PDA

View Full Version : XBox or PS3

Boomstick
May 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I am going to get either one soon and truthfully I am more leaning towards the PS3 but I want to hear a great debate on which system I should buy. The one attribute of the PS3 is the fact that is also a blu-ray player and the one attribute that sticks out to me about the Xbox is the online community. So I would like to hear yalls opinion and please tell me which system I should buy and why. Thanks!

MrRooni
May 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
There are a few things to consider:
- Types of games you want to play
- What your friends own
- What else you want to use your system for.

If you foresee yourself playing mostly online multiplayer games, then get the same console that the majority of your friends own. If your friends aren't gamers and you're looking to brave the wilds of online play by yourself, grab a 360.

If you're going to be playing mainly single player games I think the PS3 is a great choice. The game library is fantastic and the system has lots of life left in it.

Lastly, as you mentioned, the PS3 has a Blu-ray player. It's a great opportunity to pick up a game system and get a fantastic Blu-ray player at the same time.

I chose to get a PS3 because most of the games I play are single player, I love the 10-year product cycle Sony has put in place, the game library is fantastic, and Blu-ray movies are the way to go for me. Also, as time goes on more and more of my friends are getting PS3s, so the online community is building up there as well if I ever want to dive into some multiplayer games.

Hope that helps, cheers!

Boomstick
May 4th, 2011, 09:04 AM
thanks for the input Mr. Rooni!

j0be
May 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I really do enjoy my PS3, but there are cons to it as well. I have a bunch of friends who I swap games with for the PS3, which cuts my costs a lot. Top that off with no online subscription cost. No cost of ownership.

cycogod
May 4th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Get a Dreamcast....then a Sega Saturn....then a Nec Turbo Duo..huh then. ( buy both ) the 360 is great and the ps3 is multifunction and a great space heater or hand warmer and not to mention a awesome time waster .you spend half of your on time updating because Sony engineers are so great at ...I better stop. Thanks for reading

Craneses
May 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I am going to get either one soon and truthfully I am more leaning towards the PS3 but I want to hear a great debate on which system I should buy. The one attribute of the PS3 is the fact that is also a blu-ray player and the one attribute that sticks out to me about the Xbox is the online community. So I would like to hear yalls opinion and please tell me which system I should buy and why. Thanks!

I also suggest the Ps3, it's great so far, the playstation exclusive are also reallllyyyy good and addictive. =D