are a large number of isolated communities, many of them walled and gated, that might have had a chance to organize a proper defense.

StickUpKid
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I was thinking many may Have flocked to government buildings CDC or bases or Capitol buildings in a thought if my government will save me which we see is clearly false. And to a gated community couldn't zombies just rip it down like in chapter one at the base

Little side question when they go to burts shop when they first find h Saul mentions a 50 cal did he mean a sniper or a machine gun

Cabbage Patch
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Almost certainly a machinegun. In Episode 20-3 Burt mounts the "50 Cal" in the Humvee's turret for the planned attack on the Mallers. Doesn't really make sense unless it's a machinegun.

BTW, granted that a gated community's gate and fence wouldn't stop the zombies if they attack, it does provide a certain level of protection against them wandering in. If you control noise and keep out of site there's a chance that they will pass by a fence or a closed gate. I think that's what we saw at the start of the story...the zombies didn't start tearing through the fence at the Army base until the alarm went off, letting them know there was something of interest inside. Even the "Commander", who might have had some residual knowledge of the place didn't seem interested in going in until he heard the alarm.

StickUpKid
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
But don't humvees come with turrets

Waldo Butters
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't leave a turret on humvee in the middle of LA. It's not a particularly nice town and I believe the area the base is stationed in is called LA's armpit, meaning its not a really nice neighborhood. So leaving a loaded machingun out for any street gang smart/dumb enough to steal it wouldn't be to smart. And I have to believe there are protocols for mounting heavy weapons in highly populated urban areas.

Magrat
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I think there will still be pockets of humans left around the la area, which we may see if the helicopter ride to fort irwin goes terribly wrong, but in the vicinity of the tower (unless skittles has a band of crazy sewer dwellers at his beck and call) i think we've seen all we shall see for now. Unless someone from the outer la area is trying to get into Inglewood.

StickUpKid
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Oh I didn't know about the humvee stuff. And there must be others be cause a few hundred survive out of at least(population of la/California I don't know how much but alot)I'm sure that there must be more somemore somewhere