PDA

View Full Version : Spyparty

j0be
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Spyparty is a great game that is being developed by a previous head of Maxis. (Makers of Sims, Spore, etc.) The game looks to be an awesome take on multiplayer gaming. Rather than your normal competition, Spyparty creates a unique gameplay element in the act of remaining subtle.

http://cdn.spyparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/line-forms-here.jpg

In Spyparty, you can play as either the spy or the sniper.
The sniper sits outside of the building looking in at the party. Their goal is to determine the identity of the spy, and to take them out.
The spy has a set of tasks to do, all while under the watchful eye of the sniper. The only real tool at your disposal is the crowd. You must blend in and appear to be one of the normal party goers, while still completing your tasks.

You can find some more information about Spyparty at spyparty.com (http://spyparty.com).

The game does not have a set release date as of yet, but still looks very promising to me. :D

Ra1th
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
if this is another damn ps3 exclusive I'm going to cry...

j0be
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM
if this is another damn ps3 exclusive I'm going to cry...

Chris Hecker, (the indie dev), plans on releasing this across: Wii U, PS3, Xbox360, Steam, and Linux

Ra1th
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Chris Hecker, (the indie dev), plans on releasing this across: Wii U, PS3, Xbox360, Steam, and Linux

wooohooo! Nowadays I always have to double check before I get too excited about a game because ps3 has soo many exclusives. Watching the sony press conference made me wanna cry. Uncharted, Infamous, Sly Cooper. aaararljkaswoldihgaodsihfaposdjfa;lsdkjflpaskdhjva lkdfj

j0be
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
wooohooo! Nowadays I always have to double check before I get too excited about a game because ps3 has soo many exclusives. Watching the sony press conference made me wanna cry. Uncharted, Infamous, Sly Cooper. aaararljkaswoldihgaodsihfaposdjfa;lsdkjflpaskdhjva lkdfj

Lol. The release is still a bit off though. He's thinking somewhere in 2013

Hellbringer
Jun 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM

Sony needs to people to focus on the exclusives because of the recent attacks to their network. If they can't get people's minds turned to something else, all anyone would talk about would be how the PSN was down for almost a month and how hackers were able to get personal information.

Microsoft can pull exclusives just like Sony did, but I don't think they needed to state all their exclusives for the same reason as Sony. Besides, Microsoft will probably pull the DLC exclusivity deals like they have in the past for games like Modern Warfare and Mass Effect 2.

And yes, before anyone asks, I did feel sorry for Sony after a while when the network went down. I felt sorry for the PS gamers themselves almost immediately, though.

j0be
Jun 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
By the way I hate time release addons on any platform

smalls kenobi
Jun 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Microsoft can pull exclusives just like Sony did, but I don't think they needed to state all their exclusives for the same reason as Sony. Besides, Microsoft will probably pull the DLC exclusivity deals like they have in the past for games like Modern Warfare and Mass Effect 2.

And yes, before anyone asks, I did feel sorry for Sony after a while when the network went down. I felt sorry for the PS gamers themselves almost immediately, though.

all Microsoft has to do is release a new Killer Instinct and/or new Conker game.

smalls kenobi
Jun 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
but yeah, i'm totally down for Spyparty!

Ra1th
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Sony needs to people to focus on the exclusives because of the recent attacks to their network. If they can't get people's minds turned to something else, all anyone would talk about would be how the PSN was down for almost a month and how hackers were able to get personal information.

But that's the thing though, I don't want DLC exclusivity, I want Uncharted and Infamous. Man I'm just on the wrong console right now