PDA

View Full Version : crackpot theories and thoughts

7oddisdead
Jun 8th, 2011, 02:27 AM
So with all the speculation on who's the rat, and what happened at ground zero. I figured why not create a space to truly let your mind wander. Frankly, with such a diverse storyline as this has become, I'm finding it very hard to keep with the facts of what we know within the storyline. My creative brain simply wants to make shit up...(!) so here we go lets take a few facts and create some fiction....

riley did in fact know pippen, she and her girlfriend were camping with him in the canyons ( she is a pro archer,and quite outdoorsy ) when the mallers took Pippin and her girlfriend riley was the one that got away..she made contact before the party and was told if she wanted to ever see her girlfriend again to make contact at the best opportunity,which happened to be the party...now when pippin, a person specifically sent because of that connection...shows up at the tower...she knew what to do..

so there's one, feel free to rip that to shreds or, better yet elaborate on it...ill throw some more out there later.....:zombie:

Grognaurd
Jun 8th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Assumption:
Thief == Rat == Shooter

If this is true, we can eliminate most of the cast. Most were invollved in the Arena while the theft occurred.

Pegs
Kelley
Lizzy -- Although she was not at the Arena, she was not in the tower at the time of the shooting
Steven -- less fullfilling. We have no mystery to solve regarding Theif and Rat, because no actions of Steven can be parsed
Red Shirt -- Even worse than above.

Here is my twist that I have not seen on the forum.

Pegs does not do Guard Duty, because she will not use a gun. SO, she gets double duty in her Garden. If Pegs has never done guard duty before the colony, why would she all of sudden be placed in the rotation?

It is some people's Nature to Talk. Not taking is pure torture. Guard duty is a solo activity. No one to talk to unless one has a radio... 8 ). So, I can see Kelley chatting on the radio. But, as long as I am spreading it, I might as well spread it deep.

1) Although Pippen knows there was a rat. He may not have any idea who it is. If the contact was always over the radio, the mallers may have no idea what the rat looks like. So, it blows Pippen's mind that the person who was so warm and friendly is in fact the rat and about to shoot him.

2) The Mallers did not know Pegs' voice, right? The identifications of people were done by voice. So, if Pegs is never on guard duty they would never hear her voice. This is not as much as a stretch as one may initially think. Imagine the rat in the guard room chatting. Someone else comes to the guard room. The rat better shut the hell up. But, there is a huge risk that the mallers may something over the radio. How does one prevent this? Keep the microphone keyed. If the radio is sending it is not going to recieve. If the radio is sending. Then all the voices in the room are sent to the mallers. The rat says something like Oh, Burt, What are you doing here, your shift is... Blah blah blah. The use of anothers name indicates the rat is no longer alone and it is not safe to speak down.

Art, way out on that flag pole...

7oddisdead
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:38 AM
love the "voice recognition" theory arthur..and that something we havent thought about when it comes to the rat/shooter....so how bout one for the rat is not the shooter?

pegs as the shooter

at the point right before pippins arrival at the tower, kalani had probly already tapped pegs as the second pilot. so pegs already has the weight of that responsiblity on her head, more on that in a sec..so we know that scratch has on excellent ability to remember faces correct? what if pippen was sent to the tower specifically to remind pegs that she is a dead woman, its only a matter of time..pegs would have been described to pippin in physical detail..as thats all scratch really knows of her. so with pippens arraival and the weight of flying the second chopper on her mind....the newly steely cold pegs takes matters into her own hands and takes pippen out....she easily could have had access to the barretta, and to be honest....i believe michael would cover for her....and the twist
their never was a rat durin the war only bill stealing shit, and some red shirt (or kalani) who was on duty prior to tommy checked channel 18....the general use trucker channel and of coarse the mallers were already listening in and they woud also have known what the last freq. used was that way...(that last part is biiiig stretch, but whatev)

7oddisdead
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
art imitates life/life imitates art

so in the beginning, probly quite a while before we come into chapter one, we have ink. mr roberts has quite the group of followers on the internet. friends, associates, ex-coworkers, etc..all of which have one thing in common, zombie apocalypse. how to prepare for it, where to best hold up, all the things we all scheme about and discuss when we just watched that latest movie and see all the terrible plotholes. but,in addition to this he also has friends on the bio industry, one in particular mentions that the head of the bio-engineering dept. may have just stumbled onto the actual virus. THE virus..this of coarse peaks the interest of our antagonist. come to find out a few simple combinations of virus's when exposed to x ray radiation bursts begin to mutate, and mutate and mutate....until you are left with a virus that is as much electicity as it is a cell tissue chop shop so to speak. the spark reanimates the brain, and the brain sends the signal to the shop to build it the best machine it can with whats available....and so long as theres a spark...it will continue to produce

now among the friends of ink there are several he shares this info with. the concensus among them is "if we could actually make this happen, why wouldnt we?" and so a plan is hatched

after some considerable footwork by our bio friend, who happens to work at raydon labs...(!) he acquires the info and numerous samples of the virus. said virus's are sent piece by pieces to our conspirators around the globe. a plan is assembled for the construction of radioactive carbombs that give off a x-ray like flash...(NOTE; i seriously have no idea how this would work, but to fit into this theory i needed radiation presence and x-ray waves to penatrate the skin of the victims). so a simple method of spreading the virus.... be it spread on some rose bushes, to wafted around a crowded shopping center. to dumped into a public water fountain and the virus is spread..but it remains dormant until its exposed to radioactivity,just a nasty flu like virus......que the car bombs....wired to a cell phone...with one phone number on speed dial. the looney bin...

now good ol bill roberts had a little plan up his sleeve, see having around a hundred people across the globe eating out of the palm of your hand is quite the feeling.. a zombie apocalyse is going to put a serious damper on this situation. so if you cant beat em join em right? better yet. lead them.. millions at your beck and call..can you imagine ?
and jus to throw the real twist on all this...skittles was the head of bio-engineering..... he created the virus.....and the place where all of these people who schemed this entire thing first met and started it all......a zombie poscast forum.....

way out there?

trubkir
Jun 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I will ask it here. The first part of episode 1 starts as if Michael is writing his journal. Has the story moved past this point or is the story still in Michael's past?

nikvoodoo
Jun 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I will ask it here. The first part of episode 1 starts as if Michael is writing his journal. Has the story moved past this point or is the story still in Michael's past?

We have no godly idea. We probably won't know until either the narration stops and we are told that the journals are done, or the series ends.

trubkir
Jun 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Well more with the crackpot theories theme. Why is there such a "Geneva Convention" attitude towards dealing with the zombies. I am sure people with combat experience like Michael, Saul and Burt could come up with some dastardly gravity type traps, IED's and so forth to protect the tower. I know they are dealing with a bunch of civilians but the term civilian would no longer exist in my opinion. The lookout structure is totally wrong. There should have been lookouts assigned to watch adjacent rooftops because that is just sound strategy. That way hopefully a "smart" zombie wouldn't be able to assess the tower without having to at least dodge some bullets.

Grognaurd
Jun 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM
It is hard to write intelligent victims.

A good defense in depth with long rifles against an enemy with a limited attack range of three feet and roughly animal cunning intelligence could be pretty dull.

But, we have not seen many attacks. The first occurred pretty early. Then, basically a stealth fighter. Mallers may have triggered any traps before Michael goes all Vercingetorix and calls the zombies to put a ring of attackers around the ring of attackers.

7oddisdead
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
So I've been having a slow week at work. And I decided to restart the series from the beginning..one of the first purposes for this was to look at the different angles one could take when trying to put theories together...but my focus quickly changed to something a bit more outlandish and...fun

before I get to far into this. Let me say; I don't believe this to be what is happening, its simply a fun way to relisten to the series and get a different "perspective" on the whole thing.....
Michael is in a coma, this entire story is in his head. We are listening to him write it down afterwards.....
there's quite a few Easter eggs in the story that would support this as a theory, but its just way to crazy to think its the case....makes for an interesting listen though

Magrat
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:51 PM
One thing that won't get out of my head in regards to the journals is that for now EVERYTHING we have heard has been from one persons journal or the other... but how reliable are the journals? someone else mentioned (in another thread) that if you want to keep something secret you'd just lie in the journal. As we are essentially listening not to the past but to the interpretations of the past dramatized as based on the journal entries, certain elements we've heard/witnessed could have been fictionalized. What really happened to Datu? we don't know. Did he and kalani form a pact while in the clutches of ink? are they working for him? Unlikely. but as we only have the fallible journals to go on, anything is possible when noone else was around to witness it.

7oddisdead
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM
/\ This was my thought behind the prediction of mine that Nik used in the chapter predictions...right now we have Tanya transferring the journals to some form of digital media..if there is any difference between any stories "From the field" she should pick up on it...im thinking more along the lines of someone not having a journal altogether...during my relisten I still have yet to hear any narration from riley or Kalani from a "journal-like" perspective...when both have had the opportunity to give such stories...

Magrat
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:18 PM
/\ This was my thought behind the prediction of mine that Nik used in the chapter predictions...right now we have Tanya transferring the journals to some form of digital media..if there is any difference between any stories "From the field" she should pick up on it...im thinking more along the lines of someone not having a journal altogether...during my relisten I still have yet to hear any narration from riley or Kalani from a "journal-like" perspective...when both have had the opportunity to give such stories...

That would certainly lend credence to the 'riley is the rat' theory... wow the rumors are really stacking up against her!

7oddisdead
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Exactly. . Though I dunno. It seems everybody has a small part that could point fingers at them...

Magrat
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:09 AM
It'd be interesting to see if kc would change things if anyone got too close, or if he's just going to let it run it's course no matter if the arc is properly guessed or not.

7oddisdead
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Well damn....chapter 8 part one opens with exposition from riley...so that blows the journal theory a bit.....but riley does mention that SHE has a baretta as well...hmmmm...and man, is she a drunkard....

7oddisdead
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:21 PM
so I'm on probly my fourth re-listen of season one...without taking the time to site specific examples..there seems something a bit strange about the overall storyline..at times people appear to know more about their fellow tower residents then they should..everyone in some way or another has something incriminating in their past...i guess the point to this little rant/ thought is, we first heard of sauls mom way back in chapter five...we then meet her late into season two. So how many random things that have been said in passing, that we have "perked our ears" to have yet to come to fruition?...couple big things I noticed tonight.

when cleaning up after the first break in of the lobby, datu comments about cleaning up the bodies..." I've had to clean up worse"
when cleaning up after the flowerpot incident, Kelly comments that datu should be used to lifting heavy things..datu replies "what's that supposed to mean?" to me, I took this as she was directly incriminating him...as if she knew he had done this before, pre-outbreak....

another thing to consider is datu came to the states when his brother found him a job over here...would a simple maintance man at an apartment building be job to move all the way to America for? (Perhaps it is...im a bit out of the loop on worldly lifestyles)

I'm not trying to say anything one way or the other about datu, just sighting examples of possible things we could come back to.....todd out

7oddisdead
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Random 7houghts. 6-20

Hhhmmmm a little light reading
HTTP://stereoscopicmicroscopy.com/ants.html

how many things sound familar?

7oddisdead
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:23 AM
Little more reading for ya.....while I build some theories

HTTP://news.mongabay.com/2011/0302-hance_ophiocordyceps.html

very interesting...

7oddisdead
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
And in keeping with the theme

HTTP://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/formic_acid

Human reaction includes nausea,choking,and swelling of throat..

Grognaurd
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
I thought the reason that I considered the subsonics? I will have to check again. I got the impression that they used Scott packs or SCUBA gear and were suit affected. Even a standard vapor mask with activated charcoal should stop this.

But it is a nice tight idea and I may have my facts wrong.

7oddisdead
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Arthur
since you seem to be the only one who is willing to comment on my running rant/blog/thread of interesting(read:nutty) ideas. Here is my take on subsonics

Subsonics would require such a large level of equipment, that I don't see how it would be a viable option within this story...just from the equipment I have..2 15" subs on 2800 actual watts in an SUV. The sound produced from that at say 6hz..the tones low enough to be inaudible produce ZERO sound, but additionally,produce no I'll affects to myself or anyone else for that matter. In researching infrasonic waves, the primary causes were found in LARGE industrial ventilation ducting and surprisingly enough wind power turbines found in cal. And Arizona.. Also a thing to note is, if it were a sub or infrasonic weapon..with the amount of time that has passed. Large structures would be destroyed from the sonic impact..this may or may not be visually noticable....

The acoustical weapon may be a viable option, as tones produced by them are typically above the 2.5 khz range. This is damn near out if the range of human hearing. But,two things would need to occur to get the reaction we saw in victor and pegs; either one hell of a big weapon or they were pretty damn close to it.

