PDA

View Full Version : any magic the gathering players?

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
do you play magic the gathering? if you do what colors do you use and whats your main deck? favorite card? favorite color?

Hellbringer
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I haven't played (with cards in hand) for over a decade now. But when I did, I was a red and black player. I used a deck that basically dealt damage to smaller creatures and I would attack with larger creatures. I had a favorite card that would deal 2 damage to all creatures as a sorcery. I also had a card called caltrops which was an artifact that dealt one damage to all attacking creatures.

However, I have played on online, and most recently, I bought Duel of the Planeswalker on Xbox Live Arcade. I hear there's a 2012 edition coming out soon, so I look forward to that.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
yea i am also. you should really get back into it! its really a great time to be a magic player.

Hellbringer
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I think I'd be more inclined to jump back into the card part of Magic if my son joined me. He's slowly getting into video games that I play, so I have to work him gradually.

Waldo Butters
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I play casually and its very spiratic but yeah, I'm a planeswalker. I'm currently playing a Blue/Green infect deck (phyrexian obviously, because they're the only ones that get infect) and my favorite cards are all of the Eldrazi cards, they're so huge, awesome, and annihilator is beautiful. My Rarest though is Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, the Blue Praetor for New Phyrexia.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I play casually and its very spiratic but yeah, I'm a planeswalker. I'm currently playing a Blue/Green infect deck (phyrexian obviously, because they're the only ones that get infect) and my favorite cards are all of the Eldrazi cards, they're so huge, awesome, and annihilator is beautiful. My Rarest though is Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, the Blue Praetor for New Phyrexia.

ah blue/green infect :) nothing like a good infect deck. and yea HOLY CRAP those eldrazi are cool.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I still go back and buy Eldrazi packs along with New Phyrexia every now and then. You just can't beat anihilator... plus the spawns come in handy for when you're in a pinch for mana.

Also: have you gotten your hands on Commander yet? I've been meaning to ask someone about it before I go shell out the cash.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
no but since they are only printing it once, DOOOO EEEIIITTTT. i wish I COULD but i cannot. its a great game for casual AND it gives you INSANELY fun cards for even some good constructed decks! look up a few and see what i mean.

Malinari
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I just got into Magic last year after a friend showed me the "Duels of the Planeswalkers" demo on xbox live. It's a great way to introduce someone to the game. Shortly after that I picked up a special issue foil deck of Slivers. I still enjoy playing that deck. even managed to beat my friends Eldrazi deck with it.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I've been reading Magics blogs about the cards and machanics, It does look pretty darn epic, I like the wedge stuff too. I've only ever played mono and duo colored decks. Never done a Wedge. So yeah, I think I'm going to have to get it now.... lol

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
you better! :)

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Heh, I'll see if I can pick em up tomorrow.

Why exactly can't you? Reach your Magic budget for the month like I do?

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
yea. im 15 so money isnt the easiest to come by lol. BUT hopefully someone will buy my old yu gi oh cards soon.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
OH! BTW i havent posted what deck I use. i use a white/green artifact aggro deck, and im working on it to make it a 5-color deck.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Ah, I feel your pain. I'm only 17. I have a very eratic money flow so most of my cash either goes to Magic, pen and paper games, or books. So I either get Commander or get Outbreak: Undead. Its a tough decision... lol

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
just get commander and you can join the Outbreak undead forum (linked in my sig) and you WONT need the book! well when we get it going and started at least.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Artifact aggro, that is some touch stuff, I stick to infect because its basically red black in the simplicity

Malinari
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I have outbreak undead and I am enjoying running it, but it will be in print longer than commander will. In addition since it is a first edition of the game it doesn't yet seem as smooth as other systems I've tried.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I have outbreak undead and I am enjoying running it, but it will be in print longer than commander will. In addition since it is a first edition of the game it doesn't yet seem as smooth as other systems I've tried.

Hmm you have a good point... My friends are horrible nerds but I've been trying to help them and everyone has a zombie plan so thats why I want to get in on OU.

