PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sector - May have zombies but...

Hellbringer
May 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, so after beating the dead horse that is Mass Effect, I decided to jump onto a regular shooter in order to clear out my library of "disposable" games. Thus my choosing of Dark Sector.

While I'm only half way through and I seem to be fighting zombie-like creatures, I don't recommend this game to many people. The controls don't feel right, hitting the enemy with either melee attacks or weapons seems off, and the camera looks a little funny. In fact, I'm only drudging through this game now because I bought it at Hollywood Video when they were going out of business and I finally decided to give the game a chance.

While the game got decent reviews three years ago, it doesn't bode well when compared, whether incidentally or not, to the newer crop of third person zombie/infection shooters.

I am going to finish this game because I don't like leaving games undone after I start.shovel:)

BoomerXL
May 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Like you I gave Dark Sector a shot but I never got around to beating it before getting bored of it

StepLaugh
May 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I enjoyed the game, liked it alot, different from a few others, like it so much started on hardcore mode, which is easy if you corner shoot.

BoomerXL
May 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah the whole glaive thing was pretty cool, it was fun cutting enemies off at the knee...just got distracted by other games I guess

Hellbringer
May 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Finished Dark Sector the other night. I can see where the story was trying to go, but the camera was pissing me off too much. The next to last boss took forever to beat because of two things: the...

Craneses
May 31st, 2011, 04:01 AM
The ending was so short, needed more to it.