PDA

View Full Version : characters ethnicity?

Don Man
May 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hey I just wanted to hear the way you picture certain characters. Untill I say the acter of Saul at were alive in the flesh I always pictured him as white and Ive always pictured Bill as black. So anyway your thoughts

kafu288
May 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I always pictured Angel as pretty much Shane just with blond hair. For some reason I always pictured Scratch as looking like the boss lady for the company in Prison Break season 3. I have a fillipino manager at work so whenever I heard Datu talk I always see Bernie in my head...

Burt is old Indiana Jones.

ObamaCat
May 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Burt is old Indiana Jones.

Haha, that sir is awesome.

Creem_Filling
May 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I always pictured Saul as Mexican, until we met his mom. Riley as Italian (just appearance, don't know why). And Bill as black. Everyone else I had as white. And that's how the cookie crumbles!

Kn1ckerb0cker33
May 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM
As for the main characters...

Name (Gender) - Ethnicity/Hair Color (Actor(s)/Actress(es) I visualize when listening to the show)

Saul (M) - Spanish-African American Mix (Nate Geez or Michael Pena)
Tanya (F) - African-American (Angela Bassett or Older Jada Pinkett Smith)
Michael (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Michael Stahl-David or Josh Hartnett)
Angel (M) - Caucasian/Blonde (Shane Salk w/Short Blonde Hair or Chad-Michael Murray or Benjamin McKenzie)
Pegs (F) - Caucasian/Ginger (Elisa Eliot or Hayley Williams or Autumn Reeser or Claire Coffee)
Riley (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Audrey Tautou)
Datu (M) - Filipino/Dark Black Hair (Jay Olegario w/ older features)
Lizzy (F) - Caucasian/Blonde (Younger Naomi Watts)
Burt (M) - Caucasian/White Hair (Bill from Left 4 Dead)
Kelly (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Tammy Klein or Melinda Clarke)
Tommy (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Joseph Mazzello)
Bill (M) - African-American (Harold Perrineau w/ Fade haircut or LeVar Burton)
Kalani (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Colin Quinn - Most people probably picture him more like a native Hawaiian or Samoan but I imagine there are Caucasian people who are born and raised on the islands with native names)

*Note - Oh btw, is there anyway to make a link to a picture using the actor/actresses names? For example, the name Elisa Eliot or Naomi Watts would be blue and would link people to a picture instead of http://www.imdb.co... etc.?

Don Man
May 20th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Everyone is picturing Saul as being black I honestly thought he was white

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM
*Note - Oh btw, is there anyway to make a link to a picture using the actor/actresses names? For example, the name Elisa Eliot or Naomi Watts would be blue and would link people to a picture instead of http://www.imdb.co... etc.?

The ones that become blue have a page on the Wiki. The ones that stay gray don't.
Also, not every character has the same ethnicity as their actor ;)

However, your list is pretty accurate I believe.

Grognaurd
May 20th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Riley says she was a french chef and speaks french. But, I thought her accent was more of a english as a second language citizen of the British Commonwealth. I hear the inflection of the commonwealth more so than the french. Later I was to learn that the actress has lived in France and England.

Rock Daddy
May 20th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I like how Kc is allowing the audio drama to emphasize it's nature. I didn't see the cover art until about chapter 11ish I think. I got clear pictures in my mind of the characters and zombies, and part of the fun is how your imagination interprets this world. This is how I originally saw everyone...
Michael: White with dark short hair, average height, kind of clean-cut with a classic profile, but rugged at the same time.
Angel: White with blonde hair, tall, kind of nerdy, with a goofy sort of handsome look (strong cheekbones/jaw)
Saul: I honestly thought Saul was Latino. The name didn't seem very African-American. I pictured him as a short, skinny, dark, Puerto Rican guy, with very short hair
Pegs: White, Brunette, short and petite, cute, with a rounded face and a small nose.
Riley: Her accent threw me off -- I kept bouncing back and forth between European and Indian, but settled on white Euro with a slightly tan complection, average height to slightly tall, slim, athletic build, blue eyes, brown long wavy hair
Datu: I thought he was Mexican at first, but after hearing his accent more, I thought he was Philipino perhaps. Tan skin, Dark hair and eyes. Short, stocky, with an animated face, a broad round nose, full lips
Lizzy: BLONDE duh! LOL but average height, thin with a curvy figure, pretty eyes, more of an angular face, with a pointy nose, and thin lips
Burt: Honestly a cross between Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, and Charlton Heston. A tall, older white man with creases and scruff on his face, and silver/white hair. squinty blue eyes, clenched teeth, and a bit of a crooked nose.
Bill: Tall, in shape, African American man, with a slight afro and a short beard, a fierce face, with a strong jaw, full lips, furrowing eyebrows, dark eyes.
Kelly: I pictured her as a middle-age white female, but kind of a cougar (attractive but bitchy). freckly-tan skin, shoulder-length, dirty blonde wavy hair, pulled back. A broad face, with green squinty eyes, a pointy nose, and a smirking mouth. Curvy, but not chubby.
Scratch: White average height female, with milky pale skin, blue eyes, and black, short, straight, cheekbone-length hair. A more manly build, with a round face, full lips, a small round nose, and a constant scowl on her face.
Kalani: I actually see him a super obese white guy. Not a native islander. Maybe if anything, he is half white, halve native. Greying, curly, hair. Thick eyebrows. Dark eyes. Tan skin.

