PDA

View Full Version : Official We're Alive Facebook Day!!

TCM Revolver
May 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Want to support WA but find yourself short on cash?? On Friday, May 13th, show some love for We're Alive by changing your Facebook Status to direct people to WA.
Our own Nikvoodoo is putting together a couple awesome statuses you can use, or just make up your own. We will post those statuses here and email them to the entire forum. If you have any suggestions for statuses, feel free to post them here.

This is the only way to keep "The one with the markings" at bay.

Always Aim For The Head
--Revolver

TCM Revolver
May 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Alright ladies and gents. Here are a couple suggestions for facebook statuses...

Have you ever feared death, and what may be on the other side? Would you fear walking through a deserted urban jungle, wondering what might be waiting for you in the next ally? Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Los Angeles succumbed to a zombie apocalypse? Well, I know the answer to these questions. Soon you can too. @We're Alive www.zombiepodcast.com

"On the side of the building, written in black spray paint. There was only one word "Rescue"" - @We're Alive, A story of survival. www.zombiepodcast.com

Have you ever considered teaming up with some zombies to take out a bunch of marauding convicts? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. @We're Alive is a story of survival in a zombie apocalypse set in L.A. check it out at www.zombiepodcast.com

“You’re only as safe as the guy beside you, unless he’s a better shot… then you just might be a little safer.” @We're Alive www.zombiepodcast.com

"'3rd floor window!' She screamed, as we all raised our rifles and fired at the Tower. @We're Alive, A Story of Survival. www.zombiepodcast.com"

"we stood there nervously and i started to think i might have overshot it this time, when suddenly i heard a roar that shook all of L.A.....and i knew, we weren't the only ones left. we were the unlucky ones, @We're alive. www.zombiepodcast.com"

Prison, Mall or Apartment Building. Where would you go to be safe? @We're Alive, www.zombiepodcast.com

The city has gone crazy and nowhere is safe, then out of the darkness you see a building with a sign on the side saying @We're Alive, www.zombiepodcast.com

Like I said, feel free to write your own. Any help getting fans to WA is appreciated.

--Revolver

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not waiting until Friday. Considering this is zombie awareness month... I'll rock ""On the side of the building, written in black spray paint. There was only one word "Rescue"" - We're Alive, A story of survival. www.zombiepodcast.com" it until June.

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
And since we are targeting this to be done on Friday, all you twitterers abuse the Follow Friday Tag (#FF) tag to get your followers and the entire twitter-verse to follow @werealive

mascaria
May 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I'm not waiting until Friday. Considering this is zombie awareness month... I'll rock ""On the side of the building, written in black spray paint. There was only one word "Rescue"" - We're Alive, A story of survival. www.zombiepodcast.com" it until June.

It actually is zombie awareness month.
http://www.zombieresearch.org/zombieawarenessmonth.html

Mikeyd2tall
May 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
how bout this status.

"we stood there nervously and i started to think i might have overshot it this time, when suddenly i heard a roar that shook all of L.A.....and i knew, we weren't the only ones left. we were the unlucky ones, we're alive. www.zombiepodcast.com"

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
“You’re only as safe as the guy beside you, unless he’s a better shot… then you just might be a little safer.”

TCM Revolver
May 10th, 2011, 02:56 PM
how bout this status.

"we stood there nervously and i started to think i might have overshot it this time, when suddenly i heard a roar that shook all of L.A.....and i knew, we weren't the only ones left. we were the unlucky ones, we're alive."

Very awesome!! just make sure to put the website link in there, or link it to iTunes. +1

Kc
May 10th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I would recommend tagging the We're Alive facebook page when posting the statuses. That way we know who did it by going to the facebook fan page.
If you don't know how to do it, it's with the @ sign and start typing "We're" and it'll come up.

Eitri
May 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Im Game Lets Rock Inform The World!

TCM Revolver
May 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I would recommend tagging the We're Alive facebook page when posting the statuses. That way we know who did it by going to the facebook fan page.
If you don't know how to do it, it's with the @ sign and start typing "We're" and it'll come up.

Awesome!! Edited the statuses to reflect that.

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Strange... it doesn't want to come up for me.

TCM Revolver
May 10th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Strange... it doesn't want to come up for me.

make sure it's a capital W
@We're Alive
I had the same problem :)

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
This is driving me nuts. For some ungodly reason it simply does NOT want to work for me.

Creem_Filling
May 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
It's not going to be the first time I've posted this, but I'll do it again! I'm slowly getting my friends to listen.

MrScott101
May 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'll sport a daily dose of promotion!

Wicked Sid
May 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
"'3rd floor window!' She screamed, as we all raised our rifles and fired at the Tower. @We're Alive, A Story of Survival. zombiepodcast.com (http://zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/Main.html)"

Hmm, just seeing if we can get a Mallers' tie-in. Feedback? Maybe I can come up with something better.

