PDA

View Full Version : Sidebar dissapears permanently on firefox 4 [Fixed]

itsallgoodie
May 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
so, i found a new problem...or maybe im just dumb. I closed the sidebar on the main forum page (the thing with the donation button, the "top this" and "top that". I closed it by clicking the dirctional arrows. I remember there being arrows to bring it back when I have done this before but I no longer see them. Maybe I am missing them but I cant find them. How do we fix this?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
so, i found a new problem...or maybe im just dumb. I closed the sidebar on the main forum page (the thing with the donation button, the "top this" and "top that". I closed it by clicking the dirctional arrows. I remember there being arrows to bring it back when I have done this before but I no longer see them. Maybe I am missing them but I cant find them. How do we fix this?

With me (on Chrome), it's still there. The white label, with blue-ish ">>". It's on the left side of the forum, next to "Rules and Regulations".
If it's not there, could you provide a screenshot or tell us your OS and browser?

itsallgoodie
May 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CVSPD.png

i am using OS X 10.6.7 and I am using firefox 4.0.1.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CVSPD.png

i am using OS X 10.6.7 and I am using firefox 4.0.1.

Bug confirmed on Firefox 4.0.x - It's originally there, but once hidden the button to make it reappear indeed is gone.
Digging into the code later - it's 2:27 AM, and I've got driving lessons tomorrow. Having a good night of sleep would be nice.

addition: In case any other admin feels like debugging, the code for the sidebar is nested in Body -> div (class:Body_Wrapper) -> div (id:sidebar_container)

The sidebar container-div has a style attribute setting the width to 0pt. When modified (trough a plugin like Firebug) the icon (to bring back the sidebar) will appear near the bottom of the page.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2qbxfkl.png

itsallgoodie
May 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
alright i can do that. I know my way around firebug quite well, can i click it when edited through FB?

cPT.cAPSLOCK
May 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Haven't tried that as my first priority was making it reappear again.
Give it a try and report back with your findings ;)

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'll look at this in a second

itsallgoodie
May 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
So i changed it in FB and clicked it and now i have my sidebar back. So for now I am set. But if we can find a fix for it so a user who is not as technically inclined as us doesnt have to deal with this bug. Let me know if i can help change it or anything. I just dont know where to go from here so I am looking to you two.

Kc
May 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Oops. I tested it, and now it's gone... HA HA! That's what I get.

j0be
May 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Whelp, it's not a javascript error. More testing... AWAY!!!

itsallgoodie
May 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
ya i got mine back with the firebug fix--just manually changing it. but there has to be a way to change what its set to right?

StepLaugh
May 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
I'm using FF4 and it's still there.

ObamaCat
May 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm using FF4 and it's still there.

If you close the sidebar on FF4, or any version of FF I believe, the button won't reappear. You need to manipulate the script (possibly the wrong term, Goodie feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p ) to get it back.

itsallgoodie
May 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM
nah you were right...this never got fixed though...or i dont think it did. D: I cant edit the scripts, WE NEED A HERO! J0BE, Where Are You?

COsurvivor
May 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Bug confirmed on Firefox 4.0.x - It's originally there, but once hidden the button to make it reappear indeed is gone.
Digging into the code later - it's 2:27 AM, and I've got driving lessons tomorrow. Having a good night of sleep would be nice.

addition: In case any other admin feels like debugging, the code for the sidebar is nested in Body -> div (class:Body_Wrapper) -> div (id:sidebar_container)

The sidebar container-div has a style attribute setting the width to 0pt. When modified (trough a plugin like Firebug) the icon (to bring back the sidebar) will appear near the bottom of the page.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2qbxfkl.png

I see the line to change, but exactly do I need to change? I mean what section should I change... I just want to be sure before I screw my browser up.

j0be
May 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
It is fixed! Here's what I added to the style sheet

#content_container[style*='margin-left: 0pt;'], #content_container[style*='margin-left: 0px;'] {margin-left:-60px !important;}
#sidebar_container {min-width: 28px !important;}

itsallgoodie
May 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
awesome! that should work!