PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!! Dead Island Gameplay footage!

smalls kenobi
May 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
so GameTrailers released some gameplay footage of that game with the trailer that made us all gasp in awe. now that we finnaly see how this game will play, what do you think? GOOD? BAD? MEH?

NOTE:i replaced the video with a new one because the first video was removed from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRo39P31I

cycogod
May 23rd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Not real impressed, this is gonna come down to control's and objectives. They won't release a demo, so have to wait and see.

Hellbringer
May 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
It looks like a first person shooter version of Dead Rising. I get the idea this game will be in my house when it comes out since my son is heavily into zombie games.

Walrusgus
May 26th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Ok. I heard this game described as Fallout 3 with zombies... do I have to go on?
This game looks amazing. A massively open world game full of zombies, RPG elements, four player co-op! This game sounds like it was made for me!

Meeks
May 26th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Eh.. I'm not fully sold on it just yet.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
In the video, it was easy to see that many animations are just placeholders for now. So that aspect is very likely to improve before release.
Also, if the crafting is well-executed, this can become *very* entertaining. Because that's one of the things that sets this game appart, I also think it'll make or break the game.

For now, I'm pretty interested, but I won't hold my breath. (And you shouldn't. It's not healthy ;) )

Hellbringer
May 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
For now, I'm pretty interested, but I won't hold my breath. (And you shouldn't. It's not healthy ;) )

But it's fun to make Guybrush Threepwood to hold his breath...

WestonWisdom
May 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Probably going to wait and pick this up second hand now :(

smalls kenobi
May 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
seeing the XP numbers appear on the screen would completely take me out of the experience, and i cringe at the "Rage Meter".

Magrat
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:13 AM
The trailer gives us a seriously different look and vibe compared to the in-game footage. Both are awesome looking, but very different, so anyone basing their want to play on the trailer alone may be disappointed. Looks like it'll be fun though!

ilanagl
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I can't wait. Looks amazing.

Hellbringer
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I can't wait. Looks amazing.

was new footage released? I saw the (I think) E3 footage but I don't know if anything else was pushed out to the public.

Nullifier
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM
lol, Bikini clad Zombies, did anyone else find that just a tad too distracting?

I'd like to see an RTS based game, where you build a colony, send out raiding parties to scrounge for food, weapons, ammo, vehicles/parts, sheet metal/corrugated iron for fort walls etc.
Technology/Research upgrades would include agriculture to increase colony size, a barracks to train soldiers to protect those scavenging parties, wind turbines for defence such as search lights in guard towers a vehicle depot to produce "Technicals" (Improvised Fighting Vehicle), .50 cal mounted on SUV's etc.

Obviously Zombies couldn't build a base or use any technology so they'd have no established base except for perhaps a small town or city ruin on the edge of the map where at first Zombies attack your colony individually or in small groups, at some point if you haven't "teched up" or built your colony up fast enough the Zombies reach critical mass & assault your colony in such numbers that it gets overrun.

the overall aim of establishing these colonies would be linking territories in a campaign type setting.
just an idea I'm throwing out there.

mythicgr66
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM
80% of the game play i loved but that last 20% is making me wait untill the american reviews of the game before a pre-order/wait

Hellbringer
Aug 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
80% of the game play i loved but that last 20% is making me wait untill the american reviews of the game before a pre-order/wait

What about trying out a demo of the game if they release that?

mythicgr66
Aug 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
like no s i would try the demo

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Aug 30th, 2011, 07:22 AM
The game comes out Sep 6 here in the "colonies", so who's buying it and for what console? I'm on Xbox, gametag MaddMonk68! Let's go zombie hunting shall we?!

Boomstick
Aug 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM
The game comes out Sep 6 here in the "colonies", so who's buying it and for what console? I'm on Xbox, gametag MaddMonk68! Let's go zombie hunting shall we?!

Get a PS3!

usmcludwig
Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:24 AM
I preordered this today.
Highest anticipation of mine right next to Diablo 3

uuhhhuuu
Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:59 AM
kind of feels like Left 4 dead but with less guns and special zombies. . . . . but still pre-orderd it!! :D

Grognaurd
Sep 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Wow backordered here for xbox and PS3

Maybe this weekend

Kc
Sep 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I got my copy at lunch...

StepLaugh
Sep 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM
What do you think?

Kc
Sep 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I love it. I have my gripes here and there, but overall nicely done.

Romulus
Sep 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Not out in Britain yet but I have pre-ordered and I cant wait.

BoomerXL
Sep 7th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I want this game so badly....but there`s so many games set to come out soon that I also want...grrrrr

Grognaurd
Sep 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Got it Sunday. Must have been an unopened return. There was only the one copy in the four game shops. Even Walmart was still out.

So, I start playing. I am old school. I play it like I would live it. Very cautious. I slink out of my room and into the room down the hall. A couple of dead people and an AXE!!! But, unable to interact with the item. This crap pisses me off. They should not tease me like this. I will go on, but it was shit like that which made me quit playing FEAR. I chase some dude to the roof. I got my shotgun out, I crouch as I pie the corner. Dude jumps out and whacks me. I actually shot that dumb bastard square in the face as he sweeped high. But, for story telling reasons it goes to a cut season.

That was it for me. Never put the disk back in the xbox again.

As they say in 'round these parts -- and sanitized by Battlestar Galactica --

Frack Dat!

StepLaugh
Sep 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I agree this game has flaws, but an overall exp. I only wish it came out 1-2 weeks earlier, cause I would have bought it. Sadly Gears comes out soon. But then again that's not sad news :D

Hellbringer
Sep 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I agree this game has flaws, but an overall exp. I only wish it came out 1-2 weeks earlier, cause I would have bought it. Sadly Gears comes out soon. But then again that's not sad news :D

I need to grab my son and play Gears 2 on Hardcore to complete it before the 3rd installment comes out. I had a data corrupt file halfway through and got so pissed that I gave up on the game before I should have.

I think I'm picking up two copies of Dead Island since I heard that you can't play co-op on the same Xbox. Guess he and I will be doing a lot of online gaming with it... after he finishes up some chores he promised to do first.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
It plays a bit slow to me and I hate the view when driving a vehicle. I'm playing with the "Tank" of course and swinging my crowbar (f'n thing has no reach here). I just created "The Ripper" last night. I wish I could find gun though.

Kc
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
We need to make this a group and thread now. It seems Dead Island should have a nice place here for people to talk, arrange games and meet.

Kc
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Got it Sunday. Must have been an unopened return. There was only the one copy in the four game shops. Even Walmart was still out.

So, I start playing. I am old school. I play it like I would live it. Very cautious. I slink out of my room and into the room down the hall. A couple of dead people and an AXE!!! But, unable to interact with the item. This crap pisses me off. They should not tease me like this. I will go on, but it was shit like that which made me quit playing FEAR. I chase some dude to the roof. I got my shotgun out, I crouch as I pie the corner. Dude jumps out and whacks me. I actually shot that dumb bastard square in the face as he sweeped high. But, for story telling reasons it goes to a cut season.

That was it for me. Never put the disk back in the xbox again.

As they say in 'round these parts -- and sanitized by Battlestar Galactica --

Frack Dat! Yeah, it's got a weird pace for the intro, but give it time that'll change and it'll piss you off for other reasons. There will be time where you have no choice but to RUN!

usmcludwig
Sep 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM
That room with the two dead people and the axe is in conjunction with the very 1st trailer that came out (the one with the undead child)

But if any of yall have it on PC....dear God- there are some major issues...but fun none the less...if you can get past inevitable crashes and black screen occasionally

I already beat it- level 41 right now

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
So, what's the latest on getting a WA playdate or playdates going for this?

Kc
Sep 14th, 2011, 08:42 AM
So, what's the latest on getting a WA playdate or playdates going for this?

Part of the problem is there's only 4 spots, but we should try...

Grognaurd
Sep 14th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Maybe I will get some time tonight. How does the game handle saves and zone transition? Dead Rising was very cartoonish except for food in Hardcore mode (my favorite) everything would respawn. I noticed just outside the little Love Shack is a table with a couple of Red Bulls or Monster.