And I'm working on the formic acid idea..to many things add up when you start looking at the behaviors of ants..to me its as if the entire story...the zoms the tower the colony the mallers...us as a forum...all of it fits when you view it(and us) as merely ants....todd out

Golden
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I think Victor is a spy for the gatekeeper

Possible Reasons For This

1 He didn't drink the soup

2 He bust into the house Pegs was been kept in just because there was loud music playing

3 Weird the way he was asking about Michael and Pegs relationship (Trying to find out if she could be used as leverage)

7oddisdead
Jun 24th, 2011, 12:52 AM
so a somewhat lesser liked thought around here has been kalani and datu working together as dual rats. Here's some thoughts on that

kalani being from Hawaii. He would have a better idea of the state if the virus in the Philippines . Not a clear answer no, but he could certainly tell datu what he needed to hear. Datu has made more than a couple mentions of his children so I'm sure at least knowing what happened to them is on his mind

after the war, those two were the most adamant about leaving the tower. Speculation or not, I still say kalani knew of the lax chooper the whole time, and datu would be the proper person to bring along to fix it

If kalani were somehow associated with the mallers, pippin would have recognized him, kalani stayed quite distant from that entire situation. Meanwhile, datu would have been able to inform him of what's going on.

the scenario I've made in my head goes like this...while kalani is in with Michael. Datu prepares for the shooting, as kalani leaves the room, datu waits for him to get a ways down the stairs then cuts the wire, angel runs out...take out pippin. Catch up with kalani..bam...appears to anyone else as if they are leaving together.
Reason. For shooting the radio? Kalani tell him if anyone sees you, take them out. Of coarse datu cannot kill hope so instead he shoots the radio, so kalani won't know he failed in that...
the thing That got me to thinking about this was when they began working on the chopper kalani says " oh you found some tools?"... Now I'm no idiot,and I realize maintence ma. Tools are not going to be the best for working on a helicopter, but this could be a simple piece of dialogue to clue us in on something bigger..

Well that's my fiction for the evening..i highly doubt this is remotely close to what will come to pass. But,,its an interesting take on it

7oddisdead
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM
so I have been puzzling, like most over skittles and how he could possibly fit into the story. What we do know is he like his loner status, seems a bit traumatized the current state of the world (so to say), and he watched his friends be eaten. That's about all the backstory we have....fiction time

many people who commit terrible crimes are given tests to judge their mental stability at the time of the crime. The question we should ask is, what could someone like skittles actually be capable of....at our first meeting he seemed a total lost cause, mind completely gone. But, in the second meeting in the watertower,at times the inflection in his voice seemed vaguely sinister..what I'm proposing is this:

could skittles actually have been an eastern bay resident? Perhaps one in a solitary confinement type situation...at first,getting together with a faction of the other prisoners that were not a part of durais group. He would have been happy to be with others,ANY others at that point..then when his group was attacked his natural instinct of self preservation and "hiding in a hole" would have kicked in...at that point he would also acknowledge that he is destined to be alone for the rest of his days, that all people he comes into contact with are simply destined to be eaten...the mind can shape its own reality when its been left on its own for so long, also one who has been in situations like solitary confinement, be it prison or self imposed isolation have INSANE powers of observation....i dunno...i seem to be rambling at this point...perhaps I'm just describing myself at this point. But, the point is

skittles...the nice guy who went off the deep end and did something real bad...maybe?

Creem_Filling
Jun 27th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I am seeing accusations of Pegs on here. I would like to take a moment to explain why I don't she is the rat or shooter.

1) She owned a flowershop. Her career would have little opportunites to ever tie her in with the people like Mallers. While there are people at the tower who's careers are more likely to have associated them with criminals. Such as Kelly, she was a lawyer.

2) She can't handle a gun. And more than that, shooting a gun. She has terrible nightmares and cries that she had to kill a man that was about to murder both her and Michael. It would be impossible for her to murder a man that posed no immediate threat to her like Pippin. With her personality, we would be able to tell a major change in behaviour from her if she were to kill another person.

3) And I don't see any advantage to her being the rat. She has been relying on others in the tower for comfort, support, and safety the entire time. She would not be able to survive alone in the zombie world, or with the mallers, and she knows it. Also, she is in love with Michael. I don't think Pegs could give up the relationship she has with Michael, when such a thing is rare in that world, and ten times more valuable.

7oddisdead
Jun 27th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Creem

1: Agreed

2:agreed

3:Agreed

I'm simply exploring ideas here, not popular ideas mind you. But ideas none the less...i personally agree with everything you said.
Pegs the rat? That's just nutty....;)

Magrat
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Don't know if this one has appeared yet but does anyone else think that maybe Pippin's accent was 'bad' because there is actually the real Pippin out there somewhere? Love the idea that Michael and the others will be in one of the choppers (crashed) and some guy turns up and saves them. They are grateful but that changes when Michael realizes that he recognizes the guy but is not sure where from. They think he's a maller and then he tells them: "My name is Pippin!"
Would love there to be a Pippin 2.0 with a 'real' accent!

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I had some interesting little notes I made along the way while relistening to WA for the ... time. I just thought they were worth mentioning and don't necessarily always add to or take a way from a...

Grognaurd
Jun 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Minor points, but we hear command calls sooner and more often then that. Before they retreat to the arms locker, there is a command call. When they first have Burt and take back the tower. One starts a command call and is killed before it completes.

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Minor points, but we hear command calls sooner and more often then that. Before they retreat to the arms locker, there is a command call. When they first have Burt and take back the tower. One starts a command call and is killed before it completes.

Good job! I guess I have selective hearing.

Another interesting little tidbit:

12-2 - has Epic Meal Time music, which leads me to believe the biters are former Youtube celebs who just want to eat bacons strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips...MORE BACON STRIPS!

Magrat
Jun 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
12-2 - has Epic Meal Time music, which leads me to believe the biters are former Youtube celebs who just want to eat bacons strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips...MORE BACON STRIPS!

Bwahahaha! I'm going to have to relisten to THAT episode soon! :-P

7oddisdead
Jun 28th, 2011, 09:19 PM
It strikes me as funny the dynamic differences of opinion on certain characters. Most of us seem to latch hold of one character or another and that is "our guy"(or girl).. But one questions why? What draws us to these specific people? For me its burt. In burts character I can see aspects if myself, my father, and most importantly my grandfather. If we all were to stop and think about it, the characters we enjoy the most are not actually the characters we are presented with. Instead they are the people we could see them being. Their the friends, the fathers,sisters, lovers, lovers that do not exist in some cases. I find it interesting just how diverse the cast KC has given us has become. Certainly when you start to consider the people we have grown to hate...which are few but the feelings toward them are very strong..ive said this before. And I'll say this again, from a story as a whole standpoint, view this entire thing as a dream in Michaels head...with no influence of your own personal feelings. Then, Tell me if you feel the same way..

Well enough rambling....todd out

Creem_Filling
Jun 28th, 2011, 09:50 PM
It strikes me as funny the dynamic differences of opinion on certain characters. Most of us seem to latch hold of one character or another and that is "our guy"(or girl).. But one questions why? What draws us to these specific people? For me its burt. In burts character I can see aspects if myself, my father, and most importantly my grandfather. If we all were to stop and think about it, the characters we enjoy the most are not actually the characters we are presented with. Instead they are the people we could see them being. Their the friends, the fathers,sisters, lovers, lovers that do not exist in some cases. I find it interesting just how diverse the cast KC has given us has become. Certainly when you start to consider the people we have grown to hate...which are few but the feelings toward them are very strong..ive said this before. And I'll say this again, from a story as a whole standpoint, view this entire thing as a dream in Michaels head...with no influence of your own personal feelings. Then, Tell me if you feel the same way..

Well enough rambling....todd out

I see what your saying. And agree. If I haven't made in obvious in a lot of my posts, I love Pegs. I think we latch on because we can relate with those characters the best. And since KC has created such a diverse group of characters, there is someone for everyone. And once there is a character you begin to relate to you, you feel really protective of them.

Magrat
Jun 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I see what your saying. And agree. If I haven't made in obvious in a lot of my posts, I love Pegs. I think we latch on because we can relate with those characters the best. And since KC has created such a diverse group of characters, there is someone for everyone. And once there is a character you begin to relate to you, you feel really protective of them.

Oh dear. My favs are scratch and skittles... What on earth does that say about my ability to relate. *shudders*

7oddisdead
Jun 29th, 2011, 09:17 PM
the latest in things to occur to me is, how many generals? What we know of "ink" or "the one with the markings" is pretty basic. Pinstriped suit, tattooed hands and head,short hair....and that's about it. We know that the "little one" bricks broke a piece off of had a freshly inked tattoo. We know that a "marked" one was at the arena about the same time "paul" was at the tower. All of this points me at one thing...

I am an artist and creative mind by nature. This is something I cannot change,nor would I want to..while I have no tatoos, I do know that if I did they would be of my own design. Being an introvert and generally speaking a hermit would lead me to not want the work of another on my body. So I would know the placement and design of each and every ratio I had. We have evidence of someone within the zom clan/army having access to tattoo equipment...could it not be possible for "ink" to create more than one of himself from a few of the "smart ones"?...his generals as it were? When it comes to the undead..if I saw a zom in a pinstriped suit with hands and face tatt'ed up I would naturally assume its always the same one....

Is thus likely? No. Is it possible? Yes....

Magrat
Jun 29th, 2011, 10:49 PM
the latest in things to occur to me is, how many generals? What we know of "ink" or "the one with the markings" is pretty basic. Pinstriped suit, tattooed hands and head,short hair....and that's about it. We know that the "little one" bricks broke a piece off of had a freshly inked tattoo. We know that a "marked" one was at the arena about the same time "paul" was at the tower. All of this points me at one thing...

I am an artist and creative mind by nature. This is something I cannot change,nor would I want to..while I have no tatoos, I do know that if I did they would be of my own design. Being an introvert and generally speaking a hermit would lead me to not want the work of another on my body. So I would know the placement and design of each and every ratio I had. We have evidence of someone within the zom clan/army having access to tattoo equipment...could it not be possible for "ink" to create more than one of himself from a few of the "smart ones"?...his generals as it were? When it comes to the undead..if I saw a zom in a pinstriped suit with hands and face tatt'ed up I would naturally assume its always the same one....

Is thus likely? No. Is it possible? Yes....

so multiple Ink underlings of his own creation and design? I like. Very The Prestige-esque. That would be an awesome twist, if they think they've got him and then he reappears.

HA! Brain is a nutter. On the prestige note, the markings can be covered and "randy" is actually ink in disguise! They are one in the same! (Ok, so that one is a stupid one, brought about by lack of sleep, but your idea has merit and is cool.)

Don Man
Jun 30th, 2011, 05:09 AM
wouldnt it be awesome if ink was just like wesker from resident evil. Lol just saying

mem
Jun 30th, 2011, 07:31 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31E8VP85YWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

7oddisdead
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Yep...a total thought based on mems crock pot

A crock pot by design sloow cooks food. You put say, a pot roast in before you leave for work, and presto! Come home to freshly cooked meat. We have been speculating about who was behind the zom apocalypse in this story, but thing we haven't really thought of is.

What if LA wasn't the origin of it all? When will the "master of the house" come home to see how the pot roast is doing?
it would seem the zoms are evolving beyond the original carpenter ant mentality..they now are working as what would seem an "army".this is beyond the typical ant behavior..outside the nest, ants do not have leaders, each simply knows what their job/role is within the hive....and they do their job...so I'm curious when the true "master" in this equation will be revealed..but I'm saving more thoughts on that for the break..

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 12:37 AM
And....more fun facts about ants

HTTP://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/oleic_acid

HTTP://Indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/ants-and-their-dead/

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:22 AM
Ok i know this is gonna sound kinda crazy and random but i think that randy is "the commander" from chapter one. It would be to easy to assume that it is someone michelle just met. And knowing k.c. Style of thinking that would be to simple. In the beginning we get a hint that he is smart because he is in formation like he remembers things(maybe he has like a commanding ability). And all saul did was hit the commander, not shoot him. When randy attacks saul's mom the only one that sees him is michelle. Saul and angle aren't there. Also when angle kept asking how michelle escaped the water works michelle got very defensive!! Well this is just my guess (feeling) and i just wanna put it out there! -thanks

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:49 AM
The only thing about that I would question is, would Michael refer to the commander by his first name.? I like the idea though

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:00 AM
well he might have if he thought that he was already dead? just a thought . . .

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Yea, I was just questioning that in general...im very far from a military background...so I haven't the foggiest...again, I like where your going with that...take it a little farther and you could have a zom commander..lending military training to the hive mind..or something else nutty like that.:)

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:42 AM
and see that bring up another point!! I think that Randy was commanding the zombies to makes a human-ish shield to protect him so he could get Tanya. it seemed that the group of zombies were doing something the survivors have never seen?!

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Egg-friggin-zactly....

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.critterzone.com/magazineresource/ants-communication-organization-behavior.htm

Another sign...kidnapping their food

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:05 AM
hey i just remembered something. to recap on what i was saying earlier when Micheal, Saul, and Angel talk to each other they don't always use there names. Sometimes they call each other by ranks (Micheal calls Angel Sir sometimes). so Micheal didn't have to say Commander he could of just called him Randy.

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:48 AM
Agreed...the only thing I can't get past is our lack of info on Randy..we'll see what we get...long hair and a beard is not very military...i do know that much

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 03:53 AM
well that's probably true, but how much time has it been since the 1st chapter? also he was a commander which is pretty high up in ranks, so maybe he could have a beard if he wanted.

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:13 AM
I would just like to point out that the commander was hit square on by a hummer. Not saying he wouldn't have survived but the amount of injuries he would have sustained would have probably made dragging a body/running away after being shot on the arm somewhat impossible.

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Thank you...i was trying to be nice

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM
I would just like to point out that the commander was hit square on by a hummer. Not saying he wouldn't have survived but the amount of injuries he would have sustained would have probably made dragging a body/running away after being shot on the arm somewhat impossible.

yeah probably, but once again i'm just thinking out loud here. I might be way, way, WAY off here, but i just wanna put my 2cents out there.

