PDA

View Full Version : WHERE do you listen to W-A?

Pteranodon
May 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
The thread about other audio dramas got me thinking- where do you listen to We're Alive etc? Driving, exercising, or 'other'?

I know truckers who plan their day around the radio/audio. I'm not a trucker but I drive a lot as part of my job, so I save new We're Alive episodes as a 'treat' for worktime (sometimes I can't stand the wait) I'm always looking for things to keep my brain alive on the job...

Or exercising- I go for long walks with ye olde MP3 player....

Wubbout youze guys?

Ra1th
May 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I listen to the season 1 box set when i'm stuck in traffic, that usually helps ease the road rage.

as for new episodes, luckily I don't have class on monday mornings, so it gives me incentive to wake up. just yee old headphones there

timberwoof
May 8th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I too listen while at work. I drive around basically for 8 hours a day looking for stuff to do. Having something to listen to that is other than music is good. The guys at the station make fun of me for listening to audio dramas and books but they also tell me they get bored driving around all the time. Since I've gone to night shift I've been able to catch up on a lot of audio.

rottenash
May 8th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I listen to it while i'm driving to work....sometimes i'll listen to it while messing around on my computer.

nikvoodoo
May 8th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Moved this into the Introduction/Where did you hear about us. I think it's another one of those nice icebreaker threads :)

I try my damnedest to listen to WA at home. The only other place I'd be able to listen is on the subway and when I listen on the subway I always miss stuff because it's too noisy to listen to something as deep and complex as WA.

Tandem25
May 9th, 2011, 02:00 AM
I listen at work. When I worked the night shift I listened to a lot more shows and read a lot more. Now that I work straight days I just listen to WA, WND, Stuffyoushouldknow, Hollywoodbabbleon, and Who Charted with Howard Kremer.

Walrusgus
May 9th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I either listen to We're Alive in the car, or when I am going to bed. I listen to it like an audio book rather than a podcast.

Luna Guardian
May 9th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Everywhere :p

patient zero
May 9th, 2011, 03:46 AM
I love listening to WA on my walk to uni, the only problem with that is sometimes I get to uni before the end of an episode which means I have to stop half way through, those truly are bad times!!

patient zero
May 9th, 2011, 03:48 AM
p.s. can any one suggest any other podcasts to listen to? I love WA but those week long gaps leave me wanting to listen to something else just to fill the time in between chapters! (I do already listen to WND too)

Hellbringer
May 9th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I listen in my car on the way to work and finish it up on the way back. I believe I normally play the newest file on a Tuesday morning, but if I can't wait, I play it on Monday nights while playing a game (with the game's sound turned really low or completely off, depending on the game).
During the rest of the week, I'll play other podcasts that I subscribe to... unless I get in a mood for one of my playlists, which happenes often.

BoomerXL
May 9th, 2011, 04:42 AM
I'll re-listen to older episodes on the way to work, I usually save the new episodes for when I can use my headphones, either when I'm out walking my dog or just about to go to sleep

lkiam
May 9th, 2011, 05:20 AM
In bed. Strangely I find it quite relaxing.

Rock Daddy
May 9th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I listen at work now. I have a long commute, so when I first discovered it, I caught up on all the back episodes on the bus. And it was awesome! Every once in a while, I listen to the old episodes again on the way home; it totally kills the travel time. Now, I eagerly wait at my computer every Monday morning for the latest crack, er I mean episode! :)

Boomstick
May 9th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Listen @ work

TheSidDemesa
May 9th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Bus, Lecture Hall, various places on campus, at home.

fraggot
May 9th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I listen to We're Alive and many other podcasts at work. I work 12 hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday.

When I first downloaded it at work, I listened to almost the entire first season in one day. I paced myself afterwards :D

Luna Guardian
May 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
p.s. can any one suggest any other podcasts to listen to? I love WA but those week long gaps leave me wanting to listen to something else just to fill the time in between chapters! (I do already listen to WND too)

There's a bunch of good ideas there :)

symon_r
May 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I listen on the walk/train/tube into work; two episodes get me almost exactly door to door!

Eitri
May 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Home,at school before homeroom, after school, on the late bus, at stage crew, on a plane.

beesting
May 9th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I listen to it once at work and then a second time at home while I'm cooking. Love this show!

Creem_Filling
May 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I listen to it on my way home from school and during my Spanish class. Because my priorities tell me that WA is more important than that silly grade!

MrScott101
May 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM

There's another thread with suggestions http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?32-Other-Audio-Dramas&highlight=audio+drama

I usually listen when I get to work, Desk job sit at computer, got tired of listening to the same 7k songs all the time started listening to podcasts

Mikeyd2tall
May 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
school mostly, or at my house.