Is it still free refills with the hospitality staff still on duty? 8 P

Slickjoshua (an old fraternity name) on Xbox. I am mostly a weekend warrior, but sometimes I am also on early evenings, say 5:00 to 9:00PM Eastern. But, in the evenings, I am typically more AFK than not.

usmcludwig
Sep 14th, 2011, 02:11 PM
when yall are ready- tell me- I will go over to my buddies house and hop on their 360

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Part of the problem is there's only 4 spots, but we should try...

I agree. Since there are 4 slots, we could have multiple games going at the same time. I think the time zone piece will be the only issue. I'm EST and normally play on the nights I can't watch people bust their asses on "Wipeout!"
Anyway, I'm lvl 13 and getting ready to do the "Room key, get truck, go into town" quest.

I have 2 Rippers. Willing to trade one for an extra gun.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe I will get some time tonight. How does the game handle saves and zone transition? Dead Rising was very cartoonish except for food in Hardcore mode (my favorite) everything would respawn. I noticed just outside the little Love Shack is a table with a couple of Red Bulls or Monster.

Is it still free refills with the hospitality staff still on duty? 8 P

Slickjoshua (an old fraternity name) on Xbox. I am mostly a weekend warrior, but sometimes I am also on early evenings, say 5:00 to 9:00PM Eastern. But, in the evenings, I am typically more AFK than not.

Dude! I JUST now figured out what your avatar picture was from.. wooo!
Hey, I'll send a request your way. Look for MaddMonk68

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Isn't the game set up that players have to be near the same level and quests to co-op? If I'm remembering correctly, then we should let everyone know what our current levels are, then figure it out from there.

Grognaurd
Sep 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Dude! I JUST now figured out what your avatar picture was from.. wooo!
Hey, I'll send a request your way. Look for MaddMonk68

What it is from? What are you talking about it? It is a picture of me, well the jaw is overdone. LOL. J/K.

And as Edna says, "No Capes!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8

cracks me up everytime. As does my fishingtrip to Alaska Damn bears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pewILmqHZ3I

Hellbringer
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Finally got to break out Dead Island. I think the only complaint I have at this point is that there is no split-screen. I was really hoping to have my wife play with me and the boy at night, like we did with Left 4 Dead, but I guess I will take what I can get.
The game does feel like a more serious version of Dead Rising though, and that's not a bad thing.

Grognaurd
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Well so far I have found the game beyond frustrating. This is a fine example of the collapse of information
Content of the instructions. It used to be that the directions were had he info to play. Then they started slipping and some of the info was in the strategy guide. But the manual had the basics. Now? WTF about sums it up.

More than 20 years ago we used to say RTFM. Read the fucking manual. But that has probably gone the way of dropping a dime on someone or roll down the window.

I exit the love shack with a wooden oar. Cut seen. I no longer have the oar. I guess I wanted to hide it up my ass or something. Immediately, like as soon asvthe cut scene ends I have a zombie grabbing and eating me. I do not recall seeing anything about breaking contact in the booklet.

Ok, so there is some on screen hints. Cryptic at best. LT I can figure that out. But no clue what to do with it. Press and hold? Snap once? Beat it like a red headed stepchild? Then something pops up on the right side. Kin a looks like cell phone or something.

Oh, and can I play a mute? I do not like muttering to myself randomly when rummaging through someones dirty laundry. But, I best check every single thing. Despite a zompokolypse, I better check. One of these trashcans or suitcases may have the I Win bottle cap. Ooops, sorry wrong game there for a minute.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Well so far I have found the game beyond frustrating. This is a fine example of the collapse of information
Content of the instructions. Oh, and can I play a mute? I do not like muttering to myself randomly when rummaging through someones dirty laundry. But, I best check every single thing. Despite a zompokolypse, I better check. One of these trashcans or suitcases may have the I Win bottle cap. Ooops, sorry wrong game there for a minute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL! I got bored with the solo game this weekend. I think I was on my way to the hotel to get the room key and ran into two "Thugs" aka big ass zombies. I backed up (cause they're some super slow mofos) then lobbed a molotov and sat down to watch. Poof! They're both crispy critters and I'm free to plunder through dead folks suitcases for cash and stuff.
Around the 15th bag I started to ask myself if there wasn't something else I could be doing besides this tedious mess? Then I find the drunk chick while I looking around for the plane and she wants me to find her some f'n champagne! Really? This is what the writers came up with? Send a character out in Zombieland to pick up some chic's teddy bear, then some bubbly?
Well, maybe the co-op will be more fun... I hope.

P.S
To add insult to injury.... my super crowbar dents and warps like tin foil. I'm mortified! That thing should be screaming "Thank you Sir, may I have another!!"

Grognaurd
Sep 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Things have stabilized a bit for me. I got the people to the concrete life guard place. I am lvl 4. Did some back tracking on the beach. Some repops of items and dead. The dead are also getting stronger. It appears that the game use a dynamic level on the NPCs rather than on a zone. Go back to the lvl 1 zone and find lvl 4 zombies. I was surprised how hard it is to actually get incapacitated. I ran into some of the big dudes. Did straight hack and slash. Get knocked on my butt go back for more.

I agree that the weapon damage / upkeep is on the high side. Wack a score or so and weapon is toast. For a while, I was doing Thor. I found this heavy hammer. Thunk! I have also found, I can throw a knife and stick it in the big dudes, run to it, take it out of his gut and run away. Lather, rinse repeat.

I want a much better curb-stomp. But, I can see where this is going. Weapons and punches drain stamina. Kicks do not. So, I am going to Hong Kong fui their ass.

In the heart of this outbreak Cash is still king. Kinda Krazy. Some dude likes to buy battered paddles and other such nonsense. The game developers should really get their heads of of their collective asses. Resource management could be done much better.

But, all is right in the world. I have found a bunch of Duct Tape! The zombies are so dead! I am going to MacGuyver their asses with stone knives and bearskin (Spock) and go there to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but I am all out of bubble gum. Ad libbed by Roddy Piper (played Nada) in "They Live

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Things have stabilized a bit for me. I got the people to the concrete life guard place. I am lvl 4. Did some back tracking on the beach. Some repops of items and dead. The dead are also getting stronger. It appears that the game use a dynamic level on the NPCs rather than on a zone. Go back to the lvl 1 zone and find lvl 4 zombies. I was surprised how hard it is to actually get incapacitated. I ran into some of the big dudes. Did straight hack and slash. Get knocked on my butt go back for more.

I agree that the weapon damage / upkeep is on the high side. Wack a score or so and weapon is toast. For a while, I was doing Thor. I found this heavy hammer. Thunk! I have also found, I can throw a knife and stick it in the big dudes, run to it, take it out of his gut and run away. Lather, rinse repeat.

I want a much better curb-stomp. But, I can see where this is going. Weapons and punches drain stamina. Kicks do not. So, I am going to Hong Kong fui their ass.

In the heart of this outbreak Cash is still king. Kinda Krazy. Some dude likes to buy battered paddles and other such nonsense. The game developers should really get their heads of of their collective asses. Resource management could be done much better.

But, all is right in the world. I have found a bunch of Duct Tape! The zombies are so dead! I am going to MacGuyver their asses with stone knives and bearskin (Spock) and go there to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but I am all out of bubble gum. Ad libbed by Roddy Piper (played Nada) in "They Live

LOL. Man, here I was thinking you'd made it out the lobby at least. ROFL. I'm lvl 13 now and I'll tell you that anything running at you.... just kick them then follow it up with whatever club you have. If we play, I can make you a deobomb, a Ripper and a few molotovs. I have another mod, but I'm not sure it will be worth it.
You have to do the quests to get the craft blue prints. It'd be more fun if you could McGyver a bunch of stuff and come up with different weapons off the fly.
I will say that you need to keep all the alcohol bottles you come across. Duct tape, Deodorant, wire, metal scraps, nails, bolts and rags are the important stuff to hoard starting out.

Hellbringer
Sep 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
The only thing I find frustrating at this point is when the game suggests I'm near another player's area and that I should join. So, I join, and within seconds, they normally KICK me out or they leave their game. Only once or twice in the past two days have I been able to play with other people while playing my game. I do go to the game lobby section though when I don't play to work on my game.
If people didn't want others to join their game, they should change that in the options menu. I can play solo, but it is so much more fun when playing co-op.

