nikvoodoo
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM
shovel:)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Lol

Ra1th
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM
You guys should totally play a drinking game and take a shot every time I say "like" I guarantee you'll die before the 20 minute mark.

Kc
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
shovel:) ~~~~~~waterbottle:)

AdrianHD
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Nik... I want to make a soundboard, starting with your laugh at the Pippin death clip.

timberwoof
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM
lol

Leedo2502
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Just a note... Saul isn't a medic he's an Infantryman that I'm assuming went to Combat Life Saver Course.

And I totally wouldn't dis Angel if he went off half cocked like Saul to find Riley if the roles were reversed... Love is Love

Ra1th
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Just a note... Saul isn't a medic he's an Infantryman that I'm assuming went to Combat Life Saver Course.

And I totally wouldn't dis Angel if he went off half cocked like Saul to find Riley if the roles were reversed... Love is Love

You're special, I just mean in general

Pikepaw
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I think Saul running off like that was a dick move, but I understand being irrational, especially for a girl

nikvoodoo
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:20 PM
yeah I realized after I said what I said it's understandable. What was that line of the Merovingian's from the Matrix Revolutions? "It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity."

I do understand why he went off running after her, but it is 100% a dick move especially since he would be able to fly and get an overhead view (in theory) soon.

Creem_Filling
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I really, like, loved this episode.

Lol. I jest Ra1th, the only reason I noticed it is becasue you pointed it out. The word is like a ninja in your sentances, barely noticable to me.

Ra1th
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I'm glad the opinion of the masses are starting to "like" change.

Pikepaw
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Oh by the way, I want to play the "like" drinking game. I can only hear it if I listen for it. Of course, I won't survive, especially with how I respond to alcohol

AdrianHD
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Alrighty, so... my 360 is currently out of commission, therefor I am bored with nothing better to do. I downloaded a counter app on my iPhone and proceeded to count every time Ra1th said "like" (excluding "likable"). The total count was 188, give or take a few because he was cut off a few times and may have said it and because I was eating in the process of listening.

Doing the math here: excluding the 25 second intro and the minute and a half or so Pippin outtakes, that leaves us with a podcast of 1 hour and 29 seconds. So we'll just round that down to an even hour. After all of that, Ra1th says "like" on average 3.13 times each minute. Or, about once every 20 seconds.

Sooooo... the drinking game should be taken with extreme caution. Unless it's the first 10 minutes, in which he says "like" only once.

Ra1th
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Alrighty, so... my 360 is currently out of commission, therefor I am bored with nothing better to do. I downloaded a counter app on my iPhone and proceeded to count every time Ra1th said "like" (excluding "likable"). The total count was 188, give or take a few because he was cut off a few times and may have said it and because I was eating in the process of listening.

Doing the math here: excluding the 25 second intro and the minute and a half or so Pippin outtakes, that leaves us with a podcast of 1 hour and 29 seconds. So we'll just round that down to an even hour. After all of that, Ra1th says "like" on average 3.13 times each minute. Or, about once every 20 seconds.

Sooooo... the drinking game should be taken with extreme caution. Unless it's the first 10 minutes, in which he says "like" only once.

LOOL Ohhhh man I'm gonna work on cutting that down to somewhere around 2.35 likes a minute. That seems like a reasonable goal hahahahahaa

AdrianHD
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I look forward to your progress =P

Magrat
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Was walking in the rain when you referenced my q to kc. I giggled like a madman & scared some passersby!
Enjoyed the predictions, the rivalry and sillyness. Can't wait for next weeks podcast!

Ra1th, there was only one time when your love of 'like' became obvious (and therefore a tad jarring) and that was somewhere during the predictions when you got a bit antsy about saul (pre-saul rant). Other than that, it faded into the background. But it was still funny (funny haha) to hear you mention it towards the end of the 'cast!

Keep up the stellar work! (You've convinced me to come check out the voodoo lounge!) Would love to appear on the podcast at a future point, but then wouldn't we all?

