PDA

View Full Version : No ads podcast

Makson
May 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Here is a suggestion that i've heard from another podcast. Maybe you could sell the podcasts that doesnt contain any ads in them?

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Here is a suggestion that i've heard from another podcast. Maybe you could sell the podcasts that doesnt contain any ads in them?

Are you saying release the podcast without ads? Or are you saying you'd want to buy a cd set that is ad free? (http://shop.zombiepodcast.com/CD-Media_c2.htm)

Luna Guardian
May 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM
To be honest Nik, those aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of people (me included) love the feeling of the hard copy in our hands. However, there are those who want the instant gratification of the digital download as opposed to having to wait 'till the season is done for the CD set. It shouldn't be that hard to set up and I can't imagine the expenses would be outrageous either.

Makson
May 10th, 2011, 11:03 AM
To be honest Nik, those aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of people (me included) love the feeling of the hard copy in our hands. However, there are those who want the instant gratification of the digital download as opposed to having to wait 'till the season is done for the CD set. It shouldn't be that hard to set up and I can't imagine the expenses would be outrageous either.

Basically thats what a meant really :D, never noticed noticed they already done that. What I was thinking they could of done it for itunes.

j0be
May 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
That is in the works, (or so I've heard). Basically the problem is something to do with distribution rights (or something like that). iTunes doesn't just let anyone charge for their episodes.

Luna Guardian
May 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
One does not simply walk into Mordor?

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM

Oh I know they aren't the same thing. Don't get me wrong. I just wasn't clear if he was asking for a download (like he was asking for and j0be answered), or the cd set which is already in existence.

Creem_Filling
May 10th, 2011, 02:20 PM
One does not simply walk into Mordor?

I love LOTR!

And I actually kind of enjoy the ads. There's the easter eggs one and and it turned me on to Outbreak Undead. Plus, they're easy to get past, just hold the fast foward button a couple seconds.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I love LOTR!

And I actually kind of enjoy the ads. There's the easter eggs one and and it turned me on to Outbreak Undead. Plus, they're easy to get past, just hold the fast foward button a couple seconds.

But if you fast forward, you miss all the Reef Systems inc, and Forum advertisement awesomeness

Mikeyd2tall
May 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
the ads are necessary to keep the show alive! it would be called we're dead if it didn't have ads! lol terrible joke

Creem_Filling
But if you fast forward, you miss all the Reef Systems inc, and Forum advertisement awesomeness

Yes, but he doesn't want to listen to them. Like I said, I enjoyed them. I'm just saying it would be a lot cheaper to press the button that hand out the money so you don't have to.

Traverser
Yeah, if it were not for these ads I wouldn't have the dream I now carry with me every day! To have a great aquarium system that rivals those of Quicksliver!

cycogod
May 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
no ads- there like 30 seconds long.fast forward but really no ads?

WestonWisdom
May 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Is this not a moot point with the impending distribution?

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Ads pay the bills I would imagine, no other reason for them. I would be inclined to believe they are necessary to the survival of the show to an extent.

cycogod
May 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
i miss the fish tank ads

MrScott101
May 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Agreed, I miss the fish tank ads as well!

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Is this not a moot point with the impending distribution?

Resting on one's laurels when trying to distribute an artistic project results in a dead on arrival artistic project. At least in the theater it does. Gotta keep pressing. I've been perfectly happy to listen to the ads especially when they are Easter Eggs.

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Resting on one's laurels when trying to distribute an artistic project results in a dead on arrival artistic project. At least in the theater it does. Gotta keep pressing. I've been perfectly happy to listen to the ads especially when they are Easter Eggs.

WHOA.... just hang on... WHAT?!

MrScott101
May 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
WHOA.... just hang on... WHAT?!

in a more recent case the ad was actually an egg not a real ad. Listen to the WND and scour the board there is mention of it somewhere. has to do with flowers

COsurvivor
May 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I understand that ADs are a pain, just like on TV and anywhere we are forced to see or listen to them... Including when we go to the movies now...

BUT, we need to look at the reality of things... This production needs this little influx of cash to keep it going. Good Will is all and dandy for those who are high and mighty, but these people need to live...

What is the harm of listening to ads here? I would ask if the ads could be struck from the CD sets though...

Makson
May 11th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I think people have misunderstood what I meant. I dont mean get rid of all the ad's. I meant release a sperate podcast of we're alive digitaly ad free but which users would have to pay for. It wouldnt cost much plus it should help get some revenue in.

Its may not be really useful right now since the ads are only 30+ seconds long but maybe in the future when they get more ad sponsors.

j0be
May 11th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I think people have misunderstood what I meant. I dont mean get rid of all the ad's. I meant release a sperate podcast of we're alive digitaly ad free but which users would have to pay for. It wouldnt cost much plus it should help get some revenue in.

Its may not be really useful right now since the ads are only 30+ seconds long but maybe in the future when they get more ad sponsors.

I understood you perfectly, but I think the conversation evolved beyond your initial question.

Kc
May 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I understand that ADs are a pain, just like on TV and anywhere we are forced to see or listen to them... Including when we go to the movies now...

BUT, we need to look at the reality of things... This production needs this little influx of cash to keep it going. Good Will is all and dandy for those who are high and mighty, but these people need to live...

What is the harm of listening to ads here? I would ask if the ads could be struck from the CD sets though...

As of right now, the only versions that will be ad-free will be the CD sets, and the Digital Downloads of the Seasons. That's just what we have to do to keep going.

A Paid-for version that's ad free would marginalize sales of the seasons. More bang for your buck if you're paying for episodes that are complete as Chapters and not as episodes too.

COsurvivor
May 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I understand completely...

werewolf
Aug 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
i don't mind the ads, in the pod cast myself. I know that donations and ads are necessary to keep this going. I even bought the season 1 at Barnes and Noble in the audiobook section. I am hoping and waiting for season 2 to come out. love the series

thatrichterkid
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Personally, I find it frustrating that each time I got to listen to a chapter I have an ad interrupt the middle of it.
Is it possible to release "Chapters" as opposed to parts.. I enjoy the parts just as much. But maybe create an entirely section for whole chapters and do triple the ads?
Just a thought..
(and yes, i know i can alternatively go buy the season cds)

nikvoodoo
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly: You're asking for a release of full length chapters instead of the chapter parts? Or are you asking for a complete chapter to be released after the parts have already been released?

Either way, I believe this conversation may have been covered by this thread here. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1565-No-ads-podcast)

And this is Kc's Answer (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1565-No-ads-podcast&p=14467&viewfull=1#post14467)

thatrichterkid
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm asking for full length chapters released after the parts, and I didn't realize it was already a question, sorry for a duplicate

nikvoodoo
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I'm asking for full length chapters released after the parts, and I didn't realize it was already a question, sorry for a duplicate

Happens all the time. I just wasn't sure if the exact question you asked was asked already or not. So before I just locked it up and merged it into the other thread, I wanted to make sure.

I am going to merge this into the other thread though since it is basically the same question.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I have them all saved on my PC and just click the navigation bar to a point passed the ads. But I only do this for episodes I've already heard before. Sometimes you get an add that is actually an Easter Egg.

AdrianHD
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:33 PM
I like the ads actually. It gives it more of a radio-authentic view.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
I like the ads actually. It gives it more of a radio-authentic view.

I like them if they are someone relevant to the story. That one about the Frank and ... show, it kind of ruined the mood when I first heard the episode. I was hoping that some where in between that ad a zombie would attack and scare the shit out of everyone that was laughing and having a gay old time.

zombie19
May 2nd, 2012, 08:04 AM
I love LOTR!

Same here with the Outbreak Undead.