Grognaurd
Sep 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
ZOMG!

Ok, so I complained about the Dead Island manual. Well, I picked up Gears of War 3. There is more instruction about avoiding seizures. The only instruction is a graphical representation of the game pad to note commands.

I will play more DI, but I had to get GoW. I just bought a new 55 inch HD / 3D TV and GoW has 3D support

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
ZOMG!

Ok, so I complained about the Dead Island manual. Well, I picked up Gears of War 3. There is more instruction about avoiding seizures. The only instruction is a graphical representation of the game pad to note commands.

I will play more DI, but I had to get GoW. I just bought a new 55 inch HD / 3D TV and GoW has 3D support

I have Gow III as well. I'm playing act IV with my daughter. I dropped you a friend request yesterday.
You can give up on having good manuals for games that have been out for a while. The controls are the same. I was also reminded by my daughter that I could always use the "options" function to see what controls what. LOL

reaper239
Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
i typically just spend the first five minutes of the game playing with the controls, i don't go anywhere, but i figure out how everything works.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
i typically just spend the first five minutes of the game playing with the controls, i don't go anywhere, but i figure out how everything works.

I just dive in and learn from every death spasm! LOL.

Hellbringer
Sep 26th, 2011, 04:40 AM
My death always seems to be end up the same way... smacked down by a thug. But this time, I have a katana, so my reach is a longer than his.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
My death always seems to be end up the same way... smacked down by a thug. But this time, I have a katana, so my reach is a longer than his.

Where'd you find a Katana? I found and upgraded a nice Machete. The best thing I've found to do to the thugs is keep kicking them to create space then get in a wack before they cave your skull in with those thick flailing arms.

Grognaurd
Sep 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I found this purple paralysing nail hammer. Does not stun, just damage. It is nice, but it still blows my mind is how quickly things break. I also tend to find things that I am too low a level to...

usmcludwig
Sep 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
As one of the few level 50's- I will tell you this: the game DOES get harder, but it also gets WAY easier as the weapon known as "Zed's Demise" upgraded with High Voltage makes you a virtual God.

Not to mention Gabriel's Hammer with Phoenix...dear God- chance on hit to instant kill ANY THING.

Grognaurd
Oct 3rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Tried some co-op with Crowbar. I could not get mic to work. I tried 2 controllers with two headsets in various configurations. I then tried the instant mess keyboard and it did not work either. Thanks for putting up with me Crowbar!

Co-op, I have to get used to it. Play is much faster. Where I take 4 or 5 steps, stop, look and listen. Repeat. So, I sorta skulk along. The other aspect is that I played Logan. Hard, to keep up with group and find my thrown weapons. Pretty quickly I am down to scaveging some random whites on the beach. But, go to Morsby and it really sucks. The random whites strewen around the beach are gone! In town, the only items are drops and box.

Played solo Sunday. working on "bombs" I manage to drop two molotovs on myself. Blew myself away, literally, being too close to a propane tank. Now that I have taken the thrown weapon foulup as expected acceptable losses, it is easier on the psyche.

I did have one WAY scewy thing happen. I found an orange item. I took it to a workbench and electrified it with the shock-mod. Then it went MIA. I did not have it in inventory. It was not on the floor noor was on the workbench or other furniture. I could just not find it anywhere. Strange.

I guess I am going to have to bomb or melee the Thugs. I can throw most of my weapons and he is still OK. I literally took 12 weapons out of one dude.

I have to get better at using RAGE. I save it for a get out of jail free save my ass. But, I should use it more often in the context of grinding. Once the resort is passed, there is a "bank". That is nice for a litlle extra storage.

One more thing I would like is a way to organize the throw order of weapons. I throw one, it defaults to my best weapon. So, I cycle and get fists cycle and throw. Not, good, I do not want to throw away my best weapon and then get over-run.

Lastly, although not directly linked to the thread...

Popped in Gears of War III in 3D in my new 55" LED tv. To quote Saul Tink

"I think I just we myself"

So, when I go to watch the 3D Thor, I better bring a bedpan, because I probably will. My old TV was a rear projection RGB. But, the lights fell out of focus. So, everything is very fuzzy, because all images are drawn three times very close to one another. For you old timers, a lot like a slight "ghost" image on my old black and white TV with rabbit ears.

So, basically, with this new TV (two weeks old) I have slowly been increasing the resolutions of the signal. Just starting off with regular old cable not even HD was Jaw Dropping and it has been gettting better and better every few days as I transfer up to blue ray and blue ray 3D sometime this week.

usmcludwig
Oct 3rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
The glitch for loosing items on the work-bench is sporadic. It unfortunently happens :(

As for the Thug's- you gotta hit them from behind. Just because you are Logan doesn't mean you MUST throw things. Get a shock-type blade and hit him from behind. Kick the thug at the start of the fight, wait until he roars and hit him, back up, hit again- its golden.

Xian is the best in the game tho- blades or nothing.

Grognaurd
Oct 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Yea, it is a little bit of pride that I want to kill him by throwing. Yea, the hit and run attacks work pretty well. Sometimes, I just run up to him retrieve a weapon, run back and throw it at him. I also like to run his ass over!

Oh yea, once I hacked both his arms off. That was pretty funny. I wonder how much damge is done by a bite? I think I will try it on a runner or shambler. It would be cool if they no longer damaged. Keep 'em as pets. Fun for the whole family. Set an achievment for that call it a rustler. Get five, get a wrangler title. lol... So, start to the work week

usmcludwig
Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
The glitch for loosing items on the work-bench is sporadic. It unfortunently happens :(

As for the Thug's- you gotta hit them from behind. Just because you are Logan doesn't mean you MUST throw things. Get a shock-type blade and hit him from behind. Kick the thug at the start of the fight, wait until he roars and hit him, back up, hit again- its golden.

Xian is the best in the game tho- blades or nothing.

Amisiel
Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM
LOL

*slices of zombies head*I hope that hurt *kicks*

My kinda woman!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Arthur,

That was pretty fun man. It was my first time co-op on Xbox. My wife was really laughing at me while I was talking to the TV (through the kinect). LOL.
One thing.. after we took out the gang in the house I grabbed a couple hand guns and used them on a thug. I shot that mugg 3 times in the head and he just looked at me and shrugged. WTF?! So, I whooped him "Five Deadly Venoms" style.
The game played so much better with other people. The only thing I didn't like was the random spawning areas after you died. I got trapped in an alley one time and it took forever to kill all the zombies that came at me.

I have Gears also, so let me know when you want to give that a go.

reaper239
Oct 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
i like the flying tea-bag aka the drop kick. it works better if you yell "flying tea-bag" at your tv when you do it too. please report in if you try it.

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks Crowbar. MY dogs were doing the same thing. The dogs are like "There is no one else here, so he must be talking to us. I do not understand any of those words, but I am excited nonetheless." LOL. Yea, I am not a fan of the respawns with others or alone. Sometimes it is very very hard to get back to the thrown weapons. Yea, guns are way under-powered in the game. I was doing my usual off the beaten path upon on a second floor fire escape. I ran across my third ram-zombie. I emptied two clips from my handgun into the top of his head for little effect. So, I did the Skittles / Angel / Kalani and molotoved his ass. Then threw all but one of my weapons and he finally died. I came acrossed a warehouse in morseby with four or five clawing at the door. I tossed a propane keg over the 12 chain-link wall. Shot one in the back and then they started to come to me. Five or six shuffle steps further and Kaboom! I did not know if what was behind the door would be friendly, so I put another propane tank right in front of the door. I opened the door and backed off down the side of the building. Spoiler alert. Did a zombie stumble out? Was it a hostile human? Was it a little ol lady in a walker? Tune in next time, same zombie channel same zombie time...