Mikeyd2tall
May 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
"'3rd floor window!' She screamed, as we all raised our rifles and fired at the Tower. @We're Alive, A Story of Survival. zombiepodcast.com (http://zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/Main.html)"

Hmm, just seeing if we can get a Mallers' tie-in. Feedback? Maybe I can come up with something better.

not bad but it doesnt pull people in much does it? i had my friend read it and all he did was ask questions. good tho!

Wicked Sid
May 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
not bad but it doesnt pull people in much does it? i had my friend read it and all he did was ask questions. good tho!

Makes them think, see promotion = interesting.

Mikeyd2tall
May 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Makes them think, see promotion = interesting.

holy crap your right lol. sorry! XD

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM

I actually really, REALLY like this one. But hey... I'm all about Scratch so I'm a little biased.

rottenash
May 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I will definately represent on twiter!!

COsurvivor
May 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
i like this, count me in!

nikvoodoo
May 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I might be that annoying person on Friday who changes their status like....every hour. These are some kick ass ideas y'all! Keep 'em coming! If this goes well, maybe we should organize one of these each month to rally the troupes. Or maybe we should just count on doing this as an organized thing each month anyway.

StepLaugh
May 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Great idea guys. This is why we are the coolest community out there!

itsallgoodie
May 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
the goodie, he is in. This will happen.

StepLaugh
May 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Are we making his happen on every friday the 13th?

AdrianHD
May 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Promoting We're Alive on every Friday the 13th actually has a sound ring to it. I like it.

Osiris
May 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM
First Monday of every month and second Friday of every month?

kafu288
May 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
So for some reason the tagging didn't work but this is the one that I just posted on my Facebook:

"Did you know? This is zombie awareness month. Be aware and listen to we're alive - a story of survival. www.zombiepodcast.com"

bequita
May 10th, 2011, 11:44 PM
love it. love it. love it.

cupcakezombie
May 11th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Two that I thought of:
Prison, Mall or Apartment Building. Where would you go to be safe? @We're Alive, A story of survival. www.zombiepodcast.com
or
The city has gone crazy and nowhere is safe, then out of the darkness you see a building with a sign on the side saying '@We're Alive'.

TCM Revolver
May 11th, 2011, 05:21 AM

I'd love to, but there is only one Friday the 13th the entire 2011. So we'll have to find another significant date. We've already missed May 8th

kafu288
May 11th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I don't know about you guys but I tend to have a status about the show everytime a new episode comes out and a couple of my friends have checked it out because they see me getting excited about it.

Osiris
May 11th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I've had the same issue.

cupcakezombie
May 11th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Another thing we could do is change profile pictures to chapter art, or other promo pics for the day.

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'd love to, but there is only one Friday the 13th the entire 2011. So we'll have to find another significant date. We've already missed May 8th

Do we really need a special occasion? Why don't we just pick a Friday every month and flood the social media networks with We're Alive links.

MrScott101
May 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
The Second Friday of every month, kinda represents the 2nd coming of the Zombie.... oh wait that's supposed to be something else!

Along the lines of Zombie Awarness month:

It is your duty as part of Zombie Awarness Month to be aware of survial skills and in order to do so you need to listen to @We're Alive or visit www.zombiepodcast.com to make sure you're stocked and ready!

mem
May 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM
a facebook friend sent me a link to a zombie apocalypse site that had audio on it as well. i replied back to him and asked if he had listened to We're alive. 2 days later he posts back to me. "I am caught up. The waiting is killing me !!!!!"

i like and/or comment most things related to We're Alive on facebook to help get the word out.

cupcakezombie
May 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah, 1 person has already said they would check out the podcast after seeing my status. :)

Osiris
May 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, 1 person has already said they would check out the podcast after seeing my status. :)

*Like*

TCM Revolver
May 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
The Second Friday of every month, kinda represents the 2nd coming of the Zombie.... oh wait that's supposed to be something else!

Along the lines of Zombie Awarness month:

It is your duty as part of Zombie Awarness Month to be aware of survial skills and in order to do so you need to listen to @We're Alive or visit www.zombiepodcast.com to make sure you're stocked and ready!

I saw you were excited to get started! :) that's awesome!!

Chogidog
May 13th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Is there a character limit?
I trimmed down the scene where Michael first sees them on the highway. It's always been a favorite of mine.

The first time I saw them, I froze. A group of them moved past my car to a man honking behind me. Their bodies were littered with scars and bruises and their eyes were glazed over. The way they moved with expressionless faces made me think that these may not be people at all. It seemed almost in slow motion the way they piled onto the honker’s car. They shattered the glass and pulled him through the windshield. Like a pack of wild dogs they tore him apart. The escaping look of mortality on the man’s face still haunts me today. @We're Alive - The Zombie Story of Survival www.zombiepodcast.com

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 13th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Here's mine!

No one knew how it started. I didn't frigg'n care. I just want it to end. Too many people were dying and I wasn't about to join them. I have my crowbar, .45 and a safe place to hide. I'm just glad "We're Alive"

TCM Revolver
May 13th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Is there a character limit?
I trimmed down the scene where Michael first sees them on the highway. It's always been a favorite of mine.

