May 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM
Here's the new thread!

Zombiehead
May 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
First! (I couldn't help myself)

Hellbringer
May 1st, 2011, 10:17 PM
First! (I couldn't help myself)

lol, I thought about doing that myself. Staying up watching the news so it's way past my bedtime.

Back to the topic in hand, I can't wait to download this and listen to it.

ObamaCat
May 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM
*Rubs hands together*

Stoked. I am.

timberwoof
May 1st, 2011, 10:56 PM
Can't wait.

Guestmaster
May 1st, 2011, 11:23 PM
Judging by this chapter's cover art, I wouldn't be surprised to find Osama in the Arena.

Walrusgus
May 2nd, 2011, 01:26 AM
:o I can't wait!

TCM Revolver
May 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
A full frontal assault on the arena?!?! Pippen has to be a mole. Even Datu said it's amazing he made it as far as he did smelling like that.

And why did Durai head south? Maybe he took a crew to try and invade the colony.

AdrianHD
May 2nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Awesome episode! I've gotta say though, the first ad this episode was... interesting haha.

This episode proves a few things:
-The mallers knew about the arena... but how?
-Durai is still alive. Scratch says she has to report back. Is he near though? They already left the strip mall.
-Pippen is still sketchy, while he had a viable story, his wounds were fresh.
-Riley thought of Lizzy as a bit "more" than a friend.
-The mallers aren't as knowledgable as some may think. They don't know how the tower called the zombies.

Anyway, so with the arena now done. Where's Paul/Ink/smart zombie going to go? He was out of there beforehand, is he going to look for another place to gather?

This was almost a suicide run for the mallers. Where were they headed after? I imagine if Pippen is a plant, they were using him as a source to figure out when they can have the tower. The mallers are desperate at this point.

VeritableHero
May 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Nice to have confirmation that Durai is still alive. The group going south for supplies - maybe they'll run into the colony?

KC also made it clear that the mallers don't know about smell attracting zombies. Couple that with the comment from Datu about Pippen and I hope the tower will realize he's a mole very quickly.

Who else is surprised that they actually went to blow up the arena? I wonder what intel Durai & Co. had that made them do it. The tower only found out about it because of the trackers. Maybe the mole offered that information to the mallers?

Also - the arm of the zombie was significant! The number 5 and the arm that "doesn't look like it was ever human" helps provide support to theories of genetic testing. This is probably the best part of the episode for me.

AdrianHD
May 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Also - the arm of the zombie was significant! The number 5 and the arm that "doesn't look like it was ever human" helps provide support to theories of genetic testing. This is probably the best part of the episode for me.

Forgot to mention that. That's definitely going to be very significant coming up.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
I love that so many things that we talked about on We're Not Dead were answered with this part. There were plenty of tantalizing new bits as well.

The arm

It's long and pale (could be just the disease/zombification), but most of the normals have been described as pretty normal looking plus bruises and gashes
The blood was thick. After being severed, it bled for quite a while. Not fully sure on the normal flow of blood from a severed limb, but I'm thinking it's slower in this instance
Tattooed #5 - you can read into this all you want. Could be genetic testing, could be many other things though. It could be something that "Ink" or "The one with the markings" has been tattooing to his faithful, could just be a gang tattoo (although, unlikely)
"Endless fingers" - Not quite sure what this meant, but I'm guessing it means it had more than 5
Filed? fingernails - are they filed or are they designed that way (genetically)

Hmm, not sure if the math is wrong, but Tardust has some funky math regarding the tankers. There were 6 surviving tankers, and 4 that didn't make it. However, he says they needed 8, and that he had even added 1 more tanker in case of breaking down. That would be 9. Nothing important. Maybe I just am not understanding it the way I should.

Adrian, I'm not sure if Riley views Lizzy as "more" than a friend. It appeared to me in that discussion that she was just upset about her close friend.

Mikethebassist
May 2nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Loved the episode. Really great, Music was amazing as usual. Riley really has me irked. I understand shes upset about lizzy, but I think she is going to be a huge liability to the tower at the rate she is going.

HardKor
May 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Amazing episode. When the Arena went up it was very hard for me to resist the urge to jump up and start cheering.

Riley's reaction to Lizzy is practically Saul levels. I'm starting to wonder if there might be a rivalry developing between Riley and Saul.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Wow Riley way to be a bitch. Claire Dodin said that her sexuality would be revealed, well if she was going to be straight, that roof top would have been a great place for her to have kissed Angel, or...

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Wow Riley way to be a bitch. Claire Dodin said that her sexuality would be revealed, well if she was going to be straight, that roof top would have been a great place for her to have kissed Angel, or revealed that they'd hooked up. Also my hookup theory as to why riley wasnt in her room, and why Angel was so eager to go back to bed, was totally wrong and thats totally lame. I wouldnt say this solidifies that she's a lesbian, but it's yet another nail in her coffin. (not that her being gay is a bad thing, I just wanted her and Angel to hook up ) Oh and if she IS gay, then what is she doing all in love with Lizzy? That’s not cool, she’s with saul. Lesbian or not, there is a code here.

Also, she said she was out getting a cigarette... :D

Second, on the point that the Mallers are dumb.

I know I jumped on the bash the mallers train, but I don't really think they are dumb. When z-day happens you scramble to protect yourself, if you're prepared or not. But also, learning what people know about the "zombies" depends on what experiences you have with them. If you never had the experience to learn a specific element, you might never have known it.

---
Also, I know I was totally wrong on WND when I said that when the maller scouts went up to the arena, they would return and say to avoid it.

Bulldog711
May 2nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
What an episode.......this was the most confusing and fast paced episode yet.......I am still trying to figure out what happened at the Arena, Tardust is a pussy...big time. All I gather is that their Axle broke, they detonated the bomb, and they are stuck. You couldnt hear an engine running, or them having a collision that would hurt the frame of the truck. I am really lost, someone please tell me what happened with Bricks, Tardust, and Lizzy

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
What an episode.......this was the most confusing and fast paced episode yet.......I am still trying to figure out what happened at the Arena, Tardust is a pussy...big time. All I gather is that their Axle broke, they detonated the bomb, and they are stuck. You couldnt hear an engine running, or them having a collision that would hurt the frame of the truck. I am really lost, someone please tell me what happened with Bricks, Tardust, and Lizzy

they stayed in the truck because they were just outside, or really close to being outside the bomb's kill radius. So getting out and running wouldnt have done them any good, they hunkered down and tried to survive the blast. I'm pretty sure they'll live. They might be injured, may blow out an ear drum, but they'll be fine for the most part

Cutting-T
May 2nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Nice episode, now we're focusing on the zombies and I like that a LOT. Now, considering these 'little' ones seem to be quite new, maybe they are created by INK, or by someone higher-up who isn't a zombie? If it is Ink, I believe that when Datu and other humans got taken to the arena, maybe it was 'Experiments' that Ink was performing. Maybe...just maybe... (wild theory in 3...2...1.) Samantha will return as a zombie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

@Bulldog711

K.C. loves his cliffhangers! :)

P.S. @Ra1th

Angel doesn't deserve Riley :P

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
P.S. @Ra1th

Angel doesn't deserve Riley :P

http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=542&d=1303111660

Me n' Angel say screw youuuuuuuu :p
jk

WestonWisdom
May 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Lesbian or not, there is a code here.

