PDA

View Full Version : The Yacht

OsO
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Is no one else suspicious of the fact that the yacht magically appeared? I meant that's a huge feat for some random yacht to float away from its moorings and end up within a good distance from the dock. When i first heard it i thought like Michael did that it was a group of survivors that were surviving of the ocean. From hearing the description of the boat it more then likely had a small desalinization system which is probably where the fresh NON stagnant water came from. Plus they said they're was the possibility that it could be towing a smaller boat for on shore excursion, more then likely a Zodiac or something similar. I honestly believe that they're probably was at minimum 2 survivors, maybe more. I wouldn't mind getting some closer on that, Anyone else thinking like I am?

Bravo Team Leader
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yea the yacht was kinda odd being right there the same time they where.

GD_Elite
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Someone is gonna be annoyed. They hopped onto another boat to go to shore to search for more supplies, and when they came back, they saw that somebody had crashed it and half sunk it.

But joking aside, if there were people on it who were going off to get supplies, you wouldn't leave it moving. I doubt it would have an anchor, but you wouldn't leave it floating on its own.

Banvillin
Jun 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I choose to believe that NOTHING in this world is a coincidence and yes, this yacht appearing is very suspicious. Remember that Kelly remained ashore while Michael and Pegs went aboard then they...

nikvoodoo
Jun 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I like you train of thought banvillin, but here's my question: How do the mallers know where M/P/K are? How do they know where on the hundreds of miles of coast line which beach house they spent the night at?

ClearSights
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Have you ever considered that this was another zombie trap? Right when Pegs and Michael got to the boat they thought there was something under the water, perhaps the zombies were smart enough to know this could be used as a trap or ambush point.

But to go against my first point, if this was a trap or ambush point you would think the zombies would of made it so they could get on the boat. Anyways, im just throwing that idea out there. I wouldn't put anything past the zombies at this point.

Osiris
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Seems like a stretch to implicate Scratch in the yacht fiasco. Mike pranged it. Why would they have given them the opportunity for a free vessel? That makes little sense. However, someone else coming ashore to scavenge supplies... now that's something to consider. Where Kelly buggered off to, that's questionable, but I'm off the Kelly hatewagon and on the Riley hatewagon. Riley sucks. That, however, has nothing to do with any of this. My only question is, why wouldn't they just write the damn boat into a few episodes so that Mike could have pimped around in it for at least a day. Maybe done a little recon along the coast.

It DID finally answer the question: Are zombies afraid of water?

Banvillin
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I had thought that the lights would have given away their position but going back and listening, they were very careful to block out all the windows and keep the light in. It maybe a stretch to think that the Mallers were could have found them but in Kelly's transmission with Burt, she "gives away her position" by telling him that the waves are the noise in the background. If Scratch was listening, she can identify Kelly's voice and Burt did call her by name to confirm it. That may have been all they needed to go scan the coast with a pair of binoculars and spot them bathing.
It's not entirely impossible. Mostly when I hear Kc put something so blatant as "don't give away your position" it stands out to me as a significant point of interest.

Blood & Ice Cream
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:01 PM
somebody else previously mentioned the nautical flag 'foxtrot' was being displayed on the yacht, along with a flag that looked like the american flag

http://www.marinewaypoints.com/learn/flags/foxtrot.gif

the international flag code "I am disabled; communicate with me"

then when the yacht started up the engine sounded okay, but when they started moving its sounded as if something was caught in the propeller - micheal thought that it may be the zombies in the water that were getting caught in the propellor

Grognaurd
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Nice catch, Blood! I did not know about the disabled part of the meaning.