PDA

View Full Version : Gatekeeper's Bad Day Contest

Britt
May 27th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Hey guys! Our very own comradenarf is running an awesome contest. Check it out!

On the forums for We’re Alive, it’s hard to say which character is the best, but we all know who is the worst. That’s why the “I Hate Gatekeeper” club was formed. You see, at the “I Hate Gatekeeper Club,” we hate Gatekeeper. A lot. And we want to share that hatred with you. That’s why, in cooperation with We’re Not Dead, we’re holding a “Gatekeeper’s Bad Day” contest. What’s that mean? Well, we want you, the fans of We’re Alive, to come up with a scenario where Gatekeeper has a really bad day. Possibilities are endless - encounters with other characters from We’re Alive, or perhaps a Spaghetti Western showdown with Pete and his loyal octopus. Anything (as long as its not too morbid) is fair game. And you can do this in any medium you like. A script, a comic, a video scene with your friends, an audio drama, a song, even a five movement Baroque symphony!

Best of all, we’re offering a prize for the best presentation depicting Gatekeeper’s karmic comeuppance. We’re crackin’ out the Triple P for this – that’s right, Pete’s Prize Package. You’ll get a We’re Alive Shirt, Poster, and of course… 2 bottles of Pete's water waterbottle:). This contest will run through the end of Chapter 22 of We’re Alive, so get cracking on your entries. And as always, keep listening to We’re Not Dead, the best podcast about a podcast in the universe!

Please send entries to WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com!

Pikepaw
May 27th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Sweet! Time to work! The octopus SHALL RETURN! *Works busily on his script*

ObamaCat
May 29th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Narf. You are awesome. 'Nuff said

ComradeNarf
May 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Narf. You are awesome. 'Nuff said

Thanks OC! I hope this means you're working on an entry! ;)

ObamaCat
May 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
We'll see. Another admin / mod shendig perhaps :P ?

Magrat
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Picking a topic, story, feeling & scene for this was really hard.
I wanted to throw in something funny (like the Pete-octopus-awesome script, which made me laugh out loud and wake my household!) but figured that if I'm making The Gatekeeper have a bad day, I wanted it to be serious. I also didn't want it to stretch into the sunset, so a brief snapshot scene was probably the best way for me to go.
An early idea was for there to be a showdown between Gatekeeper and some peeps from the tower, but felt that it'd be a little too fanfic.
I tried to keep it as close to the cannon as possible, showing Gatekeeper shortly after 'events' (haven't quite figured out how to do the spoiler cover thingy :P sorry) and his spiral into a power-hungry uber-paranoid individual.
I figured this gel'd better for me than a "Muhahaha now Gatekeeper is dead because Pegs totally took him out!" vibe. Plus, it means he's very much alive and kicking and ready to bite back.

Magrat
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Was wondering how long till we hear about the winner/runners-up? Assuming episode 19ish of WND?

ComradeNarf
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
RE: Ra1th's question on WND - I'm totally okay with groups working on the contest, but if your group wins you'll have to decide how to split the prize. :)

COsurvivor
Jun 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM
i hate i missed this contest... i had to move and well i could not get ideas together as i was dead dog tired each nite.

Magrat
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Was wondering how long till we hear about the winner/runners-up? Assuming episode 19ish of WND?

also, will all the entries (subject to contestants permission i guess) be available for people to see after the winner/runners-up is drawn?

Magrat
Jul 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM
any news/updates? (ok, i'll be quiet now)

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Has this happened and I've missed it? or has it just vanished into the ether?
I know the end of season 2 has been distracting us all, but now it's gone some conclusion to the contest would be awesome. That plus i desperately want to find out what others have submitted. What can I say? I'm a fan-fic whore.
[NOTE: to anyone who is offended by the inappropriate use of the word 'whore' I apologise. To those who aren't, you have dirty dirty minds and we should get coffee sometime.]