PDA

View Full Version : Nickname/Handle Change Procedure

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Sometimes, things in life just happen to change. You look across the couch at your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend and wish they would just go away. You look in the mirror and realize that face tattoo you got of Leonard Nimoy is not exactly what you had in mind. Things like that.

Well unlike a facial tattoo, your We're Alive forum name doesn't need to be so permanent. If you desire to change your nickname/handle on the forum, please post your request here. When the admins get to it, we will change your handle. You are only allowed to change your name 3 times per year. Once you've reached your limit, do not ask again until one full year has passed from your first request.

When you receive your name change, you will also receive a "warning" from the We're Alive administration. This will do literally nothing to your status on the forums, but we will be using it to keep track of name changes. So think nothing of it.

Leedo2502
May 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Sweet! Can I change my name to Leedo2502, I made the mistake of logging in with the facebook feature and then was stuck with "Robert Kearney"... The only person that calls me Robert is my Grandma LOL

Thanks guys you rock

j0be
May 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Sweet! Can I change my name to Leedo2502, I made the mistake of logging in with the facebook feature and then was stuck with "Robert Kearney"... The only person that calls me Robert is my Grandma LOL

Thanks guys you rock

On it.

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
On it.

Beat ya to it ;)

j0be
May 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Beat ya to it ;)

I noticed. I added a user note.

Leedo2502
May 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys!! I feel like I got my internet name back LOL

Osiris
May 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I would like to formally request a change of names.

current name: Satan
desired name: Osiris

Thank you.

nikvoodoo
May 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I would like to formally request a change of names.

current name: Satan
desired name: Osiris

Thank you.

and as you can already tell: Done and done :)

7oddisdead
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
could I go from being 70DDISDEAD to 7oddisdead..didnt realize the caps lock was on when I registered...been bothering me for a while...thank you in advance

Adventureless_Hero
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
The name changing thing really confused the hell out of me on the chat boards. Time to drink away those frightening memories!

fighter
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM
move on but never forget them kelly

Th3_T3ch
Jun 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
please oh please may I have my name changed to 'Th3_T3ch'?

Kat
Jul 27th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Can you please change mine to kat.

thanks

nikvoodoo
Jul 27th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Done

Big G
Jul 31st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Can you please change my name to Big G

nikvoodoo
Jul 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Big G it is. Enjoy.

Big G
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
thanks

CantWaitForSeason3
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Even tho the seasons over i'm still trolling on the forums.

Can you change my name to - CantWaitForSeason3

awesome thanks!

nikvoodoo
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Even tho the seasons over i'm still trolling on the forums.

Can you change my name to - CantWaitForSeason3

awesome thanks!

Depends....when Season 3 starts, are you going to change your name back to killerbeardhawk?

CantWaitForSeason3
Aug 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM
no,

CantWaitForSeason4

Thanks for the change tho!

Shag Nasty
Aug 27th, 2011, 03:38 PM
So I used the log in through Facebook option and got stuck with my real name.On forums if it's available I prefer to go by my nickname of the last twenty odd years...Shag Nasty

nikvoodoo
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Done.

Shag Nasty
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Wow that was fast...Thanks!

Makee
Sep 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Could i have a Cbox name change to makee =)

thanks guys =)

Puddin N Tame
Sep 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM
May I change mine to "Puddin N' Tame"? Or "Puddin N Tame" if the apostrophe won't work.

Solanine
Sep 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM
May I change mine to "Puddin N' Tame"? Or "Puddin N Tame" if the apostrophe won't work.
Really, 2 posts and one is too request a name change. You could have created a new account to save Nick the bother. :P oh yeah and Welcome etc

nikvoodootest
Sep 25th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Test!

Gilbert
Sep 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Can i have my name changed to GILBERTOx24 please.

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM
Really, 2 posts and one is too request a name change. You could have created a new account to save Nick the bother. :P oh yeah and Welcome etc

Actually, we do prefer you request the name change vs. creating another account. We have a tendency to ban one or both accounts if someone registers two accounts under the same IP address. This is much simpler than droppin' the ban hammer.