Osiris
May 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
The best place I can think to listen to it... in bed, in the dark, as late as I can possibly keep my eyes open with headphones. Makes it that much easier to put myself there.

True Behemoth
May 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Just before I go to sleep. It adds to the drama.

Try you've got dead on you.

Bodachi
May 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
The best place I can think to listen to it... in bed, in the dark, as late as I can possibly keep my eyes open with headphones. Makes it that much easier to put myself there.

That is the same way I listen to the podcast. That why I don't get distracted or miss any anything in the podcast.

CantWaitForSeason3
May 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I listen to it when I'm at work. I'm supposed to be working but end up on the forums and listening to the podcasts.

johnson
May 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I listen to We're Alive EVERYWHERE it doesn't matter what I'm doing if i have my ipod or I'm near my computer i listen to the podcast.

kafu288
May 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Everywhere but I really like the bathtub I find it nice and relaxing to listen to podcasts and now this and just chill out. Normally on a Wednesday because I don't have uni on Wednesdays.

cupcakezombie
May 18th, 2011, 04:11 AM
When the new episodes come out I am at work, so I listen there, but they are on my iPod for when I walk somewhere or want to listen at work, so when I feel like it I will put on an episode.

mascaria
May 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Everywhere, but I prefer loading up my MP3 player and listening while taking walks.

cycogod
May 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Download mp3 and listen on mp3 player in the dark...sucks coming back

Ctatyk Frost
May 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I work in accounting for a Fortune 100 corporation. Sometimes my job can get quite monotonous. Ever noticed how boring that word is?
So, I have been mainlining the podcasts for the last 2 weeks. At least 2 chapters every day!

cycogod
May 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I work in accounting for a Fortune 100 corporation. Sometimes my job can get quite monotonous. Ever noticed how boring that word is?
So, I have been mainlining the podcasts for the last 2 weeks. At least 2 chapters every day!

Beware the crash, when you catch up to the show and don't have a stash of chapters to listen too. 2 weeks without a fix...

Osiris
May 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Beware the crash, when you catch up to the show and don't have a stash of chapters to listen too. 2 weeks without a fix...

For real. I didn't put anything aside to keep me going and now I'm waiting like a shmuck.

Ellis Dee
May 21st, 2011, 07:02 PM
@ work on earphones.

Ctatyk Frost
May 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM

Yeah, I'm about to catch up, but fortunately, I haven't started listening to the WND podcasts yet...so that's what I have set aside. Plus, as the weather gets better, I'll be staring out the window more often trying to catch a glimpse of my baby so that I can go riding after work...LOL
Thanks for the advice though.

ghrantt
May 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
I listen at work I had to switch to my zune when my co-workers got freaked out at the sudden loud noises , gunfire screaming zombozaniness

ghrantt
May 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
p.s. Can any one suggest any other podcasts to listen to? I love wa but those week long gaps leave me wanting to listen to something else just to fill the time in between chapters! (i do already listen to wnd too)

theaudiodramadirectory.com

Mid-Knight
May 25th, 2011, 03:17 AM
It's usually late here by the time I can listen, so I'm often in bed with the lights off when listening. Makes it even more intense I think, especially with headphones. .

I also had a We're Alive marathon on a plane once. A lot better than the radio they have.

Solanine
May 25th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I also listen in bed, lights off. I get really annoyed if I'm distracted while listening, when I'm listening to We're alive I want to be immersed in the story.

Jeebogs
May 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I usually listen at home while I'm doing the dishes/cooking dinner. Put the ipod in it's dock and crank it up loud so I can really hear the gunfire!

After that I'll give it another listen in bed with the earphones in, pitch black and atmospheric.

janet963
Jun 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
I have just listen this one from here, While reading these all posts.

Magrat
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I use the ye olde iPhone to listen to both the We're Alive podcast & WND. I've only recently found the podcasts so I've been spam-listening to the show on the bus or in the car in the mornings, and then most evenings if there's nothing worth watching on tv (Game of Thrones & Doctor Who) I listen to the podcasts. While I was still behind, I'd go for walks down to a local pier. Would just sit there & listen for hours to the show. Now I'm up to date it's just wherever I happen to be when that episode comes out if I have time to listen. Coffee breaks end up lasting for half an hour thanks to the show!

shric debar
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:15 AM
i listen whilst i'm cycling to and from work and also whilst driving on my way to and from band practise. I also listen to it whilst at work but when i'm on the till i can't have headphones in nor can i play W-A over speakers because it's a bit too mature to play in a charity shop.

yarri
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I listen in the car while I drive to and from work. I also listen when I do laundry.

johnnywhizzbang
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
While driving to and from work or any other solo car journey. Recently had some time off so listened with headset before bed. Couldn't wait until I was back at work. Kind of sad that I am all caught up because now I have to wait for episodes.