It's hard to change the way you feel because of a "rule", I can imagine it being even worse if you are lesbian or gay, it not exactly a large pool to begin with.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=542&d=1303111660

FTFY
http://i.imgur.com/5nMV6.jpg
And Buscemi while I'm at it
http://i.imgur.com/e8yDH.jpg

Kc
May 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
FTFY

That looks creepy! BTW.- The zombie scream winners are all in this episode. It's hard to locate them with so much going on, but they are all there-

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hmm, not sure if the math is wrong, but Tardust has some funky math regarding the tankers. There were 6 surviving tankers, and 4 that didn't make it. However, he says they needed 8, and that he had even added 1 more tanker in case of breaking down. That would be 9. Nothing important. Maybe I just am not understanding it the way I should.

I just re listened to this part again, And he says there are 6 surviving tankers, and then scratch says there should have been 3 tankers behind you. Tar replies that there were 4 tankers behind them that were lost in the ambush. And that he'd brought along1 extra tankers just to make sure that they had enough. So the original convoy had 10 tankers, and they lost 4 tankers so now they have 6 tankers right?

Curtis Allegra
May 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
great episode. i wonder if the mallers always had a plan to blow up the arena. just had a thought remembering back when saul, burt and lizzy took one of their tankers in chapter 5 and latch and scratch were trying to get it back. hmm... there needs to be more info on what the mallers know.

timberwoof
May 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Looks like Ink made it back to the arena before it was blown. Same Howl...

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
There was a second call, Right as they began the attack on the arena @ 16:44,There was INK's call, the one we all know so well, But then, right after that, there was a second call, this one was different, it was more hollow. I don't know if there is a significance to this or not, it might just be that Kc and Co had to fit in all the zombie growl winners, but maybe there is a difference between the colored one and the marked one

timberwoof
May 2nd, 2011, 12:20 PM
There was a second call, Right as they began the attack on the arena @ 16:44,There was INK's call, the one we all know so well, But then, right after that, there was a second call, this one was different, it was more hollow. I don't know if there is a significance to this or not, it might just be that Kc and Co had to fit in all the zombie growl winners, but maybe there is a difference between the colored one and the marked one

I noticed that too. It doesn't sound like the same person.

timberwoof
May 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Okay I'm gonna go back on what I said in another thread and say it makes a lot of since the Mallers knew about the arena. Sending scouts out to find supplies and food they had to have come across it. Durai seems to be going south to scout the Colony, because 40 Radios with 40 Channels, they had to have heard the call Michael sent out. Durai would be the more likely person to scout south because he wouldn't trust a possible stealth mission to anybody else but his most trusted. He sent the rest of his lackies north to the tower to blow it up and probably distract the creatures for a while. I honestly think Durai has known about the arena for quite some time now, because Latch and Scratch said he had a plan for the tankers in a previous chapter.

Prediction: Bricks is going to end up saving Lizzy because he finally figures out she knows more than they thought about how the creatures operate. Tower sends a small scouting party to the arena to figure out what happened, and come across Bricks and Lizzy. Tardust gets attacked by a creature while they are trying to escape after the explosion. Lizzy finally figures out she's prego.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Okay I'm gonna go back on what I said in another thread and say it makes a lot of since the Mallers knew about the arena. Sending scouts out to find supplies and food they had to have come across it. Durai seems to be going south to scout the Colony, because 40 Radios with 40 Channels, they had to have heard the call Michael sent out. Durai would be the more likely person to scout south because he wouldn't trust a possible stealth mission to anybody else but his most trusted. He sent the rest of his lackies north to the tower to blow it up and probably distract the creatures for a while. I honestly think Durai has known about the arena for quite some time now, because Latch and Scratch said he had a plan for the tankers in a previous chapter.

Prediction: Bricks is going to end up saving Lizzy because he finally figures out she knows more than they thought about how the creatures operate. Tower sends a small scouting party to the arena to figure out what happened, and come across Bricks and Lizzy. Tardust gets attacked by a creature while they are trying to escape after the explosion. Lizzy finally figures out she's prego.

It may very well be that the reason Durai is down south is not because he's scouting the area, but because he's meeting with the Gatekeeper, and they've reached an agreement of sorts. either way, Durai must have been down at the colony, and IN THE SAME AREA AS THE TOWER WHILE THEY WERE THERE.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
One thing you're all kind of forgetting or not thinking about was the range limitation on the CB radios. If the tower didn't hear it, it's more than likely the mallers didn't either (at least from their mall headquarters)

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
One thing you're all kind of forgetting or not thinking about was the range limitation on the CB radios. If the tower didn't hear it, it's more than likely the mallers didn't either (at least from their mall headquarters)

tar said that the mallers have moved on to something bigger and better than CB radios, I think they have a set up similar to that of the colony, Which is why they may have been in contact, and that may be why Durai is down south right now

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
tar said that the mallers have moved on to something bigger and better than CB radios, I think they have a set up similar to that of the colony, Which is why they may have been in contact, and that may be why Durai is down south right now

Maybe, but here's the problems I have with that. CB radio reaches 25 miles in optimum conditions. It isn't picked up by 'other radios', so it's doubtful that they picked up Michael's broadcast at the actual mall.

Now, whether they've made contact. Doubtful, at least, according to Glenn. Glenn said that it had been a while since he had made any outgoing transmissions. Also, I would consider the mallers as living in LA, and multiple people in the colony said they hadn't thought anyone was left from LA.

timberwoof
May 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm kinda wondering if Skittles learned to mimic the Howlers. More than likely wrong but that would be cool if he ended up be the second howl.

nikvoodoo
May 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
In regards to the secondary howl we're all talking about, we have heard that before back in chapter 13.

This again goes back into how many super pimp zombies are there. The mallers leading the assault did stop so its possible the one in the pin stripe suit had a chance to overtake the convoy

laxspartan007
May 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
the episode is not buffferning/loading for me, it looks like its playing but i hear nothing and the bar doesnt move...

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
the episode is not buffferning/loading for me, it looks like its playing but i hear nothing and the bar doesnt move...

Here is a direct link to the .mp3 (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/itpc/wwwwaylandws/Wayland_Productions/Were_Alive_-_Podcast/rssxml/~5/t8CS3RClN8I/wa-21-2-markofthebeast.mp3). Let me know if that works

laxspartan007
May 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
no, its working now, last time it did that to me i had to wait 2 days for it to work again, this time i just closed the webpage and all the tabs and pull it back up...i guess its just MY computer...

thanks for the quick help tho

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
If it happens again, try pressing F5

laxspartan007
May 2nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
well i know how to refresh, i already tried that multiple times, i had to close my web browser for it to work.

shadow
May 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
I have a question though, was tarsier trying to make a homemade thermobarric bomb or were they just hoping to use all of the tankers for a huge explosion? He seemed like he was trying to figure out the safe distance there at the end.

