PDA

View Full Version : The WA forum Awards Show

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 07:33 PM
This is kind of like the CMA's or the Kid's Choice Awards, a We're Alive Forums award show. Admins host an event where the forum users are selected for awards. We have most active user, best user of the rep system, most kind, funnest in the chatbox, just stuff like that. It would be something that could be totally formed by the fans and not dependent on KC or any of the cast. Also, the fans could vote on stuff, like what they think is the funniest post they've seen or what admin is their favourite. And there could just be those awards given, or an achievement or something to whoever wins. Like the Golden Shovel or something. Just to have something especially for forum users, because being a fan of the forums is a big part of being a We're Alive fan for a lot of us. Just an idea that came to mind.

Osiris
May 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
This should be interesting....

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
So we're having an award show for.....me? ok cool. I can live with that. ;)

Osiris
May 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
So we're having an award show for.....me? ok cool. I can live with that. ;)

Since Creemy posted the thread... I would assume it is for me, actually.

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Stop fighting you two, you don't have to fight for my attention. It was just an idea I had. I thought it would be cool.

Osiris
May 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
It is a fun idea, and I've seen it happen on other boards. I've also seen the jealousy that it breeds. It generally ends badly, with mascaria crying.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hmm. Well, we will certainly discuss it amongst the staff :)

itsallgoodie
May 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
this could be cool, the problem i see is if we elect a user and then they win and they arent there to win, its like kinda a drag. you know what i mean, and no one knows everyone...idk just seems like it could go really well but it could also go really bad. if enough users respond and say its a good idea, i say we do it but it requires a lot of user interaction.

mascaria
May 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
He was my friend first guys. Obvs it's my awards show.

itsallgoodie
May 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
It is a fun idea, and I've seen it happen on other boards. I've also seen the jealousy that it breeds. It generally ends badly, with mascaria crying.

not sure that the jealousy would be good, could make users more active though...also not funny

TCM Revolver
And what is everyone going to think when I win more awards than that justin beiber kid?

Creem_Filling
Britt and Greg could host it and make it a podcast for WND. Then no interaction would be required. I don't know though, that has it's problems too.

Osiris
May 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM
not sure that the jealousy would be good, could make users more active though...also not funny

Wasn't meant to be. I'm quite serious about these things always going bad. It always starts out fun, then someone gets an over-inflated sense of self and eventually mass banning.

itsallgoodie
May 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
And what is everyone going to think when I win more awards than that justin beiber kid?

he goes by justice beaver.

Creem_Filling
May 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM

That you are cooler than Justin Bieber and the world is just.

And Mascaria was my first friend here. I can't believe you remembered that. Lol.

COsurvivor
May 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
We could have each section up for an award? Maybe a Fav Avatar? Fav Blog? Best Overall Post?

Who votes? Secret Ballot?

Creem_Filling
May 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM
We could have each section up for an award? Maybe a Fav Avatar? Fav Blog? Best Overall Post?

Who votes? Secret Ballot?

I was thinking for some of the stuff everybody votes (like best post or pest avatar), some just the admins vote (like most active user). I also thought to maybe simplify things, so people who are never on don't get awards, you nominate yourself if you think you can qualify for a vote.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
May 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I vote that nikvoodoo should receive the forum award for the best active troll, for consistently and successfully baiting Ra1th into arguments about Angel.

j0be
May 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I won most creative in high school. If I would still interact with any of my high school classmates in any way, I would still rub it in, but I don't.

MrScott101
May 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM
First and foremost to be fair without exclusion there would have to be something set up where member's who want to be involved submit their names, then come up with the categories, followed by nominations for the categories. Finally a private vote via pm admin or mod to tally results whereby all members could vote. However do we include admins and mods or would this just be members only awards??

I like the idea quite a bit and as you can see have put some thought into it.

ObamaCat
May 25th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Great idea!

I think the Broforce would make fantastic hosts.....

Creem_Filling
May 25th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Great idea!

I think the Broforce would make fantastic hosts.....

Lol. This will make sense to very few people.