Survivor
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
while running, to-from work, right now while cleaning the room.

karateninja
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:02 AM
i listen to W-A while I'm at work, doing very repetitive things gets really old. so the podcast helps a lot but the wait in between really gets to me just like everyone else

Lexter
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Well here it goes, found the podcast at sticher app and I only could listing to the lates episodes so that night got home and downloaded the entire podcast, I stated to listing last thursday 16 and I cound not stop listining over the weekend and at work I love this podcast is the best I have ever heard. Thank you.

deanypants
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
In my job I often have to walk for a long time, or drive very often, so I listen to Podcasts during these times to keep myself entertained. It works very well.

Fire D
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
I sit at my computer every monday, with iTunes pulled up, waiting for it to download. I usually work on other computer stuff while I wait, but I check back often

Dr. Hatchet
Jul 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
I listen to WA when I go for an hour long walk, worked when they weren't as long now I come home and listen to the rest of the chapter

abayarts
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I listen at work mostly. The best part of my job is that they let us listen to music. Instead of music though, I listen a lot of podcast. This is the only one though that always makes stop what I'm doing because it's so intense.

yarri
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:23 PM
On the way to work. I live about 25 miles from the hospital so I can listen to the whole pod cast chapter during the car ride. Makes for some interesting driving though when it gets violent.

zombeh-kitteh
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I listen at work...mainly b/c it's easy to do both at once, since I work on the computer!

Zombiehead
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I listen to WA in front of my computer to write blog notes. I listen to WND while cleaning the house.

John Busker
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I listin to it when ever I get the chance, I'm all caught up now so I'll be waiting on iTunes till it posts.

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I am a janitoral and clean during the nights, so I have hours of listening to my awesome ipod as I clean! I tend to let chapters pile up because if I listen too one chapter I need too know what happens next right away.

Osiris
Jul 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I am a janitoral and clean during the nights, so I have hours of listening to my awesome ipod as I clean! I tend to let chapters pile up because if I listen too one chapter I need too know what happens next right away.

You hoard like Chelsea. :P

mem
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM

that is why i havent relistened to much. I am waiting for the end and the break and then will go back through parts that arent as clear to me now.

Pegsocalypse Now
Jul 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I listen to the podcast at the end of the night before going to bed.

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
that is why i havent relistened to much. I am waiting for the end and the break and then will go back through parts that arent as clear to me now.

That actually really good idea, considering the break coming up soon and no more new chapters...

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
You hoard like Chelsea. :P

I like to hoard ^^

Mine...Precious.....

mem
Jul 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
That actually really good idea, considering the break coming up soon and no more new chapters...
thanks. about 1 in every 1000 ideas i have is good. the rest not so much. : )

Lavitz
Jul 25th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I work on digital artwork so I listen to We're Alive when my roommate sleeps and usually sketching or doing homework.

dangergoodfellow
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM
When i first started listening it was any free time i had ,the drive to & from work , at work ,while gardening on the weekend just to catch up . Got very obsessive for awhile until the wife started calling were alive my mistress . Now its just in the car ..

Orik960
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
I listen to it straight from my PC. I download it from itunes within an hour of its release, sit down, and listen a few times. Occasionally when I have somewhere to be I'll sync up my ipod and take it with me to listen to it wherever I need to be.

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 4th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I first started listening on my phone, but got tired of having to search for the next chapter and ending up downloading all the chapters in itunes. I listen to the show while walking through downtown Colorado. It's fun listening to the show surveying the area around you thinking what would you do if all hell broke loose.

Terrence TacOne Williams
Aug 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I listen in the car only, that way it's all I have to focus on.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Aug 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM
To list all the ways I listen to "We're Alive," here's a short list!

1. At my computer (60%)
2. While doing the laundry (20%)
3. While I cook & do the dishes (10%)
4. While riding the subway or bus (5%)
5. While sleeping (sort of how people sleep to music) (4.5%)
6. On the loo (cause sometimes, you're there for the long haul) (0.5%)

nikvoodoo
Aug 9th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I listen in the car only, that way it's all I have to focus on.