Amisiel
Oct 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
is that so they can't get refferal credits?

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM
is that so they can't get refferal credits?

Nah. Sometimes people register wrong or want a different name that's just slightly different than what they registered with....

....other times its a douchey move so people can compliment themselves on their awesome arguments. To which I promise I have never done.....ever. Nope. No sir, no how.

:p It's not true. I don't have to create a new account to compliment myself. My ego has it's own ego which has it's own ego that pats me on the back.

Litmaster
Apr 14th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Hey Nik,

When you get a chance, can you capitalize the 'L' to make it 'Litmaster'? I've been wanting to change that for awhile but only just now came across this thread. Thanks in advance.

nikvoodoo
Apr 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hey Nik,

When you get a chance, can you capitalize the 'L' to make it 'Litmaster'? I've been wanting to change that for awhile but only just now came across this thread. Thanks in advance.

So........the literary master wishes for a capital letter, eh?
Yeah that can happen.

MenashaCorpse
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hey Nik! My online name is "MenashaCorp" everywhere else, but in here, "MenashaCorpse" would make more sense. Grr. Argh. Can that happen?

Thanks!

nikvoodoo
Apr 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hey Nik! My online name is "MenashaCorp" everywhere else, but in here, "MenashaCorpse" would make more sense. Grr. Argh. Can that happen?

Thanks!

NO! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN! NEVER EV.....oh wait....I did it already? Damnit....oh well. I guess you can keep the new name ;)

Condor
May 11th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Been thinking a bird related name might be more appropriate for WA, could I request a name change to condor if you get a chance.
Thanks.

nikvoodoo
May 11th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Been thinking a bird related name might be more appropriate for WA, could I request a name change to condor if you get a chance.
Thanks.

This sucks.....I just assembled the Denver broncos and all of south park to reveal who your father was.........oh well.

ZomNom
May 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Could you change my name to ZomNom?

nikvoodoo
May 24th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Could you change my name to ZomNom?

That'll be $16.95.

MenashaCorpse
May 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM
:D But if you call now, we'll include this amazing spatula at no extra charge!!!

Kc
May 27th, 2012, 10:35 PM
But there's so many more selections at spatula city!

mem
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
But there's so many more selections at spatula city!

If you call in the next few minutes we'll throw in absolutely free a cd "intestinal noises of the stars". We can't do this all day folks so act now ! Operators are standing by.

Vlarken
Jul 16th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Could I get my username changed to 'Anavrin' please? That's the name I use on other forums, and I honestly cannot remember why I decided to name myself after my gamertag when I first registered. O_o

nikvoodoo
Jul 17th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Could I get my username changed to 'Anavrin' please? That's the name I use on other forums, and I honestly cannot remember why I decided to name myself after my gamertag when I first registered. O_o

I'll get this done for you once I get to an actual computer vs phone.

Vlarken
Jul 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I'll get this done for you once I get to an actual computer vs phone.

Schweet, thanks!

nikvoodoo
Jul 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Schweet, thanks!

I got swamped at work. I'll get to it tonight so long as i remember.

Osiris
Jul 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Schweet, thanks!

You'll always be Koala Bear Prime to me. :love:

Vlarken
Jul 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
You'll always be Koala Bear Prime to me. :love:

I completely approve of this nickname. :D By all means can you continue to address me so.

Solanine
Jul 20th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Oh we will...

GingerNacre
Jul 30th, 2012, 01:22 AM
So my Twitter account was compromised and since Im a spy I had to restart everything under a new internet name. Thus, can I please go from Sorshanik to GingerNacre. It means "Ginger Pearl"...no seriously. Im a ginger victorian lady zombie killer with a .38 in pearls. Thanks so much in advance. :yay:

nikvoodoo
Jul 30th, 2012, 05:38 AM
So my Twitter account was compromised and since Im a spy I had to restart everything under a new internet name. Thus, can I please go from Sorshanik to GingerNacre. It means "Ginger Pearl"...no seriously. Im a ginger victorian lady zombie killer with a .38 in pearls. Thanks so much in advance. :yay:

Done.