Magrat
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
The idea behind crackpot theories is that even when you're writing them you're thinking "You know what? This probably isn't true or possible in any way, but it's awesome and it's an idea I've just had, so here goes!". Sometimes the crazy works out cannon, but it's still fun to scheme the incredible. At the very least it makes for some interesting plots for fan fics!

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM
Well said my friend....well said

What I like to do is take a few facts we have have and spin fiction around them. Still believable but totally speculation within the context of the story....this is a good spot to put ideas like Randy was the commander for just that reason...but their are certain facts you just can't overlook, like the beard and long hair, or being hit by a damn hummer!....but its fun all in all

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
yeah probably, but once again i'm just thinking out loud here. I might be way, way, WAY off here, but i just wanna put my 2cents out there.

The idea behind crackpot theories is that even when you're writing them you're thinking "You know what? This probably isn't true or possibly in any way, but it's awesome and it's an idea I've just had, so here goes!". Sometimes the crazy works out cannon, but it's still fun to scheme the incredible. At the very least it makes for some interesting plots for fan fics!

Agreed. We all have stuck our hats on some theory here and there that is more cracked out than something else (like Datu being the Traitor to the tower....). And besides, even if you miss on one "crackpot" theory doesn't mean that it won't lead you to the promised land on your next one (like if Datu actually is the traitor to the tower....).

uuhhhuuu
Jul 1st, 2011, 10:50 PM
Agreed. We all have stuck our hats on some theory here and there that is more cracked out than something else (like Datu being the Traitor to the tower....). And besides, even if you miss on one "crackpot" theory doesn't mean that it won't lead you to the promised land on your next one (like if Datu actually is the traitor to the tower....).

i don't know why but i have a feeling Datu might be the traitor.haha ;)

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Dint remember which page its on...but I have a thing in here somewhere about that one....

uuhhhuuu
Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:05 AM

oooohhhhh!!! i just thought of something?!?! remember how the zombies take back the bodies? what if they take them back and maybe revive them or even "upgrade them" at "The Devils Workshop." That could kinda tie The Commander/Randy back in to the story with the new chapter!! that would be pretty cool.

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
oooohhhhh!!! i just thought of something?!?! remember how the zombies take back the bodies? what if they take them back and maybe revive them or even "upgrade them" at "The Devils Workshop." That could kinda tie The Commander/Randy back in to the story with the new chapter!! that would be pretty cool.

Bwahahahaha! The commander SHALL be Randi! We shall make it so!

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Alright you knuckleheads....here you go <br />
<br />
Commander Randy <br />
after a semi illustrious career as a professional wrestler commander Randy savage returned to his original love...the military. His new...

Magrat
Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Love it! I like how he had a Burt moment in there! Plus kittens. Always good to save a kitten or two.

uuhhhuuu
Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Bwahahahaha! The commander SHALL be Randi! We shall make it so!

hurray!! A follower!! :)

ToxicTofu
Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I have a rather simple question, im new so bare with me as this may have been asked... Did we ever really find out what they do with the bodies? while yes some of them must be being eaten don't you think the smarter ones or the "Brains" might be doing experiments on some of their own? or for that matter the living? i find it odd that they would only have a few people in a small room in the arena as their food source... it seemed like when Samantha was killed they were doing some sort of ritual (just a thought). Obviously Someone (or something) is making more of the "specials" as the newly tattooed "small" is evidence of such an idea. Are they using the dead undead as test subjects to make these specials? It seems to me like we have only begun to see the full power of the "commander" units (or unit) and all of the other "specials", anyway long winded but just throwing some stuff out there.

ToxicTofu
Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
Also I would like to say that Todd i like your ant articles, i actually ran across the "zombie ants" in my biology class while talking to my teacher about the plausability of zombies (and if there could be a cure), and i have to say this fungi fascinates me. Frankly the fact that a fungi can control everything a creature does (and by the way the parasite is smart enough to make the ant ACT like a NORMAL ant which scares the shit out of me to say the least...) simply as i said scares me. While no i dont think this will ever spread to humans you have to admit that there are such things as "zombie" (at least in the most simple sense). Oh and my 2 cents on the rat, frankly i dont think its kelly, if it was wouldn't Pippin have called her out when they questioned him? I would have... i mean it would gain great favor with the tower if you called out the rat that has been aiding the mallers... BUT i do see how it COULD be kelly. Really it seems as if kelly changes her attitude twords the leadership of the tower (and michael) quite drastically after her nephews death.... ever sense that moment i haven't really trusted her sense (sure she has that moment with him when they take a break and she talks about grief but i just don't think that would change her mind so quickly). Anyway lots of ramblin but hey, this thread is for that right? :P also... Saul is a damn knucle head... and it seems that he is getting good treatment because A- the leadership likes him and B- His momma is the only real DOCTOR among them... don't piss momma of by rejecting her baby?? also i think Saul might come back to the tower after he hears what has happened to his mom... Just my thought :3

ToxicTofu
Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Also with this last section i have to throw this out there... Obviously Burt is going to die soon (or atleast in my mind) so what about this, what if Burt gets taken out trying to save angel (which is successful) and then burt gets turned... Which in this theory he will... what if burt comes back as a villain? a "commander" maybe? If so then what if he adds his knowledge of where the tower is re-locating to to the zombie hive mind? if there is no hive mind then what if he just tells "ink" or whoever the zombies leader is the towers plans to move? Does ink (or the leader) want them so bad that he would possibly chase them? if so could this spell the end for our beloved tower dwellers? DUN DUN DUN! Just another crackpot theory ;)

Grognaurd
Jul 3rd, 2011, 04:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

If you like zombie ants check this out...

I did not read this, I am already familiar with it. Some people speculate that it affects humans. No matter where you go, there always seem to be a crazy cat lady

ToxicTofu
Jul 3rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

If you like zombie ants check this out...

I did not read this, I am already familiar with it. Some people speculate that it affects humans. No matter where you go, there always seem to be a crazy cat lady

And now my friend i am creeped the hell out. BUT these things totally intrigue me! awesome article man.

7oddisdead
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I have a rather simple question, im new so bare with me as this may have been asked... Did we ever really find out what they do with the bodies? while yes some of them must be being eaten don't you think the smarter ones or the "Brains" might be doing experiments on some of their own? or for that matter the living? i find it odd that they would only have a few people in a small room in the arena as their food source... it seemed like when Samantha was killed they were doing some sort of ritual (just a thought). Obviously Someone (or something) is making more of the "specials" as the newly tattooed "small" is evidence of such an idea. Are they using the dead undead as test subjects to make these specials? It seems to me like we have only begun to see the full power of the "commander" units (or unit) and all of the other "specials", anyway long winded but just throwing some stuff out there.

i just noticed this....if we stick with the arena being a "hive" in an ant type fashion. the bodies/body parts in the interior of the arena would serve as dual purpose. 1: to create a maze enviroment 2:food storage. the bodies on the exterior of the arena are the actual dead zoms...not for consumption. some species of ants will stack their dead in insteresting ways and actually bring their dead with them if they have to move the hive..always keeping their dead just outside the hive

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM
so an interesting discussion came about on another thread today. basically, we began speculating on the effects of frequencies on the brain. be that radio,electromagnetic, radiation waves...any of the above could fill the scenario we tried to create. the jist of the idea is this; if the human mind within the "undead" of the w/averse still are actually human. could the mutated genetics of the mind be changed in such a way to essentially "share" a mind?....or even a consciousness? and if the "normal" people are geared to be a part of the hive mind, where would a unique mind fit in? what affect would mental psychosis have on the hive mind?...in the end the possibility is ink/paul/onewithmarkings...a standout among the hive..

so where do we go from there? well if this scenario we are looking at is true what we have is a sign of the growth of the "smart ones" intellegence right in front of our eyes. in the begining there was no organization among the zoms, they just ran around nom,nom,nomming whatever they saw, then we saw the pack mentality arise. after that we learned of the arena and the presence of the hive, and the organization behind that...now an entire army moving together as one...if we think of this as the one mind merely forcing his "frequeny of mind" onto the others,overtaking the hive mind.....making it his hive mind...now thats something

and that brings me to the interesting question....skittles?...i for one get the feeling that ground zero is the source of the radiowaves or what-have-you that caused the change in the zoms..we have seen the affects it has on "normal" people in pegs and victor. what im curious about is how would ground zero affect skittles?...im willing to bet that ground zero will/would have no affect on skittles....if his brain is also wired different, the thing in ground zero that disrupts the mental field in normal people would have little to no neurological affects on him, hell, he may even be able to function normally in there. i can see it now, skittles on a ten speed, riding through ground zero with a helmet cam on top of his head. would actually make sense if that became his safe haven in the end.

well thats about all ive got on this one, as usual.....plausible?..no possible?...yes

todd out

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Almost forgot....links to where this line of thought came from ;)

http://www2.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF3/386.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889218/

and of coarse
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?150-Do-Zombies-Dream-of-Electric-Brains

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
A short but sweet one;

the pack of wild dogs analogy has been thrown around a bit as of late. And a thing to note about that is....even a wild dog that has had no interaction with human can be slowly coxed into caring for a human,to be loyal and to be trained....meanwhile, a wolf cannot be trained..something in The genetic makeup of the two is just different enough that they will show that difference, dogs can be lead....wolves cannot. Breeders have spent countless years trying to break wolves of this to no avail....

Now, think of that when comparing zombie "packs" to a pack of dogs....(Michaels words)

Wicked Sid
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
An Alpha of a pack of Wolves leads the females. Wolves and dogs came from the same base ingredients (Similar original organism) and dogs are just a subspecies in the same tree as wolves. Dogs are just wolves that have been bred to provide admiriable traits such as loyalty, strength, speed, etc... You can train a fox as well as a wolf, it just takes longer due to having to breed out the aggression i.e. Don't let the angry ones breed.

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Where I pulled my info from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_as_pets_and_working_animals

Wicked Sid
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Where I pulled my info from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_as_pets_and_working_animals

I don't want to sound like a dick, but Wikipedia isn't really the best source to pull information from.

7oddisdead
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Agreed,...but also consider perhaps I'm making the comparison of wolves and dogs for the comparison of "zombies" vs creatures in w/a....and this is the crackpot thread...do I really have to have the facts 100%? We're talking about zombies here ...:)

Wicked Sid
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I forgot which thread I was posting in. You're right. Only 50% of the facts apply here.

Continue.

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Some more random ideas that sprang to life while listening:

Chapter 18, with all the Wizard of Oz references (Kelly's line, "let's see if the wizard can get you a new arm, her a new foot, and me...I'll just settle for a bottle of Jack", and Kalani's line, "...we'll drop a house on him [behemoth] later.") I now believe there definitely is a mastermind behind all this. Some weak sickly creature that even controls the zombie pimp king. It probably has powerful mind powers that allow it to make people feel sick when they venture into it's neighborhood. Probably some hardcore gamer kid that drank a very expired "Gamer Fuel" soda

Ch. 19-2 - Michaels broadcast to the Tower from the Colony was recieved by the Mallers. That is how Durai determined to head south to the Colony. Maybe?

22-2 - not a theory, just two questions: What is that game Saul was teaching Bert and what is Riley's callsign? I listen over and over but can't understand either.

Finally, a hairbrained idea: Riley went to prison for drunk driving and became Eastern Bay's cook. That's why she's the mole! (not really, it's totally Kelly)

7oddisdead
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I tried to figure out what that game was as well..not much luck there..and rileys call sign. Is the French word for bird, I'm not even gonna try to butcher the spelling...
I like the idea of riley as the eastern bay cook...havent heard that one yet!:)

Adventureless_Hero
Jul 8th, 2011, 05:24 AM
I tried to figure out what that game was as well..not much luck there..and rileys call sign. Is the French word for bird, I'm not even gonna try to butcher the spelling...
I like the idea of riley as the eastern bay cook...havent heard that one yet!:)

Riley's call sign is Oiseaux? That seems like it would be tough for anyone but her to say! lol
As far as the card game goes. I suppose we'll have to wait till someone is able to provide the transcript and we'll see where we can go from there.

The Riley being sent to Eastern Bay for a stint doesn't hold up well when you consider Eastern Bay is a Federal Prison for real badasses. I was thinking maybe she had one of her binge drinking sessions, got in a car, and ended up running over a pedestrian. But I'm not too familiar with laws and thier silly consequences *coughcaseyanthonycough*

I was thinking about the Angel/Scratch connection. My best guess is that they were tossed in the same juvenile detention/boot camp thingy; her for being a psycho kid, and him for hot-wiring and boosting cars. The juvenile bootcamp thing could also explain why Scratch seems so well adapted to taking on an authoratative role. Plus I can't let go of that one line she had in 21-1 where she shouts, "Get out of the killzone!" That word just seems uncommon for a civilian to use. That'd be like Pegs sayins something like, "We'll pull security." :P

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
One thing for clarity sake. Eastern Bay like any other prison isn't Cohab. Besides, Angel is the only one people keep trying to figure out how they know him.