Man....I certainly hope you pay attention to the road too! ;)

Shag Nasty
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Mostly while sitting at my computer playing some game of some sort with the volume on the game off and when I lay down to go to sleep. The laying down part happens but the going to sleep does not. I end up just having to know what happens next and then the sun comes up.

usmcludwig
Aug 29th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I listen comfortably behind my beautiful, self-made computer.

<3<3<3 my beast

Makee
Sep 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have one of those speaker pillows, at night i plug in pick an episode and listen as i drift off, probably listened to the story at least 22 times.

Solanine
Sep 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Interesting choice, huge music collection?

Futuristic_Aussie
Sep 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I listen to it in bed when I'm about to go to sleep and sometimes when I sit in the Sun :)

Jon Jasper
Sep 13th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I listen on my way to work and on my way home. I downloaded the 1st 2 seasons to my iphone. It makes my one hour commute rather enjoyable.

aaronarturus
Sep 20th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I listen to WA whenever I have the chance. When battling the Tokyo train hordes on my morning and afternoon commute, when on my breaks at work, and when I have a few minutes to kill inbetween freelance work at home (like right now). Often I'll be standing on the platform waiting for a transfer and I'll find myself completely lost in an episode, almost forgetting to get on my train. That's when you know it's great stuff.

_Blaine_
Sep 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I listen during the day when I can between classes and during lunch and every time I can like I said in my introduction I'm only on episode 7 but since i found it my ipod has been getting a lot of plays of these wonderful episodes.

Solanine
Sep 20th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I listen during the day when I can between classes and during lunch and every time I can like I said in my introduction I'm only on episode 7 but since i found it my ipod has been getting a lot of plays of these wonderful episodes.

Take it nice and slow, the sense of loss I felt after I burned right through the first season was horrible. (this was right at the start of season two).

Zombiphobe
Sep 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I try to burn them onto discs and listen in the car to and from work. One day we had really bad traffic and I got an unexpected WA marathon. Of course it was really creepy hearing about the convoy attack knowing I was currently gridlocked at night with no way to escape.

MotDrum
Sep 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
^^haha that would be scary.

I've been listening every night before I go to bed. It pretty muched replaced reading books for me during my last months of high school. It was really nice to listen to a story instead of having to do more reading.

Amisiel
Sep 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I agree I usually listened to it right before bed, but i sleep in the basement and theres no light down here at night kinda creepy.

G-Money
Sep 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM
i listen to we're alive while working out. it makes running on the treadmill or climbing the stairs go by much faster. I can't wait until the start of season 3!!!

Amisiel
Sep 30th, 2011, 12:27 AM
i listen to we're alive while working out. it makes running on the treadmill or climbing the stairs go by much faster. I can't wait until the start of season 3!!!

do you find youself imagining that your running away from zombies?

Miss
Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
I've got my computer hooked up to a killer sound system so when I'm cleaning and cooking and painting I have WA playing

abayarts
Oct 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Listen to the podcast at my job. We're allowed to listen to music while working so I have my MP3 player on all day. I listen to dozen of podcasts within the 8 hours of work.

Jamessa81
Oct 18th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I listen to WA at work, school, home on my surround sound and in the car. This is my 2nd time listening to the story. Trying to catch things that maybe I didn't get the first time due to pausing and constant interruptions

Shady Dave
Nov 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM
I listen at work in a local shipyard and have passed the addiction on to a coworker who has now passed it on to his whole family.

GeneTwo
Nov 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hmm... a WA virus.

USMC-CPL-Zombiekiller
Jan 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I listen to WA at home on Itunes and I also have every chapter on my Android phone. I never to far away from WA

mageftw
Jan 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
i listin to we're alive everywhere. i allways have my ipod with all the episodes with we're not dead

turbo
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I listen to this at work and in the car on trips!

random_highjinx
Jan 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Well, I listen it in my room or during work time in class if I can. Though, I have to be careful because my roommate likes to scare the crap out of me while I'm listening to it.

Also, listening to it on the train is kind of terrifying because I keep looking around going, "There are a lot of people on this train..." and then I remember I'd be screwed if a zombie apocalypse happened while I was in Japan.

ErebusRapture
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
My girlfriend and I either listen to We're Alive with lights off in bed via laptop or sometimes we'll go out to her car and sit in the driveway listening because the sound quality and small listening space give us amplification and privacy. I was also listening while I ran at night (yes, it may be dangerous but I'm pretty aware) and let me tell you, running in the dark to the sounds of zombies footsteps is something I'd suggest to anyone. It doesn't get much more realistic.