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
well i know how to refresh, i already tried that multiple times, i had to close my web browser for it to work.

If you're on a mac, hold CMD+F5 (cache refresh)
If you're on a PC, hold ctrl+F5 (cache refresh)

Pikepaw
May 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Finally knowing that Durai is alive is good, even though he is a liar who is probably a sociopath or a psychopath to be in charge of the Mallers <br />
Pippin is up to nothing good, I'm definitely thinking...

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
I wouldnt really call the ending a cliff hanger, the explosion happened. And I'll bet you anything that lizzy, bricks and tar survived, maybe they're a bit banged up but they're alive.

Also, people give the mallers credit. They are not stupid criminals. Some of them are. But not all of them. Pikepaw brought up a good point. Tardust, at first glance seems like a coward, a rapist and a monster, but he's also the one who masterminded the explosives attack on the arena. Second, the mallers do not have to depend on the tower for information on the zombies. Without a doubt Durai is a brilliant type of guy, maybe a bit of a sociopath, but that's it. He's not crazy, he's not dumb, and he doesnt take shit from anyone. And honestly, with a guy like that, he's probably a better leader than Michael. While the tower has been barely surviving, the mallers have been conquering the post apocalyptic world. I mean that very literally. While the tower has been hanging on for dear life and fighting for survival, looking for a doctor, etc, the mallers have been out on the streets. They have a lot more people than the tower, so they have a much bigger reach, they have larger convoys, and motorpools because they have more moutsh to feed, and they have information on the zombies that WE as an audience are not privy to. In an earlier conversation with Kc, the topic came up that there is a reason the mallers can move around in large groups without worrying about zombie attacks (ex: the war, when they showed up with an army at the towers front door, at NIGHT). Do not underestimate the mallers.

I like the tardust/bricks pairing, Bricks has this dumb brawn and loyalty to him, and tardust has this cowardice/brains to him, they work well together. Although I think lizzy has been really annoying lately because she doesnt come off clearly, or she reveals secrets that should not be revealed.

Pippin, everything about this guy seems off. Starting with the deliverance of his lines, he pauses like he's making sure his story adds up, and tanya says that his wounds seem fresh. If he was a slave, then his wounds would have been acquired over a long period of time, and he'd have been constantly beaten for his failures. His wounds are fresh, as though he was beaten to a pulp and thrown out right in front of the tower so he could infiltrate it.

Another interesting thought came to me, cause i was listening to the season 1 box set in the car today, and I was on the purgatory chapter. We don't know what happened to samantha... We think she died. We assume she was played with and killed as entertainment, but what if she wasn't? Datu never looked out the window, what if those screams were from something else... These small ones, they seem like they've been engineered and we know they've been marked. The one brick's killed had the number 5 on it. There's not enough information on it. But it's something to worth noting I think.

ObamaCat
May 2nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Wow. KC, you've done it again. Fantastic episode.

Durai alive? Cool, cool. Arena attacked by the Mallers? Pfft called it :p.

What intrigues me the most this episode is what the Mallers are up to down South. Setting up at the Colony or the Island are my two best guesses. As for our friend Pippin, the mole theory is beginning to seem more and more likely to be true. His story about escaping when the Mallers moved doesn't match up since Scratch said she was going to "drop him off". Unless Scratch took him back to the Mall, proceeded to beat him up, and he somehow made his way to the Tower unscathed, he's a mole.

As for the ending of the episode, I believe Tar, Bricks and Lizzy are going to become separated from the Mallers. Scratch might think they were taken out in the blast or something and they'll have to fend for themselves. Lizzy and Bricks will become bffs and either kill Tar or he'll defect to the Tower alongside Bricks (not likely).

I think that's all I have to contribute at the moment. I'll give 21 - 2 a relisten and see what else comes to mind :)

Th3_T3ch
May 2nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Skittles said the little ones showed up later than the rest so maybe, and this is a big maybe, INK made them out of people from the arena.

ObamaCat
May 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Skittles said the little ones showed up later than the rest so maybe, and this is a big maybe, INK made them out of people from the arena.

Hell at this point, that seems like a very likely theory.

nikvoodoo
May 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
1. If TOWTM/Ink made the little ones, I'm disappointed because that should be an impossible task as both sid and I pointed out last month. The piecing together of pieces of flesh and allowing them coordinated and advanced brain functions simply shouldn't be possible.

2. Ra1th, its not spelled out but Datu pounded on the window, and hear what sounds like his hands streak against the glass as we hear Samantha's screams stop. He also says to himself don't look or stop looking, so anymething to that effect. I'd be very surprised if she comes back in any way shape or form other than a memory.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Who said anything about piecing one of these things together? I'm more interested in a queen theory. Or some sort of biological way for this to happen. A different strain of the virus maybe.

And i'm not saying Samantha is going to come back, but how do you know she died and that she wasnt turned? There's really no way to prove it. I'm wondering if there is a deeper reason to the zombies taking humans alive than just entertainment.

Kiwi of the Dead
May 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM

I'll go with it. It sounds like the little ones were definitely manufactured, but they haven't shown up until now.

I have to wonder, though, how did the Mallers find the Arena? And how much do they really know? Obviously enough that they want to blow it up, but still, they seem pretty inexperienced with the zombies.

Pippin's definitely a rat. Whether he's legitimately a former slave or not is hard to say, but he's pitching his sob story awfully hard. ("Nooo, they're coming for meeee!") My prediction is that he'll be captured, which will fill the Tower residents in on the Maller's plans and current situation. I can see him eventually defecting (or maybe just getting thrown out on his ass) but he'll always be a rat.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
I have to wonder, though, how did the Mallers find the Arena? And how much do they really know? Obviously enough that they want to blow it up, but still, they seem pretty inexperienced with the zombies.

How do you know the mallers are inexperienced with zombies? We know very little about the mallers, and how they've been surviving for the past couple of months, they may know things the tower doesnt know, and they might not know everything the tower knows. Doesnt mean they're completely ignorant, especially with someone like Durai as their leader

Mikeyd2tall
May 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
very interesting episode and im starting to feel like lizzy is getting some Stockholm syndrome for bricks (and i guess the tiniest bit tardust.) and id really like bricks to maybe go to the tower later in the series.
also on rileys feelings...i think she loves lizzy and angel, and cant decide so shes stuck between depression and confusion.
and also i think pippin might actually be the real deal. or at least im secretly hoping so we can get at least ONE british dude XD

wh33t
May 2nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Is it just me or do the episodes seem to be getting shorter?! It's painful to live an existence waiting 7 days for less than 20 minutes of story, so I guess the We're Alive crew must be doing something right. I can't get enough of this radio drama.

