PDA

View Full Version : Brains!!!!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Hey!

Whatever happened to the brain eating versions?? Why don't they get any love?

While I'm on the subject, which incarnation of Zombies do you prefer and why?

Classic Romero (true undead)?

New Romero?

Resident Evil?

We're Alive?

28 Days?

Brain Eaters?

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'll go on record as saying I prefer the slow undead Romero originals..

I forgot to add the "Walking Dead" version of Zombies in the original post.

Ra1th
May 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I like fast ones that are more infected than undead. They add to the tension. Slow ones just make it too easy, where's the fear in that? you can just go for a jog and out run 'em, well as long as they don't box you in, but that would require intelligence. Add that to the things I like. I like the idea of a few of them being aware, and smart, oh and tank zombies and special ones are cool too. Basically, I like left 4 dead style zombies, that's intense

Eitri
May 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM
All we want to do is eat your brains, we're not unreasonable i mean no ones gonna eat your eyes. All we want to do is eat your brains we're at an impass here meybe we can compromise, if you open up the door, then we'll all come inside and eat your brains!
Jonathan Coulton
Re: Your brains
(its a lyric from a song)

Chogidog
May 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
All we want to do is eat your brains, we're not unreasonable i mean no ones gonna eat your eyes. All we want to do is eat your brains we're at an impass here meybe we can compromise, if you open up the door, then we'll all come inside and eat your brains!
Jonathan Coulton

Love that song. He did it in French too

Creem_Filling
May 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Zombies learned that biting through the human skull too strenuous a task. The skull protects the brain well. The arm or the face is much easier to get at.

Rock Daddy
May 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I like the Dawn of the Dead remake zombies. Or the 28 Days later ones. Fast, and infected. Although I DO love the Resident Evil series zombies, being able to mutate into weird shit. But W/A has integrated my 2 favs! And I like that it only affects humans. I'm not a big animal zombie fan. But definitely runners for me. Being chased down by something fast and deadly, that wants to eat you, is one of man's most primitive fears since the first ape climbed down a tree and got mauled by a jaguar. LOL

Leedo2502
May 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Jonathan Coulton

I hear this song in my head every time Not Paul shows up

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7q3qy_big-bad-voodoo-daddy-mr-pinstripe-s_music

mascaria
May 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
which incarnation of Zombies do you prefer and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzhaQuXmbU

I like fast ones that are more infected than undead. They add to the tension. Slow ones just make it too easy, where's the fear in that?

Slow zombies are far far scarier than fast zombies. Fast zombies are thrilling, not terrifying. Terror requires time, time that only the slow zombies can take. Knowing that everyone will get caught, knowing that everyone will turn, knowing that people that you know and love are following you now... They're all out there and they're coming for you and they don't get tired and they don't stop and if you stop, if you ever stop they'll be there, shambling and moaning. In our SHOCK moment driven media and "horror" movies though no one really appreciates the actual building of terror anymore. :\

BoomerXL
May 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have to agree with mascaria, the slower zombies are scarier to me...though not necessarily the Romero style ones, I prefer the zombies from the Walking Dead. They'll shamble along if no one is around but as soon as they smell or hear something they begin to move a bit quicker. Also the WD zombies move in what the comics described as "herds" that can get as big as a few hundred zombies at least!

mem
May 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I like them all but the ones that really freaked me out the first time was the ones in Automoton Transfusion.

http://youtu.be/sk6N69lXWBs

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 14th, 2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzhaQuXmbU

Slow zombies are far far scarier than fast zombies. Fast zombies are thrilling, not terrifying. Terror requires time, time that only the slow zombies can take. Knowing that everyone will get caught, knowing that everyone will turn, knowing that people that you know and love are following you now... They're all out there and they're coming for you and they don't get tired and they don't stop and if you stop, if you ever stop they'll be there, shambling and moaning. In our SHOCK moment driven media and "horror" movies though no one really appreciates the actual building of terror anymore. :\

Glad you're with me on this one. I'm an UNDEAD kinda guy. The thought of the dead walking and the only way to stop them is a head shot is scary. Add to the fact that a ton of people will see loved ones shuffling around is enough to really shake you to the core. Just think about seeing a dead relative looking at you through the peephole..... could you shoot??
In the other forms of infected, they go down from simple mass trauma like regular people do. The undead don't stop unless it's a head shot.
The numbers are what get you because they're everywhere.

COsurvivor
May 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hey!

Whatever happened to the brain eating versions?? Why don't they get any love?

While I'm on the subject, which incarnation of Zombies do you prefer and why?

Classic Romero (true undead)?

New Romero?

Resident Evil?

We're Alive?

28 Days?

Brain Eaters?

I love the Original Zs, but I can say I fell in love with The Walking Dead version... Not only do they walk slow and "recall" certain things they, crawl, are silent and damn deadly!!!

I admit the 28 Days version made me regular for a week after watching that flick... I still slow and steady is worse than a massive flood rushing towards you.

Lieoften
May 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
28 days later zombies are my fave

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
SO, but what happened to the Brain eating sub genre??

Tandem25
May 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
The brain eating versions are the best. I like it when they have a specific goal not just to bite and kill you.
It's good to see the mix of speed and itelligence in WA and in The walking Dead.
Also, it's awesome when a Zed has a hint of a memory like returning to a house that it lived in or a business that it worked at.
As far as the brains issue goes, I want to be chased for my brain not just my body. hehe

Don Man
May 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM
fast zombies for the win :)