Krakens
Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I listen while I'm running and while I'm driving back and forth to work. I know many people listen to music while they run but I find that doesn't work for me. I don't like the change in pace from one song to the next and find podcast to be an excellent substitute. In fact, I often get lost in the story instead of thinking about the run. Before I know what's happening, I'm back home again.

MarlaSinger
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
In my truck...in traffic....on the hellacious 405 going through the Valley to the Westside.

It's a fantastic distraction and I haven't had bout of road rage since I started listening. :high five:

reaper239
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
in the alphabet on manliness, R is for Road Rage.

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I listen when I walk to class, or during the summer I re-listen to all the episodes while I mow

Visitors_Section
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I listen while I put shit in envelopes at work. Worst job I've had for a while but I managed to listen to every available episode after starting the series two Thursdays ago...

Hikari Horatio
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
i just started listening and im listen at my home and saving on my phone so i can listen on the go. so so eager to catch up lol

GingerNacre
Apr 13th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I listen to W-A in my car on way to and from jobs on my iPod. Also listen to it when I'm cleaning the house or shopping.

zombie19
Apr 13th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I mostly listen on the way to work. I listen to we're not dead doing chores and to fill gaps. I still have 10 we're not deads to catch up on.

Pfargtle
Apr 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
i listen everywheres. all the time specially considering we have like 28 hours of audio to listen to now. sometimes ill just plow through it in a week.

EmptyHen
Apr 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I listen on my way to work. Didn't find out about WA until March of '12, so I had a lot of catching up to do! Every trip takes about an episodes worth of time.

xV1per7x
Apr 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
i sat on my bed listening to this.

i lay on my bed listening to this. and if my eyes happen to close and missed a few words, i rewind few minutes and sit up.

GOD I LOVE THIS!!! i just wish you guys pump-out more episodes lol

oh! and pretty much anywhere where my body doesnt require my brain.

trubkir
May 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I mostly listen through headphones while I'm on the bus to work. I also listen in my car on longer trips cause I can hear the little nuances better and the highway gives me time to think about the story. That's about the only free time I have to listen to the podcast.

Cromulent Frog
May 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I listen to it in my car on my way home from work. I have at least a 30 minute drive depending on where I am for the day. The rest of the week I fill in the drive time with other podcasts and at times I'll go back and re-listen to previous WA episodes. It's going to be a sad, sad day when the series comes to an end.

VEE
May 10th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I have it on my phone so I listen wherever I am, home, work, shopping, driving, in the bath, wherever really. I'm currently re-listening from the start and that is mostly at work at the moment.

Emma
May 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I listen to it in the car (when my young son isn't in it with me) At work at home and when i'm running. I've started relistening to it inbetween each episode too!!!
addicted i hear you say
Yes I am

:)

littleone8
Jun 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I listen at work. I just found this and so I was able to listen all the way up to Chapter 30 without interruptions. I was kind of shocked when it just ended 3 days into listening to it at work. I hit the wall pretty hard.

GingerNacre
Jun 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I listen in my car (which I am in A LOT!) or while cleaning the house like the domestic goddess I am.

GingerNacre
Jun 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I listen at work. I just found this and so I was able to listen all the way up to Chapter 30 without interruptions. I was kind of shocked when it just ended 3 days into listening to it at work. I hit the wall pretty hard.

That wall can suck. I hit it in April.

BiTeMe
Jul 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I usually sit down in my recliner and shut my eyes and just listen. Sometimes I clean though and thats proved to be a disaster sometimes lo9l. I have drops dishes because of something I heard. when someone died i loved....OMG I almost cried. I did cry when I didnt know what happened to someone. I dont know if spoilers are allowed in here so im being vague.

BiTeMe
Jul 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I've started listening to the Leviathon Chronicals and I am currently downloading the last and first episodes of We're Not Dead. Leviathon is great so far but it's a little hard to follow because there is a lot of narrative like an audio book. go to podcasts.com they have a great catalog of podcasts like We're Alive and some not. I listen on an android app called RatPoison. He'll add anything you want. Hope this helps!

podcastlover
Jul 15th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I listen while washing the dishes! lol. i usually download through the itunes podcast. really great stuff.

Tielurrdee
Jul 15th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I listen naked in my bed end of story

GeoffGoB
Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Ok just so we are clear, I'm not with Tielurrdee or in anyway connected to him, just following on as it were :o

I listen on the walk to work and home again, taken me a few weeks but I'm finally up to speed with this damm fine podcast

Ohllee
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM
i normally have We're alive playing while drive going back home from the office.

KonradMH
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Whilst gardening mainly!

