PDA

View Full Version : Who is the new medical authority at the Colony?

WestonWisdom
May 22nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Now, this could be either a plot hole(unlikely) or a major factor in colony and outside relations.

When Michael first arrives at the colony, he asks Tanya "Just you?", to which she answers yes, whilst also mentioning a few other nurses.

When Michael awakes from his surgery, and listens to Marcus shouting at Tanya, we hear him say "Your not the only other medical authority around here anymore", this point is further supported when it is mentioned that Tanya may not be on duty as the time of Michaels escape from the colony, meaning that a new medical officer may have arrived at the colony during Michael's downtime.

Furthermore, Tanya mentions when it is revealed she isn't a doctor, that she is as good as, saying she has been learning from other doctors during her time at the colony.

This raises two questions, Firstly, what happened to the colony to make them lose the medical experts that Tanya learnt from, did they become runaways? Did they die with Shaun?, the way Tanya talked about it being just her made it seem like it wasn't a recent development, so I lean towards an event we do not know about. Secondly, who is this new medical authority? A maller?

Side Note : Did anybody like the passive aggressive pink cast?

Kc
May 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
To clarify, when he asked, "Just You" as in she was the only doctor there at the moment. There are other medical personnel, but the details have not come up in the story.

cupcakezombie
May 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
but the details have not come up in the story.

Sounds like a not come up in the story YET situation.

WestonWisdom
May 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
To clarify, when he asked, "Just You" as in she was the only doctor there at the moment. There are other medical personnel, but the details have not come up in the story.

But the "anymore" in Marcus's rant seems to indicate that this was a recent development, I got the impression that Tanya and the nurses were the only medical authority at the colony. /confused

Creem_Filling
May 22nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I love it when KC answers questions like this. Any theories that people may have been bubbling up are just shot down by his intimate knowledge and facts. Not that I'm complaining, it's helpful when he does. But funny all the same in that it just kind of completes a thread.

nikvoodoo
May 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
But the "anymore" in Marcus's rant seems to indicate that this was a recent development, I got the impression that Tanya and the nurses were the only medical authority at the colony. /confused

Or it's at some point Tanya was the only medical person they had. This could be at any point from the beginning of the outbreak. Doesn't have to be recent. If she started as the first medical person, that could be what the anymore implies.

Kc
May 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
To evaluate further, she worked with other doctors who died at the start of things. She received some training from them which she mentions later. There was a time when she was the only doctor at colony, but the "anymore" implies that there might be some recent addition. This doesn't spoil any of the story, but just claifies if you need it.

COsurvivor
May 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
I think people forgot just how often Tanya used the word "WE". She stated that "WE tried this or that on people... You may think she means The Colony, but she cold easily mean others in the same profession as her...

Is it me or does KC a fan of the word BUT?

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Sounds like a not come up in the story YET situation.

well with 4 seasons minimum for the stories to expand, almost everything is a big YET.
Also, KC is evil. We know this, and that's why we love him.

Kc
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evil am I.

Waldo Butters
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evil am I.

Just a smidge.....

Magrat
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evil am I.

Yes. Yes you are. But in a good way. Like The Master, or Scratch. Fun evil (until you turn on us and destroy all we care about, laughing as the ashes of your creation rain down on our pitiful heads)!