PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive English spin-off

HorrorHiro
May 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
There has been talk from a lot of people about doing something like spin-off series' of We're Alive. At the Q&A Kc confirmed that he would be doing "more of this". Would anyone else like to see how We're Alive would be if it was set in a different area? I personally would like to see how We're Alive would play out in England, more specifically the UK.

What spin-offs would you like to see done?

Tandem25
May 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
As far as locations go: Texas. Fo sho. The UK. How about an Island? The moon? It doesn't matter. I think if anything is done by this group is going to be good. Find more good actors like we have now and it'll be a home run.

The subject matter could be anything. I'd like to see a bit of government left in a bunker somewhere or some families grouped together. But all of that could easily be added into the current story.

Dameon1213
May 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
No spin off we have the original, I would like to see same series but another location, so say were alive in Michigan or Washington

Private Parts
May 17th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I would love this, I could even have a cameo! Only problem is kc would need to know the place otherwise we wouldnt get quite the same details. Maybe a chapter long sorta thing? Bunker wouldnt be a problem!

Osiris
May 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
As long as they hire british actors and NOT have more bad accents... it'll all be good. I'd personally like to see something from Alaska or Siberia... some place where the climate is more harsh and less... LA.

cupcakezombie
May 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Somewhere without the same access to guns would be interesting. That would really mix things up

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
As long as they hire british actors and NOT have more bad accents... it'll all be good. I'd personally like to see something from Alaska or Siberia... some place where the climate is more harsh and less... LA.

Ditto

Somewhere without the same access to guns would be interesting. That would really mix things up

Double Ditto

I'm really liking this idea. But again, these are all options for the current show given enough time to work the stuff in. What if Ft. Irwin is a bust and there is a big ass fueled up 727 available (yeah right) and they all flew to Alaska. Then they could run out of ammo and train grizzlies to attack the Z's.
Really though. That's what is great about this show and the situation the characters are put in. It could go anywhere.
And, good call on the real british actors there Satan. I don't know if I could handle a cast full of Pippins. I'd probably smash my phone into tiny little bits of plastic glass and circuitry.

Grognaurd
May 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
People in big cities really do not understand how big the country is. If we exclude the 55mph zombies there are lots and lots of places that are days upon days of walking to the nearest airport. The series has shown a near instantaneous infection. Unless there is also a latent version so a person can be transported by car or something before turning there are a lot of places that would have lots of time to prepare. Without wasting too much time, think of it as

Red Dawn meets We're Alive.

GodofInsanity
May 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I am down for an East Coast version, maybe one that includes the President and what goes on there as this goes down

clarkie
May 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
If Pippen's accent is anything to go by, a UK We're Alive wouldn't be good. If they did do one I'd prefer it to not be in London. Have it set up in Yorkshire as that's the only place worth visiting!

Private Parts
May 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
If Pippen's accent is anything to go by, a UK We're Alive wouldn't be good. If they did do one I'd prefer it to not be in London. Have it set up in Yorkshire as that's the only place worth visiting!

Yeah don't do it if that accent is in it! Unless the charecter gets a shovel to the face! As for tje yorksire thing I would have to aggree! I could. definately have a cameo! Lancasire sucks!

clarkie
May 22nd, 2011, 02:50 AM
As for tje yorksire thing I would have to aggree! I could. definately have a cameo!
Haha, that's what I was thinking!

Hellbringer
May 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I could imagine a series on the Isle of Man or at Gibraltar.

Heck, imagine a zombie apocalypse in somewhere mountainous and remote like at an Army outpost in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan. That's a part of the Hindu Kush mountains, an extension of the Himalayas. Think about all the chaos they would be going through just trying to keep sane there. Definitely no easy access to helicopters or planes, and roads for trucks are not for moving quickly from one place to another.

Solanine
May 25th, 2011, 06:39 AM
It would be great to have a proper British version, I mentioned to Kc about getting it on the BBC the other day and he seemed to like the idea. If We're alive was aired on BBC radio and the reception was good, who's to say that the bbc wouldn't commission a british based version from Kc. There would have to be an Irish guy though.

Private Parts
May 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
It would be great to have a proper British version, I mentioned to Kc about getting it on the BBC the other day and he seemed to like the idea. If We're alive was aired on BBC radio and the reception was good, who's to say that the bbc wouldn't commission a british based version from Kc. There would have to be an Irish guy though.

theres always an irish guy. And they seem to die in the funnyiest ways. Maybe a greg miller irish accent? Greg if your out there, you just got yourself another cameo!

Parts

Ryan
May 27th, 2011, 10:11 PM
As far as locations go: Texas. Fo sho. The UK. How about an Island?
The UK is an island(s).

riskbreaker23
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM
How about episodic in nature? For example, we can have a show that explores ALL of this simulataneously. Think of it like World War Z. Have a chapter on this family in the midwest trying to survive. Have a chapter on the US president figuring out what's going on. Have a chapter in the UK with their perspective. Jump back to cameo things where you can see events with the mallers that are only mentioned in We're Alive. The possibilities of an episodic spin off would be awesome. I think the biggest headache would be figuring out actors, since each chapter you'd need new actors. That would be difficult to maintain quality. As we can see in We're Alive, the main cast are so much better than the "guests". Moslty because the main cast now understands the show and have been doing this for a while.