I've thought for a while this whole Zombie thing was from Radon labs. The tattoo of the number 5, well it seems unlikely the a human scientist would tattoo their subjects. Have you guys ever heard of scientists tattooing lab rats? Don't they normally "tag" them somehow with a bracelet? I'm open to feedback on this.

If Lizzie and Angel were compatible you'd think we'd know it by now.

I'm personally hoping that in 21-3 the Tower crew arrives at the Arena and Saul kicks the living shit out of that rapist.

I'm definitely thinking Pipping is some kind of spy. Don't the Zombies sniff out blood and human scents? How could he have made that journey all by his lonesome? Didn't it take Saul a considerable amount of time to make that distance and he was even on a dirt bike. Probably the easiest vehicle to maneuver on the roads.

AdrianHD
May 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Is it just me or do the episodes seem to be getting shorter?! It's painful to live an existence waiting 7 days for less than 20 minutes of story, so I guess the We're Alive crew must be doing something right. I can't get enough of this radio drama.

Nah, if anything, the recent episodes have been longer.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM

About 40 hours of work goes into each episode of each chapter. They don't get paid for this, they do it on their free time. So basically, after they're done working their normal day jobs, instead of hanging out and enjoying their weekends and their weeknights, they work on this podcast. It's really unfair to complain about episodes being short.

wh33t
May 2nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
About 40 hours of work goes into each episode of each chapter. They don't get paid for this, they do it on their free time. So basically, after they're done working their normal day jobs, instead of hanging out and enjoying their weekends and their weeknights, they work on this podcast. It's really unfair to complain about episodes being short.

No one is complaining. I'm fully aware of the passion that consumes and motivates these artists.

Guestmaster
May 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'm curious to see what happens when all those special zombies get released into the city. No more Arena to hide in/go about their biddings.

Kiwi of the Dead
May 2nd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I'm curious to see what happens when all those special zombies get released into the city. No more Arena to hide in/go about their biddings.

Yeah, I can kind of see the destruction of the Arena pissing off the zombies more than hurting them. Think rock + nest of hornets. :(

j0be
May 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM

Actually, KC said they don't get paid what they should. I know they don't. But they might be being paid something.

cycogod
May 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think Ink is creating these "little ones" as his tools.(hence the numbers) Was his ritual in the rink a ceremony or a mating session? The description of there flesh being very white suggests new born. They may not stay little very long. Very cool character development

AdrianHD
May 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I think Ink is creating these "little ones" as his tools.(hence the numbers) Was his ritual in the rink a ceremony or a mating session? The description of there flesh being very white suggests new born. They may not stay little very long. Very cool character development

Possibly! Remember the description, "fresh ink."

Eviebae
May 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Regarding the tattoo

I still can't decide between continuously evolving zomboids, aliens or lab primates.

The number 5 seems like an identification marking of some sort--prolly lab--made by humans who write with roman numerals. This would mean that the little ones were either the first infected, the source of the infection or a final stage of mutation.

Tardust made it seem like Durai knew something about the infection that made it imperative they attack the arena.

Isn't it interesting that each of the villains have a mark of some kind?
Ink - tattoos
Scratch - scar
Pippin - wounds
seems like there's another I can't remember...

wh33t
May 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM

Oh god, mating. Barf ** but excellent concept for the story line.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM

What if the mating wasnt with one of the infected... What if it was with a human?

ObamaCat
May 2nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
What if the mating wasnt with one of the infected... What if it was with a human?

Samantha + Ink =

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff361/ObamaCatz/si_jockey_closeup.jpg

Zombiehead
May 2nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
This Durai fellow has become more interesting to me after this episode. Has no one suspected he knows something our Tower folks don't know? He claims to be a marksman and, like Michael has done in the past, refuses to give any details about his prior service or rank. If he truly is military as we suspect, he may know details about the initial assualt on LA. (Was it ever confirmed he truly was locked up at Eastern Bay?) If Durai ordered the Mallers to gather tankers early in the game, that means he knew about the Arena a long time ago. Scratch implied that Durai had an understanding about the creatures and organized the attack operation to cripple their stronghold and escape south. So what tidbit of information does Durai have that our Tower has yet to discover?

Without a doubt Durai is a brilliant type of guy, maybe a bit of a sociopath, but that's it. He's not crazy, he's not dumb, and he doesnt take shit from anyone. And honestly, with a guy like that, he's probably a better leader than Michael. While the tower has been barely surviving, the mallers have been conquering the post apocalyptic world. I mean that very literally. While the tower has been hanging on for dear life and fighting for survival, looking for a doctor, etc, the mallers have been out on the streets. They have a lot more people than the tower, so they have a much bigger reach, they have larger convoys, and motorpools because they have more moutsh to feed, and they have information on the zombies that WE as an audience are not privy to. In an earlier conversation with Kc, the topic came up that there is a reason the mallers can move around in large groups without worrying about zombie attacks (ex: the war, when they showed up with an army at the towers front door, at NIGHT). Do not underestimate the mallers.
Look what steps they took to survive. Slavery, tranny, hostile takeovers, random killngs, slaying of survivors.

Ra1th
May 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Look what steps they took to survive. Slavery, tranny, hostile takeovers, random killngs, slaying of survivors.

hey I'm not saying i'd wanna live there. These are not good people, and their methods are terrifying but it works...

As for is Durai a better leader than Michael, try ruling the mallers with a democracy and peace and kindness and love. They'll eat you alive. They have to be controlled, and Durai's pimp hand is strong. Would Michael have the ability to keep a group like the mallers under control? I don't know, but I guarantee you that Durai could rule over the tower with fear.

Zombiehead
May 2nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Michael didn't rule with any of those things either. None of the faction leaders have. All groups have their flaws and are deteriorating due to the human factor. Mallers and their methods are no exception.

Ra1th
May 3rd, 2011, 12:10 AM
Michael didn't rule with any of those things either. None of the faction leaders have. All groups have their flaws and are deteriorating due to the human factor. Mallers and their methods are no exception.

I think my main point was just to tell off the people who were saying that the mallers are idiots and that they could not have gathered intel on the mallers by themselves without getting it from the tower.

I just wanted to point out that with Durai as their leader, the mallers are exponentially more dangerous because they have both brawn and brains now, while the tower kinda has to get by on brains alone

Mugwump
May 3rd, 2011, 01:04 AM
Something fishy going on with Angel imo. He seemed very aggressive towards Pippin and seemed to want to talk over him and shut him up until Michael stepped in. I think it wont be long before there will be a revelation about Angel and he will get found out. Not saying he is the mole as i am convinced that is Saul, but I do think Angel is hiding something.

wh33t
May 3rd, 2011, 02:56 AM
Something fishy going on with Angel imo. He seemed very aggressive towards Pippin and seemed to want to talk over him and shut him up until Michael stepped in. I think it wont be long before there will be a revelation about Angel and he will get found out. Not saying he is the mole as i am convinced that is Saul, but I do think Angel is hiding something.