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Here is one crazy theory that could be extremely far off or maybe not it all depends on if they are going to make another season or not.
Theory: If season 2 is the last season, with angel and burt in that tough spot. Burt and angel might actually survive the battle but one of them might get bitten or scratched resulting in a teary goodbye too a very popular character.
Theory 2: Pegs is the shooter and did not only have grave intentions for pippin when she killed him but what if near the end of the story pegs turns on micheal and kills him. This could ba series finale type deal but micheal could awaken to find it all a dream or he was in a coma as said by 7oddisdead.
Theory 3: This is my final theory and i haven't seen anyone post this. What if Lizzie joined the mallers, feeling abondoned by the tower and helped fight in a final battle AGAINST the tower. Even bigger a twist during that battle she shoots saul, micheal, pegs or riley.

nikvoodoo
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
The production is planned for four seasons right now :)

7oddisdead
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
working nights can create some interesting sleep patterns. and with strange sleep patterns come very "random" ideas, "where the hell did that come from?"...i find myself waking to saying that more and more lately.

todays input from the randomizer is; they say right before you die, your life flashes before your eyes. well, what if your brain gets stuck in that moment? by this i mean ok youve been biten, whatever it is be it neurotoxin or whatever that "kills" you, begins to function..in the moment before death, your life beins flashing before your eyes. but that moment never ends. your conscious/rational mind continues to live on within that moment as your body reverts to the most base, instictual level it can. lower level brain fuction...the natural "will to live" as it were, is the only thing keeping the mind,...and body, functioning..

now this certainly wouldnt explain the desire to eat flesh. but truthfully, in that moment as the brain, body, and mind function on a seemingly "autopilot" type of behaviour...could you still be considered a human at all? once your body and "soul" had made the conversion to the "undead"..is eating human flesh truly cannibalism? or simply the equivelent of a human eating, say ...a monkey?

well for what could be the final time here at least......todd out

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
So do you mean that you think that this "zombification" may not actually be the living dead but actually some kind of neurological state? That this state may be your deepest most sinister thoughts come to life while you yourself are trapped inside of your own subconcious?

Magrat
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
So do you mean that you think that this "zombification" may not actually be the living dead but actually some kind of neurological state? That this state may be your deepest most sinister thoughts come to life while you yourself are trapped inside of your own subconcious?

surely that would also include the act of mating, which we have seen naught of from the zombies... yet. and the need for self preservation is buried pretty deep in our minds. not something to give away too eagerly in the search for food and violence.

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Very true, interesting point Magrat
I wonder how the writers will take the "zombie" character smart and organized with generalized leaders here and there or feral and all out when it comes to finding food. We have of course seen both points and I for one am interested onseeing how it will continue

7oddisdead
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Hey dudes
I'll address that last post sometime in the future...for now I like the way you two are thinking;)

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh thank you. I'm glad it will be addressed, I would love to see other peoples thoughts.

cameron1223
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Ah yes i'm back and this time with a brand new theory.
Skittles what do we know about him? NOTHING all we know is he has been studying the zombies but for what survival or for maybe another reason? This brings me to my theory...
Skittles is one of the main reasons for the zombie outbreak. I know not much has come out regarding how the outbreak began but i believe that Skittles could have been working on a certain project. Who knows what they intended endless life? immunity to disease? Well maybe something went wrong in a lab when they tested a subject. They injected him with some serum and it appeared the man had been killed atleast for a few minutes that is. There is no telling what the first zombie really was but he could have broken out of the lab killing/ creating other zombies on his way out and then that could be all it took. Humanity looking for a way to end great suffering around the world but in the end caused the end of the world....
Well thats just one man's theory please elaborate on this....

HardKor
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
surely that would also include the act of mating, which we have seen naught of from the zombies...
We don't know what the zombies actually did to Samantha in the arena. I'm not insinuating zombie babies or anything like that, but the base instinct to perform the act could still be there, as disturbing as the thought may be.

Osiris
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
We don't know what the zombies actually did to Samantha in the arena. I'm not insinuating zombie babies or anything like that, but the base instinct to perform the act could still be there, as disturbing as the thought may be.

That thought crossed my mind when she was taken. I just can't see them performing a human sacrifice. Then again, who knows what the Zeds believe. Perhaps they have a deity that they worship... disconcerting to say the least.

*knock knock knock*

Housewife opens door.

Woman: 'May I help you?'
Zombie: 'gggrwaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaallo... have you been saved?'

7oddisdead
Jul 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM
He caught it out of the air...by this I'm referring to "ink" catching the arrow of the air when riley shot it at him...think of the pressure the hand would have to place on the arrow to take it from moving at around 3-350 ft. Per second to nothing...now tell me these "zombies" are experiencing any type of muscle loss or decay..."were alive"? well, were certainly not dead....

Osiris
Jul 14th, 2011, 10:21 PM
He caught it out of the air...by this I'm referring to "ink" catching the arrow of the air when riley shot it at him...think of the pressure the hand would have to place on the arrow to take it from moving at around 3-350 ft. Per second to nothing...now tell me these "zombies" are experiencing any type of muscle loss or decay..."were alive"? well, were certainly not dead....

Are we positive that was Ink? That's under the assumption that Ink and Capt. Pinstripe Suit are the same cat and if they are... I would wager that he's dead. After all, Burt tapped him twice in the chest in an earlier episode. Unless of course, that sneaky fuck is wearing a bullet proof vest. Take two center mast, then jump out a window and fuck off down the road just as quick as you like. Post the results.

7oddisdead
Jul 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
When I say "ink" I'm referring to the man in the suit..im not goin though through the p I t a of typing the dozen names we've been identifying him by here...and I'm really starting to think there's more than one of the tattooed, suit wearing baddies.

And the point I'm trying to make is...if the guy that caught the arrow is dead, then how does his body have the manual dexterity to stop an arrow shot directly at him...let alone snatch it out of mid-air...

But I do understand what your saying...i just try to throw logic in the river when it comes to this thread

Pikepaw
Jul 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not even sure how crackpot this is, but I don't find anywhere else this theory sits.

So we all remember the ambush in chapter 21, where the Mallers had to leave four tankers behind in the park. For all we know, those tankers, rigged to explode, are still sitting there. I doubt any signal that Tardust would have used to trigger the other tankers would have reached over that distance to set them off. So either Godkingzombie pimp has control of them and will make some smart zombies drive them off. At the right moment he could try to crash the tankers into the tower.

On the other hand, the Tower has a helicopter now, they can scout and maybe they see these tankers. So possibly in the Maller/tower war, they use their own tankers against them.

Basically I'm trying to think of different things that can be done with these giant bombs lying around. Of course, they also just sit there to rust like all of that dud WWII ordance

7oddisdead
Jul 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
/\ That's awesome dude...im sure most of us have forgotten about those...nice!:)

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 21st, 2011, 08:07 PM
This theory was discover yestorday when I was talking with a friend about the show, and regarding Angel character growth through the chapters. In which my friend told me believes Angel developed a man crush on Micheal? 0.o

Osiris
Jul 21st, 2011, 08:13 PM
This theory was discover yestorday when I was talking with a friend about the show, and regarding Angel character growth through the chapters. In which my friend told me believes Angel developed a man crush on Micheal? 0.o

I've just developed a man crush on your friend. -.-

7oddisdead
Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
A simple thought...its a bit out there so im throwing it up here instead of the rat thread. When Tanya was having her diva moment with Michael, she didn't seem to worried about who may overhear their conversation. While I know their probly was not too many people just standing around listening with an ear to the wall or whatever...this still leads me to believe that whoever she was referring to when she said "not everyone will be going with us" ..was not even in the building at the time...possible clues there? Hell, I dunno...but its something

HardKor
Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:06 PM
A simple thought...its a bit out there so im throwing it up here instead of the rat thread. When Tanya was having her diva moment with Michael, she didn't seem to worried about who may overhear their conversation. While I know their probly was not too many people just standing around listening with an ear to the wall or whatever...this still leads me to believe that whoever she was referring to when she said "not everyone will be going with us" ..was not even in the building at the time...possible clues there? Hell, I dunno...but its something

Interesting. Are you thinking that whatever she found is rat related? Of course just about every main Tower resident was out of the building at that time except Michael and Tanya.

7oddisdead
Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:53 PM
And Kelly....and Steven. .

HardKor
Jul 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Kelly was in the building next door. But you're right about Steven.

nikvoodoo
Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
No offense, but I think this latest conversation is really trying too hard. The entire line of Tanya's is
"Not everyone will be going, right? What are you going to do with that suspect killer you got locked up?" (Emphasis interpreted from performance). I sense nothing conspiratorial about it. And if you take Tanya's area of expertise into account, along with her desire to run experiments mentioned previously it would imply that she's found something scientific that was missed. The line we're talking about is taken out of context from the rest of her thought. The line is about Lewis, and she also implies she would wait behind for Saul from her line previous these lines: "If everyone goes. Someone might want to stay behind."

Do you really think she'd pull a diva move out of her hat if she discovered something about the rat? The Rat just murdered someone who might be able to ID them. If Tanya has the discovered the identity of the rat from the journals, I don't think she'd walk away from Michael. She would tell him even if he popped an attitude with her. Her life could depend on it. Her discovery, though most likely very significant in terms of the story, is probably mundane in comparison to the Rat's identity.

7oddisdead
Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Perhaps....im getting bored...its quite easy to take things out of context, when your trying to find clues anywhere you can. Truth be told, i had that thought and within 3 minutes had it posted.. So no...not one of my more "planned out" ideas..;)

Bravo Team Leader
Jul 30th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hmmm, I wondered why that never happened. I bet there are lookouts now because of the makeshift helo pad on the next roof.

Grognaurd
Jul 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Pippin was shot about 24 hours after Tanya arrives. I am not sure how much journal updating there would be. Remember since they fled the colony, it is probably late afternoon the next day.

7oddisdead
Jul 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Wow...im going to just keep my mouth shut next time I'm bored...but hopefully we will have some type of resolution to this in about 20 min? I'm going more with the thinking that somebody came to dig up Cindy is what Tanya was referring to...but again we'll see..

7oddisdead
Aug 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
so the finale is now behind us...and what did we learn? a surprisingly large amount of information..i think for most it has taken some time to process. but here we go with a few things i COULD see...

7oddisdead
Oct 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
so...

based on the crazy thoughts that have been thrown around a bit here lately...

lets just propose this crazy thought. many of us are relistening to the series during the hiatus. i say, listen with a certain mindset...a certain angle that the show could be trying to take..a fine example would be listen to the series with the mindset of everyone who narrates a section is dead..the scenes they are describing have some type of importance to them and to the closure of their characters life. a bizzarre form of retribution, release from the mistakes of the life they once had....puts a totally new spin on some scenes...happy hiatus! :)

Amisiel
Oct 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM
On with teh crack pop theories im telling you Mr Whiskers is the Rat ALSO he was the first zombie now I dont have any proof other than I like Mr Whiskers,. and felt a need to post.

uuhhhuuu
Jan 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
ok, i have brooding over something over my head now for the past week or so now. Everyone thinks the rat is either one person or another, but no one has yet to ask the question "what if there is more than one rat?" i think Riley could be the rat and Angle, Kalani and Hope are in on it too.
I believe Riley is the main traitor and Angle (because he is so in love) helps her without thinking about it. Kalani as we know was being blackmailed by the Mallers because they had his "Hanna". and last Hope, i think she is in on it because she remembers kalani and hanna from the other tower, also her mom and kalani were both from the other tower when they were takin to the Arena(so she feels like she has to help him) and also because she didn't want kalani to lose Hanna (i bet its his daughter) like Hope lost her mom in all this. i also bet Kalani, Burt, and Angle are still alive. well these are my thoughts, let me know what everone thinks. THX!!

Raven
Jan 30th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Someone made a similar connection with Samantha and Hannah both having red hair that they were the 2 of the 3 that made it off the tarmac at LAX but then there is hope bringing it up to four survivors so I don't think that is gonna work but there also wasnt much Hope/Kalani interaction if they did know each other even in passing. Skittles also recognized Kalani so I still say he was a rat. I really still think Kelly over REiley as the other rat because even with the post Tommy she had a bit too sudden of a turn around to get in good with the mains...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 31st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Didn't really know where to put this since we really don't have a thread for "dumb questions" hahah.
Anyway, This is for the Army/Marine Tank guys:

IF, you stuck a bag of nails up the barrel of the tank and followed that up with a blank/training shell, would the nails project at force??

Cabbage Patch
Jan 31st, 2012, 11:46 AM
There really aren't &quot;blank&quot; training shells for tanks anymore. Training tank rounds that are used on ranges are actual cannon rounds, but they have reduced explosive charges and less destructive...

7oddisdead
Jan 31st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well..i know the question was about a tank...but this could be possible in a more semi-real world scenario...two words

Pumpkin cannon

(sorry,just couldn't resist the idea...)

Zombiphobe
Feb 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM
This was inspired after seeing the Cover Art for Episode 26.

Mr. Whiskers was Scratch's cat! Scratch was living at the apartment complex before it all happened.

That's why Angel was familiar to her. She saw him when he visited his girlfriend Cindy.

And the real reason why she has it in for Pegs: She took her cat!

And that special thing she was looking for after the Tower collapses: Mr. Whiskers.

It would also explain where Scratch got her trademark looks. Mr. Whiskers is as feisty as his original owner.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
This was inspired after seeing the Cover Art for Episode 26.

Mr. Whiskers was Scratch's cat! Scratch was living at the apartment complex before it all happened.

That's why Angel was familiar to her. She saw him when he visited his girlfriend Cindy.

And the real reason why she has it in for Pegs: She took her cat!

And that special thing she was looking for after the Tower collapses: Mr. Whiskers.

It would also explain where Scratch got her trademark looks. Mr. Whiskers is as feisty as his original owner.

hahah. OMG that's original! Love it!!
I can see Scratch only caring about 2 things in life.. her brother and her cat.

nikvoodoo
Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
The only thing that is completely implausible about this scenario is Scratch found Mr. Whiskers since we know the Mallers have already come and gone.....

