PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse Jobs RPG

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
How are your current jobs preparing you for the pending, inevitable, and upcoming zombie apocalypse?

What skills are you honing now to be useful to us in the future?

Your a LEO? Ok we can put you to work.

Your an electrician? Excellent. Bust out your tools.

You dance for dollars? Good deal. There's a poll in the Voodoo Lounge with your name all over it.

You work in the mailroom? Wonderful! Grab a shovel.

Tell us what you have to offer and where you think you'll be the most help.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm well rounded. Framing, concrete, bridges, etc. Finishing up my apprenticeship for carpentry this year, though I could have challenged the test two years ago and got my ticket. Just didn't have time. I ended up with so much work I was turning down jobs left and right. If it can be built, I can do it. If it needs to be made safe, I'm more than able. I'm also able to safely remove staircases, my experience in construction gives me the ability to make an exit where there wasn't one before. It also tells me where the weak spots are. You want to make a building safe, I'm your guy. I've also built all manner of siege weapons: catapults, trebuchets, crossbows, armour, etc. I'm not the best marksman, but I can hit a moving target with little trouble and 9 times out of 10 I'll hit what I'm aiming at.

Not sounding arrogant, but if the end comes, I'm going to want someone like me around.

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Very good Satan.
You'll be lead foreman and field engineer for the Maintenance and Defense Crew. The MDC. On a trial basis of course. We have to be fair.
You may have to do some shifts here and there on gaurd duty with that kind of marksmanship.

Don Man
May 18th, 2011, 05:05 PM
If there is a job where someone has to play a lot of video games or drink a lot of pepsi then i will be useful

cycogod
May 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
electrician , but good luck finding any you could use after about a week. gonna have to fund further research into this potato battery theory ! the current state of the nations electrical grid is lacking, as dependent as we are on electricity were in trouble...

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Very good Satan.
You'll be lead foreman and field engineer for the Maintenance and Defense Crew. The MDC. On a trial basis of course. We have to be fair.
You may have to do some shifts here and there on gaurd duty with that kind of marksmanship.

As long as I can get at least 4 hours sleep a night I'll remain useful. When I reach the point of exhaustion I start making mistakes and when that happens I'm only fighting myself, working backwards and am no use at all to anyone. If you can't do it in 8 hours, go home. That's been my motto for years now. But when it comes to building... I'll out work anyone you put beside me.

electrician , but good luck finding any you could use after about a week. gonna have to fund further research into this potato battery theory ! the current state of the nations electrical grid is lacking, as dependent as we are on electricity were in trouble...

If it's electrical you should be able to figure it out, which means you'd be good for more than just GFIs and pot lights. You'd know how to wire up electric generators, run power from solar panels... at least get enough juice going to the coffee maker. Really that's all I need.

Sparkies will be VERY valuable in the long term. Once we figure out a way to generate our own juice... we'll need you.

Don Man
May 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
As long as I can get at least 4 hours sleep a night I'll remain useful.

4 hours! :O i need like 11 lol

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM
You'll learn fast that kind of thinking won't fly. I got no problem pitching out the ones who are dead weight. :P

Lol @ ninja thread merge

Ra1th
May 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Lol @ ninja thread merge

got mad skillz yo

smalls kenobi
May 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
i Could Dig like nobody's business! my last job was Dig Crew for a fair. I would average 4 6foot deep holes a day. i'm sure i could do more but there were a buttload of boulders i had to dig out or break. at work they called me The Destroyer, haha. if someone needed to chop through roots or break rocks, they called me.

and i'm pretty tall(6'5) to so i can be the lookout or something, haha. i also wouldn't mind to be in the frontlines ;)

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
i Could Dig like nobody's business! my last job was Dig Crew for a fair. I would average 4 6foot deep holes a day. i'm sure i could do more but there were a buttload of boulders i had to dig out or break. at work they called me The Destroyer, haha. if someone needed to chop through roots or break rocks, they called me.

and i'm pretty tall(6'5) to so i can be the lookout or something, haha. i also wouldn't mind to be in the frontlines ;)

Great. We'll put you on the excavation and site services crew. The ESC. We're tunneling for escape routes and you'll be very helpful.

If there is a job where someone has to play a lot of video games or drink a lot of pepsi then i will be useful

Sure! There's something for everyone. You'll be on the Surveillance and Monitoring Crew. The SMC. We'll put some of those gaming skills to work. And you'll need the caffiene from those pepsis. The crew is very small right now and the shifts are long.

No. No. We've needed someone just like you. You're going over to the instrumentation and Electrical Crew. The IEC. We've got crews working on bringing solar panels in as we speak. And we're hoping to set up a couple of wind turbines.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Yeah... shooting over the head of the 6'5 guy... that ain't gonna happen. If we're in a line you're in the rear.