Litmaster
Aug 21st, 2012, 07:09 AM
Ok, here's a story:

I was on a camping trip last week, waaaaay out in the middle of a state park, far away from any internet connection and my sucky phone wouldn't even work. After realizing it was Monday, I did some asking around and ended up driving 18 miles down a winding dirt road to a small truck stop by the nearest highway.

I ended up crouched in a dirty bathroom stall for 30 minutes, feigning constipation, while listening to the streamed version of the latest episode...

Penguine
Aug 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
I mostly listen to WA on a while sitting at my desk at work. I listen to it off the Feedburner page since I don't have an ipod, and its simple. I have the bookmarked and just hit F5 till I see the new episode appear.

Lilydragon
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM

These aren't audio drama's, but I've enjoyed them. The Crew, Earthcore, and the Rookie by Scott Sigler, the Trader Tales (there are six books) by Nathan Lowell, and Cresent by Phill Rossi. These ones I can't remember the names of the authors. Fractured Horizon, The Silk Code, Beneath, Kraken. These ones are ones that I've enjoyed...

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
This shit gets awkward really fast.

Lilydragon
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I listen at work on my iPad. I have a pair of headphones that let me pause with the push of a button so I don't have to fiddle with my iPad. I'd seen WA off and on on iTunes but never thought to listen until recently, now I'm hooked. I'm thinking about listening to it for a third time before listening to the next episode.

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Lately, I've been listening to the show while taking my after dinner walk through the park. Headphones, iPod, solitude.

ZombieBlake
Sep 9th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Usually while I am driving, but if I have time during the week I'll relax in my bed, close my eyes, and imagine I am among the storyteller of the week.

hbg
Oct 10th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I have most of them downloaded as MP3, and listen to them as I am going to sleep. It makes a great bed-time story. ;-)

Aerock
Oct 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Two of my Army buddies from New York told me about this podcast. They say it's great to listen to in traffic. I just downloaded episodes 1 & 2, and so far I've been listening to it at work. I'll probably download more on my phone and listen to it during my morning and afternoon commute.

Neal
Oct 21st, 2012, 03:10 AM
I listen to WA anywhere I want, as long as I have my mp3 player and headphones. The most common places are when I'm vegetating on the couch or lying in bed, about to fall asleep.

Aerock
Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
I'm in the military and we have to do long convoys from base to base here in the United States. I just knocked out the first 4 chapters of WA with one of my soldiers. We split earphones and listened to the .mp3 files I had already downloaded on my phone!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:04 AM
I usually listen to WA in the evening, while I am sitting in my original IKEA Poäng chair (http://www.ikea.com/de/de/images/products/poang-sessel__21637_PE106597_S4.jpg). To me, WA is not that type of show you listen to in bright sunlight. That would be quite inappropriate. However, I also listen to WA while doing some workout at the gym - like Kc puts it: if you can't run, you're done.

runs4theheckofit
Nov 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I've listened to it while painting inside my house and jumped a few times. I usually listen at work!

kamel123
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mostly at home before I go to sleep, keep the nightmares going y'know?

scbubba
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Mostly in the car on the way to work at about 0545 each day. It's still dark so the atmosphere fits...

I get about 30 min in on the commute and I'm usually the first one in the office so I can get more time there too. Every now and then, I'll have to re-listen to something with the headphones on at work or at home because the road noise in the car can wipe out some of the more subtle details...

DeadMen_Walking
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just started listening. It makes my work day fly by though. Most productive I've been in months. lol

pinkstarmary
Dec 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I listen at work. I'm the only one working in the warehouse at my job, so it allows me to listen to all of the WA episodes as many times as I want. For the new episodes, I listen at home, while I'm going to sleep. I think maybe that's why I have so many nightmares.

Robzombie
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
At work where i can get in anywhere from a chapter to 3 or 4 chapters a day if i'm left alone, then i listen in bed. Always with headphones. I relistened to the whole show a week before the finale and i've started over again and at chap 7.

Siwel
Dec 13th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I listened to chapter 36 at work while in bed,it was awesome!!! My favorite yet!

Mograppler
Dec 26th, 2012, 02:52 AM
I listen to WA at work. I stack lumber from 630-4. I can listen to WA in about 4 days.

DEVILDAWG
Jan 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Usually when i go to sleep :)

PainOrgan
Jan 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM
So jealous of those who can listen at work, my day would fly by!!
I listen at home, in the car, at the gym, and anytime I can squeeze in a few minutes.

Libby220
Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Podcast when I work. I'm a third shift patrol officer and have loads of lonely time to spare.

