PDA

View Full Version : Cremation? Casket and Plot? Other?

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
So I've been arguing with a friend for the last 2 weeks about my wish to be burned and dump in a river when I pass from this mortal coil. His view is it isn't right because 'you burn in hell, so if you are cremated you're going to hell.' Something I simply do not agree with. He sent me a text about an hour ago with the words 'remember that time you went to hell lol'

What do the survivors have in mind for the end?

HardKor
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I kinda like the idea of being preserved like Lenin. Prop my up on the couch with a beer in my hand for parties. People can take pictures with me etc.
But seriously for me it doesn't matter. What makes a person who they are is the spirit (or soul, lifeforce etc.. call it what you will) The body is just meat and bone as far as I'm concerned. Without that spark that makes us alive, the body is just an empty shell.

Kunja
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
So I've been arguing with a friend for the last 2 weeks about my wish to be burned and dump in a river when I pass from this mortal coil. His view is it isn't right because 'you burn in hell, so if you are cremated you're going to hell.' Something I simply do not agree with. He sent me a text about an hour ago with the words 'remember that time you went to hell lol'

What do the survivors have in mind for the end?

I do know of a some christians do not approve of cremation because they consider it "rude" or "disrespectful" to God because of the bodily resurrection at the second coming... I personally believe that is a gross missunderstanding of what the bible teaches...
I am a christian, and I've put a good amount of study into it so I would be able to articulate my beliefs and wouldn't fall back on "what feels right to me"... and I can assure you, as per the bible, that anything physicaly done to your body will not cause you to go to hell...

as for me... I won't care what happens to me once I'm dead!

mascaria
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Promession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/4336100.stm

Promession involves freezing the body and coffin to -18C then dipping it in liquid nitrogen at -196C.

Both body and coffin become so brittle that by the time they are placed on a vibrating pad, they disintegrate into a powder. A metal separator then picks out metals such as artificial hips and mercury dental fillings to be put in a biodegradable coffin.

The powder is put into a small box made of potato or corn starch and placed in a shallow grave, where it will disintegrate within six to 12 months.

Relatives would then be encouraged to plant a tree on the grave which would feed off the compost formed from the body.

Luna Guardian
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I seriously haven't given it any serious thought. At one time I played around with the idea of combining as many burial rites from as many religions as I could so that I'd have the best chances of ascending to Heaven, but I'm not really sure that'd be feasible. If I have the money, I'd like to have my bones shot to the Moon. Literally.

Again, not very likely though

IAmBabs
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:49 AM
I want to be mummified. I will be a perfectly preserved (albeit stiff) zombie.

clparson
Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
What I would really love for my funeral would be a Jazz parade like they have in New Orleans and then have my casket put into a mausoleum. I think it would be so beautiful and fun. I rather people celebrate my life than mourn my death.

MrScott101
Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure yet what I would prefer I've gone from being frozen to wanting to be buried to cremation. As for the survivors I'd think cremation to avoid becoming a zom.

Ctatyk Frost
Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
To be perfectly honest...I don't care what they do with my body...hell....bury it in the flower bed if it'll help fertilize it. Chop it up & feed it to the dog....
I'll be dead....beyond caring about this vessel...I'll be on my way to the next vessel. Yes, I'm one of those whack jobs that believes in reincarnation.

Creem_Filling
Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
I want to be buried in a stone tomb like a king. By that I mean, I want one of the above ground stone tombs with a stone stature of me lyinging down dead on the top. Like you see in Fable: Lost Chapters or Lord of the Rings. I understand that death is an extremely unimportant even once you die, but I'm a nerd with a dream!

smalls kenobi
Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
I totally want a Viking burial, lay me in a boat with my xbox, N64, Rock Band kit, machete and tomahawk, and set me to sail. Then fire a burning arrow and light me on fire.

shric debar
Jun 4th, 2011, 06:53 AM
definateley burned. then i can't comeback as a zomibie. though i want to be burned on a pyre. medievil style or like a jedi

Tandem25
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:43 AM
meh. doesn't matter.

Although... I wouldn't mind being bronzed.

DJofSparta
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:35 AM
I am a Sikh and I find the thought of my body rotting in the ground to be disturbing. I would have to go with cremation on this one, but if there is a cooler way to dispose of my body I'm all for it.

Dr Janus
Jun 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Only costs about $5,300 to send your ashes into space... I reckon that would be a fitting send off.... Frankly what's the diff how your buried, your body gets reduced to dust anyway, absorbed into the soil or left to flutter into the ether.. Your dead, so what d hell you gonna do about it, no point getting all superstitiously freaked out about it which way or the other I say. We are inanimate products going through a constant catalytic cycle of chemical reactions giving the impression of life. Me personally I like the idea of cremation, then absorbing my ashes intravenously into a living creature..

mythicgr66
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Cremation, especially during a zombie apocalypse

or coffing fired in to deep space

Creem_Filling
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Dang it! I should have said I want to be cremated. It makes the most sense with my name. Only Creemy can be cremated properly.

bequita
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
To be perfectly honest...I don't care what they do with my body...hell....bury it in the flower bed if it'll help fertilize it. Chop it up & feed it to the dog....
I'll be dead....beyond caring about this vessel...I'll be on my way to the next vessel. Yes, I'm one of those whack jobs that believes in reincarnation.

Give away what you can and burn the rest. I don't really care be in a box forever. I told my family if they needed a place to visit afterwards they could plant a tree or buy a bench.

Osiris
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Dang it! I should have said I want to be cremated. It makes the most sense with my name. Only Creemy can be cremated properly.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4qVit4S0B9Q/TPihMNCGITI/AAAAAAAABJI/cRUKfX7fEF8/s400/fuck%2Byeaaa.JPG

Lab Rat
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I was talking to my wife about this recently and we both think cremation's the way to go. Although, if someone comes up with a way to have me preserved in metal like Han Solo in carbonite, she's on her own.

Osiris
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I was talking to my wife about this recently and we both think cremation's the way to go. Although, if someone comes up with a way to have me preserved in metal like Han Solo in carbonite, she's on her own.

Lol! I thought about that too for a short time. That would be awesome to make the wife display me on the wall for the rest of her life.