Search and Rescue
Medic
Emergency Response
Firefighter
Welder/ Fabricator
Marksman
Gardener
Cook
...whatever is needed I guess.

I should go challenge the first aid courses this year. Thanks for the reminder.You and I will be building a lot of shit together. I could use a welder. I've done a fair stint of steel fab, I love my grinder. Oh the things you and I would be building... oh the things we could build just for fun!

Alright... looks like Tandem has his hands full. Sort this mess out and submit a report. Looks like you volunteered to manage personnel. Thank god.

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Yup. I do love welding. But I don't do it for a living anymore. It's been a minute.
It's ok. Multitasking is my specialty. HR manager/ Welder/ Emergency Rescue. I can handle it.
I think we'd all be wearing a lot of hats in this situation.

The generator and welder are both on the family farm about 10 miles from where I live. Close enough to get to.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Well throw on your sorting hat. I want to know who I'm going to be working with.

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I should go challenge the first aid courses this year. Thanks for the reminder.You and I will be building a lot of shit together. I could use a welder. I've done a fair stint of steel fab, I love my grinder. Oh the things you and I would be building... oh the things we could build just for fun!

Yeah. I could think of some crazy medieval Spanish inquisition stuff to make for zombie attack & defense.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah. I could think of some crazy medieval Spanish inquisition stuff to make for zombie attack & defense.

First thing is first. Fortification of the building, that means bracing and hoarding. We'll need to make sure you've got juice to run your welder... unless you have your own genset. Please tell me you do...

smalls kenobi
May 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
i can also be the Barteneder!
i'll serve my #1 concoction: Tropic Thunder!
4shots of 99 Bananas
1 Bottle of Smirnoff Ice
and top it off with some Tiki Punch
served in a chilled Beer Mug
mmmm.. Good Times :)

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Well throw on your sorting hat. I want to know who I'm going to be working with.

So far I've got Hikaro, kjarman, Pikepaw, Bvglee and Eitri on your Crew. With bvglee running the night shift.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
The generator and welder are both on the family farm about 10 miles from where I live. Close enough to get to.

Acquisition of a panel van should be a priority in that case. Going to need something big enough to bring back up with you as well as transporting it back safely. A big ass van is your best bet for that. Pickups are good, but you've got room for 3 and actually afford them enough room to be useful in a situation that requires firing without getting in each others way. But you're going to want to take at least 5 with you. Two to pack the gen and welder and 3 to guard. Also helps to have the extra room to grab any family that may be there, or survivors you might find en route.

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Smallskenobi you're on the Site Services Crew. The SSC. It doesn't sound great but it's very important. We may break it down further when we find more survivors.
And you may have to learn to make some hooch or shine. I think the liquor will go pretty quick.

Osiris
May 18th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Smallskenobi you're on the Site Services Crew. The SSC. It doesn't sound great but it's very important. We may break it down further when we find more survivors.
And you may have to learn to make some hooch or shine. I think the liquor will go pretty quick.

However, alcohol is useful to help sterilize wounds and so forth. Rubbing alcohol... learn to make it ASAP.

I'm anticipating a good report... what we have, what don't have, what we can't get by without.

OH FUUUUUUUUUU ninja thread split! NICE!

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 07:24 PM
We're in the process of scouting for new transportation. And, Site Services is in charge of inventory control at this time. I'll have them get an updated list of supplies.

Leedo2502
May 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM
US Army Infantryman. I spent the last 15 years learning, and actually doing, the job of running through the woods desert and urban enviorments to kill people and break things... Attended NCO schools, leadership schools, Combat Life Saver classes, Small Arms Instructor classes, Commo Classes, and all the way down to field sanitation classes. I am proficient in all US small arms qualified expert on my M-4 and M-240. I could shoot the pecker off a gnat at a 100 meters with the M-4 that I took to Iraq. And most importantly I took 12 guys to combat with me in Iraq and brought all 12 back without a scratch.

What can I do ya for ;)

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM
US Army Infantryman. I spent the last 15 years learning, and actually doing, the job of running through the woods desert and urban enviorments to kill people and break things... Attended NCO schools, leadership schools, Combat Life Saver classes, Small Arms Instructor classes, Commo Classes, and all the way down to field sanitation classes. I am proficient in all US small arms qualified expert on my M-4 and M-240. I could shoot the pecker off a gnat at a 100 meters with the M-4 that I took to Iraq. And most importantly I took 12 guys to combat with me in Iraq and brought all 12 back without a scratch.

What can I do ya for ;)

Well, hell yeah! We're going to require strong well trained and battle hardened military support in surviving this terrible situation.
Sounds like you're just the man we need.

smalls kenobi
May 18th, 2011, 08:36 PM
However, alcohol is useful to help sterilize wounds and so forth. Rubbing alcohol... learn to make it ASAP.