Solanine
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Interesting, but 3x story = about three times the work. What could be cool is if the show was split into maybe three or four major story lines following different characters and set in a variety of places. So the Tower ark would be first then the britain arc. then the ark about a politician/ highly ranked military leader. This would prevent it from becoming to stale and create a fully fleshed out and explored universe. Although actually after we're alive is done it might be interesting to see modern myths take on something very different. A different genre, style of audio drama and different actors (whoever Shane Salk plays, the character will still be Angel to me).

Kc
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
I would love this, I could even have a cameo! Only problem is kc would need to know the place otherwise we wouldnt get quite the same details. Maybe a chapter long sorta thing? Bunker wouldnt be a problem!

Easy! I'd take trips as research! Paid to travel ;)

Solanine
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Well Kc if you ever feel that an audio drama set in the highlands of Scotland would be a good idea, just say and we can point you in the right direction.

MrScott101
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
I think it would very interesting to try out the amazon jungle, almost no guns but plenty of strange plants bugs and animals. Plus there are still tribes that have had no outside industrialized human contact. Imagine a group on the run in the jungle and stumbling into one of these tribes that has already experienced zombies and treat them the same. Yet they have to find a way to show that they are not the same in order to survive both.

ObamaCat
Jun 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Canada. Fighting zombies in the freezing cold. Keeping the maple syrup crop thriving while fighting off zombie polar bears.

Nah, but seriously forks.... I think a Canadian one would be cool. Having to fight off the cold, and potentially using the cold to kill zombies. Could be neat :p

shric debar
Jun 2nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
i would love an english spin off. just so llong a pippin isn't in it. his accent was so bad.

Solanine
Jun 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
@shric debra

i would love an english spin off. just so llong a pippin isn't in it. his accent was so bad.
Really? I didn't actually think it was that bad. Didn't annoy me as much as scratch.

shric debar
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
@shric debra

Really? I didn't actually think it was that bad. Didn't annoy me as much as scratch.

i liked scratch. i found pippins accent reminded me of an american i once knew who's idea of what an english accent was came from watching the chimney sweeps in mary poppins

Solanine
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
I like scratch as a character, but really, whats the need for the screaming? Like seriously, I wish Scratch was killed instead of latch.

Grognaurd
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
I like scratch as a character, but really, whats the need for the screaming?

It is a defensive shield. Scratch is a career criminal and that is a pretty much a male dominated proffesuion. Want to know what the "inner" Scratch sounds like? Go back to listen to the end of the communication between her and angel when she asks if they are still there? Can I send someone out?

Osiris
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Though.... the more I consider it, the idea of a zombie apocalypse a la Spaced would be awe-- oh wait... they already did Shaun of the Dead.

Solanine
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
It is a defensive shield. Scratch is a career criminal and that is a pretty much a male dominated proffesuion. Want to know what the "inner" Scratch sounds like? Go back to listen to the end of the communication between her and angel when she asks if they are still there? Can I send someone out?
I understand that but still, every time she appears I feel the need to rip my earbuds out of my ears.

mascaria
Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Canada. Fighting zombies in the freezing cold. Keeping the maple syrup crop thriving while fighting off zombie polar bears.

Nah, but seriously forks.... I think a Canadian one would be cool. Having to fight off the cold, and potentially using the cold to kill zombies. Could be neat :p

That means during the winter there'd be like 0 zombie action though, it'd get boring. :(

Magrat
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I've mentioned it somewhere else before, but having a UK We're alive would be awesome! Especially if you had people like Marshall Lancaster or Mark Sheppard in there, being crazy good! Plus if you drag in Cillian Murphy or Robert Carlyle you can have a nod to the 28 days franchise! Also, if there is a crazy irishman, James Nesbitt is your man!

beesting
Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
I feel like there have been a lot of zombie/outbreak stories set in the UK, though it is a cool option. I think anywhere that was more out in the country would be awesome. I love the idea of trying to homestead with zombies on the loose. Although, it probably wouldn't be nearly as exciting if it was somewhere like Kansas where you can stand on a bucket and see 50 miles away, but I feel like it would be a new angle. Though if they make it to Ft. Irwin then we'll have that there, only with more sand.

Private Parts
Jun 26th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I wish Scratch was killed instead of latch.

Ditto, i liked latch, but not scratch. i just realised latch opened the small safe in locked and loaded hence the name latch. oh my go0dl3 everyone probably had realised that. :(

Parts

Laura
Jun 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I love the idea of a UK version. An Irish guy would be awesome, too!

Magrat
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I love the idea of a UK version. An Irish guy would be awesome, too!

Nesbitt for the win!

Private Parts
Jun 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM
There are some rather remote perts of the uk too, which is I belive me and solainne coome in...

Solanine
Jun 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
You can't even spell my name right, Parts!