The first time I saw them, I froze. A group of them moved past my car to a man honking behind me. Their bodies were littered with scars and bruises and their eyes were glazed over. The way they moved with expressionless faces made me think that these may not be people at all. It seemed almost in slow motion the way they piled onto the honker’s car. They shattered the glass and pulled him through the windshield. Like a pack of wild dogs they tore him apart. The escaping look of mortality on the man’s face still haunts me today. @We're Alive - The Zombie Story of Survival www.zombiepodcast.com

You can post any thing you want. All we as is that you use the @We're alive tag and refer to the website.

Here's mine!

No one knew how it started. I didn't frigg'n care. I just want it to end. Too many people were dying and I wasn't about to join them. I have my crowbar, .45 and a safe place to hide. I'm just glad "We're Alive"

That's awesome!!!

Chogidog
May 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I meant does FB have a character limit, like twitter

TCM Revolver
May 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I meant does FB have a character limit, like twitter

They do, but it's a hell of alot more than 140 ct.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM

crap! I just added the URL for the podcast.

Meeks
May 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM
WA officially has my facebook status for the day.

Chogidog
May 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Turns out it's 420ct.
So, with my apologies to KC, I had to pare it down even more to:

The first time I saw them, I froze. Moving past my car to a man honking behind me. Moving w/expressionless faces and covered with scars and bruises that made me think these may not be people at all. They tore him apart. The escaping look of mortality on the man’s face still haunts me today. We're Alive - The Zombie Story of Survival www.zombiepodcast.com

Hellbringer
May 13th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Well, posted a status on my facebook page and got one "like" so far. Of course, my wife didn't "like it", but she listens to it anyways, so she wouldn't count. I'll leave it up on my page for a few more days and see if more interest drums up.

MrScott101
May 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I personally want to thank everyone for the FACEBOMBING today, or least that is what I'm calling. It was truly awesome to see so many of you post this to your status update and I have been trying to click the like on everyone's that I come across, Again Thanks! this will hopefully bring new listening to a truly entertaining Audio Drama!

COsurvivor
May 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Admittedly, I added my Wa status a bit late today... I did post it up thou... I hope our little informal advertising does some good here...

NoReality95
May 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
- 100 sheets, 200 pages, one epic story. @We're Alive, www.zombiepodcast.com

- Why do we fight, work, sweat, and bleed for this? Because We're Alive. @We're Alive, www.zombiepodcast.com

- How do you kill that which is dead? Headshot. @We're Alive, www.zombiepodcast.com

TCM Revolver
May 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thank you to every one that participated. We'll have to get another one arranged here in the near future.

rottenash
May 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I tweeted and FBombed.. hope it helped :)

Osiris
Jun 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Random pimping of the show should begin soon... perhaps generate a few new listeners before the streaming finale?

Magrat
Jun 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM
"As I stared into his one glassy eye, I realized only one of us was getting out of here alive."

gah. bad pun. :P

TCM Revolver
Jun 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Random pimping of the show should begin soon... perhaps generate a few new listeners before the streaming finale?

It's on my radar. Waiting to hear what goes down with the season finale

shric debar
Jun 27th, 2011, 07:22 AM
if the finale does go out live and i'm at work at the time i plan on making everyone listen to it with me cause i ain't missing it. it will be played on the shop floor where i work reguardless of whether or not i'm allowed to. or i'll just take the day off

Osiris
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I'll be calling in drunk for it.

HardKor
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
With Monday being the last new episode before the finale I think it might be a good time to do this again.

"Why is everyone such an aggressive A-hole? Because the passive ones are dead. @We're Alive www.zombiepodcast.com."

nikvoodoo
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
With Monday being the last new episode before the finale I think it might be a good time to do this again.

"Why is everyone such an aggressive A-hole? Because the passive ones are dead. @We're Alive www.zombiepodcast.com."

We can start then. But lets ramp up to a huge cluster of social media awesomeness this time.

Lets make Wednesday July 20 the next official targeted Social Media Day with a focus on promoting the streaming of chapter 24! It gives the populace the time to listen through the whole series before chapter 24 on the 30th. That will give us an episode of WND to promote it through as well. And we'll give people a chance to clear their calendars, too!

So lets have some more good status updates!

StepLaugh
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I agree with you guys, that's a great idea, I'm totally game! Even though I'll be on a plane to SDCC

Osiris
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I agree with you guys, that's a great idea, I'm totally game! Even though I'll be on a plane to SDCC

Where you plan to pimp your WA sandwich board, ringing a bell and handing out flyers? Wow... seriously you ARE the best and most awesome.

I've been randomly chucking out links in my status updates every few days.

HardKor
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Just throwing up a reminder for everyone to get out there and pimp We're Alive on Wednesday. Anybody got any new status ideas to share?

nikvoodoo
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Have y'all bombarded social media outlets yet??!! :)

Creem_Filling
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Crap, thanks for the reminder!

MrScott101
Jul 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I was a little behind, just now finished the WND podcast and heard about facebombing today! sported my first shoutout a few seconds ago!