I have found a couple of skulls. I do not recall seeing them in inventory and I have not seen anything different in the customizables ala Halo. So, I will have to wait and see. Not looking for spoilers, unless to win requires something crazy that one will have no way to come across. Halo 3 had a skull where one had to jump through rings in a certain order that was crazy complex and pretty much no way to get it just by trial and error. In Warcraft, there was a search quest that sent me way way far south. Out in the ocean where one would think it would be leaving the playing area. Way out there are a couple of islands that are not even on map. It just shows ocean.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 4th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Crowbar. MY dogs were doing the same thing. The dogs are like "There is no one else here, so he must be talking to us. I do not understand any of those words, but I am excited nonetheless." LOL. Yea, I am not a fan of the respawns with others or alone. Sometimes it is very very hard to get back to the thrown weapons. Yea, guns are way under-powered in the game. I was doing my usual off the beaten path upon on a second floor fire escape. I ran across my third ram-zombie. I emptied two clips from my handgun into the top of his head for little effect. So, I did the Skittles / Angel / Kalani and molotoved his ass. Then threw all but one of my weapons and he finally died. I came acrossed a warehouse in morseby with four or five clawing at the door. I tossed a propane keg over the 12 chain-link wall. Shot one in the back and then they started to come to me. Five or six shuffle steps further and Kaboom! I did not know if what was behind the door would be friendly, so I put another propane tank right in front of the door. I opened the door and backed off down the side of the building. Spoiler alert. Did a zombie stumble out? Was it a hostile human? Was it a little ol lady in a walker? Tune in next time, same zombie channel same zombie time...

I have found a couple of skulls. I do not recall seeing them in inventory and I have not seen anything different in the customizables ala Halo. So, I will have to wait and see. Not looking for spoilers, unless to win requires something crazy that one will have no way to come across. Halo 3 had a skull where one had to jump through rings in a certain order that was crazy complex and pretty much no way to get it just by trial and error. In Warcraft, there was a search quest that sent me way way far south. Out in the ocean where one would think it would be leaving the playing area. Way out there are a couple of islands that are not even on map. It just shows ocean.

That was quite the tangent my friend... LOL.
I was wondering who had the dogs, you or the other silent fellow/chick. I could hear them pretty well.
The "ram" guy... just save up on deobombs. I'm not sure I'd want to handle one solo, but from the only run in I had (when we played), it looked like they have a pattern.
We did get the mod for the super electrical weapon when we played. I hope it saved, because i'll be super duper uper pissed if all that is poof!

Grognaurd
Oct 5th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Meh,

Minor bitch session this AM...

I was doing my normal snooping around on the way to an objective. Just to see what it was like, I went over the top of the "BioHazard" wall constructed in Moresby. Oh, man, was that a mistake. At one point I could see a Thug yelling and a Ram comiing towards me and just around the corner a short way back was one of those bomb-boys. Not to metion the walker and shambler fodder and the infected agroing and coming from so far away and around so many corners that there is no way to see them coming. This was all in roughly one block. As assuridly I died once, I swear I died 20 times. It was probably closer to 35+. I literally could not get my weapons back faster than the respawns. Forget about looting containers. I kept trying to get back to my thrown weapons and I could just not recover them before a respawn wipe or terrain glitch. I will have to roll back to an easier zone and farm some better weapons. I lost two Blue, 1 Orange and 3 green as well as 1 nice quest reward white. All weapons were lvl 20+, had been fully upgraded and had a mod, be it toxic, heavy, shock, glazed, etc.

There were times when I actually spawned where hostiles were actually there. I wass taking massive damage even before I really had control. Two many times I respawn to the howl of an infected. Sometimes, the hostiles were on the second floor with me, other times I was on the ground and they fell out of the sky on top of me. I killed one old hag and she died 1/2 in and 1/2 outside a non-enterable building. I gave it a kick and the rest of the corpse "fell" into the building taking a blue weapon with her.

I have to restock and then make a new strategy. I do not like the idea of blind run and gun, but I think that is the only choice. At times I was litterally being hit by a new runner every 5-6 seconds. Oh, I also found that the stack limit for the molotov's is 30. Any more and they take up a second inventory slot. Sheesh, Running around with 30+ molotovs and 10 to 15 machettes and other weapons, one would think I would be smart enough to put a couple of cans of Red Bull and some candy bars on my person.

I find a lot of "bricks" on the scaffolding. But, I have not figured out how to use them. Can not really seem to aim them or anything. Heavy cinderblocks and similar items are one of my favorite get out a jail free play in the zomboxaclypse. Tie a piece of rope to it, drop it on the uplooking zombies, pull back up, rinse, repeat.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
LOL! Dude,

You're having an adventure. I haven't played since this weekend. You're probably gonna have to stop throwing crap! LOL!
I'm assuming you've leveled up pretty good since we played. Keeping a butt load of molotovs sounds like a good plan, but why not keep half as many Deo Bombs?

By the way, I may just rename this the "Crow and Art" thread. LOL!

reaper239
Oct 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
possible spoilers, be careful when watching, but he kind of explains the skulls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMnD70xh5xc&feature=youtu.be

Grognaurd
Oct 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks reaper, I will take a look at it this evening.

Yea, Crow, My play style is pretty laid back. I play the game to relax. Over the top of the biosafety wall is certainly different. Well, back to my play style. I played most of Sunday, because my style works really well with Football. Run 3-5 seconds. Stop look for 3 -5 seconds. Pull agro with ranged or scurry up to the second story via ladder or Laura Craft tomb raider style. watch some football, etc.

I thougth about mixing and matching the bombs. I will probably set my kit to both when questing. But, for just grinding probably not, because it consumes two rather than one inventory slot. Before my Art vs. Jason film number 20, I had the molotovs, deo-bombs, incendiary gernage and I think a normal gernade. While grinding I hoped to build up a nice wad of cash and lots of upgrade doodads. But, the $10K does not go far after being pillaged by the death tax 30 times, so I will drop more of the cash into commodities like health packs and crafting stuff. I find random "Meat" on the ground. But, with a vender I have seen "Floater" and something else. I bought them and put "toxic" on smaller weapons. I always check with the venders to check their crafting goodies. If I have not seen it before I buy it. If I am low on a part, I buy it when available. Someone I found was selling "rags", so I could buy a whole bunch and then go back to the resort and get a lot of alcohol. I have also seen deoderent for sale and bought a bunch of those.

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I turned the TV and the xbox on and did some around the house things. I tried to join your game, but it gave me the whole TV game fail music, muuh muh maaa... Or something like that. You logged back in again later, but I was getting ready for bed. I scaveneged several replacement weapons and worked on some more creative use of terrain strategies. I was on the roof of a box truck opening a can of whoop ass on the typical walkers and runners. By going up and down on the truck, I was able to pull a ram. I also positioned myself so he would have to walk through a fire in the industrial size box trash cans. Pegged him with a Deo and he died. I am not sure if a Deo bomb would kill him out right. But, in other play throughs I have killed rams with two Molotovs. Speaking of bombs, I like using the gun at range to invite distant zombies to the BBQ. Pile up two or three groups of three and Flame On!

Stumbled across a gun shop. The building appears to be a "live" zone because there were two or three zombies in it. But, the door did not have an interaction icon. Ran around a bit and did not see another way in. Probably toggled live with a quest. Oh yea, I am seeing some tool boxes that are not the classic red. They are in various buildings. My guess is they will be activated by a quest also. Found a broken bridge. But, it only leads to leaving the playing field. But, that does not mean I can not kick the few walkers their off the bridge and out of the platable area. 8 ).

I have picked up some colored weapons. If I do not lose them, I will pass them on once I have outgrown them.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 6th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I turned the TV and the xbox on and did some around the house things. I tried to join your game, but it gave me the whole TV game fail music, muuh muh maaa... Or something like that. You logged back in again later, but I was getting ready for bed. I scaveneged several replacement weapons and worked on some more creative use of terrain strategies. I was on the roof of a box truck opening a can of whoop ass on the typical walkers and runners. By going up and down on the truck, I was able to pull a ram. I also positioned myself so he would have to walk through a fire in the industrial size box trash cans. Pegged him with a Deo and he died. I am not sure if a Deo bomb would kill him out right. But, in other play throughs I have killed rams with two Molotovs. Speaking of bombs, I like using the gun at range to invite distant zombies to the BBQ. Pile up two or three groups of three and Flame On!