Cheers from Down Under,
Magrat.

Coolluck
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Personally, I don't think that the recaps are necessary. They just slow things down, and the people that are interested in this podcast would have already listened to the episode. Discussing key points with multiple theories attached to it is great and I always want to see more of that. If anything, I believe that this podcast should be divided into segments. Britt and Greg work for interviews and riffing, but not discussions. nikvoodoo and Ra1th should head up that area.

The idea that a character is redeemed, and then dies soon afterwards is common. Now, while a lot of the ones we've been dealing with have not been shown to be anything much worse than a dick, this doesn't change things. Character development is character development. It would be a different story if some previously nameless character was being developed.

Pikepaw
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks for looking out for me man. I shall only go through and listen really hard for them away from alcohol

Ra1th
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Personally, I don't think that the recaps are necessary. They just slow things down, and the people that are interested in this podcast would have already listened to the episode. Discussing key points with multiple theories attached to it is great and I always want to see more of that. If anything, I believe that this podcast should be divided into segments. Britt and Greg work for interviews and riffing, but not discussions. nikvoodoo and Ra1th should head up that area.

The idea that a character is redeemed, and then dies soon afterwards is common. Now, while a lot of the ones we've been dealing with have not been shown to be anything much worse than a dick, this doesn't change things. Character development is character development. It would be a different story if some previously nameless character was being developed.

The main reason for the recaps is to remind the podcast people of what happened that week on the episode. I mean even though we listen to the episode right before we go on the podcast, it's still nice to have it all brought up during the podcast just to remind you of everything that happened so there wont be any, wait did that really happen? moments

cupcakezombie
Jun 13th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I like the recaps. They mean that you are more likely to address points that have come up from the episode. Most of the new stuff that has come up each time are going to relate the actual episode as well, so having them in context is great.

Britt
Jun 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM

I see what you're saying, but the recaps need to be in there...especially for those that don't listen to WND right after the newest episode of We're Alive. Months down the road, are you going to remember what specifically happened in 22-1? If not, WND wouldn't be as enjoyable because you can't remember what events took place, and therefore and can't relate to the discussions. Does that make sense?

Also, you're not the first person to say (in a roundabout way) that we (being Greg and I) should talk more. I personally back off a bit because I want the guests to get their fair share of time on the show, but I'll make an effort to blab more ;)

Thanks for your input!

Creem_Filling
Jun 13th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Britt, I thought it might interest you to know that I'm about to beat Dragon Age Origins for the first time. With your advice and my friends taking over to set my other players skills and tactics, it was rather easy.

Back to the thread. I like the recaps because I sometimes don't pay attention during the We're Alive podcast, and Britt points at things that I missed. And I have said before that I wish Britt and Greg would talk more, but I do understand that they're on every week, while the guests only have one hours, so sometimes it's best to give the guests a little bit more time.

I just beat the game... Allistair broke my heart! Damn it, if I weren't a Dalish Elf, my heart would be in such a fragile state. Otherwise awesome ending. Thanks for getting me back into the game Britt.

Magrat
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I love the recaps, I love the semi-segmented nature (both for it's segmentation & it's not-strictly-structured feel) & really enjoy the way it just tumbles together. I've listened to podcasts where they have clearly defined segments & clear starts & ends & have found myself enjoying the more rambly/conversational ones which happily throw segments out the window when something interesting comes about (ie @nerdist casts & WND). I hope you keep this feel going & don't get bogged down in too much structure!

Cheers,
Magrat.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Although I do like the theory that there is a sound device causing the nausia in the area of Ground Zero, I have to wonder how it's being powered. That and I'm concerned that it would only explain the situation in L.A., unless there are sound devices in all major cities across the US.