.....that and I think we got the original name of the owner when we discovered Mr. Whiskers....you'd figure Datu would know already that Scratch had a big scar on her face and might have made the connection....After all....he is very resourceful.

Zombiphobe
Feb 2nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
If only I had come up with this theory one week earlier.

7oddisdead
Feb 25th, 2012, 12:34 AM
The only thing that is completely implausible about this scenario is Scratch found Mr. Whiskers since we know the Mallers have already come and gone.....

.....that and I think we got the original name of the owner when we discovered Mr. Whiskers....you'd figure Datu would know already that Scratch had a big scar on her face and might have made the connection....After all....he is very resourceful.

dammit nik...you shot down an obvious way to paint datu into the rat corner here. perhaps not the "mr. whiskers was scratches cat" bit, but the fact that scratch actually lived at the tower. heh, grasping at straws i suppose. but it could explain a few things

another thing is i just went back through this entire thread. theres actually a TON of really good reading material from many of us in here. i would suggest to many new members here reading though this thread(and of course many others) during the short break we have going on. a bunch of the ideas discussed here are actually things that may come to pass reeeeal soon.

Grognaurd
Feb 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Well, playing it up...

I do not think Datu has ever seen scratch. He was not with Saul Burt an Lizzy. He was not with Michael angel Burt Riley and Kelly. When scratch is in the spotlight before the war he is in bed recovering from the arena. During the rematch he is at Lax with Pegs.

Ggrrrr I cannot remember. Was it Tina? Datu tells us who owned the cat.

7oddisdead
Feb 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Tina sounds correct...not entirely sure

And the fact that datu has not been present during any of the towers run ins with scratch only makes it slightly less possible. While the reasons for his absence are quite legit, him not there means they have no visual contact...which is a plus if your trying to hide your identity.

Grognaurd
Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Oh, I think it was Gina. I remembered Gina, but forgot to post it lol

7oddisdead
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:18 AM
relistened the other night, gina is absolutely correct

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Okay, I have a crazy ass theory that is full of holes so this is the perfect thread for it.

It's a stretch but, what if Lizzie wandered too close to ground zero and that is why she was puking? I only make this long-shot assumption after considering that maybe, just maybe, after Scratch and Latch pick up Pippin, Kalani, and Hannah at LAX, they inadvertantly drive through ground zero. Hannah starts getting sick and pukes. Then she starts to turn. Scratch and Latch are like WTF? But Pippin freaks out, grabs Kalani's "Little Slugger" baseball bat and hits a homerun off the side of Hannah's noggin. Her body falls out of the vehicle, and Kalani jumps out to be with her. He then has to flee due to the effects of Ground Zero.

He later gets picked up by Shaun and taken back to CJ's Tower where he remains under observation for being sick (side effects of prolonged exposure at Ground Zero). Three days later CJ's tower is over run. Kalani is taken to the arena where he suffers some more. The Zeds realize he has some Ground Zero juice in him and let him be. Then they are rescued from the Arena just as the effects of Ground Zero exposure are wearing off of Kalani.

It's a stretch, isn't it?

7oddisdead
Mar 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Okay, I have a crazy ass theory that is full of holes so this is the perfect thread for it.

It's a stretch but, what if Lizzie wandered too close to ground zero and that is why she was puking? I only make this long-shot assumption after considering that maybe, just maybe, after Scratch and Latch pick up Pippin, Kalani, and Hannah at LAX, they inadvertantly drive through ground zero. Hannah starts getting sick and pukes. Then she starts to turn. Scratch and Latch are like WTF? But Pippin freaks out, grabs Kalani's "Little Slugger" baseball bat and hits a homerun off the side of Hannah's noggin. Her body falls out of the vehicle, and Kalani jumps out to be with her. He then has to flee due to the effects of Ground Zero.

He later gets picked up by Shaun and taken back to CJ's Tower where he remains under observation for being sick (side effects of prolonged exposure at Ground Zero). Three days later CJ's tower is over run. Kalani is taken to the arena where he suffers some more. The Zeds realize he has some Ground Zero juice in him and let him be. Then they are rescued from the Arena just as the effects of Ground Zero exposure are wearing off of Kalani.

It's a stretch, isn't it?

Hannah turning and being subsequently killed. Yes...the rest of it..not so much, bout like half my early posts in this thread:)

uuhhhuuu
Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
ok i got a couple of theories i want to put out there.
1st. what if the reason that "the One with the Markings" did not attack Skittles was because he knew he was mentally unstable. Ink was being held in an insane asylum because he was crazy, he later on became Paul/the one with the Marking. What if he knew that unstable people would become (or at least could become) "smart" zombies. he might not have wanted to risk infecting Skittles.
2nd. Tanya. if Tanya was naturally immune to the zombie blood, then she might have learned through an experience. (a.k.a. a bite/attack early on) if she did learn that she is immune then she would most likely want to run tests on how the zombie blood works.(that's why she was so interested in the journals, and the experiments) so if Tanya is immune she might be able to pass it down to her kids. also when she got to the tower it sounded that she knew that Saul couldn't possibly be infected. (i think Burt's shot went threw Tommy and got stuck in Saul)
3rd. i think CJ purposely gave Victor the yellow air tank because she knew she didnt fill the tank all the way. she wanted to do some tests, and figgured they would be good Guinea pigs.
well those are my thoughts so far. everyone let me know what you think.

reaper239
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's all a commie plot to destroy America. BRING BACK THE BLACK LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tinfoil:

uuhhhuuu
May 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM
I HAVE A THEORY!! (so proud of myself lol)i think the colonel will DIE!! dun dun dun!! not sure how but it would fit the story great. i dont know how many soldiers are at the base, or even there ranks, but if the colonel dies some else can take over. maybe SGT Cross? :) OR MAYBE even a certain Lieutenant!! :D

Zombiphobe
May 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
There's a lot of speculation that the One With The Markings is that Bill Roberts ("INK") from the TiVO'd news clip, but I think there's another potential candidate that is being overlooked.

How about the professor from Michael's class in the first episode? We have been told that the smarter you are, the smarter the zombie you would become, so a zombified professor would be a good candidate for a super smart zombie to rule them all.

Also KC voiced the professor and also provided the zombie calls. It would be a nice bit of continuity to have the same individual record the One with the Markings before and after he became a zombie.

nikvoodoo
May 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
There's a lot of speculation that the One With The Markings is that Bill Roberts ("INK") from the TiVO'd news clip, but I think there's another potential candidate that is being overlooked.

How about the professor from Michael's class in the first episode? We have been told that the smarter you are, the smarter the zombie you would become, so a zombified professor would be a good candidate for a super smart zombie to rule them all.

Also KC voiced the professor and also provided the zombie calls. It would be a nice bit of continuity to have the same individual record the One with the Markings before and after he became a zombie.

A zombified professor with tattoos covering his entire body? I'd imagine that would be a feature Michael would remember from his good old college professor when he saw him in the hallway.

yoyoyoyo15
May 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM
A zombified professor with tattoos covering his entire body? I'd imagine that would be a feature Michael would remember from his good old college professor when he saw him in the hallway.

Plus if the professor had enough intelligence to be the one with the tattoo, then there would probably be a lot more ones that are as smart as ink

Zombiphobe
May 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM

This is assuming the tattooing originated from before the outbreak. Didn't they find a tattoo gun in the hospital?

Plus if the professor had enough intelligence to be the one with the tattoo, then there would probably be a lot more ones that are as smart as ink

His IQ might have been higher than his fellow professors or there might be other factors that helped him retain a higher degree of functionality.

Kram
May 27th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I think it would be too big of a coincidence for the professor to be "our" smart one. He might have ended up as another smart one -- although being a professor is not exactly a guarantee of high intelligence.

Osiris
May 27th, 2012, 11:56 PM
What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Zombiphobe
May 29th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Could the "zombies" be people infused with some sort of essence of dog?

Dogs and Zombies both have an extremely good sense of smell.
Zombie attack sounds are remarkably similar to dog snarls. For an example see Episode 3 - The New Arrivals - Part 1 of 3 (17:39).
Zombies come in different varieties, much like dog breeds (greyhounds~runners, mastiffs~behemoths, chihuahuas~creepy little ones).
Certain zombies ("howlers") call out to communicate over great distances similar to what wolves do when they howl.
Zombies have been seen traveling in cliques or packs. Even in the first episode, Michael describes the attack on the honking car as being "like a pack of wild dogs".
When reviewing the video of the sweat bottle experiment, Riley says that they were drooling like her dog did before he was neutered.
Skittles described a behemoth chasing a cat up a dump truck. Dogs are known to chase cats.
Dogs stereotypically do not like baths and Tommy was getting very belligerent about washing himself off just as he was starting to turn.
At the beach house, Michael found a zombie that was rummaging in the pantry, eating dog food.
Dogs are the only species of animal that we are told are immune to being turned. This might be because a dog infused with the essence of dog would still be a dog.
Tanya says they seem to exhibit more animal traits than human.
At the hospital, Kalani comments on the hair and nail clippings and says that it looks like someone was trimming a Great Dane.
The One With The Markings appears to epitomize the alpha-dog role, with other zombies taking orders/direction from him.

With all of the comparisons and similarities to dogs, it is definitely something to ponder.

7oddisdead
May 30th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Could the "zombies" be people infused with some sort of essence of dog?

Dogs and Zombies both have an extremely good sense of smell.
Zombie attack sounds are remarkably similar to dog snarls. For an example see Episode 3 - The New Arrivals - Part 1 of 3 (17:39).
Zombies come in different varieties, much like dog breeds (greyhounds~runners, mastiffs~behemoths, chihuahuas~creepy little ones).
Certain zombies ("howlers") call out to communicate over great distances similar to what wolves do when they howl.
Zombies have been seen traveling in cliques or packs. Even in the first episode, Michael describes the attack on the honking car as being "like a pack of wild dogs".
When reviewing the video of the sweat bottle experiment, Riley says that they were drooling like her dog did before he was neutered.
Skittles described a behemoth chasing a cat up a dump truck. Dogs are known to chase cats.
Dogs stereotypically do not like baths and Tommy was getting very belligerent about washing himself off just as he was starting to turn.
At the beach house, Michael found a zombie that was rummaging in the pantry, eating dog food.
Dogs are the only species of animal that we are told are immune to being turned. This might be because a dog infused with the essence of dog would still be a dog.
Tanya says they seem to exhibit more animal traits than human.
At the hospital, Kalani comments on the hair and nail clippings and says that it looks like someone was trimming a Great Dane.
The One With The Markings appears to epitomize the alpha-dog role, with other zombies taking orders/direction from him.

With all of the comparisons and similarities to dogs, it is definitely something to ponder.

ive been over a lot of what your saying here, and i does all seem to add up when you compile it like that...but the simple truth is..theres soooo many things you could connect to things such as the dog theory..my personal fav. the ant theory..the restart of evolution theory, that you essentially are just playing connect the dots with whatever fits the scenario best. im not saying your wrong for doing so....im just sayin

Zombiphobe
May 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I agree that the connections are a bit tenuous and the evidence, quite possibly circumstancial. That is why I've posted it under the crackpot theory thread and not one of the zombie origin threads.

But it makes me think of the La Brea Tar Pits in LA, where thousands of prehistoric dire wolves were trapped and fossilized. Could there be some underground connection to the cracks found at ground zero?

7oddisdead
May 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I agree that the connections are a bit tenuous and the evidence, quite possibly circumstancial. That is why I've posted it under the crackpot theory thread and not one of the zombie origin threads.

But it makes me think of the La Brea Tar Pits in LA, where thousands of prehistoric dire wolves were trapped and fossilized. Could there be some underground connection to the cracks found at ground zero?

NOW your talking...its perfectly fine to make all those connections...and then when you bring it all together with a statement like that^ ...thats a good crackpot theory!

Zombiphobe
Jun 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
NOW your talking...its perfectly fine to make all those connections...and then when you bring it all together with a statement like that^ ...thats a good crackpot theory!

Thanks 7odd! That means a lot coming from the guy that started the crackpot theory thread.

