PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Season 2 Cliffhanger Theories

2riskis2live
May 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
If you are not caught up to episode 21 Mark of the Beast 1 of 3 STOP READING!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT

Lets review:

The mallers are on the move to an unknown location.
The tower is seeking a way to fly probably by helicopter to Ft. Irwin.

Knowing these facts I have to wonder if the mallers are headed for Ft. Irwin as well. I think this would be an interesting problem for the tower. If this is what is happening and the tower finds the helicopters they need, the tower may end up having to be the aggressors against the mallers. Furthermore, this sets up an interesting attack potential for the tower survivors, think aerial assault or aerial insertion.

Another fact I'd like to point out is that Micheal and his group now have a 50 Caliber machine gun. This makes their side incredibly strong. For those that do not know a 50 caliber round can pretty much go through most armor, especially armor that is a thrown together in a apocalyptic environment. This weapon coupled with an aerial capability makes the tower into a sort of super power in the new world.

AdrianHD
May 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
I imagine that season 2 will end something along the lines of the tower in both helicopters and then saying something like they don't have anymore fuel or something. The way I make it sound is anti-climatic, but you get the gist.

Zombiehead
May 1st, 2011, 04:29 PM
They'll end it with a wife swap, just to torment me.

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
I imagine that season 2 will end something along the lines of the tower in both helicopters and then saying something like they don't have anymore fuel or something. The way I make it sound is anti-climatic, but you get the gist.

Kalani: "Michael we don't have any more fuel!"

*Helicopter crashes*

Fin.

:p

I don't think the Mallers will be at Fort Irwin. They don't have military personnel (that we know of at least) so I don't think the idea would ever cross their minds. I think the finale will be one of two things. Part 1) The Tower group arrives at Fort Irwin and its inhabited by unfriendlies, human or zombie, or Part 2) Kalani can't train a second pilot so he has to make two trips and it ends with the two groups becoming separated for some reason (perhaps Kalani runs out of fuel and can't make it back) with one group stranded in LA, possibly engaged in MW2 (Maller War 2).

And a question: How many more chapters are there until the finale?

NoReality95
May 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Kalani: "Michael we don't have any more fuel!"

And a question: How many more chapters are there until the finale?

Well if season 1 was 12 episodes long then I guess we have till chapter 24.

COsurvivor
May 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM
On We're Not Dead (podcast) they said July is when the break hits... That seems about right.

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
When one is too lazy to check for himself, he asks his fellow forumers :p. Thanks NoReality95 and COsurvivor :)

NoReality95
May 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
So Let's see 12 chapters per season seems to be the way their going, and with 3 sections to each chapter we have 36 episodes per chapter, we've had 24 chapters so far so 72 chapter sections so far. Which means that we'll have 144 sections for the full series (48 chapters). Not really important but I found it funny how much work these guys are doing and we're almost half-way through.

cycogod
May 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM
kinda agree with the season ending very badly. if the tower becomes divided , maybe we could have a show twice a week..? end of the season is gonna be sad time

Zombiehead
May 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
kinda agree with the season ending very badly. if the tower becomes divided , maybe we could have a show twice a week..? end of the season is gonna be sad time You want the season to end sooner? :O

nikvoodoo
May 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
When one is too lazy to check for himself, he asks his fellow forumers :p. Thanks NoReality95 and COsurvivor :)

Lazy....lazy....lazy....

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/calendar.php

There's everything you need to know about the production schedule for season 2 including the double release day in July to end the season.

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Lazy....lazy....lazy....

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/calendar.php

There's everything you need to know about the production schedule for season 2 including the double release day in July to end the season.

You call it lazy. I call it smart :p

nikvoodoo
May 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM
You call it lazy. I call it smart :p

Hell, you called it lazy first. I'm just confirming your assessment.

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Hell, you called it lazy first. I'm just confirming your assessment.

Touché

JRAM94
May 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Here's how I predict the 2nd season will end: The people of the tower will find the helicopters and they will make their way to the fort, but one of the helicopters is going to go down and it might crash, if so, killing some main characters, and/or when they reach the fort, they'll see that it's been over-run with zombies. those are just my thoughts on the possible (but not likely) cliffhanger. =o)

RoA Overlord
May 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Good thoughts about the two choppers getting separated.. i didn't think of that, but i was thinking to myself maybe Fort Irwin is ARENA V2.0.. just a thought.