Nullifier
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Australia would be perfect, It could go like this, a 747 leaves L.A. during the initial Zombie outbreak, there's an infected passenger, who obviously infects everyone else, however post 9/11 with the new Cockpit Security doors, the flight crew are safe, unaware of the danger or the exact nature of the carnage taking place on the ground & in the Passenger section & without communications to the ground, the Crew have no choice but to push on to Sydney Australia.
The Aircraft lands, the crew bail out of the Cockpit windows, soon enough the Zombies escape into the Airport Terminal &..................... everybody dies, end of story.

Seriously if the Aus Gov didn't think the rest of the world would fall over laughing they'd ban Rocks

Doesn't matter where you set it, but doing it without access to some firearms is a bad idea, Fighting Zombies one needs Ranged Weapons, trust me, taking a Baseball Bat, Axe etc & bludgeoning someone is not a clean matter, think of the blood splatter there's enough blood in the human body to paint out a medium sized room, besides, you don't want the slightest chance of a bite or scratch from one of these frakkers infecting you.

CaseyJones
Sep 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM
@shric debra

Really? I didn't actually think it (Pippin's accent) was that bad. Didn't annoy me as much as scratch.

i liked scratch. i found pippins accent reminded me of an american i once knew who's idea of what an english accent was came from watching the chimney sweeps in mary poppins

Good God, I hope Americans don't think we all speak like that in the UK! Yep. Chimney sweeps. Got that one right on the nail! That accent was definite cringe material for any Brit.
But as for Scratch. OMG! Almost lost for words. (almost...!)
Can you picture going on a date with her?

"Sorry honey, they were out of popcorn, so I got you some nacho's instead."
"WHAT THE F*** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH NACHO'S YOU F****** A******! IF I WANTED NACHO'S I'D HAVE ASKED FOR THE BASTARDS! Now please be an angel and GO BACK AND GET ME MY GODDAM F****** POPCORN BEFORE I RIP OUT YOUR LIVER WITH A BOTTLE OPENER, AND MAKE YOU EAT IT!"

I hope she stays in the show for ever. She's comedy dynamite!

Daddy Doom Bar
Sep 17th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I live in North Cornwall, UK, so setting a spin off of the outbreak here would be great. It's remote enough to have a fair warning that something is coming, and without weapons, we'd have to prepare other ways. Most Zombie flicks/productions are set in a city, I'd like to see/hear some more rural tales of survival. Think you'd be able to have more of a character driven story than even We're Alive (even though that's great as it is!).

Solanine
Sep 17th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Good God, I hope Americans don't think we all speak like that in the UK! Yep. Chimney sweeps. Got that one right on the nail! That accent was definite cringe material for any Brit.
But as for Scratch. OMG! Almost lost for words. (almost...!)
Can you picture going on a date with her?

"Sorry honey, they were out of popcorn, so I got you some nacho's instead."
"WHAT THE F*** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH NACHO'S YOU F****** A******! IF I WANTED NACHO'S I'D HAVE ASKED FOR THE BASTARDS! Now please be an angel and GO BACK AND GET ME MY GODDAM F****** POPCORN BEFORE I RIP OUT YOUR LIVER WITH A BOTTLE OPENER, AND MAKE YOU EAT IT!"

I hope she stays in the show for ever. She's comedy dynamite!

Don't you find the stereotypical brit you get in so many american productions so amusing? Anyway, if we're alive was to go somewhere else, that would be cool. But I kind of want to see something else from Modern Myth Productions. The zombie genre is great because there is so many addicts, but to be taken seriously they could do with expanding into other areas. They have the fan base and talent to move onto a new Ip, once WA is finished. As I said earlier all they need is to air on a major radio network and the worlds their oyster. Also it would completely de-value Podcast Squared's review.

mem
Sep 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
uk version

"bloody hell there are dead blokes everywhere!"

CaseyJones
Sep 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
uk version

"bloody hell there are dead blokes everywhere!"

LMAO! Brilliant!

reaper239
Jan 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
i'd like to see something in the holler, like in tennessee or georgia. or texas, the greatest state in the union. wouldn't be much of a ZA in texas though, since like 90% of the population has at least one gun. survivalists would be fun. i'm still thinking the holler though. paddle faster, i hear banjo music.

Bray
Jan 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Haha an English version would be pretty cool, but I fear we wouldn't be cut out for it! The most dangerous weapon I can think of is my cricket bat...worked ok in shaun of the dead though...

HorrorHiro
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Haha an English version would be pretty cool, but I fear we wouldn't be cut out for it! The most dangerous weapon I can think of is my cricket bat...worked ok in shaun of the dead though...

I think it would be kind of like that series "Survivors" that was about an apocalyptic disaster in England, yeah the firearms were far and few between but that just added to the everything else the show had going for it.

reaper239
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM
i never got into that show. it just couldn't keep my interest.

Bray
Jan 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I think it would be kind of like that series "Survivors" that was about an apocalyptic disaster in England, yeah the firearms were far and few between but that just added to the everything else the show had going for it.

Yeah that was kinda like it...but there were no zombies :( also it did kinda suck....I guess us Brits just aren't interesting enough :P