PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead podcast Talks We're Alive-

Kc
May 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hi ya,

My partner Karen and I do a podcast about AMC's The Walking Dead. Just wanted to let you know we talked about We're Alive in our latest episode.

If you want to listen, you can find the episode on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/thedeadcast

Cheers,
Jason

Check it out. Starts out about 15 minutes or so. Pretty nice show and review-

fraggot
May 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Downloading now, and going to check out the rest of their podcast.

Thanks Kc

Beaumont
May 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
I love their podcast! Jason is so monotone with a very dry sense of humor and Karen sounds so adorable. I had suggested that they check out We're Alive when The Walking Dead ended and they were going to continue the podcast until the next season started up. They didn't get into the show very much but judging from the review I think they will.

Jason
May 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hey, just saw this. I HAVE been getting into the show. Just finished Chapter 10. Our friend Don was right - the show has aspects I've never seen in a zombie story before. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but it seems like they're behaving like a kind of hive. One reason I always loved the 'Borg on ST:TNG was because they reminded me of zombies, and WA zombies are even more 'Borg-like. :)

Anyway, yeah, I'm really enjoying listening. At this rate, I'll be caught up in a couple of days.

Beaumont
May 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Cool! but I should tell you that it may be better to stretch out the listen because when I first found WA I listened all the way through in a few days and the wait between episodes now is awful. I think you were right in your review when you said it may be better to allow for the chapters to build up and then listen, which is something I've been trying for awhile now.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
This was awesome! Excellent analysis, and I love that they mentioned WND and laughed at the concept of the podcast of a podcast (even mentioning the inside joke about having a podcast next year about WND so it's a podcast about a podcast about a podcast). That was a well researched segment, props to them for doing their due diligence!

I also love how they started to touch on not liking some of the things we've mentioned about the opening three chapters (stiff acting etc etc) but shied away because they didn't want to turn anyone off from it even if they did come back around to criticize some things like Datu. Very respectful group, and also very aware of not spoiling anything for anyone. Kick ass! If I actually watched Walking Dead, I would probably subscribe to their podcast

COsurvivor
May 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
If I actually watched Walking Dead

I lost all respect for you now...

Hellbringer
May 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I lost all respect for you now...

haha! that's funny. I started to get into the Walking Dead, but other things came up. However, my wife has season one lying around somewhere so I'll probably pop one of the discs in a little later.

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2011, 10:47 PM
You can lose your respect for me all you want. I was very deeply changed by my first zombie experience (the one I mentioned on WND). I still don't really even like zombies. The reason I'm here is because I like the radio drama and the zombies get sprinkled in for flavor :)

So me opening back up to watch Walking Dead is a big step for me....jerk :p

Jason
May 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
@nikvoodoo Hope you do give TWD a try. It's all about the relationships between all the survivors, with zombie action sprinkled in here and there. Actually TWD and WA have something in common that not a lot of zombie stories do - they're both kind of a look at what would happen if a zombie movie kept on going. Yeah, I bet you'd really enjoy TWD. The comic is great stuff too.

And, thanks for the compliments! Good to be appreciated :)

nikvoodoo
May 25th, 2011, 01:02 AM
@nikvoodoo Hope you do give TWD a try. It's all about the relationships between all the survivors, with zombie action sprinkled in here and there. Actually TWD and WA have something in common that not a lot of zombie stories do - they're both kind of a look at what would happen if a zombie movie kept on going. Yeah, I bet you'd really enjoy TWD. The comic is great stuff too.

And, thanks for the compliments! Good to be appreciated :)

Of course! Thanks for covering WA on your podcast!! and welcome to the forums! :)

Magrat
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Downloading the podcast now. Lot's of people are talking about the We're Alive episode. Has anyone listened to any of the other eps in this line of podcast? Are they worth continuing with or is this just a once off thing? (Working on the assumption that anyone continuing to listen to them also watches AMC's Walking Dead or at least knows the comics)

Cabbage Patch
Jun 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
It's an excellent podcast, and well worth subscribing to. They have excellent connections with somebody associated with The Walking Dead, and have able to get kick-ass interviews with the cast and with Robert Kirkman. During the hiatus they've been reviewing other zombie-themed materials and covering the news about the new season of TWD as it dribbles out. Their WA episode is what turned me on to We're Alive and this forum.

Cabbage Patch
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
BTW, their next episode, which should go out about June 18, will feature an interview with KC from We're Alive.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
The episode in which they interview KC is available! It has lots of interesting insights into We're Alive. And, for the record, he pronounces his name "Casey".

Magrat
Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
BTW, their next episode, which should go out about June 18, will feature an interview with KC from We're Alive.

Downloading now. Can't wait!