PDA

View Full Version : Online outbreak undead campaign

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 09:03 AM
(NOTE READ BEFORE POSTING: I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS OU campaign and kinda cant even run it :/ i have to much stuff on my plate, extremly sorry ladies and gents....)
So i was wondering the other day, since outbreak undead is PERFECT for us who love RPG games and zombies, why not have an online game? now i'm NO expert at all on these games. but what i do know is that we need a gamemaster first. anybody interested in participating or being GM? (GM will have to be responsible to teach new players how to play, and must own a copy of the outbreak undead hand guide)
The program we shall use is iTabletop which is at This website (http://itabletop.com/)

This is a list of GMs and their respective campaigns.

Campaign 1: (work in progress)
GM 1: APPLICANTS FOR GM PLEASE PM ME. WE NEED ONE TO PLAY
Players: Creem_Filling, osiris, luna gaurdian, COsurvivor, Kn1ckerb0cker33, cupcakezombie

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I would love to play. I don't own the game so I couldn't be gamemaster (but oh how I want the game). I love doing rp forums and stuff and I feel like this could funtion like one.

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Thats great creem so your definitly in? i think i may make a limit too the amount of people Per campaign at about 6 or so.

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I'm definately in.

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Fantastic XD you shall be in the first campaign.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
zm... Z....

Luna Guardian
May 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'd love to play if someone can agree to GM

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Who was the person on WND that said they played? Obviously they have some experience in being gm.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So what's the plan? How are we going about this game? Shit, I can't find my bag o' dice. Looks like an excuse to trip on down to the hobby shop and re-supply.

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
So what's the plan? How are we going about this game? Shit, I can't find my bag o' dice. Looks like an excuse to trip on down to the hobby shop and re-supply.
well first we need a GM we shall figure the rest out then.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I see.

Hydra_Lord
May 15th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys!

I decided to sign up for the We're Alive forums, and maybe help point you guys to some places you can play games.

1. Our forum members host games pretty often, you can find them on the Outbreak: Undead website. They are masters and would probably love to have you play in their games.

2. The game is available as a PDF, but the Quick Start Guide is free and that really helps get you started before you jump right in as a player.

3. There are lots of different "Virtual Table-Top" websites that host Outbreak: Undead games, they require a membership, but they provide a lot of features and fun easy to use tools to get started. The site we (the developers) host games on from time to time is called itabletop.com and we highly recommend it.

Hope that helps! If you guys have any questions or just want to know more about the game then feel free to post them or just message me. :)

COsurvivor
May 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Who was the person on WND that said they played? Obviously they have some experience in being gm.

The Host and Hostess, umm no not a twinkie (well maybe)... They had a guest who lived in San Diego and they played this... They talked about the RPG a bit and that got me interested in it again.

Any room left?

There is a 40 Q&A section on the Outbreak: Undead website to help with creating your character...

Kn1ckerb0cker33
May 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'd be up for it. :D

Mikeyd2tall
May 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM
The Host and Hostess, umm no not a twinkie (well maybe)... They had a guest who lived in San Diego and they played this... They talked about the RPG a bit and that got me interested in it again.

Any room left?

There is a 40 Q&A section on the Outbreak: Undead website to help with creating your character...
theres plenty of room left!

Dameon1213
May 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
im in

COsurvivor
May 15th, 2011, 08:56 PM
what do you need from me and what do i need from you to get this party started?

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM
what do you need from me and what do i need from you to get this party started?

We need a gamemaster.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM
We need a gamemaster.

Zombie Master.

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Zombie Master.

Touche. I like your spunk. You one up me in a way that I feel no need to try to retaliate. Which rarely happens. I salute you sir!

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Touche. I like your spunk. You one up me in a way that I feel no need to try to retaliate. Which rarely happens. I salute you sir!

I stand saluted. Intention was not to one up though.

COsurvivor
May 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I hope the game does not start with a menu from the Donner's Diner!

I cannot be GM or Zm as I am rusty as a 1912 Model-T

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I hope the game does not start with a menu from the Donner's Diner!

I cannot be GM or Zm as I am rusty as a 1912 Model-T

I'd hope the campaign begins near an airport or at a movie theatre.

Mikeyd2tall
May 16th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I'd hope the campaign begins near an airport or at a movie theatre.
well we need a realistic reason to be together. maybe a We're alive con? XD

COsurvivor
May 16th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Places for strangers to meet...