You think Saul is the mole? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
Some thoughts after a few listens:

I think the fingers go on forever comment was more referring to length rather than number. i picture the little ones to look just like the children in Dead Space 2. Short with long lanky arms and claws.

As much as I'd love to see someone from the tower find out about Pippen being a spy and take out some much needed frustration on him, I don't think anyone at the Tower will be doing that with Michael around. Doesn't seem like the type of thin he would allow.

I agree that Angel seems a bit irritable with Pippen. maybe he knows something, maybe he is just suspicious and untrusting now. Can't blame him for that.

Lizzy, Tar and Bricks are definitely left behind by the convoy now, probably assumed dead. With limited resources and possible injuries I think they will create a strong bond in the episodes to come. Probably finding their way back to the tower. Where I gotta think Lizzy makes up a story about what happened in the furniture store so Saul doesn't go ape on Tar. At least not right away. Eventually he will find out though. I look forward to Bricks converting to the good guys. I like his character as a big sweetie. Also he doesn't waste ammo when he can tear off limbs instead.

My other theory is that The Tower sends out a scouting party to check on the Arena, or maybe Bert makes his way over there after hearing the explosion and runs into Lizzie, Tar and Bricks.

How mad are Tar and Bricks after being left behind? Mad enough to defect and reveal the Mallers true plan? Seems like something Bricks would spill in conversation with Lizzie. If given the chance does Lizzie run for her life? Or does she have a friendly bond with Bricks now too? And maybe even with Tar after the next ep? I can't really see anyone forgiving someone who tried to rape them, on any level, for the sake of survival I'm sure anything goes.

Well that's a long winded rant that needs to end. Right about now.

kdalton
May 3rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Okay, interesting episode. The mallers are on the offensive. One thing confused me - did the fire the Tower folks saw happen before the mallers attacked their target or was the narrative just telling what had already happened out of sequence? I need to listen again. At first blush I thought there were two separate targets being hit.

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Same target, each side of the story was on its own timeline, not sequential. That's how I figured it anyway.

wiffadabiffa
May 3rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
Same target, each side of the story was on its own timeline, not sequential. That's how I figured it anyway.

I liked this episode because of this...I like it when they alternate between the different stories going on in but sometimes I just want to know whats going on in one of the stories and I just go....GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Wicked Sid
May 3rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
I think that the little ones weren't created but that the tattoo was an identifier for the generation in which they were first seen.

There are most likely no gen 1's (Slow, Scars) left, possibly no gen 2's (Jumpers), Runners are possibly gen 3 and Behemoths are probably Gen 4. TOWTM and/or Ink counts himself as Gen 0.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
A full frontal assault on the arena?!?! Pippen has to be a mole. Even Datu said it's amazing he made it as far as he did smelling like that.

And why did Durai head south? Maybe he took a crew to try and invade the colony.

I told ya.. I told ya.. i told ya! Neh, neh, neh! LOL.
Just having a good time with ya man. I knew Durai was still calling the shots. Yes Sir! Scratch is a field leader not a planner. Durai is the general and assaulting the Arena to clean it out was always in his personality type. He's a proactive dude not defensive minded at all.

The ambush was amazing. Routing them through the trees was pure de..genious! Choke points, single access to egress, cover, concealment, suprise, speed and ground preparation. That was some Sun Tzu type ish right there son!
Our friend in the suit was just chill'n and observing.

I bet Durai went to the Airport

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Holy Cow Ra1th.. I couldn't have said that better.. <br />
People forget how..um,, industrial and inventive prisoners can be. They're creative out of survival needs. Necessity being the mother of...

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
I think the weapon is an RPG or grenade launcher. Something capable of big damage in a bind.

mem
May 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
listened last night finally and my heart was trying to beat through my chest. great episode.

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I think the weapon is an RPG or grenade launcher. Something capable of big damage in a bind.

Would one of those fit in a wall safe? Seems like those would be a little too large to store in something like that. And assuming they are the ones who raided the Military base, are those the types of items that would be kept there? Seems like that would be mentioned by Angel, Saul or Michael as an option to have a high explosive at the ready.

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
If its from Burts wall safe...anything is possible.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Would one of those fit in a wall safe? Seems like those would be a little too large to store in something like that. And assuming they are the ones who raided the Military base, are those the types of items that would be kept there? Seems like that would be mentioned by Angel, Saul or Michael as an option to have a high explosive at the ready.

That would depend on Scratch's definition of "A Safe." Remember Burt called his weapons room a safe too.
What could the weapon be?

mem
May 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
:mad:Pippin ---- what in the monkey &&&&&&& a football friday hell is the deal. I really gave the tower folks more credit in sniffing out something that doesnt smell right. Yes I know that I as the listener am privvy to more info than they are at the moment and have heard things they have not but why would they not be a little more cautious with this guy. All kinds of odd things are happening and this guy just strolls up all beat to hell and they take him in and clean him up, which is the humane thing to do. But am I not correct in thinking that he is already up on a higher floor and closer to where he can stir up some trouble if he is indeed a plant as we are led to assume? I need several of you to set me straight on this as I can't yell at the episode anymore than i have about this.

j0be
May 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
I need several of you to set me straight on this as I can't yell at the episode anymore than i have about this.

They definitely haven't finished vetting him. I'm pretty sure there will be more suspicion from Michael, Angel, and others. However, at the time, they have more pressing matters. I think they are keeping a close eye on him.

But here's a devil's advocate type of theory. :P

What if the bruises aren't from the mallers? What if Pippen is a slow turner like Tanya had described? (Our first description of the zombies are that they were covered in bruises)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Weren't they described as "sores?" Anyway, those were the first cases of infected and Pippen is talking in complete sentences.
Tonya is experienced enough to be able to tell the difference between bruises caused by blunt force trauma (hemotoma) and someone with a disorder and she's pretty intimate with the details concerning the infection stages.

Pippen says he was with the Mallers, but not WITH them. What does that mean and how did a Brit end up with them in the first place?

It'll be pretty hard to be a mole when they know he's a maller. It'd be hard to be sneaky when everyone has an eye on you.
I think Pippen is going to be more of an asset to the tower than a liability. He'll be able to give them intel on what is going on with the Mallers.

clem131
May 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
I am a little confused about what happens in this episode, can you help me out? Two things:
- if the arm is stuck in the tanker Lizzie & Co are in, how comes they notice its length and color and everything just when it's dropped on the ground? I mean, it was in the car with them. Also "Get out of the car" "the arm is on my way" doesn't make sense to me O_o. You open the door and the arm falls out, done.
- what happens at the arena? they planned to detonate the tankers or did they have a bomb? The first doesn't make sense to me as they are actually inside the tankers and it would be suicide, the second doesn't explain then why they bring tankers and not something smaller and nimble.