REZombie
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Pretty much anytime i get a chance, But i probably do most of my listening right before bed...and i have a feeling come Sept, i'll probably be doing ALOT of listening from a treestand!

buzzbros2002
Mar 27th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I listen to it either while on a walk or laying in bed so I can focus totally on the sounds and scene. I can't understand how you can listen to any of the episodes for a first time on car speakers.

SwampZombieSlayer
May 10th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Headphones working at a bank!

Malador
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
There's a national forest near here with a 10 mile hiking trail, I listen to it while I'm on the path on Saturdays.

PhysicsLB
Jul 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Seeing as i started it last month, i've been listening to it at work while drafting. Finished all three seasons in about a week.

John Sanches
Aug 17th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I thought it would be great to listen to it when I laid down to go to sleep. But when I found my heart racing and the loud screams and gunfire keeping me up (who would guess) I thought it better to listen to at other times ;-)

MrRedBeard
Aug 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
In the office, while cooking, while driving, laying in my hammock while camping...... basically where and when ever.

RVAUndead
Sep 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I listen to it when I'm driving- usually to work. And sometimes I get so wrapped up in it I bring my earbuds in and keep listening while I work :)

whenallisdark
Sep 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I listen while I'm at work, and in the car mainly. Feel like such as ass when you start laughing at one of Burt's one liners and the customers look at you strange

ShyGraves
Sep 30th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I thought it would be great to listen to it when I laid down to go to sleep. But when I found my heart racing and the loud screams and gunfire keeping me up (who would guess) I thought it better to listen to at other times ;-)

Haha! That's EXACTLY what I did too. Instead of pitting me to sleep, it kept me up all night, caused I kept pushing the next episode button. To much excitment so now I listen while I'm out walking my dog.

Nina
Nov 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I listen to it whilst commuting to and from work and occasionally whilst going to sleep at night . It actually makes me want to get up in the morning and go to work !

Love

Nina

Andyt22
Nov 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I listen to it whilst commuting to and from work and occasionally whilst going to sleep at night . It actually makes me want to get up in the morning and go to work !

Love

Nina
I listen to w a wilst working welding all day so it relaxing and I love listening to w a hope they never stop writing stories

Storm
Nov 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM
A friend and I usually get on Skype before the episode is up so we can listen to it together. We turn off our microphones while listening, though, since he likes to comment on the episode while listening, and I start giggling when I get too excited...
Then we'll spend the rest of the evening (the episode is out around 1700-1730 here) talking about it, maybe I'll listen to it one more time.
The rest of the week I'll listen to the episode over and over while on the train to school. Takes about 50 minutes to get there, so I can listen to it about two times... I listened to 40.1 about 12 times. Hehe.

skankyfish
Nov 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM
This season, my friend and I have been listening together in the office. As soon as it's uploaded we put headphones on, and synchronise when we press play. Everyone else in the office is a bit bemused by our gasps and exclamations, I think :D

ZombieWildfire
Dec 6th, 2013, 05:27 AM
This season, my friend and I have been listening together in the office. As soon as it's uploaded we put headphones on, and synchronise when we press play. Everyone else in the office is a bit bemused by our gasps and exclamations, I think :D

I can confirm this to be true! I've been known to purposefully stay at work instead of finishing early just for the communal WA listening experience.

Footbutt
Dec 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
"At Work" for me as well.
as soon as it's available i listen to the newest episode.

i also 'zone out' to multiple chapters throughout the day. i've probably listened to the whole thing a dozen times.

masnyder4
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
If I am in my car it's on! Also if I need to clean the house (like in a couple minutes) I put my headphones on and start cleaning and actually get some done!

Keithrob
Dec 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Walking the dog. Everyday. Just started listening over the last month and am hooked. Upto chapter 21 and ploughing through them

daveyman23
Dec 9th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I walk about 45-50 minutes to work and back home so I can fit nearly a whole chapter in one way. Really great for binge listening =D

DagnyTag
Dec 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I listen everywhere! Doing laundry, taking a shower, driving, sleeping.....

tlbro0
Dec 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
At work with my iPod and some ear buds. I work overnights so podcasts help keep me sane and thinking about interesting things. My job is incredibly boring, but it pays bills while also in college number three.

Cammi
Dec 12th, 2013, 05:16 AM
I listen to we're alive at work it gets me though the day!!! :)

Labret
Dec 18th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hey I'm Vince from NYC. Stumbled on WA looking for something to listen to at work. Thanks for the awesome work guys!

kent17
Dec 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I listen wherever I am when the new episode comes out

1) At work? priorities... time for a break
2) In a meeting? well times up, walk out
3) In the car? I got earphones, plus an FM transmitter
4) In the loo? Going to be a while (can't rush good work)
5) Having dinner with the family? Dad's got to go, I'll be back when Datu stops crying
6) In bed with the wife... see #2 above

Wherever, Whenever it is always a good time to listen

BunnyButters
Dec 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Hey my name is Bunny - I am from London in the UK!