Stumbled across a gun shop. The building appears to be a "live" zone because there were two or three zombies in it. But, the door did not have an interaction icon. Ran around a bit and did not see another way in. Probably toggled live with a quest. Oh yea, I am seeing some tool boxes that are not the classic red. They are in various buildings. My guess is they will be activated by a quest also. Found a broken bridge. But, it only leads to leaving the playing field. But, that does not mean I can not kick the few walkers their off the bridge and out of the platable area. 8 ).

I have picked up some colored weapons. If I do not lose them, I will pass them on once I have outgrown them.

...and the Crow and Art thread continues....

I was at that bridge "to nowhere" yesterday. Cat I was playing with ignored the "warning" and went poof. The next thing I know he was behind me. You know there are vehicles you can drive through the city. It sure is easy to kill the rams and poison dudes. LOL! We gotta get Reaper to roam the streets raging with us.

Found a mod that lets me throw explosive knives. I just don't have room in my inventory for a knife

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM
well, people come here to listen to a story via podcast. Reading about our exploits is not that much of a stretch. Besides, 10 years from now I can come back and read it. I still run across things I posted back in the early 90s. LOL. I was a beta-tester of Mosaic, which was later called Netscape and got devoured by Internet Explorer. There was not a google, but the net was so damn small that one could send out their own spyder to find all pages related to whatever. YOu and I are old enough to remember programing computers with punch cards. Never used them myself, but I remember the cards and being told dont explitive omitted touch those cards. But, I do remember loading programs from cassette tapes. Doh, I bet there are some people here that do not even remember the sony walkman cassette player. LOL

wow, cool mod! Things that make them go Boom! I laid a propane trap on one of the narrow bridges in Resort. Pulled one of the explosive dud and a thug. Shot the propane tank and Boom. I think I got an achievement or a challenge for using an explosive to kill the exploder.

I have been looking for car or something. I have not found one. Vehicularzombicide is fun. Like guns they are underpowered though. I can put down my fork and pick up few steak knifes to killl the zombie or I can run him over a few times at 40MPH.

Hellbringer
Oct 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
FINALLY going to take a break from Dead Island myself. I like the story, but I have to take a break, especially since I beat the game with Knife Girl. I loved going for the achievements and challenges on this game, but since I can't get one of the achievements until "28 Days Later," I'm going to hold off finishing the one other achievement I have left to do: Right 4 Life. I'm going to finish up this game with Logan then. Of course, I hear that DLC is coming out soon, too, so I'll have to see if it's worth it, especially considering I didn't pre-order the game before it was released.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 11th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ok, so I've been dropping in on random co-op games and suddenly there's this plethora of hackers running around with mod'd weapons. One guy tried to give me the code to hack some weapons and I blew it off. Who wants to ruin their game by cheating with some uber weapon?
For Fugg's sake, I paid 60 bones for this ish. I'm not trying to finish it in record time or use some hacked mess to give me an advantage.

OK, rant done. Back to doing random games... I'm currently in the jungle somewhere and just found the native's encampment. I have gained some nice blue prints for quests I didn't have a clue about because i've just been running joining games with cats around the same act or however they have the system built. I'm lvl 29 now, but there are guys at like 40.
Anywaysssssss, I have the following sweet mods:
Tesla, High Voltage, Shot gun shell, Pistol ammo, Magic Wand (using with a police baton). I have a shock mod for the AK 47 and AR15 I found. um.. let's see (trying to remember off the top of my head) the Phoenix mod (no axe to use though).
Pride gun mod and last that I can remember is the toxic mod.
I pretty sweet watzima something sword, but sold it and forgot to buy the upgraded version. I went back but the guy (at the lab) no longer had it listed for sale. Dammit!
So, I'm searching for another one. Gabs's sledgehammer with the tesla attached is awesome, but utterly a beast to swing.

I've just been running around playing instead of questing. I never finished whatever act it is to find the plane. LOL

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Ahhh, I forgot I "found" a skull, but have no clue what to do with it or how to get more diamonds.

Grognaurd
Oct 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Internet was spotty this weekend. Messed around solo. Was just grinding away looking for replacement weapons. I built them up and then got hosed when I went to kill bob in the abandoned house. Got in, killed bob. Could not find a blocked door. I found two doors without any interaction as well as a ladder I could not climb. Luckily, there was a fast travel map. I used it. I figured i was just bugged. So, I came back later and went in again. Same thing. Internet says this happens. So, I exit house, exit game, comeback. I figure I will just kill bob with thrown weapons. Bad Idea. Bob dies with his feet in the room and the rest of him beyond the door. It is no longer bugged. So, I figure I will remove the bar and then get the weapons. I could not access them on this side of the door. WRONG! The door is actually a portal not a hallway. Several fully upgraded Blues, Oranges and a purple gone.

So, back to the daily grind. Built up three oranges, two purple a blue and green. Fully upgraded and tricked out with a mod of some kind. The last side quest is a go over the top to infected central. Gulp! I go up the ladder. Thug and three walkers. I smoke with a couple of gernades. As soon as my feet touch the ground. Not a little after no, I mean, hit "X" and I hear them. I throw some of my weapons and take out two. But, they are still more. I run and jump up on a car roof. It is my best defense. But, weapons are pretty depleted. So, I kick and kick and kick and kick. When an infested goes beserk, they can climb. So, gotta pay special attention to them. They get me. Respawn. Run and grab a weapon or two and hop up on the car. Kick and throw. The good thing about the throwing wepons on the car is walkers can not hit very well unless they have a weapon. BUT>>> I throw one and it might boomerang. But, if it sinks into them, a lot of times, it can be grabbed right out of their chests. So, kick the infected. When infected are done, throw and get back. Cleaned up. Run to get some more weapons. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Some death, some weapons recovered. But, lost an orange wrench called the italian plumber. It was like 600+ damage. Grrr.... So, put all the good weapons away and use whites. Run 20 yards and hop back on a car roof. Keep doing this keep getting dead. Did this for a couple of hours. Got frustrated. I thought the kicking and pull a weapon out were cheezy. But, I am so tired of this place, I do not care. I do the ol' suicide solution. I just run like hell to get to the objectives and hope that eventually I can get there. I do eventually. Go back to quest giver. Got Piranha mod
"I designed (and was even able to test in action) a clever tool to exterminate these monsters plaguing our beautiful island. Well, it will require collecting several special elements to be combined into a one deadly whole that--provided you are strong enough--will allow you to survive the darkest hour."

Increases critical strike chance by 4%.

Cost Base Item Needed Parts Needed
$600 Sledgehammer, Constructional Hammer, Maul, Pickaxe, Gabriel's Sledgehammer, Pick of Destiny Weight Plate x1, Gears x1, Blade x1, Clamp x2

Stumbled on a purple skull in the sewars. Blew a door off its hinges in a bunker with two propane and gernade. Had a place requesting "skull" did so, got

Mod aquired by obtaining the Blue Skull from Alicia's apartment and bringing it to it's drop point in the South-East bunker of the Resort area.

Hot Tip
All Developer mods are very expensive to repair so these are more toys than important weapons. Make these only if you're comfortable with your current cash and weapons.
Creates Plaguebearer.

Cost Base Item Parts
$10,000 Military Knife Diamonds x5, Oleander x1

Got 4 diamonds and three champagn, so I figure I will have to get me one of these. $10K will be cake and can get the other diamond easily.

Except the repeatable quests, every quest in Resort and Slums are complete. Lvl 34 I think. Went in to the sewars. Walked around exploring. Found a purple skull. Found out that fattys do not burn, but an explosive knife works just fine. I cannot help think of Bill Murray as I stroll threw the swears and pick up a candy bar and eat it. Cadyshack....

I still am frustrated with the loss of weapons. But, c'est la guerre. I dropped a weapon with "Y" when I was just standing around. I watch it fall right through the Earth. Frustrating.

I got a 600+ damge Magnum pistol. Shotgun and assault rifle. mellee and throwing weapons and a few types of explosives. Not much room more, though. I even took that upgrade. I have my boomerang up to 50%. I am going to get better kicks. Would have taken it sooner, I think had I know how well it worked against so many infected.