I still favor the idea that it's an alien introduced outbreak. Ground Zero could be the site of an alien spacecraft. Sounds a bit crazy I know, but just imagine that there were multiple ships that landed in all major cities in the US, possibly around the world, and they released some sort of virus. Maybe it's not airborne, but actually travels in some unknown way, like a radio wave that affects the genetic make-up. I dunno about the details really, but I'm planting my flag in an alien theory. Who knows, maybe later in the story they'll come across a survivor who lived in Englewood and said they saw a craft descending from the sky?

@ Ra1th, I don't really believe it is any of Sauls concern whether or not anyone follows him. He's tried time and time again to tell people that his only concern is to go after Lizzy, but no one seems to put that as thier top priority the way he does. If Burt wants to follow and ends up dying for it, oh well. Nothing concerns him more than finding her. And to be quite honest, if it were Angel going in search of Riley, I WOULD completely understand. I'm a foolish romantic, and even if Riley turns out to be a lesbian (pretty sure she is) it would still be completely understandable if Angel took off on his own to rescue her. The two have been through hell and high water together. Kalani might be crazy enough to go with him (the way Burt may go after Saul) but I think Angel's only concern at that point would be to get Riley back. He's developed into someone who doesn't always put the mission at the forefront. He thinks big picture but sometimes acts for the individual (ex; he could have left Kalani's fat ass to get eaten by a Behemoth and fixed the truck tire, but instead he chose to stand and fight, against hopeless odds. It was a stupid move, but it was a good one none the less). To call Saul stupid is a bit extreme. It would be more accurate to say wreckless, passionate, or foolish, but stupid is to say that he does't know the consequences of his actions. I think he does know exactly what the consequences could be, he just doesn't give a shit because he is guided by passion.

Oh, and my theory about the shooter/rat hijacking the helicopter was a pretty unthough-out notion. I think when I mentioned it, it was spurred by a sugar rush and a brain fart. I don't really foresee it playing out like that. But the helicopters being split up...yeah. I totally agree that Angel and Kalani will be on the same chopper. Your blonde boy-o might get a shot to lead!

Oh, and I believe that you may be right about Saul not disabling the vehicles. Not only would that be a dick move that could potentially get people killed, but also because you are right in saying, what are they going to do to stop him?

Anywho, great podcast guys and gal! I really enjoyed the new in-depth recap. Kudos nikvoodoo!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jun 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
You guys should totally play a drinking game and take a shot every time I say "like" I guarantee you'll die before the 20 minute mark.

LOL. Ra1th, my man. I actually found myself counting and stopped at around 50. LOL. It's damn near automatic for me because of all the damn speech classes they put us through.

Rock Daddy
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Good stuff guys!

ClearSights
Jun 13th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So I just recently started listening to this podcast after listening to all of we're alive. And I have been listening to it in a weird fashion. I started listening to episode 18 and 17 on my 3 hour car ride home from college and episode 1 and 2 for the ride back up. And then today at work I started at episode 3 and got to episode 7. I really enjoy listening to the older episodes because (unlike some members) I really enjoy the recap of the episode, it kind of helps me get a grip of what you are going to discuss and jog my memory since I haven't listened to the chapter in awhile. Other then that, When listening to it sometimes at work I cant help but laugh out loud at some things. When Greg made the comment about Hope and how when she was put in front of the radio that she could be turning milk caps for all she knew, I found that so funny.

Anyways, Keep up the good work guys, I am looking forward to future episodes. Gotta catch up on the ones out now though. I actually cant wait for work tomorrow so I can listen to episode 9-16!

ComradeNarf
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Given nikvoodoo's brilliant summation of Romeo and Juliet, I really hope there's a podcast in the future where he reviews other classic works! Thanks for always making us laugh, Mr. Voodoo.

shric debar
Jun 14th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I am loving the many sounds of pippins death. i now have a new text message tone on my mobile. Makes me smile cause every time i get a text now i get to hear pippin dying repeatedly. along with having the song slaughter the world as my ringtone. i struggle to see why everybody thinks i'm a psycopath.

