PDA

View Full Version : Working with what you have

Drew227598
May 26th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I am just wondering why they haven't looked "outside the box" for a solution to their current problem. After searching all around and not having much luck finding a helo that is still in once piece to take them to fort Irwin why don't they take a plane to either San Nicholas Island or San Clemente Island. They both have run ways, are classified as uninhibited by the 2000 census (although there is probably a small group of military, less than 200 people per island) and both have buildings that can be used as shelters. I am sure they can somehow motivate Kalani to show off some of his flying skills and do a little low and slow aerial recon of the area before they pick an island. If you circle around the island a dozen times only a hundred feet or so off the ground I am sure it will draw out and undead that would be on the island. Once they pick an island (hell maybe get crazy with it and live on both) they can scout around for what is usefully, gathering resources as needed (San Clemente island has wild goats and foxes I believe) and then start to rebuild. I would even go as far as saying acquire a small fleet of boats (looks like sailing will come back into fashion) and they can all live out there days free from zombies. I am sure there will be the few times that they do have to go ashore to gather supplies they can no longer get from town, that’s when they need to work in small strike groups who are well trained in snatch and grab mission. One key play that people tend to forget about during any kind of apocalypse is the library. Knowledge is power and there are books on everything from green energy to sailing to farming in the library. Sorry E-readers, looks like you guys just don’t cut it when it comes to post apocalypse America. I would focus my first library run on the most essential books, primitive living books or books on the native people who used to live on the island to learn how they did it. From there kick back, relax and enjoy life. Well at least that is what I would do and who am I but just your average zombie nerd who has 11 years of active duty military experience.