Crocketman
May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
I love this role that is developing for Bricks... Either Tar will be dead or severely pissed when they come to and all the mallers have abandoned them. So either Tar tries to attack/rape Lizzie again and Bricks defends her or Bricks goes with Lizzie back to the tower protecting Lizzie the entire time ripping zombies in half with his bear hands.... either gaining Saul's trust or his enmity.

Ra1th
May 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
@Crowbar How did a Brit end up in LA? It's a big city, lots of different cultures, its not far fetched that he's british.

@J0be
I don't think he's a slow turner, because if that was the case then a scratch or an open wound would have been mentioned. He's covered in bruises but bruises wont turn you. He just seems like a good way to wrap up the mole issue.

You know if the whole raping thing hadn't happened, I would have liked tardust, He's kinda growin on me, him and bricks are just like pinky and the brain, except the brain rapes people... and pinky kills zombies

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
@Crowbar How did a Brit end up in LA? It's a big city, lots of different cultures, its not far fetched that he's british.

@J0be
I don't think he's a slow turner, because if that was the case then a scratch or an open wound would have been mentioned. He's covered in bruises but bruises wont turn you. He just seems like a good way to wrap up the mole issue.

You know if the whole raping thing hadn't happened, I would have liked tardust, He's kinda growin on me, him and bricks are just like pinky and the brain, except the brain rapes people... and pinky kills zombies

The only Brits I ever see are on vacation..er, HOLIDAY and not expats. LOL. Ok, so I'll buy that for a dollar.

Clem131.. I think the damn arm was still moving while they were driving.. i think! it still trying to get them would have been creepy. LOL.

j0be
May 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
@J0be, I don't think he's a slow turner, because if that was the case then a scratch or an open wound would have been mentioned. He's covered in bruises but bruises wont turn you. He just seems like a good way to wrap up the mole issue.

Just playing the devil's advocate. But remember the person Victor described as having a gash on their foot. (Or am I merging Pegs with someone, hmm.) What I'm saying with that is maybe he's infected in ways not that visible, eg: Tommy was infected without wounds. What if Pippen was forced to become infected? It would be an insidious move by the Mallers to force infect someone, and then get them to get inside the tower. :D

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
wait! Tommy was wounded... sort of. He had a cut did he not? Even if he was infected he'd have turned already and he wouldn't last long enough to do any damage. They're on alert in the tower and everyone is in Dirty Harry mode right now.

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
True, but the Tower is not filled with pull the trigger and figure out the details later types. As much as Burt would like it to be. They still want to help survivors.

j0be
May 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
wait! Tommy was wounded... sort of. He had a cut did he not? Even if he was infected he'd have turned already and he wouldn't last long enough to do any damage. They're on alert in the tower and everyone is in Dirty Harry mode right now.

Nope. Tommy did not have any wounds. The infection was spread through his eyes and/or mouth. Also, this could be engineered as a slow turner, not a quick one like the most we see. Also, his mission could just be to take out the commanders (eg: Michael, Angel, Saul, Burt, etc.)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Slow turning would be a random act. I'm going back to listen to the tommy epi again.. i coulda swore he had an open wound of some sort.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
True, but the Tower is not filled with pull the trigger and figure out the details later types. As much as Burt would like it to be. They still want to help survivors.

Arkum.. you trouble maker you!
I think the Tower folk have grown up a bit. They're a bit more "Seasoned" after the War.

j0be
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Slow turning would be a random act. I'm going back to listen to the tommy epi again.. i coulda swore he had an open wound of some sort.

We don't know that it couldn't be engineered. Bwahaha!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
LOL... granted..

Ra1th
May 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
@ j0be that's my problem though, if pippin was a slow turner, and he did turn at one point, it would be totally random, there wouldnt have been any hints to it. I'm sure the twoer will have a run in with a slow turner eventually but i just think this guy is for the mole storyline

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Arkum.. you trouble maker you!
I think the Tower folk have grown up a bit. They're a bit more "Seasoned" after the War.

Maybe, but while Michael holds the key to the kingdom I don't think they will be turning anyone away or headshotting randoms either.

I mean they just met this guy, he admited to being with the Mallers and they still bring him right upstairs. How much have they really learned?

Rock Daddy
May 3rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Great episode yet again Kc! Anyway it took a while to get caught up 'cuz everyone's jazzed up on this one. :)
Couple thoughts:
1) Pippin is either A) a dirty liar trying to trick the tower, or B) a scientist that knows something about the zombies, that the mallers captured for their own benefit.
2) Durai obviously knew early on about the arena. Because he started collecting tankers before the mallers and the tower folk met. Maybe someone escaped the arena and told them.
3) @ Wra1th. I believe on an earlier post, you mentiioned the possibility of a mating ritual at the arena. I have to say I was also thinking of this. What if new zombies can be bred, but they need a human host? Disgusting, but a good theory.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Maybe, but while Michael holds the key to the kingdom I don't think they will be turning anyone away or headshotting randoms either.

I mean they just met this guy, he admited to being with the Mallers and they still bring him right upstairs. How much have they really learned?

He has an armed escort.

Arkum
May 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
An armed escort by Mr. jammed rifle himself ;)

Orik960
May 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Don't know if someone else pointed this out later on in this thread so I'll post it anyway. That was not the first time that second call was heard. Back in Chapter 13-Separate Dying Embers Part 3 at around 8:42 that call is used to call the zombies attacking the tower back to wherever. Probably the Arena. Anyway, hope that clears that up a bit. Didn't sound like "Paul" to me either.

Rock Daddy
May 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Don't know if someone else pointed this out later on in this thread so I'll post it anyway. That was not the first time that second call was heard. Back in Chapter 13-Separate Dying Embers Part 3 at around 8:42 that call is used to call the zombies attacking the tower back to wherever. Probably the Arena. Anyway, hope that clears that up a bit. Didn't sound like "Paul" to me either.

Yes! This helps my theory that there is something bigger and badder out there like a queen (or master) zombie of the city!

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
I pointed that out earlier in this thread (re: the howl) that call that was heard came from the figure on the roof, not from a distance. Michael described the whole scene vividly.

So again, it comes to the debate how many pimp ass zombies are there because the one on the roof saul, lizzy and burt encountered is the same as the one heard in chapter 13. And the one on the roof of the diner used the more oft heard howl in the series.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Nope. Tommy did not have any wounds. The infection was spread through his eyes and/or mouth. Also, this could be engineered as a slow turner, not a quick one like the most we see. Also, his mission could just be to take out the commanders (eg: Michael, Angel, Saul, Burt, etc.)

Yes he did! YEP! and another YEP! LOL..
Chapter 12 4/4. Time hack: 23:42 Angels says "Tommy just had a scratch..."

Rock Daddy
May 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Yes he did! YEP! and another YEP! LOL..
Chapter 12 4/4. Time hack: 23:42 Angels says "Tommy just had a scratch..."

Yeah, I believe Tommy had a scratch on his neck from the explosion, and Burt made a joke that a little more to the side and he would have lost his head. (Not in those exact words)

WestonWisdom
May 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
I believe there is only one "Pimp ass zombie", the only times there have been issues with him being in two places at once, there has been ample time for him to get to those places.