Thanks for giving me an awesome new message tone.

Shric

P.S. Nik rules!!!

ClearSights
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I found Pippins death a bit annoying lol

Abracadaver
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hi. New to the forums and dont know where else to post this. I had two thoughts/predictions that I wanted to put out there. First, Pegs is pregnant. She was getting sick way before Victor was affected. Victor didnt get ill until after they stoped and they got out. Also, his reaction was coughing where as pegs had nausea. The second thought/prediction is out there. Riely is the shooter. She and Pipin are actually on a team of international researchers that worked on the project that started the zombie outbreak. She didnt want Pipin to blow her cover so killed him when she heard he came to the tower.

j0be
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Hi. New to the forums and dont know where else to post this. I had two thoughts/predictions that I wanted to put out there. First, Pegs is pregnant. She was getting sick way before Victor was affected. Victor didnt get ill until after they stoped and they got out. Also, his reaction was coughing where as pegs had nausea. The second thought/prediction is out there. Riely is the shooter. She and Pipin are actually on a team of international researchers that worked on the project that started the zombie outbreak. She didnt want Pipin to blow her cover so killed him when she heard he came to the tower.

Welcome to the forum! Also, this is an okay place to put it, but I would advise putting it in the theories board next time. Since it was relevant to what WND discussed in the episode, I'll let it be.

ClearSights
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I believe that there is a 100% chance that Saul does not tamper or disable the vehicles.

ClearSights
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hah, I was kinda doing vodoo's percentage thing there, not being ignorant or anything. But theres no evidence yet that the vehicals were tampered with yet at all.

Ra1th
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Good show guys!

I semi-agree with Nick's theory that Saul could disable the vehicles, but just to buy himself some headstart, it's not necessary but it could have been done without the alarming consequences tha Ra1th pictured (a loose battery contact takes a minute to fix but that's enough to get away).

A minute can make all the difference in the world in the zombie world

nikvoodoo
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
A minute can make all the difference in the world in the zombie world

And it could also make the difference in making a clean get away and getting caught from behind before you are even 1/4 of a mile down the tarmac.

Ra1th
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
And it could also make the difference in making a clean get away and getting caught from behind before you are even 1/4 of a mile down the tarmac.

worth getting your friends killed for a chance at searching for his ex girlfriend in one of the biggest cities in the world? Just sayin, I don't care if he does it or not, honestly if he does do it, then it'll only strengthen my case that he's a giant risk to everyone around him.

Britt
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:32 PM
worth getting your friends killed for a chance at searching for his ex girlfriend in one of the biggest cities in the world? Just sayin, I don't care if he does it or not, honestly if he does do it, then it'll only strengthen my case that he's a giant risk to everyone around him.

SEE RA1TH! You can spell out a sentence without saying LIKE!

ClearSights
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Liz is Saul's ex girlfriend? I thought it was his current

yarri
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM

ex girlfriend?

Ra1th
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
current I meant current. I dont even know where that ex thing came from

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Haha Ra1th fail. hehe. also i would like to "complain" about nik misquoting michael. nik said michael described saul as "a loose canon and we might as well direct his energies" he didn't say that what he said was "we might as well direct his fire". just thought i'd throw that out there.

where's my whisky. i'm so totally gonna do this drinking game.

nikvoodoo
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Haha Ra1th fail. hehe. also i would like to "complain" about nik misquoting michael. nik said michael described saul as "a loose canon and we might as well direct his energies" he didn't say that what he said was "we might as well direct his fire". just thought i'd throw that out there.

