PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter: Take Two?

Hellbringer
May 26th, 2011, 07:51 PM
So I was playing around on a certain webcomic site and saw them talk about kickstarter.com. I liked the idea behind it and wondered if "We're Alive" tried that route before. Lo and behold, they did, but the results were less than expected.

Let me say that the effort on KickStarter was before this forum came about and with the latest milestone of over 4 million downloads coupled with the in podcast ads for the forum, I can see more funding being raised for "We're Alive."

Heck, if KC and Shane go with the pledges listed for their previous time, I would totally go for it, especially the T-shirt bit (the latest zombie shirt would be spectacular for this).

I know there's a donation thread in the forum already, but with physical perks like what was listed before on KickStarter with an ad at the end of an episode or two to let people know to go there and support "We're Alive" could bring in some additional income.

Magrat
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I love the pledge idea of kickstarter and would happily support the show through such a medium. Do we know why it failed last time? Merely underexposure at the time or was it something more?