So yeah, gonna go out and get Commander, thatnks for the advice guys/gals (I'm new so I don't wanna get someones gender wrong)

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Hmm you have a good point... My friends are horrible nerds but I've been trying to help them and everyone has a zombie plan so thats why I want to get in on OU.

So yeah, gonna go out and get Commander, thatnks for the advice guys/gals (I'm new so I don't wanna get someones gender wrong) nah im a guy and PLEASE both of you join the online campaign!

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I can't seem to find it in the gaming section, is it hiding or somthing?

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
click the link in my signature! :)

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
It just keeps sending me here lol

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
The one for OU?

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Theres only one and it seems to be for the magic thread

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well thats odd. i have two in my signature. odd

Malinari
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm in chrome and I can't find a link, just the text.

Malinari
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Wait, I see the "say hey" at the end of the second one, but that seems to be all.

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Cool, looks like its back

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
can you see it now?

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
can you see it now?

Yep

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Woo!

Malinari
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, there it is. I'll go through it in a bit. :)

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Thats great!

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Oh and i got the commander deck counterpunch for all who care lol

Waldo Butters
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
How does it look? Haven't picked it up yet.

Meeks
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Though I haven't read much of this thread... goblin deck ftw. 1 red land can spawn 30984239048. Though they're low in life, they get out fast and do lots of damage real quick.

Waldo Butters
Jun 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Though I haven't read much of this thread... goblin deck ftw. 1 red land can spawn 30984239048. Though they're low in life, they get out fast and do lots of damage real quick.

Oooh, very nice. I've played against a deck like that, it's a real bitch to beat....

Mikeyd2tall
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Though I haven't read much of this thread... goblin deck ftw. 1 red land can spawn 30984239048. Though they're low in life, they get out fast and do lots of damage real quick. goblins are VERY buggery

Hellbringer
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I used to run a golbin/ big creature deck for multiplayer back in the day. I used the goblins as cannon fodder until I got big guys like giants and dragons out on the field to lay the smackdown. The goblins were quick to come out and helped bide time in conjunction with the typical damage spells.

Grognaurd
Jul 15th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Anyone want to buy some old cards? When I say old I mean Unlimited. YOu all probably wont believe it, but it is the God's hoest truth that I have five or six unlilmited black lotuses. They are real and not counterfit because I got them in unlimited when a Sera Angel was more in demand that a mox or lotus. I have many other cards of that caliber...

Hellbringer
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Anyone want to buy some old cards? When I say old I mean Unlimited. YOu all probably wont believe it, but it is the God's hoest truth that I have five or six unlilmited black lotuses. They are real and not counterfit because I got them in unlimited when a Sera Angel was more in demand that a mox or lotus. I have many other cards of that caliber...

I came onboard during the Ice Age block so I remember getting the beat down from several Sera Angels. Oh, those were the days....

MrScott101
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I haven't played the card game since oh about 15-20 years ago (yes it's been out that long), but I've recently got into the ps3 ones I have both planeswalkers and those are every bit addictive and cost a ton less. I remember a friend building a $5k deck based on the black lotus. My best cards back then was a time warp doppleganger deck blue and red. counter spells instant firebolts and quick creatures. I'd copy the strongest creature, take him out, give myself another turn and take out my opponents.

I loved playing a rat vampire all black deck with a couple Nightmares but that deck usually didn't win very often. Then again that was my first deck and my older friends were just giving me common cards.

Jorch72
Jan 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah!!! Magic Rules!!!
I love black!, but every color has great cards.
I have 5 decks that I use, a Stax, a UB Faery, a Prosper Bloom, Tooth and Nail, and a Zombie Dredge.
For all you fans, there are a lot of free Magic games that let you play Magic on the computer, 2 of the best are Magic Forge and Deck Arena (these 2 are for single player).
But I have about 6 more, let me know if anyone wants them (they are free after all) or need help.