PDA

View Full Version : The CDC post's it's own ZA preparedness instructions

Chogidog
May 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I just found some CDC instructions just incase the ZA happens.
Now, I dont think I'll be choosing the mailbox for my meeting place, but suit yourself.

The CDC post:
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

If you want some of their buttons or widgets:
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies.asp

Tandem25
May 19th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I LOVE to see my tax dollars hard at work. :rolleyes:

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I LOVE to see my tax dollars hard at work. :rolleyes:

in the CDC's defense, they aren't saying anything different than what they say for any other outbreak. And most of what they suggest is what everyone should do in any natural disaster. They just....changed the scenario.

cupcakezombie
May 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
It is probably also a good way to get people to go to the CDC, and think about what you need for an emergency, rather then actual zombie awareness. Would you guys have gone there otherwise?

Adventureless_Hero
May 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Now, I dont think I'll be choosing the mailbox for my meeting place, but suit yourself.

LMFAO! That picture needs a ravenous looking zombie photoshopped into the background! Awesome. Remeniscent of "Duck and Cover".

Tandem25
May 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM
in the CDC's defense, they aren't saying anything different than what they say for any other outbreak. And most of what they suggest is what everyone should do in any natural disaster. They just....changed the scenario.

Oh I know. It's a good campaign. It'll get more people to notice for sure.
Nice to see someone thinking outside the box.

Eviebae
May 20th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm outside the US, but isn't that FEMA's business?, with CDC involvement your should be suspicious that your government knows something!...

CDC is the Center For Disease Control, they help identify contagions, contain outbreaks, organize flu vaccinations. FEMA's (when they choose to do it that is) is to organize and manage after a emergency. They should work together...should.

Luna Guardian
May 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM
See, THIS is why I'd love to live in the States, you guys are prepared for everything, no matter how ridiculous others may think it is :p

BoomerXL
May 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
That can't be real, though if it is, I wonder if the Canadian govt is prepared? :confused:

Creem_Filling
May 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
I've posted an article the CDC put on Fox telling people to prepare on some thread before. I think it's seriously awesome, because it means I'm not crazy!

Dameon1213
May 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
i get what they are trying to say, and i like it. all it means is that if you are prepared for the ZA then when it goes down then your ready for anything.

gaijinpunk
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Either that, or 2012's going to be even more strange, fun and downright life-threatening than anybody thought.
Just sayin'.:meh:

Cabbage Patch
Sep 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I think the CDC's Zombie press release was brilliant. It probably cost them next-to-nothing to do, just modify an existing document and post. All of the buzz has come from sites like this one picking it up and forwarding, and I actually read the message and thought about my emergency supplies...mission accomplished. Earlier today I drove home from the Silicon Valley area and passed a billboard funded by some government agency advising us to visit their web site for information on how to prepare for natural disasters. By the time I got home I couldn't remember which agency had sponsored the thing, let alone their URL.

Puddin N Tame
Sep 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I wonder if they also have a plan in case of a shortage of video games and/or big macs... plenty of people would go feral.

gaijinpunk
Sep 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I smiled when I saw this.
A big, wide, poop-eating smile.
Considering there are so many other things the CDC could've posted up a plan for (updated plans for hurricanes, earthquakes, terrorist attacks, chemical and biological weapons, salmonella...hell, viral outbreaks of the flu or H1N1) I have to say it's a little satisfying (and a bit worrying) that they would even consider a uprising of the dead as a threat.
Not so far fetched after that one...:D

Cabbage Patch
Oct 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
The CDC is at it again. Now they have their own comic that depicts a Zombie Apocalypse: http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/documents/11_225700_A_Zombie_Final.pdf

It's a beautiful comic that talks about emergency preparedness, the role that the CDC would play in an outbreak, and the types of actions our government is going to take to protect us. I thought it might be a joke or a hoax at first, but now I think it's an actual government publication and it seems to be posted on the official CDC website. So what is it that the government, and K.C., know that we don't know?

Luna Guardian
Oct 22nd, 2011, 03:34 AM
Wether or not Saul and Blondie made the whoopie?

usmcludwig
Oct 22nd, 2011, 03:52 AM
Clever fuckers.
Americans are too dumb to listen to "Hey- Hurricane's are bad" so they had to put the ever popular "Zombies=Hurricane's" tag on it just so people aren't caught off guard.
Your country indeed knows and loves you lol

Luna Guardian
Oct 22nd, 2011, 04:21 AM
I choose to believe that the United States government is serious about zombies. I mean, the movies and audio dramas MUST have taught you guys SOMETHING!

M+J=zombies dead>=3
Oct 22nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
woah! so when is this thing gonna happen?:D

usmcludwig
Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Shit.
That'd be some crazy shit.
I wanna throw some old lady off my porch like that official US sanctioned comic strip said I could when a z-day happens.
I will listen to The Chemical Brothers while I do it- trippin balls