7oddisdead
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
firstly, happy one year anniversary crackpot thread! im two days early but whatever....

so a few people have discussed the idea of a virus or bacteria based entity controling the bodies of the "zombies" in the story... for todays installment, i wanna explore that idea a bit.

so what do we have to go on with this theory? well, we have creatures that from outer appearances are corpses...but most every trait outside of that completely contradict the corpse idea. ("breathing", sleep, talking in a few cases..etc). we recently learned of the haze in inglewood, as well as the cracks in the ground that while not explicitly said..are the likely source of the haze. of course the behaviours of the pinstriped guy, the noted behaviours of the zombie community at large..yea. all the stuff...roll it in a giant ball of fuck all..but just the facts.

now, what do we have to speculate on? the obvivious one in my mind is the saul/tanya immunity thing. the true "source" of the haze (earthly or alien or wtfbbq)...why inky boy can speak(is he infected? is he not?) how the devil is he making the numbered ones..yea..bunch of stuff there as well.

so here we go...

for the sake of not dragging this thing out into a book format. im not even going to touch the idea of where did the haze originate. that is what it is, and regaurdless of its source...heavenly or hellish..it is alien to what we know on earth..and therefore defined here as alien. that said,
what if the "haze" is a living organism? or correctly said organisms...bacteria sized sentient beings. an interestesting adaptation of the way these beings fuctionality could work is explored in a "a fire upon the deep" by vernor vinge. wiki time!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fire_Upon_the_Deep

for those not wanting to jump around, long story short. a race of dog like creatures, apart are similar to dogsin intellegence, get 4-7 of them together and their consciousness is the equivilent of human intellegence...large groups and it just becomes a jumble, confusing, rather non sapient....any of this sound familar????
so how about if the aliens in the haze take over a body, lets start at the origin point in inglewood. enter the body and feed on the body they reproduce themselves within their host...latching hold of all the primary functions of the host as rapidly as the can. without physical control of their own actions, for the split seconds before their own consciousness "ceases to be"...they watch this happen. perhaps its the endorphins, or serotonin released that this little alien bug thrives on reproduces...and spreads. heh, i need to go study up on my inner brain chemistry now..cause this perhaps could help explain a lot of the whole "smarter in life" idea...or hell, where behemoths come from...we have often wondered about the steroid angle..what if the thing that has infected the body(or corpse), simply feeds on chemical bonds?..like the bonds within serotonin levels of the human body..how fucked would that be?..ok, im getting sidetracked.

so we have set the stage for these little viral parasites..their growing in corpses, controlling them, making them do all kinds of messed up stuff. now, what if a proper chemical mix, or a proper chemical balance withing a body could neutralize these suckers? hell, maybe even make them able to cohabitate the human body right along side their host? perhaps thats what we have seen in saul/tanya. tanya seemed to know exactly what saul needed to be put on as far as his i.v. was concerned. now knowing that she's been bitten as well...leads me to believe that whatever her drug combo may have been does just that..neutralizes...now on the opposite end of the spectrum we have ole pinstripes..if a proper mix of foreign chemical bonds can neutralize the virus...could not an opposing concoction mutate it?..my feeling is thats the case with the little ones and the bigger little ones...he's just seeing what will happen.

holy crap...i dont even remember what the point of this post was.. i need to stop this stream of consciousness shit.

reaper239
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
what if, hannah montana caused the outbreak? over exposure to the music of hannah montana may cause face eating and rage issues.

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
So I have no better place to put this idea...so it goes here.

So we know have Saul trying to figure out how to get Lizzy out of the colony..whatever it takes. We also have Saul, who can breathe at ground zero without any noticable effects. Where my thinking is going is sneak down to the colony with a Trojan horse of sorts...filled with the haze....done. Yea there's lots of small details to work out there..like how to safely get yourself(Saul) and your lady out of there safely...but hell...those details all work out in the end right?...

Robzombie
Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Well, if they used an airpack for lizzie, the one that isnt leaking that is, then Saul could move into and through the haze with her.

PuddleWhite
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Except that that would zombify everyone around them, as we know. Not only is it horrible, and Saul wouldn't do it, but it would also make it hard for them to leave, what with all the zombies around them and stuff.
On a side note, we aren't 100% sure that Saul is immune, it might have been the antibiotics, and he should be long done with those (i don't believe that, but it might be true...)

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Except that that would zombify everyone around them, as we know. Not only is it horrible, and Saul wouldn't do it, but it would also make it hard for them to leave, what with all the zombies around them and stuff.
On a side note, we aren't 100% sure that Saul is immune, it might have been the antibiotics, and he should be long done with those (i don't believe that, but it might be true...)

all true...the moral connundrum it would create would be enough to turn even the most vengeful of upright people away from the idea..and im not advocating it at all..just an idea that popped into my head..

the question i suppose is...if you were faced with a similar option..and getting out would not be an issue..just do it, go in get your love and your unborn child..at the cost of countless lives...would you do it?..hell, would you even consider it?

HardKor
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
The problem I see with the haze Trojan Horse idea is the same problem that plagues all chemical weapons: How do you keep it from dissipating once you release it? I mean that would have to be one hell of a Trojan Horse to cover the Colony in Haze, and that's assuming it doesn't just blow away in the wind once released.

7oddisdead
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
The problem I see with the haze Trojan Horse idea is the same problem that plagues all chemical weapons: How do you keep it from dissipating once you release it? I mean that would have to be one hell of a Trojan Horse to cover the Colony in Haze, and that's assuming it doesn't just blow away in the wind once released.

hmm...well...what keeps it specifically in Inglewood?..i mean, we're probly analyzing this idea far too much..but if the haze has a greater density than air...which it seems to by description, then it stands to reason it would linger long enough for things to happen...perhaps not long enough to turn anyone, but certainly long enough to incapacitate..*shrugs*

reaper239
Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
the only way the haze could keep doing what it's doing is through an active leak. it actively leaks through the ground, which creates a high pressure at the site moving the haze outward. as it travels away from the site, it diffuses through the air around it becoming thiner and thinner until it no longer has an effect. at least in my eyes.

7oddisdead
Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:48 AM
wanna know a secret reaper? im getting bored with reading the same damn ideas over and over again..ever notice how i throw out the wildest of ideas? the main purpose of that is to shake up the collective mind of this forum into seeing things in a different light. i dont buy half the bullshit i spew out...but damn is it fun to say some of this stuff ;)

wait...i mean, umm

so you have to bottle it straight from the source. not such a big deal for saul the chosen of the mole men..(rep to those who get that)

7oddisdead
Aug 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM
8-7-12

Way out there prediction....season 3 ends with Dunbar tower getting attacked by ink and co again.

Just had to get that down somewhere. ;)

And while I'm in the predicting mood....

CJ kills Bixby

Adventureless_Hero
Sep 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Here's a crazy ass theory for you; everyone in the story is dead except for Lizzy's unborn son. He is reading the journals in a distant future. He is the sole survivor of the events we are listening to, and he lives in a world where no one remembers the world before 2007. He is a child of the post apocalyptic world.

Aw hell, but then how did he learn how to read?

Pinstripes taught him!

LiamKerrington
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Here's a crazy ass theory for you; everyone in the story is dead except for Lizzy's unborn son. He is reading the journals in a distant future. He is the sole survivor of the events we are listening to, and he lives in a world where no one remembers the world before 2007. He is a child of the post apocalyptic world.

Pinstripes taught him!

So his name's gonna be John Conner? ;)
No, seriously: I like the idea.

Penguine
Sep 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Pinstripes taught him!

That would be crazy, especially since Michael starts the story and says it all began on May 8, 2009! :D

Hoff4D
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
wanna know a secret reaper? im getting bored with reading the same damn ideas over and over again..ever notice how i throw out the wildest of ideas? the main purpose of that is to shake up the collective mind of this forum into seeing things in a different light. i dont buy half the bullshit i spew out...but damn is it fun to say some of this stuff ;)

wait...i mean, umm

so you have to bottle it straight from the source. not such a big deal for saul the chosen of the mole men..(rep to those who get that)

Maybe your reference IS the answer...Saul IS of the mole men. which is where the haze is presumably coming from being that its a deep crack in the ground, so saul is genetically used to breathing it in. His mother never told him, which is why she's so hush hush over the whole ordeal of her being bitten/scratch. She knows the truth, but has to prove it medically without giving up her people. That's one mighty boosh of a theory....

Hoff4D
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Alright, I haven't read through all the theories, so maybe it has been stated, but let me take a swing at a big one:

Zombie Asexuality.

There, I said it. They're going nowhere people, they will reduce to eating each other if need be, but will continue reproducing. We must eradicate, waiting them out is no longer an option. #2 was referred to as a 'she' because he was surrounded by all males, or alone altogether, made the gender swap, and is gonna drop zombie babies all over Ft. Irwin upon return. She was killed, the zombie(s) (multiples being henceforth known as Z-litters) will survive and be born and go all crazy ZEDfant. Terrible twos got nothing on this offspring

7oddisdead
Sep 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Alright, I haven't read through all the theories, so maybe it has been stated, but let me take a swing at a big one:

Zombie Asexuality.

There, I said it. They're going nowhere people, they will reduce to eating each other if need be, but will continue reproducing. We must eradicate, waiting them out is no longer an option. #2 was referred to as a 'she' because he was surrounded by all males, or alone altogether, made the gender swap, and is gonna drop zombie babies all over Ft. Irwin upon return. She was killed, the zombie(s) (multiples being henceforth known as Z-litters) will survive and be born and go all crazy ZEDfant. Terrible twos got nothing on this offspring

only problem i see here is KC tends to be a bit anal about the physics of things happening..so while i like the idea, i dont see how you could explain the gender swap in a species that has never had that physical ability....now, if you explain it as a parasite/virus/bacteria whatever...and THAT makes the gender swap happen....perhaps ;)

Hoff4D
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
only problem i see here is KC tends to be a bit anal about the physics of things happening..so while i like the idea, i dont see how you could explain the gender swap in a species that has never had that physical ability....now, if you explain it as a parasite/virus/bacteria whatever...and THAT makes the gender swap happen....perhaps ;)

You said you were bored with the same theories, just aiming for the stars here.....well....not literally. If that were the case, I would be blaming Aliens.

7oddisdead
Sep 14th, 2012, 02:18 AM
all good...and im not trying to shoot down ideas..but if i agreed....what fun would that be? ;)

and i still say aliens are the root of this

Hoff4D
Sep 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
all good...and im not trying to shoot down ideas..but if i agreed....what fun would that be? ;)

and i still say aliens are the root of this

7oddisdead
Sep 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM

hey! how did that picture of me get on the internetz!!!11!

Hoff4D
Sep 19th, 2012, 01:00 PM
hey! how did that picture of me get on the internetz!!!11!

Oh, I just tapped into your webcam and turned it on, while biting the feed for the history channel during an interview session of a regular running television show and shopped your webcam stream into it. Anon caught wind and now you're a meme. Congrats.

PS - Who DOES your hair? I need that number asap

7oddisdead
Sep 29th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Oh, I just tapped into your webcam and turned it on, while biting the feed for the history channel during an interview session of a regular running television show and shopped your webcam stream into it. Anon caught wind and now you're a meme. Congrats.

PS - Who DOES your hair? I need that number asap

this dude named falcor...its crazy, those furrry hands work magic...

6000 views..woot

7oddisdead
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
captains log...monday and shit

wild ideas..need to put somewhere. this'll do

trojan gas theory...by being surrounded by the undead, the area surrounding the colony now has low levels of "the haze" while not enough to turn people...it certainly puts a damper on spirits.

the thing scratch found at the end of season two was the original copies of the journals.. everyone seemed to gloss over the fact that when she and her people collected burt she knew exactly where shirly was then..why would she not grab it/her at that point? she wanted the gun from the start. no, scratch found the original copies of the journals. the journals likely contained "options" as to where the tower folk "could" be headed..all she needed to do was narrow down the options. this would also put the majority of the the information up to the destruction of in her hands..helping the idea of scratch being the lone survivor at the end of all this. so at the end of the finale, im expecting a thelma and louise type road trip....(tardust is louise..in case you were wondering) crossing locations off the list from the comfort of their new swat van.

how do you make a crackpot squee? in your season three finale have appearances of more than one pinstripe suited, tattooed zombie fellers...yup, i think its time for that to happen...

kaw-face

scbubba
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:23 AM
captains log...monday and shit

wild ideas..need to put somewhere. this'll do

how do you make a crackpot squee? in your season three finale have appearances of more than one pinstripe suited, tattooed zombie fellers...yup, i think its time for that to happen...

kaw-face

Was thinking about pinstrips, markings, etc as I finished Season 1 and started Season 2 this weekend. I figure we don't really have many confirmations that every tattooed Z and every suited Z are the same. We have a dude with strange skin at the Arena (says Datu and Skittles), we have pinstriped suit with tattooed face (Michael, Angel, Saul, Burt, etc at Tower), "commanding figure" on top of building during the fire after the War (Michael, Burt?), Suited dude in hospital (Kalani and Riley - Kalani says it's the one from the Arena?), Tattooed Dude in photos at Dunbar (CJ, Saul - Saul say it is pinstripes from Tower), and the "fk'er in the suit" at the Colony (Saul).

There's a lot of room for a theory about multiple "special" Zeds. I think that, along with RandyZ, there are at least 2 more of these leader guys. The Arena dude being one and Pinstripes being a different one (from the Tower and Cain Hospital)

Not sure how it will play out, but it will be interesting....

Duffusmonkey
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
District 9 Theory:

I saw District 9 the other day and I loved it! So much that I ignored some questionable plots, such as spaceship fuel genetically altering a human exposed to it. The aliens tied thier technology to thier genetic code so it was unusable by other species. A human was genetically changed into a Alien when he was sprayed in the face with the fuel,

I even Tweeted KC about how the narrative documentary style of the movie reminded me of We're alive.

Today it hit me! The zombie virus is a mutation of spaceship genetic fuel. How did it get into the earth? From an ancient alien spaceship crashing into earth! It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light so interstellar travel could take several lifetimes. A spaceship would have to be the size of a large city to support several generations of space travelers. The impact with earth with a spaceship that big caused the ice age that killed of the dinosaurs. The genetic fuel spread around the world through the impact and caused Viruses to mutate. Most of the species infected by the virus died off and humans evolved from creatures that had an immunity. The virus died out everywhere but in giant subterranean caverns under the North American Tectonic plate. These caverns by the violent tectonic plate movement caused by s meterior strike that created the Ice age. Global warming allowed these caverns to thaw. The biological matter decomposed creating huge pockets of gas all along the Pacific ring of fire. Gas pressure allowed these pockets to link to each other until it connected to northern infected pocket. A small earthquake allowed the gas pockets to release the alien fuel mutated viruses along the junction of The North American and pacific Tectonic plates. California is right on this juncture!