Melee with Logan is rough. He has the lowest Stamina so tires quickly. Not much in the way of defense upgrades and most of my upgrades are thrown weapons. But I am getting pretty good at the running jump kick. If the target is alone or the last one, I can curb-stop their head for 40K damage. Instant kill. But, the animation is slow, so not a good move with surrounded. So, pretty good at jumping on cars and trucks. Still practicing leaping kicks, but love my things that go boom! Getting pretty good at judging the distance. A lot of times thinigs are so far away that the white aiming bars are only used to guesstimate Kentucky Windage. I am a simple guy. It brings a smile to my face as I see three or four walkers just hanging out while I am still out of agro range. I say, "here, hold this" drop the bomb in the middle of them and voila no dead dudes are no longer a threat. Still need some work on the judgement of the ones moving. Gotta estimate distance for throw required to put it in front of the mobs coming at me and keep in mind that there will be a few seconds delay until it goes off. I will damage them, but do not always get the one shot kill.

I also like to get creative with my kaboomite. Standard practice to clear rooms etc. But, I also Like to bounce them off of structures.

One thing that I still find puzzling is that I have not been able to get inside of the gunshop in the slums. The door is not interactable. The windows are barred. There are two or three zombies in there. Maybe, I will get sent back there from a later zone. I am pretty sure I have not missed a quest. I have been in the slums for more than 15 lvls I think.

Kc
Oct 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Arthur you on XBL?

Creem_Filling
Oct 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Crowbar, I have the game now, we can play. I just haven't seen you on in a while.

Kc
Oct 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
One thing that I still find puzzling is that I have not been able to get inside of the gunshop in the slums. The door is not interactable. The windows are barred. There are two or three zombies in there. Maybe, I will get sent back there from a later zone. I am pretty sure I have not missed a quest. I have been in the slums for more than 15 lvls I think.

Not to spoil it , but that will be open later in the game. There will be a time where you won't be able to return to the city. That's before then.

Hellbringer
Oct 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Ok, so I've been dropping in on random co-op games and suddenly there's this plethora of hackers running around with mod'd weapons. One guy tried to give me the code to hack some weapons and I blew it off. Who wants to ruin their game by cheating with some uber weapon?
For Fugg's sake, I paid 60 bones for this ish. I'm not trying to finish it in record time or use some hacked mess to give me an advantage.

Yeah, that sounds like what happened to me on Borderlands. I had so many people join my Borderlands game, shoot one bullet and kill EVERYTHING on the screen. Yeah, kind of killed the mood for me.

I haven't had anyone show up with super-modded weapons in my games, but I did make a level 50 Deathstalker Zed's Demise (skipped on the Toxic version altogether). That toy did over 1900 damage before I upgraded it.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 12th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Yo King Aruterrrr (that's my Madea voice). <br />
<br />
Where did you find the shotgun? <br />
<br />
I finally got another Wakizmakalit last night that does a base damage of 629. I'm a electric freak so all but 2 of my...

Grognaurd
Oct 12th, 2011, 06:09 AM
KC, yea I am Xbox Live; slickjoshua, I played with Crowbar once. It was my first time on Live. I was having problems with my mic. I think the game defaults to mic off or something in control panel. Maybe? I toggled a few of those and I think one was mic communication. I will have to try it again, now.

I went through the tunnels to the next zone. Met the mayor and went to get everybody some food. Without spoilers, I can go back and forth between the slums and City Hall. Got a hot tip how to get to the police station through the tunnels. I am going to go and kick, Spanky's, Alphaffa's, Styme and Buckweat's collective asses and to shut off that damn loud speaker. I am tired of the "whole nadda nadda naw naw were are in the police station and you are not" taunting.

Playing this AM around 6:00 I found a purple shotgun. I need to hunt down some more shells. I think I have about ten. I hope one of the venders has some for sale the next time I do a loop around the slums grinding exp, looking for stuff, and visting all of the oh so talkative venders. One at the church one at the warehouse and I think there are three out amongst the slums. There might also be one in the abandoned building zone. Not sure. Even if there is not one there, I have found the bubbly to trade for diamonds about every other trip to the zone. Cash is so plentiful that the 10K for the special mods is not much. The diamonds are the rate limiting step. But, if this zone respawn cheeze works, even diamonnds are cake and are driven by patience than skill.

slickjoshusa lvl 36 I think. Headed for Police Station Act 2 chapter 8, I think

I found a skull and another alter in the tunnels. But, I do not have the skull that goes there, yet. I think I have found three skulls and two alters. One of the skulls has been cashed in for a mod pattern.

Grognaurd
Oct 12th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hey crowbar. I sorta have the opposite problem wit those rams. I throw a white weapon at it. "1" damage. Try better weapons on the throw and do "1". So, the developers want it up close and personal with these dudes. So, I say "frag it" Set it on fire or blow it up works for me. The fattys do not seem to ignite when I hit them with incendiary gernades or Molotovs. So, it is explosives or thrown weapons. But, I like to throw explosive pig stickers. Each sticky bomb takes one inventory slot and I never seem to find the knife afterwards. But, workbenches, knifes, Pit Paste and duct tape are common. So, I can replace it pretty simply.

I also have the rotten meat mod. I should try it out and start using it. Sigh, yet another inventory slot...

AdrianHD
Oct 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Gawd I miss this game. I really can't wait to buy it when I end up having some sort of an income.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
You know what really get's my goat (and he's a testy sumbitch, but if you scratch his chin that fool will go anywhere) is that I can't seem to find a decent..wait for it... crowbar!!
I feel guilty, like I'm cheating on myself, with myself for not having one in my inventory! Verily and gadzooks! Me thinks there be need to beat up a few game designers with said CB to show them just how effective mine namesake can be! They shall sing with praise at the glory of mine crowbar afterwards.

Ok, so Arthur... stop throwing your frigg'n special weapons with the sticky bomb attached. LOL. They go kaboom man! Kaboom!
I have a mod to make shotgun shells. There's also a box of them sitting on a desk at the lab by the workbench. I don't know if it's possible to trade ammo like you can everything else, but if you want, we can give it a try. That way you'll have a good supply of them, AND..you can show me where you found the shotgun.

Grognaurd
Oct 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I did lose a blue knife to the kaboomite. Now, I just use whites. Shotgun came out of one of the grey trunks. Just random I guess. But, it was in the slums. Heading south and a bit west from the church there is like a farmers market. It is almost all walled off. Inside are a bunch of little kisosks, but there is also a workbench.

I like to grind and explore as much as quest. I can have the dotted quest line indicating north and I will look to see what is down south and branchs east and west. So, I took the +% special weapon in my survival tree as well as pick locks. So, the deck is stacked in my favor for loot now. I do nto throw my best weapons and rarely even equip the second teir weapons. I typically throw a lot of whites and things that are behind in levels. I have also come to expect it. I found a green crowbar around level 10 I think. But, I had lost it before we teamed up. I am keeping on the look out for you. I wanted to give you the orange pipe wrench, but I had not learned my lesson not to throw the good stuff. Pipe wrench is nto as cool as a crowbar, but having a pipe wrench about the size of my arm was cool.

I just picked up a mod in the police station a few minutes before logging. I think it was sidearm rounds. Maybe the lab is in the jungle. I have not seen anything that looks like a lab. I will be there soon. There can not be too much left after the police station. I am also biasing this because I am in Act 2 (the second zone) on chapter 8 (and nearly done) so I assume 10 chapters.

I have a BAD feeling about the church. I do not like the "there is safety in numbers" on the loud speakers. This is a zombie story and safety in numbers is just another way of ringing the diner bell at an all you can eat soup kitchen. Zombies are cheap bastards and you know they are just dieing to chow down! LOL. Besides, there are a couple of very prominent non-functional doors in the office at the back of the church that I am certain will lead back to the sewers.