Did I mention, Great Episode.

Eviebae
May 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM

lol!

I expect Tardust to die or be injured and all of them left behind. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Austin king
May 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
This episode was awesome.I do have a question for everybody why did they blow up the arena and how is durai alive. Finally whats going to happen to the arena

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
This episode was awesome.I do have a question for everybody why did they blow up the arena and how is durai alive. Finally whats going to happen to the arena

Well, if you thought you could take out your enemies in one felled swoop, wouldn't you?

Durai is alive because he didn't get killed during the War (as many of us predicted.....we really need to make that "I Told You So" Thread....).

I'd imagine that about 50% of the arena is going to catch on fire at least (that's what it looked like in the artowrk). But Tardust seemed to know his explosives and if he says they didn't have enough, I betcha they didn't have enough to actually blow the whole thing up like they were planning.

Guts Malone
May 3rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Here's a thought, what if the Mailers were in it from the get go, for example, the genetic zombie testing was being performed on the inmates at Eastern Bay. Inmates would be ideal for testing, some would would participate for a shorter sentence and some would be forced into it. They are confined, and if something goes wrong, the situation could be chalked up to an "accident". You have to wonder where the Mallers get all their intel and in such as short time. It would also explain the the different types of zombies, markings and the tattoo number 5. For example, if Bricks was test on, would he be a "Big One" Also, why would the zombies, at the area, want to toy with there food before eating it. Very similar to prisoners with the first taste of power and freedom.

WestonWisdom
May 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
What I don't understand, is that once its burning, why would it stop burning?

nikvoodoo
May 3rd, 2011, 04:50 PM

Fires burn themselves out when they run out of fuel. If everything in the fires path gets burned, the fire will eventually just go out on it's own.

Eviebae
May 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Whatever happens, the lack of proper firepower leaves an opening for Ink to show up again.

My question with Pippin is, what power do the Mallers hold over him that makes him okay with being beaten, cut and left out in the open. My guess is family.

Wicked Sid
May 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Or freedom. I do not believe Pippin is/was a Maller, it's too obvious, he could just be telling the truth.

wh33t
May 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM

Well if it only just burns and doesn't explode, I would imagine most Zombies (especially if there is intelligent ones in there) would just run out of it. The intent was probably to surprise attack them, and seriously dent their numbers quickly. Which it appears they failed to do.

wh33t
May 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Here's a thought, what if the Mailers were in it from the get go, for example, the genetic zombie testing was being performed on the inmates at Eastern Bay. Inmates would be ideal for testing, some would would participate for a shorter sentence and some would be forced into it. They are confined, and if something goes wrong, the situation could be chalked up to an "accident". You have to wonder where the Mallers get all their intel and in such as short time. It would also explain the the different types of zombies, markings and the tattoo number 5. For example, if Bricks was test on, would he be a "Big One" Also, why would the zombies, at the area, want to toy with there food before eating it. Very similar to prisoners with the first taste of power and freedom.

You would think that Tardust (the rapist) would know about the smell thing then wouldn't you?

Chewlikeyouhaveasecret
May 3rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
This is turning out to be an amazing chapter.

The most exciting thing in this episode for me was the description of the little one’s arm. The presence of the tattoo definitely implies that someone or something made them.

Assuming that the these specialized zombies have not always been around and that the mutations aren’t occurring because of prolonged or more intense exposure to the origin point of the outbreak means that our survivors can go check out where the first attacks happened without turning themselves into “them”. I am crossing my fingers that we get a look at one of the epicenters, even if it is only a fly over in a helicopter.

It would be insane if Pin-stripe was the one responsible for the new specialized zombies somehow. But there is also the possibility that whoever is responsible for the original outbreak is still around. The way prisoners were being captured instead of eaten also hints to more sinister motives than keeping their food fresh. It makes the arena even more horrifying because it has possibly been a zombie factory this entire time.

And I thought that David Pevsner was awesome as Tar (I am glad they are shortening it now because every time they say Tardust I hear Tardis) in this episode. I definitely want to know what Tar thinks he knows about the zombies.

HardKor
May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
The most exciting thing in this episode for me was the description of the little one’s arm. The presence of the tattoo definitely implies that someone or something made them.
I'm getting that feeling too.

But there is also the possibility that whoever is responsible for the original outbreak is still around.

My theory is that we'll start finding out more about the causes of the outbreak when they get to Fort Irwin. I just get the feeling that the season finale will involve the Tower folk having to flee for the Fort in a hurry and then when they land finding out there is some kind of scientists or whatever there who have knowledge about the outbreak. Then the season will end as soon as their introduced and we'll all scream in unison at the realization we've got to wait 3-4 months before we find out any more. zom:(

Eviebae
May 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Then the season will end as soon as their introduced and we'll all scream in unison at the realization we've got to wait 3-4 months before we find out any more. zom:(

GGGGAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKK <--noise I make in response to cliff hangers

Chewlikeyouhaveasecret
May 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
GGGGAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKK <--noise I make in response to cliff hangers

I would love to be introduced to someone who actually knows more about what is happening! I want more facts! A cliff hanger like that would be amazingly awful though.
I just remembered where season 1 ended at the beginning of this month and I am dreading the end season cliff hanger.

Snickelsox
May 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
This is turning out to be an amazing chapter.
It would be insane if Pin-stripe was the one responsible for the new specialized zombies somehow. But there is also the possibility that whoever is responsible for the original outbreak is still around. The way prisoners were being captured instead of eaten also hints to more sinister motives than keeping their food fresh. It makes the arena even more horrifying because it has possibly been a zombie factory this entire time.

If what you think turns out to be true then is it possible we will have another encounter with Samantha? This has probably been brought up but oh well...

Bently Ingram
May 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
OMG, so im listening to the episode right now mmk, LIZ is making me angry. lol shes not saying anything, just being dumb. and screaming randomly......

bequita
May 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Great episode.

I was rendered speechless, something all my ex's would tell you is hard to do.

After trying to read all the posts in here, I have to say Riley's girlmance with Lizzie could be a real bad case of straight girl crush, or just true friendship. We rarely see the Tower before they make epic search parties, but it happens. Michael risked his life for Saul, went through unknown hell and then searched for Datu&co at the arena, and Lizzie lost it when Saul went after Lady.

I like the theories that some zombies were manufactured. It explains their origins enough for me.

Remind me to befriend a prison yard muscle man like Bricks before z-day.

Mugwump
May 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM
You think Saul is the mole? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I have a number of reasons why i think its Saul. He did serve time in prison before he joined the army so its possible that he could have come into contact with one of the mallers during his time inside, he could possibly owe them a favour or something.

Secondly, we dont really know what happened with him after the mallers spotted him. All we know is he got back to the tower. He was only on a scooter or something like that and we know latch and Scratch had a fast sports car. They would have easily caught him and perhaps ( like i mentioned before ) one of the mallers recgonised him and maybe called in a favour?

