PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon!

Snickelsox
May 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
To some this is the lamest game around, but to others it is an amazing RPG. I for one love the new games on DS,anyone share this opinion? Also anyone wanna trade? My FC is 146357487774

itsallgoodie
May 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I have soul silver. :D game rules.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM
They're all so damn much alike, and all so damn easy...
I loved the classics (red, green, blue, yellow), liked the follow-ups (gold, silver), found the next ones to be okay-ish (ruby, sapphire), and then moved on and stopped caring.

I beat the same game plenty of times now.

Also, I have to say the storyline isn't that original (especially after being recycled over and over), and there's no real character development or strategey involved either. I've never lost a game, using only my starter pokemon all the time. In fact, by doing so it gets such a high level that it even kills it's opposite with ease. For example, if you start with a fire type, you have no problem taking on water just because you're like 20 levels higher...

I do understand that people like them, but only if they haven't played more than one or exceptionally two of the older ones.

Snickelsox
May 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
While I agree with you that they are very repetitive and by ruby they had really lost their luster, I feel that I must mention that the black and white have an actual story. While it is nothing truly amazing it is way better than previous generations. Also I have played them since blue and red and have played every game since. I have told myself that I am done with this series but something always calls me back, only this time I am happy about that.

Snickelsox
May 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oh and One last thing, the AI may be dumb and easy to beat but once you start facing other real life people some real crazy strategy is needed because most of the time you cannot just brute force other players.

AdrianHD
May 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
If I had three wishes, one of those wishes would be to have a real life Growlithe.

clarkie
May 22nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
YES YES YES! Love Pokemon too. The only generation I missed was HG/SS, but I'll probably go back and play that at some point. Finished the main game in White, really enjoying doing side-stuff and catching as many Pokemon as possible.

BoomerXL
May 22nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Never got into Pokemon, I never really understood the fascination, though I don't think they're stupid games at all. To each his own.

Creem_Filling
May 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
I love Pokemon. First gen is the greatest, but I still love diamond and pearl and other of the later games. They're the best way to kill time ever. I'm a water pokemon fan all the way!

smalls kenobi
May 22nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
ah, i remember i was in the fifth grade when i got the Original Red Version for my GBC, good times. then after i got Silver i just stopped caring. i was getting more into the GB Zelda games.

But the Best Pokemon game ever was Pokemon Snap, HANDS DOWN!

Hellbringer
May 22nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I found pokemon as a good distraction while deployed. Apparently, a lot of gamers I know felt that way out in the Middle East or in the 'Stans as well.

COsurvivor
May 22nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Pokemon Zombified!!!

http://iphoneappsclub.com/anime/53241.jpg