Since it had been millions of years since the earth had been exposed to the virus only a few people per million have even a partial immunity.

Alien spaceship fuel explains everything !

Osiris
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Alien Bird Flu.

:hsugh:

Duffusmonkey
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Alien Bird Flu.

Exactly! You understand! Why doesn't the so-called "Scientific" community understand? They laughed at my theories LAUGHED! But I will have the last laugh when I harvest survivors to get their virus resistant DNA! Oops I might have gotten confused with the plot to "Night of the Comet" :(

scbubba
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Exactly! You understand! Why doesn't the so-called "Scientific" community understand? They laughed at my theories LAUGHED! But I will have the last laugh when I harvest survivors to get their virus resistant DNA! Oops I might have gotten confused with the plot to "Night of the Comet" :(

Sounds vaguely related to "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". Here judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXy8DpF5k0

I'm just sayin'

Hoff4D
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
this dude named falcor...its crazy, those furrry hands work magic...

6000 views..woot

Just seen this, been too far removed from this thread, time to come back. I'll have to give Falcor a ring......Perhaps he can give me the Peter Griffin treatment, YEAAAAAA!!!! 2312

Also just gonna drop a crackpot here since I'm here....it's a repost of mine from 35-3 discussion, but it belongs here. It was in reply to the doctor of witches, I'll paraphrase/quote the reply:

OK, some questions that need answers.
Randy

Pete mentions that he is wearing a brownish shirt. Sean calls him a 'techie' when he sends him to the water pumping station. "Brown" collar jobs are considered paraprofessional positions in the USA. Did he work at the station?
Mentioned by someone that he is at the pumping station when we first encounter a Behemoth. Any connections?
Has a mark on his head. Lighting bolt like Harry Potter? White hand print like the Uruk Hai? Scratch marked him some time and place?
Ally, Adversary or Aggregate of Ink?

Mark on Randy = Harry Potter lightning bolt equivalent from when Ink first battled Randy and Michael's love for him protected him from dying, but couldn't stop the turning process. Michael ended with a broken arm, Randy a Z-virus.....This is why Randy is a good zombie, and is merely seeking Michael to ask him why he saved him. They both ride off into the sunset upon their united effort against Ink to come.....

Osiris
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM

Because 7oddisdead--contrary to his claims--is NOT a member of the scientific community.

7oddisdead
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Because 7oddisdead--contrary to his claims--is NOT a member of the scientific community.

That's not what my b.s. In gastronomical physics says...

Right at the bottom it says... " totally legit and shit"

Osiris
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
That's not what my b.s. In gastronomical physics says...

Right at the bottom it says... " totally legit and shit"

Sounds about right.

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 01:52 AM
ive had several sierra Nevada torpedos this evening, so im revisiting this thread.

we're nearing the end of the story, so to speak. that makes me look at things we could possibly discuss in this thread.

ground zero
the little ones/ink
the family/durai/scratch/angel
just exactly what the virus is

for tonight, ill be visiting the virus.

many of us on here in the early days of the story took note of the "ant theory". there's also the pack mentality of individual groups of zoms "hunting". then we have the hive mentality of all the zoms seemingly behaving on group commands.

ive put forth the idea before of a fast forward evolution idea, and I still stand by that idea. without delving to deeply into ground zero or what happened there, lets assume that whatever came from the ground there is foreign to anything we as humans know/have known/will know.
now, if we are to analyse what a foreign body, on a viral level could do. given the opportunity to go through the proper evolutionary chains..it only makes sense to go through all the chains retaining the parts they find most valuable to the continuence of their existence. this leads me to believe that given enough time, the "undead" would reach a point where they have returned to being simply human. the final stage of evolution. jeez, if that is allowed to happen....its like hell on earth. a planet of nothing but the greatest of predators. while I don't believe the story has any sort of underlying social statements like many zombie stories do...its hard to ignore things like that. what does it say about us as a species on this planet, when the greatest group of killers are evolving toward a point of being.... human....again?

have a wild idea? put it here...the more the merrier

edit*
just wanted to note, theres only 3 threads above this one as far as views go in theory threads(@ 9500+ as of this typing). im very proud of that fact. bout a hundred more and its no. 3 couple hundred more and its no. 2 putting right under whos the rat v2.0...that tells me a lot of us are crazy here, its not just me...im ok with that :)

scbubba
Oct 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
ive put forth the idea before of a fast forward evolution idea, and I still stand by that idea. without delving to deeply into ground zero or what happened there, lets assume that whatever came from the ground there is foreign to anything we as humans know/have known/will know.
now, if we are to analyse what a foreign body, on a viral level could do. given the opportunity to go through the proper evolutionary chains..it only makes sense to go through all the chains retaining the parts they find most valuable to the continuence of their existence. this leads me to believe that given enough time, the "undead" would reach a point where they have returned to being simply human. the final stage of evolution. jeez, if that is allowed to happen....its like hell on earth. a planet of nothing but the greatest of predators. while I don't believe the story has any sort of underlying social statements like many zombie stories do...its hard to ignore things like that. what does it say about us as a species on this planet, when the greatest group of killers are evolving toward a point of being.... human....again?

have a wild idea? put it here...the more the merrier

7odd, I like the idea of the evolution fast forward. Not sure if the end result is human this time around though. Will be pretty interesting if we find out where it would progress if this turns out to be what it is.

Either way, I think TOWTM has done something to try to take control of it to make his own team/race/species. That freaky f'er used what "nature" gave him and is making it "better" and possibly controllable. That may be why he holds back the Little Ones in Chapter 36, let the old stock/animalistic Zeds soak up the punishment and then the LO's swoop in and make some new stock.

So, TOWTM is super smart and taking advantage of the situation. Did he have some fore knowledge of the situation and prepared ahead of it? Maybe maybe not. Either way, he is trying to make his own super human world domination team....

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Is it evolutionary or intelligent design? I think there as an intelligence behind it. Evolution is slow and plodding. It's fluke and luck. Tanya and Saul's immunity passed through their children is Evolution. Evolution gave us lions and tigers and cheetahs. Intelligent design gave us toy poodles and great danes. Evolution doesn't really want. It is more the rare event that finds 1 winner after thousands of losses.

I think there is an intelligence behind what is happening in LA.

But like everything in this story there is a wait a minute. Is Kalani bragging and saying my zombies are nastier than your's or are there really nastier ones in Hawaii than biters, Beheomeths, runners and Ink. Damn!!!

Never mind.

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Man....im not going down the "god v. Darwin" road...of course there seems to be intelligence behind what's happening and if we want to get all proper with our terminology then yes, its more intelligent design than evolution. The context that comes with that phrase just feels wrong to me.

But im not sure I like the intelligent design idea either. The way I see it, what's happening is like a thousand years of evolution happening within weeks. If you want to call that intelligent...then yes I'll agree 100%...but I still see it as evolution.

Guess I kinda did go god-v-Darwin...

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM
That was probably a bad choice on my part. I did not mean a god intelligent design. Grrrr.....

But, I guess I see chemistry as much as evolution. I do not see evolution as much as I see building a better mouse trap, but as I said in the other thread, I see conspiracy not random events

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I think we using different words for the same thing. Tends to happen on days like today where were the only two going back and forth on threads....ive missed this shit man, I really have.

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Ok, I think ink or someone higher up than ink is building a better mouse trap. The "virus" may be a component, but (s)he can also use anabolic steroids, selective hosts, etc. is that what you see or do you see the virus driving it's own evolution?

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Little of both actually.

I feel like virus is driving itself forward on the regulars. I feel like that's why we have seen home behavior and hunting patterns evolve over the course of the story. The special zombies, yea couldn't agree more, they are fucked with. Best analogy I can think for my feeling on them is superhero bonzai trees...they would have been badasses before, but a snip here, a snip there....inject some of this and lets see what happens.

scbubba
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Whatever the term, I think the base cause is what created the "normal" biters. That's as far as evolution/whatever has taken humanity to this point in the story. The crash course in Intelligent Design is being perpetrated by either TOWTM or some power controlling him. The key questions that brings up are: a) is the root cause man-made or otherwise, b) how is the design of the Little Ones (and earlier special biters) being done, and c) who is doing all the work?

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:40 PM
D) all of the above.

scbubba
Oct 4th, 2013, 09:11 PM
D) all of the above.

Well, yeah. There is that too....

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 01:04 AM
back to address this with a sober mind.

The key questions that brings up are: a) is the root cause man-made or otherwise, b) how is the design of the Little Ones (and earlier special biters) being done, and c) who is doing all the work?

so ive been doing this thing for a long time now, a few years at least. one thing that hasn't really changed is my feelings on all the above questions. nothing here is new info. all the same shit (my opinion)

the outbreak started due to the "haze" coming from ground zero. in my opinion the haze is actually a virus of sorts thats "assimilating" life on this planet. the design of the special ones is perpetrated by TOWTM or pinstripes (depending on your opinion). why he does it, I have no idea. I cant explain what goes on in the mind of a schizophrenic and neither can I. (:)) and the "work" the organizing, the leadership, all of it stems from him..and him alone.

now the part I don't really talk about.

the virus is alien. the reason the haze stays in Inglewood is its protecting whats in the cracks. the little ones??? they came from the cracks...they were not engineered or whatever. ink numbered them so they could be identified, and they would have their own identity. ink is the ringleader behind all this...but hes also the human/alien liason of sorts.

how crazy would that be? what if you, out of all the human race knew...a alien (to us at least) species existed on this earth? would you risk everything, the human race, the earth itself..just to be one who bought them to us? not ganna lie, if this were the actual scenario, and im not quite delusional enough to think it is..i cant say that I wouldn't do the same thing...I mean imagine seeing a totally new species close to human, but not quite...and your the one who found them? I would do that.

the beauty of this story is all the possible angles that COULD be taken with the info we have.

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 04:12 AM
so ive been doing this thing for a long time now, a few years at least. one thing that hasn't really changed is my feelings on all the above questions. nothing here is new info. all the same shit (my opinion)

I haven't been around here as long as you have but I've also seen the same things keep coming up. The good thing about it is that, as the episodes keep coming, new (sometimes relevant) info comes with the episodes. So some of the the theories get revised and some of the same ones get tossed back into the mix. The signal to noise ratio (new stuff vs same old stuff) gets pretty low at times...

the outbreak started due to the "haze" coming from ground zero. in my opinion the haze is actually a virus of sorts thats "assimilating" life on this planet. the design of the special ones is perpetrated by TOWTM or pinstripes (depending on your opinion). why he does it, I have no idea. I cant explain what goes on in the mind of a schizophrenic and neither can I. (:)) and the "work" the organizing, the leadership, all of it stems from him..and him alone.

I'm down with a virus origin story. Not sure if it's an assimilation or just super virus activity. I'm still a little up in the air as to whether or not the "cause" only made the normals or also made the few specials we have in the early days (runner, jumper, behemoth). I've been leaning toward these specials, and then the Little Ones, coming from the mind of someone else. And that mind, crazy or not, is in control....

now the part I don't really talk about.

the virus is alien. the reason the haze stays in Inglewood is its protecting whats in the cracks. the little ones??? they came from the cracks...they were not engineered or whatever. ink numbered them so they could be identified, and they would have their own identity. ink is the ringleader behind all this...but hes also the human/alien liason of sorts.

how crazy would that be? what if you, out of all the human race knew...a alien (to us at least) species existed on this earth? would you risk everything, the human race, the earth itself..just to be one who bought them to us? not ganna lie, if this were the actual scenario, and im not quite delusional enough to think it is..i cant say that I wouldn't do the same thing...I mean imagine seeing a totally new species close to human, but not quite...and your the one who found them? I would do that.
I like your scenario.... and your question.
I'm not really sure I could say no to that situation, either.
It could even be looked at from a few different angles. One being "I will have power and authority under our new alien overlords!" and another could be "If I do this, I may be able to help the human race." A different angle would be "I'm so curious about this discovery I 'm going to try to learn as much as possible" where the curiosity ends up unleashing this on the world.

the beauty of this story is all the possible angles that COULD be taken with the info we have.
I think you hit on one of the main things that keeps people going on about theories (crackpot and tinfoil hat types included) here in the forum. At this point, anyone could be right and just about anything of the ideas could be relevant. Great writing and storytelling usually wins in the end....

Grognaurd
Oct 8th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Just pulling in one of my early observations. The first zombies are described as covered in Scars and Bruises by Michael. The general populace is not covered in scars. This implies repeated damage and healing as if subjected to experimentation

Whatever it is at ground zero, it gets past standard gas mask protection, unless CJ sabotaged that also. Assumption, whatever is at ground zero it is at a very high concentration and it only takes a little to have an effect. This is an Airborn contagion and really bad news.

In chapter One Riley does say the closer they where when asked how long did it take for people to change. CJ also says "if they get close" when she does not want to have her leg amputated. This is a bit of a reach, but I have felt that the zombies themselves have an area of affect in addition to the bite or scratch. Maybe just sweat or water vapor from respiration.

Assuming you are right about the little ones coming from inside the Earth and a subterranean ape theory. One of the things they might have is extra thick finger nails to dig. Going further with the Ant-Ape, the majority of the Ants in the colony are underground, Saul asks, where did everybody go? Something else, animals in the dark can have light-blindness. Just sit in the dark for an hour and turn the lights on.

Victor has been exposed twice and Pegs once. Did they not get a high enough dose or do they have their own partial immunity, kind of like a higher tolerance?

