PDA

View Full Version : take me to the hospital

7oddisdead
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Soon...we are going to get some exploration of the hospital. Without too much speculation , we know that its in one of the more dangerous areas. Some of the nastiest of nasty are there. So what could we expect to find there if they actually send a team to try and make it up to the roof from the ground floor? (All l4d references aside).. Could whatever the zombie virus is mutate itself when it comes into contact with say....a cancer patient?... what could we actually find within the hospital?

Creem_Filling
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I imagine there would be some really tough guys, some we've never even seen or heard of. But also a lot of flooks. Like they had so much exposure to the virus, there bodies are just disformed globs, or maybe their minds are just saw gone and their bodies just scrambled messes. Who knows what this virus can do if it can make behemeths and jumpers. But also, there were doctors at the hospitals, so that could be bad. Imagine a super mutated smart zombie, that would be the worst thing you could encounter.

Heyyouinthebushes
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I think Creem_Filling hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure the big issue is that there will be new zombies (though I wouldn't be surprised to encounter them). The big concern easily comes down to the 'smart in life, smart in undeath' situation. Working their way through the hospital could be a room by room, floor by floor romp through higher "intelligent" zombies. Nightmare if there ever was one.

yarri
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I say if their smart they forget the hospitals and look for goodies such as meds and other things in the pharmacies around town. Hospitals are designed to be like fortresses to withstand a great many things. If they go in I don't see them coming out intact.

Hellbringer
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Could you imagine a scout team checking out the hospital and seeing one of the smart ones trying to himself a flu shot? Totally off of character for the story, but hilarious (to me) none the less.

Grognaurd
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Skittles says stay away from hospitals and bookstores. I even think at the breakfast meeting Burt said they tried to get to some hospital and it was too hot with zombie activity.

With the whole smarter in life thing they should hit the fallout shelters at city hall. Even if a zombie comes to eat them, they can say look over there and the zombie probably would. Kick him in the butt and move on

Wicked Sid
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Could you imagine a scout team checking out the hospital and seeing one of the smart ones trying to himself a flu shot? Totally off of character for the story, but hilarious (to me) none the less.

What about seeing one trying to perform experiments? Having a normal strapped down and sending him through a PET scanner or something. Reminds me of Gremlins (Movie).

7oddisdead
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Here's my current thinking....we have a chopper at lax and one at the hospital...they are working on the one at lax. Get it flying and fly to the roof of hospital for the other one. Now, what if they can't get the one at lax repaired? Or worse yet,..get the repairs made..fly toward the hospital only to have the hydralics go out in the air...land at the hospital and find that that one is broken winged as well, then have to fight their way out of the hospital....

Bravo Team Leader
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Everybody knows the hospital is the worst place to go in the middle of the apocalypse.

yarri
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
What about seeing one trying to perform experiments? Having a normal strapped down and sending him through a PET scanner or something. Reminds me of Gremlins (Movie).

If they are able to "think" out traps for normals. I wouldn't be shocked to see them playing with normals at the hospital.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Here's what I'd do. <br />
Take 3 fire teams. 2 for search and clearing, one for overwatch/security. Since they only have 20 something people, you'd have to be creative with the team make up. <br />
<br />
Alpha...

Don Man
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I think Ink will be there

Grognaurd
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Crowbar, it looks tactically solid if resistance approaching the hospital is non-existent. But, I am not sure I want to get into close quarter combat with that many noobs. Muzzle disciplin is going to be a huge problem.

I would feint an aerial insertion to observe the reaction. We have to recon at least by binocular to see the overt condition of the life lift. Maybe pull the checklist lap sheet or whatever pilots have. It is going to need electrical power for the battery. That almost ensures two trips unless those batteries are standardized.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I think as a supply run it's a one and done. You're not going back so you get what you can as fast as you can and as quite as you can.
You hit it in the morning also.
Sorry, but I must have missed something Arthur. Where'd the air assault come in? I need to read Yarri's first comment again.
But, keeping with your theme. If they do air insert, who's rappeling? They'd have to train. Actually, NM. They could land if the helo pad is near the main body of the hospital.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Crowbar, it looks tactically solid if resistance approaching the hospital is non-existent. But, I am not sure I want to get into close quarter combat with that many noobs. Muzzle disciplin is going to be a huge problem.

I would feint an aerial insertion to observe the reaction. We have to recon at least by binocular to see the overt condition of the life lift. Maybe pull the checklist lap sheet or whatever pilots have. It is going to need electrical power for the battery. That almost ensures two trips unless those batteries are standardized.

oh yah, resistance is why the hummer is set up outside. fiddy cal with the saw and whatever nasty things they get from Burt's stash.

Grognaurd
Jun 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Yea, I was considering the landing pad to examine the copter. I am not interested in anything in the hospital. There is nonthing there that is required. They will be at the fort and have all the supplies they need or they are SOL.

