PDA

View Full Version : Pippin and Hope

Eitri
May 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Ok First off good episode, but seriously Why would you kill the British guy?!
It is a known rule of any kind of show that you must have:
1: A token black guy so you are not being Racist
2. A token female Character so you are not being sexist
3: The token British guy, because you need to have a guy with an accent.
I also have come to like Pippin, because all he wants to do is help.
Second point of the post:
WHY WOUD YOU KILL HOPE! she is blind and harmless, and the only thing that reminds Datu of Samantha. Hope is like Datu's daughter in a sence.

Rock Daddy
May 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Ok First off good episode, but seriously Why would you kill the British guy?!
It is a known rule of any kind of show that you must have:
1: A token black guy so you are not being Racist
2. A token female Character so you are not being sexist
3: The token British guy, because you need to have a guy with an accent.
I also have come to like Pippin, because all he wants to do is help.
Second point of the post:
WHY WOUD YOU KILL HOPE! she is blind and harmless, and the only thing that reminds Datu of Samantha. Hope is like Datu's daughter in a sence.

I don't think she is dead. There was a hesitation with her, unlike Pippin. I think that the Killer shot the radio to slow down communications. IF... Hope was shot, I don't believe it will be fatal. (I posted this on the chapter thread, but it's prob 100 pages long by now) ;)

Zombiefrog
May 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Where is angel he went to see why the alarm went Off did he get hurt? Could he have shot the shooter could he be the shooter?? I think shooting the radio s likley. Why have we not herd about how lizzy is?

itsallgoodie
May 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
hey guys, i edited the name of this thread from 'pippin and hope rip?' to 'pippin and hope' so that users in the CB wouldnt get spoilers when the gatekeeper posts about you all replying to a thread. please let me know if you have any questions.

Eitri
May 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Oh sorry about that sir. i wasn't thinking about that before i posted it. It won't happen again

itsallgoodie
May 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Oh sorry about that sir. i wasn't thinking about that before i posted it. It won't happen again

no worries, just doing my job!

WestonWisdom
May 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Kill Hope - Make listeners realise that anybody can die.

Also it might make Datu a crowning moment of awesome when he beats he killer to death with a lead pipe.

mascaria
May 24th, 2011, 05:01 PM
We have a dude with an accent. Datu! Victor's also got an accent.

Ryan
May 24th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Also it might make Datu a crowning moment of awesome when he beats he killer to death with a lead pipe.
He'll probably just cry some more. The guy'll break down over almost anything.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
He'll probably just cry some more. The guy'll break down over almost anything.

Not when he's thrown into a rage.....the last time he was thrown into a rage, he destroyed a zombie's head with the busted leg of a table.

Sure, Datu cries a lot. But Datu also has some deep seeded aggression in him that we've seen come out once or twice.

Ryan
May 27th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Datu's a complete basket case in my opinion. We've seen his mood swings and panic attacks render him completely useless at least twice so far, after Michael got separated from the group at the pump station and after Saaaamaaaanthaaaaaaaaa! was killed. The guy's not right in the head.

cycogod
May 27th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Backhand slap and datu's done. If Hope is shot or dead , then when she comes back and becomes a creature...no wait they already done that in the comics,these zombie stories are tricky.

j0be
May 28th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Kill Hope - Make listeners realise that anybody can die.

I was listening to an interview with the creator of The Wire, and he said someone basically along the same lines. If you don't allow characters to die, the end viewers feel no peril.

yarri
May 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I was listening to an interview with the creator of The Wire, and he said someone basically along the same lines. If you don't allow characters to die, the end viewers feel no peril.

Your right j0be and it also ties the listener in our case to the characters. We become invested in them we love them, we weep with them and bleed with them and laugh with them to lose them hurts but it cements the "listener/reader" to the story. It makes you want more, need more story. You just have to know what happens next. I admire any writer (props to K.c) for beating the hell out of his creation in the name of a good story. It takes guts and not always does the writer have enough of them to hurt something he too loves.

Mugwump
May 30th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Early in the episode, there was a scene where i think Michael made a point of asking Victor why he was wearing so much cologne. It seemed a strange thing to bring up imo. If Hope has survived, i wonder if she will mention anything about a smell of cologne in the room when the shots were fired? Also, we dont actually know if Pippin is actually dead yet. I would think he is, but it would make things interesting if he lives wouldnt it?

Kc
May 31st, 2011, 08:41 AM
Agreed. Look at Tommy.

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:50 AM

If the reason and ramifications for the death is good enough, no character is safe! (Except for that Pete guy in the fanfic... that dude is totally never gonna die! EVER!)

werewolf
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
For Pippin’s death, now I think Riley did it. When Kelly was listening to Pippin talk about some food that he had in England. He sounded like a food critic instead a sales man. Food critics often pretend to be somebody else to get and give an honest opinion. If you where a chef and you knew you had a food critic in your restaurant ; wouldn’t you want to prepare a top of the line dish. Riley was a French chef, maybe pippin gave Riley a bad review and she was upset over it. She did say to Michael that you can't please everybody your just have to know how to talk to them. When pippin was shot , Angel and Michael, said that it couldn’t be Riley cause she smelled like she was on a binder. They didn’t test her, they couldn’t have. Its easy to fake being drunk, and the smell could been easily done by taken a quick shot of the booze and then maybe throwing some on you to make the disguise complete . However, she could have a little under and still killed Pippin. When Burt and Riley where at the hospital in chapter 24, and Riley took swig and Burt try to stop her. She said that she won a bronze in computation while under the influence.