Will do :)

Boomstick
May 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM

mem can help you with your potato battery research. He is the foremost expert on it.

Drew227598
May 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM

Have you ever read the “EMP commission report”? There is a Class and Non Class report and I forget which one I read the info off of so I won’t say too much but it talks about the current state of our grid and what and EMP attack would do to it. If you haven’t checked it out you can get the non-class side on Google.

Drew227598
May 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM

What can I do ya for ;)

Hooah!

Drew227598
May 31st, 2011, 09:27 AM
To throw my hat in the ring so to speak lol
11 year Active Duty Navy vet, Weapons qualed on the M2 50 cal machine gun on down, CBR expert, Combat Life Saver qualed, I have been trained in everything from convoy tactics to detainee treatment. Spent a year in Baghdad half of that was imbedded in with Army, Have been deployed around the world and back learning just about anything and everything I can. When I am not working I am learning survival skills and primitive living skills (kind of my hobby so to speak of) Everything from growing food and then saving those seeds to grow next year’s crops to tanning deer skins for making clothing I have a library in my house on everything from solar energy to self-sufficient living to medical and dental manuals, If you’re into the medical side I would highly recommend two books “Where there is no Doctor” and “where there is no Dentist” They are the perfect end of the world style books. When I am not at work or learning a new skill I am reloading ammo, storing bulk food for long term storage, perfecting my canning skills, stockpiling medical supplies and all around getting ready for anything that may happen. I am not saying by any means I am fully prepared for the end of the world but I am a lot more prepared than most.

Tandem25
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
To throw my hat in the ring so to speak lol
11 year Active Duty Navy vet, Weapons qualed on the M2 50 cal machine gun on down, CBR expert, Combat Life Saver qualed, I have been trained in everything from convoy tactics to detainee treatment. Spent a year in Baghdad half of that was imbedded in with Army, Have been deployed around the world and back learning just about anything and everything I can. When I am not working I am learning survival skills and primitive living skills (kind of my hobby so to speak of) Everything from growing food and then saving those seeds to grow next year’s crops to tanning deer skins for making clothing I have a library in my house on everything from solar energy to self-sufficient living to medical and dental manuals, If you’re into the medical side I would highly recommend two books “Where there is no Doctor” and “where there is no Dentist” They are the perfect end of the world style books. When I am not at work or learning a new skill I am reloading ammo, storing bulk food for long term storage, perfecting my canning skills, stockpiling medical supplies and all around getting ready for anything that may happen. I am not saying by any means I am fully prepared for the end of the world but I am a lot more prepared than most.

This brings up a good point. The ex military personnel should get together and rank them selves in the "new military" and decide on a commander. I think it would be a decision best left to trained individuals. Should the commander should still have to answer to a committee? Are we ying to re-establish civilization or form a military state or dictatorship?
Any ideas would be appreciated. Also, maybe someone could form a group to continue these discussions and this "rpg". It seems like it could be fun I just haven't had the time and probably won't.

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
My vote would be for a militia. I would also be inclined to want an elected governing body as opposed to a military state or dictatorship, something difficult to achieve at first when you consider that the majority of your immediate population would be clustered. Not in the sense of 'clusterfucked' but grouped based on a) familial bond and b) neighbours that banded together to escape their community. This may cause election processes difficult without actually campaigning. Would you elect some jackass you never heard of to make sure your 'world' runs smooth and you're needs are being met? I certainly wouldn't. Shit. That's actually a hard question to answer, man. Thanks for making me think.

Tandem25
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:16 AM
My vote would be for a militia. I would also be inclined to want an elected governing body as opposed to a military state or dictatorship, something difficult to achieve at first when you consider that the majority of your immediate population would be clustered. Not in the sense of 'clusterfucked' but grouped based on a) familial bond and b) neighbours that banded together to escape their community. This may cause election processes difficult without actually campaigning. Would you elect some jackass you never heard of to make sure your 'world' runs smooth and you're needs are being met? I certainly wouldn't. Shit. That's actually a hard question to answer, man. Thanks for making me think.

Right? It's a tough one that I've been thinking about for a little while.

yarri
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
I am a nurse with experience in dealing with a variety of things. up to and including wound care (extensive history in this) and orthopedic (busted bones) and what I have not had first hand experience in I understand and have skills in concepts such as childbirth and minor surgery. I can cook, very well, preserve food, I can sew, and spin most animal fibers into yarn and knit things you can actually wear. I can sew things to wear without a pattern (yeah SCA) I can shoot with either pistol or rifle and hit center mass 90% of the time.

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
An tir present.

nikvoodoo
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
thread has been closed per the request of the thread starter.