PDA

View Full Version : Zombie clapping/stomping?

shananala8
May 18th, 2011, 10:52 PM
In 10-3, as Samantha is being dragged to the arena there is an odd, rhythmic sound that starts at about 5:05 in and gets a little louder. It could just be me, but it sounds like clapping or stomping.

Anyone else agree, or am I just going crazy? And if it is clapping/stomping, then it really adds another level to the "playing with their food" aspect of the Arena.

nikvoodoo
May 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hmm, interesting. Interesting indeed.

You're not crazy, I hear it too. I still haven't cracked open my cd set....any one with a remastered copy want to take a listen and let us know if it's still there?

shananala8
May 18th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hmm, interesting. Interesting indeed.

You're not crazy, I hear it too. I still haven't cracked open my cd set....any one with a remastered copy want to take a listen and let us know if it's still there?

I have those and yes, the sound appears there as well.

Pikepaw
May 18th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I've heard it too, you could be right

cupcakezombie
May 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM
This fits with the sort of tribal/village feeling I got from the setup in the arena; fires, eyes watching, groups going to get food together. Holding captives and bringing them out for some ritualistic type event doesn't seem at all far fetched.
I also noticed the different sounds they were making to each other in the different situations. When they didn't know Angel and Pegs were in the pile, the almost sounded like they were communicating. Also, when they came into the room with Datu and they seemed to be 'talking' as they examined Kalani.

Rock Daddy
May 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I was just listening to this yesterday. At first I thought they were gunshot pops... Then I realized that Angel and Riley weren't there yet, and it was just the zombies gathering. It's obviously some kind of calling noise to begin the ritual...

COsurvivor
May 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I will have to listen again to both the original version and the CD set to see if that is true... I will get back you to you on this later today...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 19th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Ritualistic killings but more likely an offering! Tons of primative cultures celebrate a kill especially if the head honco is the one doing it or if it FOR him/her.
An offering would explain the need to kill in the center of the ring so everyone can bear witness.
Does anyone think the room they were held in was a random choice? I don't. The terror of seeing someone die..no, KILLED is like nothing a person should witness. Add to the fact that you know it's only a matter of time before it's your turn.
The pleasure that must give Ink/Suit......

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Does anyone think the room they were held in was a random choice? I don't. The terror of seeing someone die..no, KILLED is like nothing a person should witness. Add to the fact that you know it's only a matter of time before it's your turn.

Most likely not random, though the choices in a hockey arena would be pretty limited. They would have to be held in the skyboxes (like they were), or down in the locker rooms, training rooms, random offices held in the bowels of the building. Yes, they were probably chosen for the additional pleasure of making people watch, but if you put hostages in those other places odds are they'll be able to find something to aid them. The skyboxes apparently only had furniture bolted to the floor....

....awfully smart, aren't they?

Rock Daddy
May 19th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Ritualistic killings but more likely an offering! Tons of primative cultures celebrate a kill especially if the head honco is the one doing it or if it FOR him/her.
An offering would explain the need to kill in the center of the ring so everyone can bear witness.

You have a good point Crowbar. I want to know more about what's going on there. And what you said that's really scary... "Ink/Colored One" DOES get pleasure out of it. He has emotions... CREEEEEPY.

nikvoodoo
May 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You have a good point Crowbar. I want to know more about what's going on there. And what you said that's really scary... "Ink/Colored One" DOES get pleasure out of it. He has emotions... CREEEEEPY.

well we know that The One in the Pinstriped suit has emotions. He laughs just before he jumps out the window (11-1 ~10:30). Now back to the question of all questions: Are they the same guy?

Rock Daddy
May 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
well we know that The One in the Pinstriped suit has emotions. He laughs just before he jumps out the window (11-1 ~10:30). Now back to the question of all questions: Are they the same guy?

Nik, this is something that's driving me NUTS! I don't think they are the same guy! I think there's a reason why they specifically said "colored" and "weird looking face/skin". I WANT TO KNOW!!!

cupcakezombie
May 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe, the Coloured One is in charge of operations back at the base, and the One in the Pinstriped Suit is in charge of the field operations/recon. Fits with where we see them.

ilanagl
May 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I recently listened to that chapter and heard it to. Makes the zombies that much creepier.