PDA

View Full Version : Another Universe.

mascaria
Jun 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Part of the greatness of fiction/science fiction/games/movies is the creation of entirely new and different universes. Some are essentially the same as ours, some are completely different.

So thinking about all the different universes which would you choose to live in, if you could? Would it be a world of magic? Of super heroes and villains? Of zombies and army men ;)? Of technology and mecha? Of epic journeys and sword fights? Of doctors and time travel? Of glittery vampires and werewolves with 8 pack abs? Of dragons? Of orcs? Of star-ships and space ambassadorship? Of space ships and outer rim planets?

Where would you live? Why? What role would you ideally play there?

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
I love Forgotten Realms by R.A. Salvatore, but I'm not sure I'd want to be a drow living in such a treacherous world...but there is no doubt that I'd want to live in a magical world filled with elves, humans, dwarfs, dragons, etc. XD

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
any book by Diana Galbaldon I wouldn't mind being in the 1700's
Anne McCaffery The Dragon's of Pern. Who wouldn't want a dragon of their own?

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
any book by Diana Galbaldon I wouldn't mind being in the 1700's
Anne McCaffery The Dragon's of Pern. Who wouldn't want a dragon of their own?

Jamie Fraser, yes PLEASE! :D

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Jamie Fraser, yes PLEASE! :D
OH MY GOD you know that book!!!!?????!??!????

Chelsea isn't Chris hemsworth like the ultimate Jamie Fraser?

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Two words..."Gabriel Aubry." Just imagine him with red hair! *Drools*

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:23 PM
Two words..."Gabriel Aubry." Just imagine him with red hair! *Drools*

remember the words.. 23 year old scottish virgin.. I am not thinking Gabriel can pull that off or has been able to pull that off since he was oh. 12. I'll see your GA and raise you a Chris Hemsworth. :D

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ummmm...Chris is okay...I just think Gabriel's features are identical to Jamie's in the illustrated version of Outlander :D

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM
But in the description of him in the book. Chris is hands down. High flat broad cheekbones. Cat eyes fair skin the height and the build. Have you seen Thor?

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
I've seen Thor; he could pull it off. I just prefer Gabriel. Chris isn't really my type...he doesn't strike me as a 23 year old virgin either ;)

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
More so then Gabrial.. Lordy that man is pretty. Way to pretty

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM
More so then Gabrial.. Lordy that man is pretty. Way to pretty

Who's pretty?

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:32 PM
gabrial is so lovely I could see him but can he act?

Chelsea C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM
gabrial is so lovely I could see him but can he act?

I have noooooo clue, but in my fantasies he can ;)

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I have noooooo clue, but in my fantasies he can ;)

Rock on sister!

cupcakezombie
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Chris Hemsworth used to be in Australian soap we get here (Home and Away), he can be in anything else he wants to in my book. And yes, I think he would make a great Jamie. :)

Luna Guardian
Jun 1st, 2011, 11:29 PM
Any universe where I'd be the supreme high overlord of everything

mascaria
Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
My choice is the ShadowRun universe. It's got like... everything. Magic and tech and dragons and space travel and elves and orcs and hackers and cyborgs. I have a thing for dystopia and problems with authority. SR would be perfect.

cupcakezombie
Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:15 AM
I would love to go to the Enders Game Universe, simply to play in the battle school rooms! Anti-gravity laser tag anyone!