PDA

View Full Version : Which Star Trek do you prefer?

shric debar
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ok which of the star trek series do you prefer and why? also which don't you like?

for me i like TNG the most but it's very close to the original series.

HardKor
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I gotta go with TNG also. I like TOS, I think it has the best cast/characters but its hard to watch it and not feel like its antiquated. TOS feels very 60s.
That being said, the TOS movies were excellent. Wrath of Khan is probably my favorite on anything Star Trek.

ryanlm09
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
The Original Series. I like how in the first season (which is all I have really watched in depth) is non-linear in story. I'm someone who likes to see a group of characters in different situations so maybe that's why I like it. I have to say that Next Generation is my second because it's the first Star Trek series I was exposed to.

abayarts
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Voyager = 7 of 9 ;)

Nullifier
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Enterprise was my favorite but as far as I'm concerned Scott Bakula killed the show, dude had some serious acting issues, Mr Nuclear Neurosis couldn't talk to someone, he had to scream at them like he was always on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
I'm sure that's what turned audiences away, other than that it was a great story arc.

Nullifier
Jul 14th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Voyager = 7 of 9 ;)
I'd gladly be assimilated by that set of hips any day.

mem
Jul 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
enterprise because it was simple and historic
voyager was drawn out way too long and the aliens got to be too predictable
i think they overplayed the people of a different color with odd things glued to their heads

Tandem25
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm glad to see that others liked Enterprise. I was the only that voted for it for a while.
I loved and grew up with the other shows but I liked the historical aspect of Enterprise.

...but, 7 of 9 was great wasn't she?

Osiris
Jul 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm a DS9 fan through and through. It had some of the darkest arcs, characters and settings of any of the franchise. I was particularly fond of the Dominion War.

Nullifier
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'm glad to see that others liked Enterprise. I was the only that voted for it for a while.

Yes, a few more votes & we'll rule the universe!

rolsskk
Jul 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
TNG all the way.

den1981
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:13 AM
TOS is just pure genius.

Hellbringer
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think anyone other than me watched the cartoon version of Star Trek, and even then, it was because that was the only cartoon showing on Nickelodeon at the time. Or on any channel for that matter, since I caught it in reruns.

badhead
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM
i always wonderd what the show would have been like had it stayed the way it was in the pilot, with pike in charge

CaseyJones
Oct 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hmmm. Do I go for the historical genius of TOS, or the better thought out storylines of TNG? Or maybe the 'back to basics' of Enterprise....
Tough decision.
I think I'll go for 7 Of 9. Purely itellectual reasons of course.
I want to be assimilated! (resistance is ... errrm... intriguing.)