PDA

View Full Version : my zombie escape plan aka operation "dont mention"

mem
May 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
While watching the latest Resident Evil movie and the dilema of all the people trapped in the prison with thousands upon thousands of undead surrounding the place. i came up with the best escape plan known to mankind. After deliberating with my wife and several on the forum I was disheartened to learn that said plan was not as epic as my mind had envisioned. For the sake of more lab testing and feedback i submit the plan for the forum and patienly await feedback and criticism of my escape plan:

Operation "don't mention".
1. Procure or construct a large "hamster ball".
2. Get inside.
3. Roll across the tops of the undead to safety.

A few of my invaluable sources on the forum have also suggested:
tinting the ball so that one can see out but the undead cannot see in.

Also there was concern about rolling the escape ball up hills away from a hungry group of attackers and thus being stranded.
Strong winds were also mentioned as being a possible detracter from this idead being perfect.

Thanks again for your input and suggestions.

mem
May 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
thanks jobe for letting me know about the air supply issue. i didnt think about that. : )

Rock Daddy
May 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
mem... I've heard a lot of bullshit in my time... But this plan... is... the most... AWESOME THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!! :) One side note: If you DO have slots or holes in your ball for air, make sure that blood or saliva doesn't drip into them and turn you into the most indestructible zombie the world will ever know. LOL

mem
May 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM
slots or holes could lead to drowning as well. these blueprints need some work

Rock Daddy
May 9th, 2011, 09:51 AM
slots or holes could lead to drowning as well. these blueprints need some work

I think no holes too. Wouldn't there be enough air inside to roll away from zombies to somewhere and then, when the coast is clear, quick open the hatch and get some fresh air? This has loads of potential. ;)

j0be
May 9th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Or just have an oxygen tank. :D

Leedo2502
May 9th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My Brother has a hair-breained scheme that involes glueing several water bottles to himself and making a run for it... his idea is the zombies won't be able to bite/get their mouths around a water bottle.

I like my plan that involes alot of guns and ammo

cycogod
May 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
air making machine as seen in the movie "Explorers" -done

TheNomad
May 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'm gonna do it like I do everything else. Wing it.Though I will use my brilliant logic skills.

HardKor
May 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Perhaps a small hatch that can be opened when needed to let air in but sealed up the rest of the time.

Eitri
May 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have many plans, but this is one of the better ones i have heard.
My plan is the we're alive plan, but i look at it more strategically. The place where you make your Sanctuary should be able to be turned into a fortress, im talking slide down metal garge doors, solid brick/metal walls, access to a nearby water source, access to a nearby food source, (stores). A place for a garden (Fertile soil), a place to raise livestock. you should also be able to make Traps for the zombies (Really deep pits with spikes at the bottom), solar panels (if you can find any) then you can have an endless supply of power, access to weapons, ETC. yes this plan is flawed i admit it, im working on getting the kinks out, but those are my base line requirements. Im lenient so if one or two things aren't there i won't count out said place.
I rest my case

mem
May 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
My Brother has a hair-breained scheme that involes glueing several water bottles to himself and making a run for it... his idea is the zombies won't be able to bite/get their mouths around a water bottle.

I like my plan that involes alot of guns and ammo

the image of a guy running like mad in armor made of water bottles made my day ! thanks for the visual of that. awesome !!

mem
May 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I have many plans, but this is one of the better ones i have heard.
My plan is the we're alive plan, but i look at it more strategically. The place where you make your Sanctuary should be able to be turned into a fortress, im talking slide down metal garge doors, solid brick/metal walls, access to a nearby water source, access to a nearby food source, (stores). A place for a garden (Fertile soil), a place to raise livestock. you should also be able to make Traps for the zombies (Really deep pits with spikes at the bottom), solar panels (if you can find any) then you can have an endless supply of power, access to weapons, ETC. yes this plan is flawed i admit it, im working on getting the kinks out, but those are my base line requirements. Im lenient so if one or two things aren't there i won't count out said place.
I rest my case

well thought out. in one series of books (Rhiannon Frater's As the World Dies trilogy) i read there were builders who basically walled in a city block and cleaned out buildings one at a time. there were caualties but not near the carnage you see in movies. they also had a series of gates to get into the complex with so that a large horde couldnt compromise the gate.

mem
May 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
air making machine as seen in the movie "Explorers" -done nice one

cycogod
May 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
maybe bubble wrap? or thick tape ?or just lay there and act dead

j0be
May 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM
well thought out. in one series of books (Rhiannon Frater's As the World Dies trilogy) i read there were builders who basically walled in a city block and cleaned out buildings one at a time. there were caualties but not near the carnage you see in movies. they also had a series of gates to get into the complex with so that a large horde couldnt compromise the gate.

This is roughly the same tactic that was used in the BOOK "I Am Legend". (IMO much better than the movie. The movie was good, just a totally different story than the book)

Rock Daddy
May 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM
This is roughly the same tactic that was used in the BOOK "I Am Legend". (IMO much better than the movie. The movie was good, just a totally different story than the book)

I second that. Anyone who didn't read the book, you'll love it. There's actually a great BBC audio book of I Am Legend I believe, for those of you who prefer audio content like me. :)

mem
May 11th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I love the movie as it's own piece of art. The book was a much better masterpiece. There is no comparison to the ending of the book compared to the movie. The book is WAY better.

j0be
May 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I love the movie as it's own piece of art. The book was a much better masterpiece. There is no comparison to the ending of the book compared to the movie. The book is WAY better.

Oh definitely. The movie was a good "zombie" movie, but it definitely didn't deserve the title. (You know what I mean if you read the book). Plus a lot of things make so much more sense in the book than the movie. For example, in the book we know they are really vampires.

Eviebae
May 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM

Not having watched the movie, I thought the book was excellent--full of groundbreaking ideas. Like "The Passage" sort of a zombie vampire hybrid. I have a clear minds eye vision of his neighbor jumping over the water coming out of the hose to show he could cross moving water.

I was frustrated by the whole idea that no one thought to just leave him a note "Please stop killing our relatives--by the way, we have a treatment." Maybe he meant to do that to show that a monster/legend is created partly from lack of communication?

j0be
May 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Not having watched the movie, I thought the book was excellent--full of groundbreaking ideas. Like "The Passage" sort of a zombie vampire hybrid. I have a clear minds eye vision of his neighbor jumping over the water coming out of the hose to show he could cross moving water.

I was frustrated by the whole idea that no one thought to just leave him a note "Please stop killing our relatives--by the way, we have a treatment." Maybe he meant to do that to show that a monster/legend is created partly from lack of communication?

Sounds about right to me. Plus, Robert didn't have a way to distinguish one type from another. But I don't think the intelligent ones really cared much at all either. When they came to take him, they just laid waste to the ones ambling in front of his house.

mem
May 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
they were vamps in the movie too or did i miss something ?

j0be
May 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Yes, but with the way that they portrayed them in the movie, very few people caught that they were vampires. I talked to countless people who claimed it was a zombie flick.

Eviebae
May 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM

In the book, you could turn into one while you were alive or after you were dead. If you were alive, you could still think like a human, if you were dead you could think and plan but not fully so the alive ones put the dead ones down.

One thing that I thought was cool--the main character is immune because he was bitten by a vampire bat with the disease and recovered. He went around during the day and staked the vampires and he found that some just fell apart--like they had been a vampire before the plague.