I found We're alive a year ago, as I love all things zombie!

BunnyButters
Dec 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Oh and sorry - I listen to WA on the tube/any journey.
And at night when I'm in bed!

tonyhind86
Dec 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
*Note to self* For listening to WA on the way home from work, invest in a pair of noise cancelling headphones. Rush hour traffic noise is a dick to podcasts...

kent17
Dec 18th, 2013, 11:33 AM
*Note to self* For listening to WA on the way home from work, invest in a pair of noise cancelling headphones. Rush hour traffic noise is a dick to podcasts...

Helps to drown out the fire trucks and ambulances too

beans
Feb 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
while going for a run or during the commute or before some slumber

Spime
Apr 11th, 2014, 08:00 AM
At first I listened during my LA traffic commute. Now I listen to it everywhere. I agree with many others here that having a good headset or sound system is essential!

Zombiekiller100
Apr 30th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I have a 2 hour total motorway commute every day, am on the second listen through at end of season 1 now, and picking up a lot more details this time. Puts me in a good mood when I get home, except when Datu and Lizzie died. found WA on iTunes whilst looking for Zombie stuff. Best audio ever.

soccerjoe7
May 11th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I listen to this Awesome podcast anywhere. To and from work. At work. At lunch. Did I mention it was AWESOME!!!! WA kills my stress!

Gooer
May 11th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I listen to this Awesome podcast anywhere. To and from work. At work. At lunch. Did I mention it was AWESOME!!!! WA kills my stress!

It's great isn't it?

HevvyMetalHippie
May 29th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Listening in the car now... Just listened to poor Glen, what a way to start an episode!

Owl Mechanic
Jul 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
This podcast made me love my shitty job lol.

I don't want to make it seem like I don't like my job, but I'm a zookeeper, and for the past two years, several days a week one of my tasks is to clean the giraffe barn. Alone.
This means about 3.5hours of silence while picking up SEVERAL wheelbarrows of crap that will immediately undo itself the next day and was by far most depressing part of the job, until I found We're alive.

I mean Night Vale and This American Life allowed me to pass the time, but We're Alive made it so I was itching to get to the giraffe barn, where I can listen to podcasts because the 'no-phone' rule can't be
enforced (as there's no one but me in there). It became one of my favorite parts of the day because it just flew by listening to these, and zookeepers have lots of fun outside of the typically shitty part...
and the part I looked forward to most was the shitty part.

Because of the awkward ways I found to conceal my phone yet listen to it quietly a number of things have happened, the result of which is where I've listened to this show from.

Which is, other than 'at the zoo' has temporarily been whilst submerged in a puddle of poop water, and while being dangled from the hands of a particularly ambitious thieving monkey.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 23rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Owl Mechanic, welcome to the show! :)

soccerjoe7
Aug 4th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Yes it is! It has been a while since I have logged in so I apologize for not replying sooner. Now that it is over, I started listening to it again, for a 3rd time. I will try to be more active and catch up in the forum. Take care and I hope you enjoyed the Finale!!!

airrunner
Aug 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
There's nothing better than a 14- to 16-mile training run and a bunch of We're Alive chapters I haven't heard yet, just itching to reach my ears. Sadly that will never be the case again. :( Even when Tales comes out, I'll be catching each episode as they air like almost everyone else here. What a joy it was to discover We're Alive late in Season Four and to be able to burn through chapters as fast as I wanted to.

molson
Aug 7th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Almost exclusively while walking the dog. In general, podcasts became a part of my life because I have a border collie I need to keep entertained.

NickShades
Sep 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM
I typically listen while at work, from 9-5, I get a good 6 hours working exclusively by myself while I take things apart and work in my own headspace. It provides a beautiful world to wander off to, filled with terror around every corner, while my hands do what they've done for years without much fail. Fantastic way to take on radio-style drama.

This weekend was the first that i lay in bed with my wife listening while she was watching some of her reality shows. Just plugged in the headphones and spent time next to her like I was reading a book, and not even paying attention to what was on the screen.

The final episode, I spent sitting in the darkness, out on the backyard patio while a cigarette slowly burned in my hand. What a way to say g'bye.

laura21
Nov 13th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I listen to WA whenever I have the chance.