PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island: Pirates, Ghosts, Secrets, and of course, Monkeys

Hellbringer
May 23rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
For those who don't know, today's the last day of the pirate themed Deal of the Week for Xbox. One of the games available is Monkey Island: Special Edition. I highly recommend people pick that game up if they haven't played it before. It shows up as a Deal of the Week about once a quarter anyways, so if you don't get it now, you can save your money and get it later. I've probably played that game at least a 100 times in different forms on different systems, because it's been around since 1990.

However, there's a sequel that came out, but I have never played it. Until recently. I started playing Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge but I was so tired I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it (my new, but temporary, work schedule still takes some getting adjusting to).

I played the first Secret of Monkey Island originally on the Sega CD, tracked it down for an old PC, and when I got a new PC spent days and weeks looking for it again. Finally got my current version of Monkey Island: Special Edition on Xbox 360 and my kids started to get into it watching me play. Definitely a blast, and it's nice to see updated graphics and voice-overs done for the dialogue. This game has to be my favorite of all time.

I was curious if anyone else has played games from the Monkey Island series, and what memories they had from any of them?

j0be
May 23rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I played them all. Both the old versions and the new. I have a soft spot in my heart for point and click adventures. :)

BoomerXL
May 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
I've never played any of the Monkey Island games, I might have to check this out. Though I did play a bunch of point and click games when I was younger, I couldn't name any of them if you asked me to...I just don't remember the names of any of them.