Nevermatter
May 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM
As for the main characters...

Name (Gender) - Ethnicity/Hair Color (Actor(s)/Actress(es) I visualize when listening to the show)

Saul (M) - Spanish-African American Mix (Nate Geez or Michael Pena)
Tanya (F) - African-American (Angela Bassett or Older Jada Pinkett Smith)
Michael (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Michael Stahl-David or Josh Hartnett)
Angel (M) - Caucasian/Blonde (Shane Salk w/Short Blonde Hair or Chad-Michael Murray or Benjamin McKenzie)
Pegs (F) - Caucasian/Ginger (Elisa Eliot or Hayley Williams or Autumn Reeser or Claire Coffee)
Riley (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Audrey Tautou)
Datu (M) - Filipino/Dark Black Hair (Jay Olegario w/ older features)
Lizzy (F) - Caucasian/Blonde (Younger Naomi Watts)
Burt (M) - Caucasian/White Hair (Bill from Left 4 Dead)
Kelly (F) - Caucasian/Brunette (Tammy Klein or Melinda Clarke)
Tommy (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Joseph Mazzello)
Bill (M) - African-American (Harold Perrineau w/ Fade haircut or LeVar Burton)
Kalani (M) - Caucasian/Brown Hair (Colin Quinn - Most people probably picture him more like a native Hawaiian or Samoan but I imagine there are Caucasian people who are born and raised on the islands with native names)

Im gonna go with just about this same thing except I see Riley as a European transplant from India. Like Rebecca Hazlewood from Outsourced. And Kalani Being Definite Hawaiian Islander. Awesome list though Kn1ck!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 20th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Im gonna go with just about this same thing except I see Riley as a European transplant from India. Like Rebecca Hazlewood from Outsourced. And Kalani Being Definite Hawaiian Islander. Awesome list though Kn1ck!

Rock, Nevermatter..
You cats have the closest list to what I envisioned. Matter being even closer with the Kalani choice.
Rock.. Im of the mind that Kalani is 100% Native Hawaiian. In the very least he'd be Native and Japanese, But I can go with Kalani being biracial. Dad probably being native mom being white thereby his dad choosing to stick with an ethnic name. Their culture believes in the power of names just like our Native Americans do.

I envisioned Riley as being East Indian UK citizen only because the accent couldn't be placed.

Nevermatter
May 20th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Also, Rebecca Hazlewood=Smoking hot! Therefor Riley=Smoking hot!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM
You know what though.. i'll dip Clare D/Riley in a glass of mile anyday!

Kn1ckerb0cker33
May 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Im gonna go with just about this same thing except I see Riley as a European transplant from India. Like Rebecca Hazlewood from Outsourced.

Actually, Rebecca Hazlewood would be a great fit for Riley, I can totally believe that.

And Kalani Being Definite Hawaiian Islander.

Yeah I figured most people would, but there is something about Kalani's voice that reminds me of Colin Quinn. Probably the raspy-ness

Awesome list though Kn1ck!

Thanks =D

Mando
May 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Everyone is picturing Saul as being black I honestly thought he was white

I thought he was too at first

ilanagl
May 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Saul- black, buzz cut, thin/muscular, average height
Lizzy- white, blonde hair, skinny, TALL, hot
Michael- white, light brown hair, muscular, 6'1"
Angel- white/pale, blonde hair, thin, 6'4"
Riley-white(French), brown hair, thin/toned, just above average height
Datu- dark(Filipino), black short hair, chubby, short
Kelly- white, dark brown hair, normal weight, normal height
Tommy- white, blonde hair, skinny, tall
Pegs- white/tan, blonde/red hair, mousish figure(small)
Scratch-white, brown short hair, muscular, short
Bill- black, bald, chubby, very tall

Steven- assholey
Kalani- white, bald, FAT, normal height