If they have to fight their way to the hospital there is no way to get back out again. At best we are looking at Black Hawk Down with the non-armored convoy or a remake of Butch Cassiday and the Sundance Kid.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Art,

One thing I thought about with a Helo is that they're LOUD! They'd draw all the creatures to them. Which isn't a bad thing actually. Fuel permitted. I'd make as much noise on the roof as possible. Then as the creatures flood onto the top floor start peppering them with molotovs and hot lead all from the safety of the sky.
I would have dropped off a team or two a block over and had them wait for a signal. Once the fun started they'd enter the building and be able to look around longer.
If they had walkie talkies, they could talk with Tonya in the chopper (hard because of the noise from the chopper and the fighting) and she could coordinate what's useful and what isn't.

Grognaurd
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM
That is a pretty good idea and could be practiced once to see how well the helo pulls the attention of the zombies. It would probably do a good job to prevent zombie reinforcements. But, I am not sure how effective it would be to get the zombies inside the hospital. Maybe there are only smart ones there. But, you are asking normal zombies to detect the sound above them, see the sound maker a couple of blocks away and head downstairs. It might be a bit much for the average zombie. The behavior we have observed is they run to the sound. They do not have the cognitive ability to run to where the sound will be.

Depending on the location, Tonya could stay at the tower with the Helo functioning as a repeater to improve range. I would use what was saved in lift capacity to have a 55gallon Drum of Fun for our friends the zombies. But, the first priority is the other chopper. Hospital supplies are a secondary objective.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM
That is a pretty good idea and could be practiced once to see how well the helo pulls the attention of the zombies. It would probably do a good job to prevent zombie reinforcements. But, I am not sure how effective it would be to get the zombies inside the hospital. Maybe there are only smart ones there. But, you are asking normal zombies to detect the sound above them, see the sound maker a couple of blocks away and head downstairs. It might be a bit much for the average zombie. The behavior we have observed is they run to the sound. They do not have the cognitive ability to run to where the sound will be.

Depending on the location, Tonya could stay at the tower with the Helo functioning as a repeater to improve range. I would use what was saved in lift capacity to have a 55gallon Drum of Fun for our friends the zombies. But, the first priority is the other chopper. Hospital supplies are a secondary objective.

Dun, dun duuunnnnn!
Well, from the start of the outbreak sound was the main thing that drew them in. Smell is secondary to drawing attention, but 1st in finding where you're hiding. They've evolved from the ones that pulled MR. honk from his car and the ones drawn to the alarm, but i'm pretty sure a big ass whirly bird would draw even the smart ones from the hospital. They still have to fight their new instincts after all. Here's something to think about, they could use a bottle of funk to draw them out.

ClearSights
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I dont have much to contribute but to say I cannot wait till they get to the hospital. Something about hospitals are extremely creepy to me, even as the are now. So with the added zombies I will highly enjoy it

zombie sniper
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
they could use the choper that they already have and mount the .50 in the back and have Angel,Micheal and Datu fix the choper with burt/saul on the .50 cal for cover fire while the helo circles the building. Burt/Saul if the get saul first. this way Pegs could watch and help fly the choper. they would also have to bring extra fuel for the other bird incase its dry. does that make any sense?

Fishie
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
They'd have to land the chopper for refuelling though, wouldn't they? They'd only be able to do it in the air if the other one had enough fuel to begin with, which is unlikely.

The warning from Skittles a few chapters ago to stay away from hospitals is definitely foreshadowing, nothing good will come of it. Considering it is so near the end of the season, I think that the last chapter will be a big showdown in the hospital

zombie sniper
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I mean if the one at the hospital is dry. I would guess that they would fill up before they go to the hospital.

AMcJV12
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Well, it looks like pretty much everyone agrees there is gonna be some sort of zombie trouble. What i'll be interested to see is if it comes from inside (super smart zombie docs? First wave victims reanimated?) or outside (normal zombies attracted to the sound of the helo?) the hospital. Or both. And then how the tower deals with it. All of the ideas posted on this thread seem like good ones. Maybe we'll get to see them implemented.

TASM
Jan 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
After listening to the hospital scene, there is definitely much more to see in that place. The description Burt gave while entering was like something out of Resident Evil. Plus them entering the room where the Man in the Pinstripe Suit was (with the needles and fingernails all over the place) just opens too many possibilities of what can go on inside of that place.

I think also of the fact that if the smarter you are in life, the smarter you are dead, then the crazier you are in life, the crazier, more maniacal and hard to stop you are dead. The hospital had its psych ward... some of these people need to be strapped with straight jackets to be contained. How would they be in zombie version?

Godsendunlimited
Jan 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I was thinking that the mental hospital is the new hive. The maulers did blow up the arena, and when the horde was coming they were carrying bodies. So why bring all your food to a fight? They were probably moving and heard the gang. My other theory is that it is a separate hive, but I am leaning to the first.