MrScott101
May 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Mallers are unaware of the colony and end up in an epic battle with them, meanwhile the Tower residents are unable to locate a chopper which saves Kalani from exposing the truth that he was a passenger on the crashed plane and not a pilot. However in retaliation of the arena attack the zombies will make a massive assault on the tower forcing them out and heading south. Which the season will end with the Tower in the cross battle of the mallers vs. the colony which then makes gatekeeper and durai end up on the same side!

Grognaurd
May 13th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Mallers are unaware of the colony and end up in an epic battle with them, meanwhile the Tower residents are unable to locate a chopper which saves Kalani from exposing the truth that he was a passenger on the crashed plane and not a pilot. However in retaliation of the arena attack the zombies will make a massive assault on the tower forcing them out and heading south. Which the season will end with the Tower in the cross battle of the mallers vs. the colony which then makes gatekeeper and durai end up on the same side!

The Mallers may know about the colony. They could have picked up stray CB chatter, or the amplified / directed signal sent by Michael. We are led to believe the mallers may have multiple plants. No reason they would both have to be in the Tower. It is possible that Mallers may be the force behind the Coup. I am not saying that they have to be or are. I am just saying that I do not remember facts that discount this.

symon_r
May 14th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Since episode 21-3 I have been thinking, the Mallers split their forces one group went to try and take out the Arena are the other group headed to the colony? There were slaves included in the convoy sent to the arena but it doesn't strike me that the Mallers would have much use for them (exactly what would you put them to work doing during the Zombie apocalypse?). But if they are aware of the colony and how it operates then perhaps they are planning on trying to buy their way in?

Blood & Ice Cream
May 15th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Season One ended on Micheal stating 'we have to leave the tower!'

end of Season Two? they actually leave the tower?

Paola
May 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I really don't want this season to end but if it has to I really really want a confrontation between pegs and scratch. I've been anticipating it since pegs killed latch.

Don Man
May 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I know there is still a little while to go but I was interested in how some off you think this season will end. I think it will end with a main character being killed im not sure who yet and I think the mole will be the one to kill the character.So what are your thoughts?

Creem_Filling
May 16th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I think they're going to get the helicopters and be flying off. But that's not very cliff hangery, so what if one of the two copters gets showdown by the Mallers secret weapon. An rpg perhaps! That's what I would guess at this stage in the story.

Don Man
May 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking but im guessing that at will end at chapter 24 because season 1 had 12 chapters but I just dont think that there is enough time to get the helicopters, train a 2nd pilot and all that stuff.

Creem_Filling
May 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
There could be. He isn't stuck to 12 chapters. He said to me that one thing he loved about writing this story is that he never has limitations on the time limit of his episodes. Which expands to the amount of episodes, because he can write it until he gets his points across. His only obligation is to his fans, so why not. And he doesn't have to stick to the thre part chapter either. Like in the War, it was four parts long. He could do the same with one of these final chapters.

Don Man
May 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
One other thing is that I think dont think that they will ever leave the tower until we're alive finishies because when they do get to the fort there will be no story because the fort is perfect and because of its location that means there will be no zombies. The only problem they will have will be getting friendly with the people there or killing hostiles inside.

Creem_Filling
May 18th, 2011, 09:13 AM
One other thing is that I think dont think that they will ever leave the tower until we're alive finishies because when they do get to the fort there will be no story because the fort is perfect and because of its location that means there will be no zombies. The only problem they will have will be getting friendly with the people there or killing hostiles inside.

I never thougt of that. You make an excellent point, but then again we are blessed with an excellent writer who could work it out. But maybe the theory I made earlier will happen and they'll try to leave, but get stopped. Getting a copter shot down by the Mallers secret weapons, will stop them, maybe.

symon_r
May 18th, 2011, 03:01 PM

I agree with Creem_Filling. Take "The Walking Dead" as an example, it could have all ended on a happy note at the end of series 1 but, well, doesnt (which only just aired in the UK so I am avoiding mentioning or discovering spoilers).

I think the mole storyline will be wrapped up this series though; maybe Pippin will feature heavily in the run up to the end of the series

nikvoodoo
May 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM

Zombies won't necessarily be missing from the Fort. It may be the case that moving from LA means new and diverse adversaries to encounter. However, I do like the idea that the Tower folk can't get out of LA for one reason or another. Mainly because if they leave LA that means the origins of the outbreak potentially become so much harder to figure out.