Sorry you're twitter account got screwed up. That sucks hardcore.

GingerNacre
Jul 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Done.

Sorry you're twitter account got screwed up. That sucks hardcore.

You rock the world. Now I can go back to listening to WA on my iPod while spying internationally... :D

nikvoodoo
Jul 30th, 2012, 08:15 AM
You rock the world. Now I can go back to listening to WA on my iPod while spying internationally... :D

Keep fighting the good fight. And say hi to Michael Weston for me.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Please change my handle to Grognaurd.

Should have done this years ago, but that was then, this is now... :)

nikvoodoo
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
I'll get to your name change some time in the next 24 hours. Having some Internet issues at the moment and its hard to access what I need to on my phone.

Grognaurd
Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'll get to your name change some time in the next 24 hours. Having some Internet issues at the moment and its hard to access what I need to on my phone.

No rush man. Bump it to Thursday, when things slow down, again

Osiris
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Please change my handle to Grognaurd.

Should have done this years ago, but that was then, this is now... :)

Awesome! Another name Britt won't be able to pronounce!

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Could I get my name changed to Vlarken? I never use my current name on anything anymore.

Osiris
Oct 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Bump for Nik.

Solanine
Oct 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Its 10.30 here in Britain, I just got done an 8 hour stint at the library and I saw I had an email. you have no idea how happy I was.
The idea of social interaction got me so excited. Then I find out that its a forum notification. Because Osiris decided to give Nick a bump.
You have no idea how disappointed I was. O_o

Wicked Sid
Oct 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Could I get my name changed to Vlarken? I never use my current name on anything anymore.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Unit
Dec 13th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Is the nickname Unit already taken? I can't remember if I checked that when I signed up for the forum, I am so used to having to add numbers because there are 50 other people trying to use the same one. If possible could you remove the numbers from the end of my name and have it be just Unit?

Thank you kindly in either case :)

Wicked Sid
Dec 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Is the nickname Unit already taken? I can't remember if I checked that when I signed up for the forum, I am so used to having to add numbers because there are 50 other people trying to use the same one. If possible could you remove the numbers from the end of my name and have it be just Unit?

Thank you kindly in either case :)

What do you mean "Is [it] already taken?" You've always been "Unit".

Sin Angel
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM
You can have a space between both names? The can you turn Sin Angel into two different words?

nikvoodoo
Jan 14th, 2014, 09:29 AM
You can have a space between both names? The can you turn Sin Angel into two different words?

Done. :)

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Thank you!

MGM Ray
Feb 18th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Namebot, please adjust, and capitalize as necessary, the letters in my name to display themselves as follows, "MGM Ray"

Wicked Sid
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Namebot, please adjust, and capitalize as necessary, the letters in my name to display themselves as follows, "MGM Ray"

I've rearranged your source code, forcing your moniker to actualize upon a different sequence of light emitting diodes that will be pushed to computer screens worldwide.

Gilbert
Jul 11th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Almighty powers that be, could you change my name to simply be Gilbert?

nikvoodoo
Jul 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Almighty powers that be, could you change my name to simply be Gilbert?

I'll get to this tomorrow from work. my log in to the admin portion is so tight I don't have it at home....:p

MisterMills357
Aug 19th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Sometimes, things in life just happen to change. You look across the couch at your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend and wish they would just go away. You look in the mirror and realize that face tattoo you got of Leonard Nimoy is not exactly what you had in mind. Things like that.

When I look in a mirror, the visage of a fat old man appears, and it ain't pretty. If I ever change my nickname, it might be to WhiteHair or StainedShorts.
That would be a more accurate description of me at 60, than to attach the gun and caliber .357 to my name.:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that I am desperately trying to recapture the past.

memoweb
Jun 15th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks nice post

NormanDavis
Jun 17th, 2021, 02:50 AM
Thanks guys:)