Yeah I knew I didn't get it right. But for pulling the quote out of midair and not having it prepped in my notes, I'm rather proud of how close I got. So :p to you! ;)

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah I knew I didn't get it right. But for pulling the quote out of midair and not having it prepped in my notes, I'm rather proud of that. So :p to you! ;)

hehe i know. i just wanted to feel like an úber-nerd for once. i normally can't do that level of detail of fandom but for some reason i happened to notice it and i wanted my 5 mins of supernerd. lol

yarri
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
current I meant current. I dont even know where that ex thing came from

ex as in dead is most likely where your brain was taking that.

nikvoodoo
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
hehe i know. i just wanted to feel like an úber-nerd for once. i normally can't do that level of detail of fandom but for some reason i happened to notice it and i wanted my 5 mins of supernerd. lol

*looking at watch* You got 4 minutes and 12 seconds remaining.

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
*looking at watch* You got 4 minutes and 12 seconds remaining.

WOO HOO!!!! more úber-nerd. umm.... you've put me on the spot now :s

oh yeah i can haz next episode now plz? i'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms

Britt
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
This is an off week, sorry buddy!

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
This is an off week, sorry buddy!

BOOO!!!! no fair. what am i supposed to do to get my fix. oh well time to listen to back episodes.

StepLaugh
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I also enjoyed this episode, the only thing wrong with it for me was the audio levels. ra1th's sounds were lower and harder to hear than Britt and Nik's. But then again, it might just be me.

Ra1th
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:42 PM
nah, I heard it too, I was a lot a quieter, but that might be because of my mic or something, I'm not sure

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:53 AM
nah, I heard it too, I was a lot a quieter, but that might be because of my mic or something, I'm not sure

Really? Huh. My headphones had you all at the same volume. Silly headphones...

MrScott101
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
BTW it was me bugging you about saying "Like" too much, I was razzin ya about it in the chatbox!

ryanlm09
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I've been catching up on these, I'm listening to ep. 12 now. Strangely, I enjoy listening to this podcast while working in the garden.

2riskis2live
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Im starting wonder when the two guest host are actually gonna fight.

nikvoodoo
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Im starting wonder when the two guest host are actually gonna fight.

there's a few thousand miles between us. If you really want to get a precursor to any sort of altercation between Ra1th and myself, just look around for an anti-Angel thread. You'll see us butting heads there.

2riskis2live
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I prefer listening to the theories rather than the bickering.

Ra1th
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM
peanut butter and chocolate. some like chocolate, some like peanut butter. Some like peanut butter and chocolate. Best solution is to have a good bit of everything

Drew227598
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM

I don't think Saul is just an infantryman (11B) with his CLS course. I have taken that course and it doesn't teach as much as he knows, KC can correct me if I am wrong but I would guess he is a 68W. Now what would have been really cool is if KC made him an 18D which is an Special Forces Medic but then again that would have added a whole new twist on the story.

Pikepaw
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
If I arranged the circumstances for Ra1th and NikVoodoo to meet would you two engage in hand-to-hand combat for my enjoyment?

ClearSights
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
I believe that there is a 100% chance that Saul does not tamper or disable the vehicles.

I win!

j0be
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
I win!

There's still 2 more parts. :D
Maybe, just maybe it might happen.

2riskis2live
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
I can also backup what Drew227598 says the cls course would not teach the different things that Saul knows. I too have taken this course. O and Drew the 18D SF thing would've been kinda sweet. KC could make him Delta. Those guys are supposed be secret even to their compadres from what I hear.

Leedo2502
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
I don't think Saul is just an infantryman (11B) with his CLS course. I have taken that course and it doesn't teach as much as he knows, KC can correct me if I am wrong but I would guess he is a 68W. Now what would have been really cool is if KC made him an 18D which is an Special Forces Medic but then again that would have added a whole new twist on the story.

I'm not going to go back and listen again but I'm prety sure in like the first few episodes Mike talks about Saul being Infantry. That being said there are no Combat Arms in the Reserves (so no Infantry) so sure he might have reclassed. Or more likely KC took a little license and made CLS a little more high-speed than it really is (I took CLS like 10 years ago and took it again before our Iraq deployment and the two courses were totally different but yeah there wasn't much on setting bones and whatnot LOL)