Oh, yea, I have been cheesing the game back. Those doors composed of metal pipes that can be scene right through can also be thrown right through. So, stroll down the tunnel, agro, run like hell backtracking and close the door. Either throw as they come down the tunnel or wait till they get to the door. When they are dead, open the gate. Or, if they are not dead, just grab your weapon and do it all over again. Hmmm.... I have not tried to kick through the gates like I do on the car roofs. Stay tuned...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
To be honest Arthur, I don't have a clue what part I'm in or act. I'll have to pay attention when I log in tonight. Like I said, I've just been playing random coop games and you get dragged into where, when and how once the game beams you into said game.
I can tell you that the lab is in the jungle and one of the quests is to get a sample of blood from the natives.
I should have put some points into lockpicking, but since I'm basically a tank, everything has gone towards maxing out my damage and weapons durability.
That King Tut dude is called the Butcher. LOL. My faulty memory (or maybe because I was freaking out while fighting him) informed me that his hair was a cowl of some sort (reading the wiki).

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 13th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Well, I went treasure hunting last night and forgot to make my game private. I'm running through my favorite place to dumpster dive (the lab). Some bloke pops in and I didn't mind.... until we went outside and found a trunk. I pop that puppy open and *insert sound of angels singing* an orange Katana is there.
Waaaalaahh!
"My precious, my precious.."
F'n next thing I know, random dude scoops it up. MUTHA...
lesson learned: Keep an empty slot in your back pack. So I went back to the lab and sold my Ripper.

The universe did sort of auto correct by letting me find a shotgun in the next box during a run through the jungle.

Grognaurd
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Damn, the guy should have in the lease done the dupe bug for ya. I am tempted. Since the game has bugs where weapons fall through the earth and all I am considering using the Dupe Bug as a feature to overcome the lost weapon bug. Back up my weapons like other digital data with Jin. It is not like I am going to dupe a weapon that sells for $2K twenty or thirty times to build up cash or beg another player to dupe what they have earned. I am just thinking all is fair in love and war. The game might love to bug me out of nice weapons, but I will love it even more screwing them back by pulling out a spare.

So, I went into the police station this AM. Let me tell you, I snap-fired on so many fans. The fans are about the size of a humanoid and their oscillation is low enough that the light and shadows emmulate humanoid motion. I got that quest done. I picked up a two more at the church. FInished one. When I am done the second I will do a quick once around to see if there are any more side quests before going further along the mainstory line.

On an aside, I encountered a fire extinguisher on a wall. Those things go BOOM! just like the propane. A good trap, but lacks the mobility of the propane. The red and yellow 55gallon drooms also go boom. More creative enviroment usage and the ability to Quote Blade of Riddick: ...Don't know who you are Fracking with!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
"Duping" I forgot that was the term. I haven't heard that since my old Diablo days when I was pissed I lost "The Grandfather" Samuari sword. I had someone dupe one for me so I could go back to getting my "Spank that ass" on.
Anway, I got my Deathstalker fire axe last night as well. I'm giving the poison stuff a trial, because i'm not seeing a direct benefit from them yet. Not like the electric or fire mods. I think having a poison mod for distance weapons would be better. Speaking of distance weapons... we're on an island with plenty of natives and not one Bow and arrow???

I did find this chap who had grenades for sale. I bought as many grenades as possible so now the deobomb isn't needed. I'll try to remember where he is because i'm going to be tossing those things like Mardi Gras beads!

Grognaurd
Oct 13th, 2011, 08:17 AM
YEa Diablo ii that was a hoot. I got a druid (I think) up to lvl 93 (of tham I am sure) in Hardcore. Hardcore is where it is at. That is exciting. If you die, your dead. Do not pass go do not collect $200 and reroll a lvl1. Death really has no consequences in just about every game out there.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I had a Ram chase me around a building, down a hill and back up the hill, back down the hill right into the stubby arms of two buthers. Funny how 13 grenades vanish so quickly when you're being chased by multiple thugs, rams and buthers. I thought the Rams only ran in a straight line? Hell no! When that guy came up the steps and chased me around the building I thought I was gonna have a stroke.
Some kid..and I do mean kid popped into my game last night. LOL, at the most, he sounded 11. At one point he was beating up on a female infected (who was standing on a rock, so she was higher than him) and kicking her over and over. All I could hear was him giggling saying "OMG, I'm kicking her in her vagina! Is it wrong for me to be kicking her in her vagina???" double ROFL!
My wife decides to show her face then and we're both cracking the hell up.

Grognaurd
Oct 17th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I found and orage crowbar!!! But....

No, I did not lose it. My luck is much worse than that. My game file is corrupted. Level 37 starting act ten at the edge of the Jungle. I load the game and see the picture and small amaount of animation (a high-light on the words passes over a few letters at a time.) The, the picture pixilates a bit and the animation no longer repeats. The game justs get hung up. The system becomes so lost in this error that the "Xbox" button no longer works. I can not check friends, mails, whatever. IN addition, if I hold it down it will not go to the shut down console.

I did the restat a few times. I started another character and played through the unlocking of the lifeguard building to see if it would clear something. Still nada. Then, restarted a new Logan at chapter 10. Plays OK and I was able to get the the small village. BUT, the respawn give to crappy white weapons, lvl 24, $4,000. But, no patterns and no construction parts.

I had 11 diamonds, 7 Champaign and developers-mod 3 with the weapon constructed. Lots and lots of construction goodies and literally two or three stacks each of Molotovs, Incendiary gernades, gernades, deo-bombs in the bank.

So, resarted a Logan from lvl 1. Instead of being the all-Pro QB, he is the all star punter, place holder and 3rd string QB. LOL. About lvl 13 and I am just about to armor up the truck. Running Jump Kit is very nice, but burns 1/2 my stamina with one kick. But, soon I will have the curb-stomp ability. Knock them on their ass and then head shot with heal rather than weapon as I do now.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 19th, 2011, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=Arthur LaMarche;30244]I found and orage crowbar!!! But....

No, I did not lose it. My luck is much worse than that. My game file is corrupted. Level 37 starting act ten at the edge of the Jungle. I load the game and see the picture and small amaount of animation (a high-light on the words passes over a few letters at a time.) The, the picture pixilates a bit and the animation no longer repeats. The game justs get hung up. The system becomes so lost in this error that the "Xbox" button no longer works. I can not check friends, mails, whatever. IN addition, if I hold it down it will not go to the shut down console.

Dude,

You have the worse luck. LOL. I finished the game this past weekend. Jumped in a game with Creeme, KC and his brother. I was a tad pissed that you get the number one weapon (Zed's Demise) in a quest during the last act. What friggn good does that do you? It should be a level random drop or part of a hard as phuck quest near the middle of the game. A quest so damn hard that people skip it. LOL.

Anyway, I still have tons of quests to complete like finding plane wreck. LOL. I'll just wander around carrying Zed and chopping off necks. One weapon I made is pretty fun to use. I added the Magic Wand mod to a Kanabo. Nothing is funnier to see than when you hit them and they go flying. Well, seeing them puke is actually funnier, so I mispoke. hahah!

Let me know if you need me to run around with you so you can level up quicker. That would also let me do some of the quests i've skipped by playing random coop.

Grognaurd
Oct 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Can you run through the game again using the same character? The game would seem to accomidate that pretty easily. The zombies scale to level of the character not the zone.

I found the alter for the skull brown skull. These are much easier to find than the Halo ones. I stumbled upon very few of those in normal play through. And had to cheat with the wiki.

I have not made it yet since I only have 2 diamonds (Grrrr.... LOL) Seems to have the magic wand ability built in to it.

http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Developer's_No._666_Craft

So far I have found three skulls and three alters. But, only two of three are paired sets. They are the magic wand and the 100% AoE puke fest.

I just did the water plant this AM and I am most likely saved right outside the abandoned house that has a pretty good Diamond drop rate. Not as good as the grocery store, but the square footage of the zone is tiny.

usmcludwig
Oct 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I tried out the XBOX version and I really DIDNT like it at all vs the computer.

Maybe its just because I am use to PC, but the controls just weren't as reactive as a keyboard and mouse imo.

lvl 50 baby- got there by jumping back without having to juggle a joystick (no homo)

Grognaurd
Oct 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
DAMN! Now I really feel bad. I have worn out some joysticks. Well, at least I can blame some of it on my girlfriend...

Hellbringer
Oct 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Can you run through the game again using the same character? The game would seem to accomidate that pretty easily. The zombies scale to level of the character not the zone.