I dunno. A fresh start somewhere new with new conflicts is a nice idea. But It would also remain interesting if they stay in LA and grind it out.

smalls kenobi
May 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
i don't believe The Mallers are going to Fort Irwin, Fort Irwin is NE of Los Angeles. i actually have a friend who works there as a makeup artist for training exercises :)
she wants to listen to the show now just because of that.. and the Zombies, haha :P

Don Man
May 18th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hey good points from everyone. All those points are very possible and i didnt even think about the mallers secret weapon

Grimlock
May 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
In thinking about the colony and the mallers, I can't believe that they would come into contact with each other given what (I think) we kind of know of Gatekeeper/Marcus and Durai/Scratch.

If the Tower people, that still doesn't answer how the Zombie outbreak started, which is another place to take the podcast. Why are there smart zombies, fast zombies? Why did the zombies congregate at the arena? Who is the pinstriped suit zombie? Wasn't one the zombie marked with a "5"? What's that all about? What about the leathery skinned zombie that Angel and friend encountered? How the hell was he/she/it made/created?

MrScott101
May 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM
The big point I think everyone is missing is that this is a story about survival and not just about the zombies. So moving to a new location means that they still need to find a way to survive even if there is no zombies or more. The tower has been an anchor point for quite some time but humans in general are very good at exhausting a location's resources and as such need to move about to locate new resources.

kafu288
May 19th, 2011, 12:36 AM
KC said at the live event that there is a reason that they do the things they do and they are the way they are and I got the feeling that this wasn't going to be revealed until way towards the end of the show and the big reveal for this season would be the traitor(s) and I think it will end with a stand off between Scratch's group of mallers and the tower (or a group of tower people). Hopefully we'll find out what teh secret weapon is then.

Don Man
May 19th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Well i do know or i think that the mole is going to be found out in chapter 22 from its title so thats the way the story is going right now. I think the origin of the zombies will be the focus in season 3

Nevermatter
May 19th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Wonder if it's gonna head to a Mexican standoff. Or with four factions (tower, mallers, colony, zombies) maybe a fifth will appear sooner or later with actual good intentions toward the tower. Ive also wondered what the chances of any of these groups teaming up.

Grimlock
May 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Mallers and Tower people seem like the most likely people to align themselves together, in my opinion.

Nevermatter
May 19th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Mallers and Tower people seem like the most likely people to align themselves together, in my opinion.
Im not too sure after the war and all. I would bet the most on Mallers/Colony. It also makes me wonder just hoe well organized and smart the zombies may end up. If they have an actual agenda and intelligence then they may one day confer with humans in some way other than flesh eating...

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:53 PM
So here's a fun little "prediction" theory thread. Though it will be meaningless I. Around a month...
what do you see the season ending cliffhanger being? I think we are all expecting a cliffhanger ending. And right now, we have about two dozen different ways this thing could play out....what do you think the final scenario for season two will be....?

my prediction
burt victor kalani pegs and datu stuck on the roof of the hospital...the pelican has a blown hydraulic hose and there's something(what I dunno) is wrong with the medivac chopper.....boom! End

so what do you think?

nikvoodoo
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:57 PM
so what do you think?

I THINK SOMEONE IS HORNING IN ON MY TERRITORY!!!!! ;) Just joshin' ya! :)

I'd be very interested to hear what other people think. I'm pretty sure I've gotten my theory down pat for the moment, but if I tell you now there'd be no Voodoo Lounge in 3 weeks.

HardKor
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Well I've stated my theory already. It even made it onto the latest episode of We're Not Dead before being torn apart by Ra1th and nikvoodoo. :p But I'm sticking with it to the bitter end.
With all the build up with the helicopters, I seriously doubt the season is going to end without them getting off the ground for the trip to Fort Irwin. So I'm predicting the Tower folks get into some kind of trouble (surrounded by Mallers, zombies, etc..) and have to make a mad dash for the helicopters. Things get tense but ultimately they make it off the ground and to Fort Irwin and the season ends with them landing and finding that someone is already there. Probably someone with knowledge of the outbreak.

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I THINK SOMEONE IS HORNING IN ON MY TERRITORY!!!!! ;) Just joshin' ya! :)

I'd be very interested to hear what other people think. I'm pretty sure I've gotten my theory down pat for the moment, but if I tell you now there'd be no Voodoo Lounge in 3 weeks.

oopsie! I honestly thought about this AFTER I put this up...just think of all the free input...:D

nikvoodoo
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:04 AM
oopsie! I honestly thought about this AFTER I put this up...just think of all the free input...:D

Like I said, more power to ya :) And honestly, that's what the entire theories section is all about. Breaking down, thinking about and projecting what we think is gonna happen.