CON, Movie Theater, Mall, Airport... Why not ppl arrive in stages live in WA?

Maybe we can start with a vote on that?

Eitri
May 16th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Shit, Dont start it yet, i still gotta download/ purchace/ aquire it.

Mikeyd2tall
May 16th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Shit, Dont start it yet, i still gotta download/ purchace/ aquire it.
dont worry we arent even close -.-

Ra1th
May 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM
wait so to play this game does everyone have to buy a copy of the book? or just the one who's game master?

Luna Guardian
May 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Just the GM. I think the rest can make do with the quick start guides and whatnot

Creem_Filling
May 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I don't have it. Nor can I afford it. If this is a problem tell me, because I'm sure I can work out a way to get it.

cupcakezombie
May 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Awww man, Mikey. I was there when you made the idea but wasn't on yesterday. Have to wait for the second campaign, can you put my name down for the second campaign already please. Thanks, and good luck with the zombie horde everyone

Th3_T3ch
May 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I bought the book, but I am unexperienced in the realm of GM/ZMing. The book is extremely detailed, as in 452 pages worth. GM MUST have.

COsurvivor
May 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM
OK, after some research I found the OU: Quickstart PDF FOR FREE

http://outbreakundead.com/OU_QuickstartGuide.pdf

I found a PDF of the Zombie Survival Guide book, it is HUGE, it may me a nice book to grab ideas from...

http://www.radoslavdimov.com/files/the-zombie-survival-guide-complete-protection-from-the-living-dead.pdf

Mikeyd2tall
May 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
@Ra1th luna is correct. only the GM NEEDS it. the rest will learn while they play or with the quick start guide.
@creem....what i said just there ^

Waldo Butters
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'd be willing to hop in. I've played a whole 1 rpg ever (and that was Call of Cthulu, not necessarily role playing as much as a long string of canabalism jokes...) but if I get my hands on a book I could probably work out how to ZM it.

Mikeyd2tall
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'd be willing to hop in. I've played a whole 1 rpg ever (and that was Call of Cthulu, not necessarily role playing as much as a long string of canabalism jokes...) but if I get my hands on a book I could probably work out how to ZM it.
thats amazing! private message me your email and ill get you the PDF ASAP

Hydra_Lord
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM

After looking at this thread again. To help Mr. Mikeyd2tall and others out a bit, if you want Waldo, i'll happily run a game for the "We're Alive" forums. It appears you guys are planning on running this on iTabletop yes?

I already have an account there, and already have *most* of the assets for the "Escape from the Tri-County Precinct" campaign in place. I've been meaning to test the system out more since we have a partnership with them anyway, and this is the perfect reason to do so.

However, Waldo if you still want to GM, by all means let me know and i'll happily help in whatever way I can to get you started :)

If not, I can assume everyone who confirmed is still in? How does next Tuesday (June 28th) Sound? Say 5 pm PST?

Hydra_Lord
Jun 28th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Just to confirm, I will be on itabletop ready to host eight players (first come first serve) at 5 PM PST. Hope to see you there!

Kevin Ryman
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone! I, too, am interested in Outbreak: Undead. If you're planning to run a game, let me know, I'd love to join.

Cheers,

Drew

Copper
Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Is this game still going ahead?

I would be up for acting in the role of ZombieMaster, if one is still needed; I do not, however, currently have access to the rulebook.

usmcludwig
Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
So I was interested when I heard the advertisement and I am a zombie genre master- this game pretty cool?

I am way down if it is.

COsurvivor
Sep 1st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Do we even have a site set up for all to play on? If so what group?

ebeam
Sep 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure about the how it works but I would love to play.

Kevin Ryman
Sep 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hey guys,

I play this game as well, and I have a fair amount of experience with it. Hit me up if you want a player or ZM, even!

Drew

belial
Oct 18th, 2015, 07:08 PM
did this happen, and is this thread still live? if so I would love to join

vytieubao
Nov 2nd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Hit me up if you want a player or ZM

KPCoyote
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:55 PM
So, is there anyone with this game that would be willing to run a We're Alive Outbreak Undead at the next, (hoping), live event?

renuraj
Mar 2nd, 2019, 03:22 AM
Thanks for your great post! I finished the Social Media Training in Chennai (https://www.fita.in/social-media-marketing-courses-in-chennai/), which very helps to my business-oriented, so I suggest to u.