There's supposed to be a "game+" which lets you take your character you played with the first time through and take them through a second time. If the game had an achievement for a second playthrough, like in Borderlands, I wouldn't have jumped in so many multiplayer games during my run to get to level 50.

Still waiting on a time to get my last two achievements. Might do it next weekend when I'm on Staff Duty... again.

Creem_Filling
Oct 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
There's supposed to be a "game+" which lets you take your character you played with the first time through and take them through a second time. If the game had an achievement for a second playthrough, like in Borderlands, I wouldn't have jumped in so many multiplayer games during my run to get to level 50.

Still waiting on a time to get my last two achievements. Might do it next weekend when I'm on Staff Duty... again.

Umm... Have you beat the game? It's already like that. You can play through the game as many times as you please.

Hellbringer
Oct 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Umm... Have you beat the game? It's already like that. You can play through the game as many times as you please.

I did beat the game with knife girl, and haven't looked back. I'm still waiting to do Act I with Logan and then I'm done because I'll have played after a month as well.

Creem_Filling
Oct 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I did beat the game with knife girl, and haven't looked back. I'm still waiting to do Act I with Logan and then I'm done because I'll have played after a month as well.

Well then, reload those files, it'll all ask you if you wanna play through again.

Hellbringer
Oct 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Well then, reload those files, it'll all ask you if you wanna play through again.

I'll most likely do that when the DLC comes out. I hear it's all about arena fighting, which could be fun.

usmcludwig
Oct 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
it gets boring kinda quick i.m.o....kinda sad to see so much awesome potential flush down the bowl :(

hopefully that DLC revives my interest

Grognaurd
Oct 24th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Played some more this weekend. I am now out for blood. In the jungle looking for some natives. Help the scientist above and his CB buddy. STRANGE STUFF.....

Has anyone had a "walker" climb up a ladder? I climbed up one of the shantys. Maybe 20' by 30'. I did not see a walker. So, I went to chow down on the food up there, pet the dog in real life etc. I hear a walker, but figure it is below. But, I am getting tagged. There is a walker on the roof! I do not think it is easily missed when I looked up there. It is small. Not like a warehouse. Nor, have I seen one on the roof of the other huts nor most other structures.

More weirdness. There is a small hut. I look in a window and see that it is furnished. I can reach through the window and open two cupboards. I see a little out of reach the bathroom door is a bash it in door. But, I can not find a way in. None of the doors work and there is no skylight. So, I figure it loads, but is tied to a latter quest.

Last weirdness. I go in one of the buildings. I look around. It is empty with a blue hue. ?? But, then the rest of the room loaded. Never seen my xbox lag like that.

Oh, and my bad luck continues. Got Gabriel's hammer from the church lady. I like that weapon. So, I put Piranaha or whatever on it. joke is on me. Step away from the bench and it is gone. Oh well...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Oct 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Played some more this weekend. I am now out for blood. In the jungle looking for some natives. Help the scientist above and his CB buddy. STRANGE STUFF.....

Oh, and my bad luck continues. Got Gabriel's hammer from the church lady. I like that weapon. So, I put Piranaha or whatever on it. joke is on me. Step away from the bench and it is gone. Oh well...

ROFL x 2 man! damn! That's some funny stuff right there. The hammer went poof? hahah. I wanted to play a bit last night but my daughter is chewing upmy time playing Batman.
What time do you get up in the AM to have time to play? LOL. Is that your "coffee" for the morning?

Grognaurd
Oct 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yea, Poof. Another glitch. But some time it glitches in my favor with explosives. I make a bunch of Deo / meat bombs and get five or 6 times more than I tought. I leave for work around 7:00. I have started the game as early as 4:00AM. But, if I do make it part of the routine it would probably be ~5:30. Man, I hope you do not have to get up that early. It really sucks in the winter when I leave before sunrise and get home after dark.

It isn't really my coffee, but kinda goes along with the coffee or in my case Mountain Dew. Never really got into coffee. I like the sweet soda. But, not much of a fan of candy. With beer I am torn. Sit down to relax with a guiness. Get done chasing the lawn more all around the yard on a hot summer day and I will go for a light beer. A lot of Sam Adams if I want to get a bit hammered. A really bitter beer when doing microbrews. A place nearby has a Dog Bite Bitter. That and a good steak...

I think I am about lvl 36. I just got off the magic boat with the witch doctor and followed him to the secret place to find the quest item (spoiler free 8 ) )That is pr0bably the ~75% mark. I am not sure if you could join my game. I remember something about only being able to join games at the same chapter or before. Not sure, I will have to check.

I got an 800+ damge Wakasashi or whatever it is. My spelling sucks and my brain is foggy. Basically, I think it is the off-hand equiv of katana.

Grognaurd
Oct 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
*sigh* corrupt save @ 96%. I do not know if I want to start again. But, I am also not very excited about starting the final act with a couple of white weapons and some pocket change..

I have not had this problem anywhere else. If this ghost in the machine starts messing with other games, I will get a new HD. If not, I will spend the next few weeks trying to figure out how to slip some meat-bait under the developer's pillow

Hellbringer
Oct 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
*sigh* corrupt save @ 96%. I do not know if I want to start again. But, I am also not very excited about starting the final act with a couple of white weapons and some pocket change..

I have not had this problem anywhere else. If this ghost in the machine starts messing with other games, I will get a new HD. If not, I will spend the next few weeks trying to figure out how to slip some meat-bait under the developer's pillow

I was so, depressed isn't the right word, so out of it that I gave up on the game for a couple of days when my save file decided to go corrupt. I was level 46, almost done with the jungle, and had some nice colorful weapons. What I ended up doing was starting a new game, but at a chapter behind where I stopped. The game gave me a level a level 28 barebones fighter, with only the main quests done. What I did, however, was go back, and do most of the side-quests so I could get more experience as well as better weapons and mods to work with. It took me about a week to get back to where I was, but I also copied my save file onto a USB thumb drive that I have plugged into the 360 as well. That way, if it happened again, I'd have a back-up.

Hellbringer
Nov 13th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Has anyone heard of when the DLC is coming out? I think I missed all the news related to that bit of information.

Grognaurd
Nov 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have not seen any. They targeted the "arena" for mid Nov. But, they lost a lot of time in the firerighting of bugs post launch.

There is a door near one of the tunnels in "Resort" that goes to Arena but is presently marked with one of their "empty" icons. I think it is to be variations on the wave after wave of badguys

The latest patch allowed me to recover my 96% finished game. I do not know if I would classify the end as a "boss" fight. But, sheesh, those straight-jacket dudes are tougher.

Started the second play through to power to 50 and collect the few recordings or IDs I missed playing it as a purist. There are also probably a few more skulls. I found three skulls and their three alters. I love the plague dagger. Glove is soso, the electrical dagger seems to be bugged. I get higher proc rate with standard weapons.

Played a little Fable III. Thinking about Skirym or whatever the spelling is. Halo anniversary is a must have. I wonder if they jacked up the legendary. That got to be my standard gameplay, so it means it is too easy. Reach Legendary was much harder to solo. I do not think I did that. The ending was a little depressig for me. If I want to watch good men die durring heroic acts, I will turn on the TV. I play the games to escape.

Ah, not to mention MW3, GEars3 and others. Too many games and not enough time...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Nov 15th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Arthur,

I just DL'd the "Zombie Island of DR. Ned" in Borderlands. Gadzooks! F'n things sneak up on you from the ground, graves, caves, trees..
You can barely see them at a distance because they blend in with the surroundings. They send a lot of them at one time too! Thank goodness for my SMG that does X4 fire damage and triple rocket launcher!
Funny thing is that it has the most "realistic" zombies of any game I've played so far. I'm qualifying that simply because you can blow them in half and the torso will still crawl after you (and at a pretty good pace).
I need a good partner to help me lay waste to the hoards now!

By they way, I haven't even looked at my Dead Island game since I "beat" it.

Hellbringer
Dec 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
I saw the DLC came out for Dead Island. However, someone is still borrowing my copy of Dead Island. Looks like I'll be waiting until after Christmas for it.