7oddisdead
Oct 11th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Just pulling in one of my early observations. The first zombies are described as covered in Scars and Bruises by Michael. The general populace is not covered in scars. This implies repeated damage and healing as if subjected to experimentation

Whatever it is at ground zero, it gets past standard gas mask protection, unless CJ sabotaged that also. Assumption, whatever is at ground zero it is at a very high concentration and it only takes a little to have an effect. This is an Airborn contagion and really bad news.

In chapter One Riley does say the closer they where when asked how long did it take for people to change. CJ also says "if they get close" when she does not want to have her leg amputated. This is a bit of a reach, but I have felt that the zombies themselves have an area of affect in addition to the bite or scratch. Maybe just sweat or water vapor from respiration.

Assuming you are right about the little ones coming from inside the Earth and a subterranean ape theory. One of the things they might have is extra thick finger nails to dig. Going further with the Ant-Ape, the majority of the Ants in the colony are underground, Saul asks, where did everybody go? Something else, animals in the dark can have light-blindness. Just sit in the dark for an hour and turn the lights on.

Victor has been exposed twice and Pegs once. Did they not get a high enough dose or do they have their own partial immunity, kind of like a higher tolerance?

yup. we, sir....are on the same page.

another thing with the victor/higher immunity bit. he was in a close confine fight with one of the little ones. going on the premise that the zoms have a certain amount of whatevers at ground zero. it would stand to reason that he should have felt some affects in that scene.

heh....we are delusional. turn my brain off please.

7oddisdead
Oct 12th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Going back to the underground/ant hill in Inglewood/colony of little ones idea.

This is all just speculation and connecting possible things( as per my usual)

Going with arts idea of ant-apes with a certain amount of night blindness. Lets piece together how this scenario could work.

Say the little ones did come from underground. With the sensitivity to sunlight they would have, keeping them in dark areas would he paramount. We loosely can assume that the little ones were in the basement at the hospital. We can also "loosely" assume that one of the first hunting trips they went on was at the base when kalani and angel first encountered them. While not an underground location, it is a dark, cool quiet place.

Now, knowing what we do about the basic behavior changes of the zoms. Could we not assume the same would be true for the little ones? Could not their growth,intelligence,strength,etc be attributed to that? I mean, that we are aware of...the only other ones to show physical "growth" are the behemoths. And whether or not that is artificially done is up for debate. So I have to question if the little ones were ever human. Much as what is said in the show. Also, who's to say that there isn't more of them still at ground zero if that's the case?

I dunno, pretty crazy shit...if you actually let your mind wander down the side roads.

Z Sniper
Oct 13th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Datu is an alien.

LiamKerrington
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Today I listened to WND #60, and it struck me, when Nikvoodoo and scbubba talked about the baby to be born ...

A few days after little Henry has entered the world, something bad's gonna happen. For whatever reason them zombos find the baby and get it. Because they know: Ink wants it. Ink needs to create Little One no #13. *dundunDUNNNN!*
Then Saul's gonna be pissed big time, and Burt's hour has come, because - as you may remember from the hospital - Burt's purpose has finally come. Saul and Burt will move to the hospital, medically, chemically, and biologically prepared by Tanya. And we should not forget Victor ...

The theme is simple: Family ties. Saul and Lizzy and Henry are the youngest members of the family; Tanya is Ma to Saul and Grandma to Henry; OK, Burt's not really grandpa, but is almost in the position. And as you all know it: Victor's da Bro. So "The Waltons - Next Generation" strike back, zombocalypse style.

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:32 AM
I can get behind this ^^^

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 13th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Today I listened to WND #60, and it struck me, when Nikvoodoo and scbubba talked about the baby to be born ...

A few days after little Henry has entered the world, something bad's gonna happen. For whatever reason them zombos find the baby and get it. Because they know: Ink wants it. Ink needs to create Little One no #13. *dundunDUNNNN!*
Then Saul's gonna be pissed big time, and Burt's hour has come, because - as you may remember from the hospital - Burt's purpose has finally come. Saul and Burt will move to the hospital, medically, chemically, and biologically prepared by Tanya. And we should not forget Victor ...

The theme is simple: Family ties. Saul and Lizzy and Henry are the youngest members of the family; Tanya is Ma to Saul and Grandma to Henry; OK, Burt's not really grandpa, but is almost in the position. And as you all know it: Victor's da Bro. So "The Waltons - Next Generation" strike back, zombocalypse style.

Best wishes!
Liam

Geez! I hope that the whole baby story will include something like...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1210183/thumbs/o-ALISON-JACKSON-KIM-KARDASHIAN-KANYE-WEST-570.jpg?1

7oddisdead
Oct 16th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Geez! I hope that the whole baby story will include something like...

yyyyeeeeeaaaa....no.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2013, 03:18 AM
yyyyeeeeeaaaa....no.

Damn, I knew that I have forgotten to put a "not" somewhere -> "not include" instead of "include". Sorry.

7oddisdead
Oct 17th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I was being a smartass yabc, dry humor does not carry over the internet well....hell, I bet most people think half my posts in this thread are serious.

of course, half of them are..and a third of those have been half right. If this were baseball, id be batting in the number five spot, possibly sixth depending on the lineup and whos pitching.(its totally baseball season/might have cardinal fever atm)

7oddisdead
Oct 17th, 2013, 01:40 AM
so this is not a new idea. but its one id like to consider. ( im taking a version of the original premise from grognaurd)<

so what if kimmet was in contact with durai?

the basic idea here is simple, kimmet was also a part of the family. now that could explain a few things about his behavior. that could explain why he had his niece's body brought back. that could explain his lack of communication with other military branches...hell it could explain a lot of things....but.

heres one ive yet to hear.

what if "the family" wasn't just a bunch of Mafioso fuckers? have we ever been explicitly told that the family is in fact part of the mob/a mob/IS the mob? not to my recollection. now, im not saying they were/are a bunch of saints..but im trying to think a bit deeper here. im currently racking my brain for some kind of "keeper of secrets" type group from history. but who needs history when you have harry potter.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Keeper

this is a VERY huge leap to make when it come to trying to bridge a gap like this, bbuuuuuuuuuuutt. in its own way it makes sense. if durai (or someone within his "family circle") knew of what COULD happen in Inglewood, then that could explain how he knew to be in one of the most relatively safe locations he could be at the time (prison), have the obviously soft guy there as well(latch), how scratch knew to break them out fast..how they knew to plan VERY early on to take out the "nest"...basically durai seemed FAR to on top of things to have simply been a "mob guy", and if it wasn't for scratch being "slightly unhinged" he would have turned the colony into exactly what CJ has, albeit slightly more "my way or the highway" ...and with that we have kimmet, whose military connections would put him in the best position to move people from his region (southwestern region) to a safe, secure location. and do it fairly quickly at that. he also seemed to be (without much luck) going with the same plan of "blow the fucking nest up" as durai..(I know that's probly just military strategy, but it fits here..so suck eggs trabek)

I don't know, I still have a hard time bringing those two (durai/kimmet) together in a cohesive way..but I can see how it could be possible..shit, anythings possible when your just connecting dots. but at this point, I do feel like theres some things we are missing, and have for a while now.

todd out

Grognaurd
Oct 17th, 2013, 04:19 AM
It does not have to be Durai. What if it was Marcus? It could even be someone we have not met. The ring has three connected circles. Scratch explicitly says the other family. <br />
<br />
I am still...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
so this is not a new idea. but its one id like to consider. ( im taking a version of the original premise from grognaurd)<

so what if kimmet was in contact with durai?

the basic idea here is simple, kimmet was also a part of the family....
what if "the family" wasn't just a bunch of Mafioso fuckers? have we ever been explicitly told that the family is in fact part of the mob/a mob/IS the mob? not to my recollection. now, im not saying they were/are a bunch of saints..but im trying to think a bit deeper here. im currently racking my brain for some kind of "keeper of secrets" type group from history. but who needs history when you have harry potter.
todd out

:mad: Now where have I heard this before? http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3446-Chapter-s-31-Artwork-The-Ring&highlight=borromean+rings :mad:

Ladies and gentlemen..grab your willow sticks..we're chasing wild gooses!

Sorry, but I just can't believe that clues to the story can be found here. Call me a cynic if you will...but yea....no

Hmm...guess I haven't been listening to the same podcast then. Cause I could have sworn durai was in prison, as was latch...covering for a crime scratch committed. And they are still surrounding themselves with prisoners...and we have heard discussion of rings, family, protecting their own, etc...hmm...yea, sure does sound like something other than a crime family to me..id love nothing more than to be wrong, that would be incredibly interesting...but sadly..a spade is sometimes ...a spade

Thank you sir, its a stretch...my opinion on that is quite obvious...but I applaud your enthusiasm without a doubt.
OK. This last one was nice. NOPE! You SUMMA bip.. gut..cuck.. GUN!! All the smickety smack scridibbly spork you and Yari gave me for that crackpot theory! Argghhuurrfrrigggttcc!!!
REP ME MUTHA FUCKA :mad:

All in good fun 7oddisdead, all in good fun.

7oddisdead
Oct 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
no.

well ok...maybe yea. man, giving you shit in that thread was fun. I just cant follow a trail based on artwork. but subconsciously....ya got me brobeans..

whatever
love n hate you
todd-o

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
no.

well ok...maybe yea. man, giving you shit in that thread was fun. I just cant follow a trail based on artwork. but subconsciously....ya got me brobeans..

whatever
love n hate you
todd-o

OK I Happy now :D

7oddisdead
Oct 18th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Heh, "grab your willow sticks....we're chasing wild gooses". That shit was funny, where the hell did I come up with that one?

Pulling back the curtain a lil. I have honestly spouted so much shit on this forum i forget things like that thread happened. That's one of the problems with digging so far into the "crackpot" territory...so many different options become open keeping them straight is a real bitch at times...honestly, this^^^^stuff that happened is the main reason for wanting to get the "team theory" project going. So we can all keep our stuff straight.

Back on track though, radioactive alien ants in Inglewood... Its a fact jack, google that shit.

:hsugh:

7id out

7oddisdead
Oct 18th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Ok. Not really out...

So I've done the ant colony -v- were alive zombie comparison many times. Taynas looking for clues in behavior in the recent chapter brought me back to that tonight. So, here ya go.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/08/gallery-ant-warfare/all/

And furthermore...
http://xenophobiaworkshop.wikispaces.asu.edu/file/view/MoffettScientificAmerican.pdf

^im mobile, so im not sure if that link will work. But if not, find it....READ IT! it will change how you look at the zoms in the story.

I swear, if this isn't what KC used for his influence, im writing a damn book myself..

Now,
Todd out

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
So I've done the ant colony -v- were alive zombie comparison many times. Taynas looking for clues in behavior in the recent chapter brought me back to that tonight. So, here ya go.
And furthermore...
http://xenophobiaworkshop.wikispaces.asu.edu/file/view/MoffettScientificAmerican.pdf
I swear, if this isn't what KC used for his influence, im writing a damn book myself..
Now,
Todd out

The picture of the author in the top right corner is sort of how I imagine Randy to look.

Grognaurd
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Ants use Formic Acid to mark trails. It stinks, kinda like someone else we know

7oddisdead
Nov 8th, 2013, 01:33 AM
just droppin some links here for future use. may look like a pile now...but it makes sense, eventually.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/schizophrenia_symptom.htm
http://quizlet.com/23265012/neuro-test-5-all-lectures-flash-cards/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broca's_area
http://www.oocities.org/jvertesi/nijschizo.html
http://www.jashow.org/wiki/index.php/Can_Occult_Practices_Lead_to_Psychiatric_Illness_a nd_Related_Problems%3F
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/21/herman-cain-is-obsessed-with-signs-and-symbols.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7517947
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hep.510240212/pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7698581
http://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/13/12/2850.full

if anyone decides to delve through that. bear in mind, im just collecting ideas. those last bits about liver regeneration sure seem interesting. also interested in the prognosis of paranoid szchizophenia and how it relates to the story. im working guys, im working......

GreggSz
Dec 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Thinking back to how people turned….

People bit or scratched by little ones turned fast. Like in 33-1 there were notes about victims turning and the entire Bolder collapse was fast.

People bit or scratched from “special ones” (jumpers, runners or smart ones) turned within minutes. Like Tommy in 14-1.

I don’t recall anyone turned from a regular one. Special ones seem to command the hordes of regular ones. What if the regular ones either kill, eat or bring people to their commanders to be turned.

Tanya was dragged away in 19-1, we hear CJ tell the story of Ink saying leave her in 25-2. Datu, Samantha and Kalani were not bitten when taken to the arena. In 39-1 Wendy was bit and in 41-2 Ink was bit but they don’t say what type bit them.

So the special ones were very busy during the exponential zombies growth in the original outbreak and Cindy in 1-1 would have been bit by a special one that figured out how to navigate the fire doors or elevator of the tower.

In 41-1 Datu says a regular one bit him. If this theory is anywhere close, Datu, Tanya and Saul have a chance.

Witch_Doctor
Dec 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thinking back to how people turned….
I don’t recall anyone turned from a regular one. Special ones seem to command the hordes of regular ones. What if the regular ones either kill, eat or bring people to their commanders to be turned.

Fernando, Victor's friend, was turned outside of the Colony. Victor said that there were no special zombies there (Except for a few clever ones)

GreggSz
Dec 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
That was a herd attack and in my crack pot theory there would have been special ones around in command of the herd. Fernando’s bit came from an unseen zombie who smashes through a window. The turning was like Tommy’s so maybe…