So in reality, y'all should be yelling at me for horning in on the theories section ;)

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
In the end of season twoi have two theories.
1. Pegs: Micheal.... I'm pregnant epic music end
or
2. The rat/ shooter could resurface one last time taking a vital main character out of the plot once and for all.

Pikepaw
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:42 AM
My theory for an exciting cliffhanger is that Kalani the pilot is incapacitated. Pegs takes off in one helicopter, but before Kalani can get to his a zombie jumps on him and kills him. Or a Maller blasts his hand off or he gets knocked out. Something that means Kalani cannot fly right when they NEED to take off. I also like the theories that one helicopter crashes/gets taken down. Allows for a very interesting factor if the group is separated and certain characters needing to take on roles that they depended on others for. Crashing or a pilot being incapacitated allows for this.

My gut is doubting the Colony will be involved, considering how xenophobic they are (kill you just for knowing they exist). However Mallers picking up Colony CB chatter or even signals on their other radio device is reasonable. If the Colony is active in any of the rest of season 2, it would have to be worked in as a twist. I see the Colony making their return more in season three or four.

If the Tower group leaves LA, then we need some sort of final confrontation with the Mallers. If the Tower group stays in LA, then the Mallers will be confronted, but probably continue to exist. If there is the trip to Fort Irwin, then the Maller situation will most likely be resolved, although this is obviously not 100% positive. As for whether or not the zombies could be at Fort Irwin, I will remind us all that while starving, they swam from Catalina to the mainland, which Michael doubted most humans could do normally. The main strength of zombies in any fiction is their endurance, their utter resilience to everything but head shots. No desert is going to stop them. I figure that sooner or later, the One with the Markings can track them 150 miles. Their store of live humans will eventually be exhausted, and seeing as Skittles is uncatchable the kid-gobblers will have to expand.

7oddisdead
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM
/\ I made it as far as kalani gets killed/maimed...stopped right there...thumbs up!

GD_Elite
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:37 AM
I was just about to write loads about what was going to happen in the next hour and twenty minutesish of the story. But then I remembered that Scratch has a "weapon" and the fact that we have two helicopters expeted to be flying around.

RPG anyone...?

Edit: Yeh, so well done to everyone who already came to the same conclusion as me. I must learn to read what others have put before I post. lol.

You know what I'm gonna expand on it. Perhaps, Scratch sees Pegs piloting a chopper, and that is how she gets her payback.

symon_r
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:20 AM
It feels to me that there is too much to wrap up in 4 episodes for the tower to be able to leave LA this season

As it stands:

Kelly is presumably alive, with Scratch, at an unknown location
Saul is attempting to track down Kelly and last known to be at the arena
Riley and Kalani are alone in the hospital perhaps armed only with Rileys bow (I dont recall if Kalani carries a weapon)
Burt and Angel are "trapped" in a room with a door that, currently, needs to be physically held closed
Pegs, Victor and Datu are working to get 1 helicopter in working condition (assuming Pegs has finished training herself)
There is a rat amongst the tower people
There is a tower person impersonating the rat
The location of the Duari led mallers is unknown
The state of the colony is unknown
Randy has been introduced with an implied association with Michael from an incident we have no insight into
Tanya has been attacked but presumed to not be turned

All that before we even get into any zombie related questions.

I think a good number of those issues will carry over to the next season which is why they cant leave LA

CantWaitForSeason3
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
The hospital is not far from the tower. Ink is going to lead the army where ever the helicopter is heading. Which will most likely to right to the tower. That zombie army is going to overwhelm the tower. Needing to leave through off roof again.

Would they then meet up at LAX or with the Mallers?

First the Mallers get ambushed because Ink was trying to protect the arena. Then he sizes up the hospital crew. He is wanting to plan an ambush better. Could Durai and the Mallers need to join up with the Tower as much as Tower will need to band with them?

I think we are going to see major changes in the finally. What are your predictions?

GD_Elite
Jul 29th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I had a new idea today. The finale being tomorrow, it might be a little last minute. What if the cliffhanger is a main character getting shot, and then next season we find out they were wearing a bullet-proof vest - possibility?

symon_r
Jul 29th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I had a new idea today. The finale being tomorrow, it might be a little last minute. What if the cliffhanger is a main character getting shot, and then next season we find out they were wearing a bullet-proof vest - possibility?

I'd get on board with that, although perhaps a little too cliche...?