Thirdly, why did he leave his bike outside the tower. Fair enough the lights were probably on in the tower, but seeing the scooter he got away on would have helped confirm it was the right apartment block.

Fourthly ( is that even a word?? ) on the night of the attack on the tower, Saul was supposedly out cold due to the drink. I think he was the one who fired the shot and was actually just faking it. Also, how did the mallers know that the people in the tower actually had a CB? They had to know that it was a CB they had in the tower as they brought their own and told the tower what channel to turn it to. They wouldnt have know what kind of communication device Saul had unless they actually caught him.

fraggot
May 4th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I was listening to some older chapters today and for some reason I keep thinking it's Angel who is the mole. I keep thinking he's jealous of Michael because he gets all the credit and leadership and he gets nothing. The episode where Saul rips into him for being just like the rest of them kind of made me think of it.

Angel is one of the few people who have access to the CB Radio and would have just cause to do so. Maybe attempt to take over when Michael fails.

Walrusgus
May 4th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Wow. This really is an exciting chapter. Perhaps the best yet?

Lizzy should have just got out of there! She was just waiting with the mallers! I have a feeling the maller who was being nice to her (name escapes) will survive with her and the other guy will die. So then they will escape together and it will be a big deal because all of a sudden they will have a maller that Lizzy likes and was saved by, but he is still a maller. Or she could die...

So they are already out looking for helicopters. Back over to the other rooftop by the zipline again? That could be an exciting escape with zombies grabbing at the helicopter?

Adventureless_Hero
May 4th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Oh man, I wish I had the balls to speak up in defense of the Mallers prior to this chapter. I knew they weren't all a bunch of idjits. They may have really screwed up morals, but being locked up in a 8 x 5 cell for most of thier time means they had plenty of time to read. That is all a lot of convicts do to pass time, that and work out. The Art of War, The Zombie Survival Guide, and various Do-It-Yourself booksmay have been on thier reading list. Not that I'm jumping ships and waving the Maller flag but some of them have could be good people, like Bricks. But I think it is still too early to say he's nice. Sure he was polite enough to call Lizzy Elizabeth and he seems to care about her well being, protecting her from Tardust. But this could all be from Scratch having ordered him to do so. Remember Scratch said her order to not hurt Lizzy still stands, saying, "We need her." (bargaining chip?)

I'm thinking there is a possiblity that Bricks could hulk out and be like, "Now look Elizabeth, I've been nice to you. I've protected you. I think that we had something. Now give me what I want!" He was in Eastern Bay for some reason. But over all, I think there are some good, smart mallers. It's all a matter of perspective. They were in a war against the Tower and see them as the enemy. When you are desperate to survive and another group is turning you away from thier sanctuary, you see them as assholes. Speaking of perspective, it is obvious that the Tower knew things about the way the zombies work, "what makes them tick..." as Michael once put it, but I'm curious as to what the Mallers know about the Biters that the Tower doesn't. Durai must have had a reason for ordering such a risky attack on the Arena. And Tardust seemed very confident that there were things he knew that Lizzie didn't.

When the group was huddled over the little one's arm it sounded as though these mutations were expected. I believe Scratch said something along the lines of, Durai knew this was coming which is why this mission is so important. What could he knew? Is Pippin a scientist who told Durai and group that these mutations would occur?

Anygay, great episode. There is so much to think on. I listened to it 3 times in a row yesterday!

Arkum
May 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Best typo ever

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 4th, 2011, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=nikvoodoo;12929]Well, if you thought you could take out your enemies in one felled swoop, wouldn't you?

Durai is alive because he didn't get killed during the War (as many of us predicted.....we really need to make that "I Told You So" Thread....).

See.. I told you so! ROFL.. We could have a .gif of some stupid dance and call it the ITUS dance (I used a U because a Y looks stupid in the acronym).

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM

There's an older thread on this buried in the cracks and crevices of the forum. What you're theorizing goes back to the Bio lab.

mush_rooms
May 4th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Quick note on the whole Riley thing:

I would be just as upset as she is if one of my closest friends were MIA during the apocalypse. They've been through a lot, having all been there since the beginning basically, and if Riley is anything like I suspect, she's probably beating herself up that she couldn't do anything to prevent this disaster. She's definitely a person who is more concerned with others than herself. Assuming that she has romantic feelings just because she's shaken by Lizzie's disappearance is pretty presumptuous. Any caring friend would feel how she does!

And people say "well hey why didn't she do anything with Angel while they were alone? if she's feeling so bad wouldn't she like some comfort?" Not necessarily. Some people do indeed cling to others during a crisis, but just as many withdraw themselves and act distant (I know this because I'm of the second group). Also, maybe she's just an angry drunk, and isn't interested in getting any after having some drinks, who knows!

I'm jussayin'. I feel like Riley's actions are WAY over-analyzed in every scenario to the point that many think her sexual orientation (whatever it may be) influences EVERYTHING she does. And that's just silly!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 4th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I have a number of reasons why i think its Saul. He did serve time in prison before he joined the army so its possible that he could have come into contact with one of the mallers during his time inside, he could possibly owe them a favour or something.

Secondly, we dont really know what happened with him after the mallers spotted him. All we know is he got back to the tower. He was only on a scooter or something like that and we know latch and Scratch had a fast sports car. They would have easily caught him and perhaps ( like i mentioned before ) one of the mallers recgonised him and maybe called in a favour?

Thirdly, why did he leave his bike outside the tower. Fair enough the lights were probably on in the tower, but seeing the scooter he got away on would have helped confirm it was the right apartment block.

Fourthly ( is that even a word?? ) on the night of the attack on the tower, Saul was supposedly out cold due to the drink. I think he was the one who fired the shot and was actually just faking it. Also, how did the mallers know that the people in the tower actually had a CB? They had to know that it was a CB they had in the tower as they brought their own and told the tower what channel to turn it to. They wouldnt have know what kind of communication device Saul had unless they actually caught him.

Saul did (a little) time in Jail vs prison because he was still young. The Judge basically told him to join the Military or ELSE! (Nik, correct me if i'm recalling that wrong)
One thing about Military members.. they're fiercely loyal and even more so with people they've been deployed or seen combat with. No way would Saul turn that to dust.

Last thing is the CB is community property in the watch room. Whomever is on watch has access to it. I'm not sure if it's manned during the day, but at the time it didn't seem that it was.

Paola
May 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm kinda wondering if Skittles learned to mimic the Howlers. More than likely wrong but that would be cool if he ended up be the second howl.
Aww that is a good theory. It would be awesome if he could. It would make him even more of an enigma.

Eitri
May 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM
So Here is what im seeing:
1. The Arena was the Main nest for the zombies in LA, there may be other nests, but that was the closest to the mall and the tower.
2. Im thinking Tardust and Brix/Bricks will defect to the tower survivors, they were left for dead by their friends, so it's a possibility. (assuming they survived the explosion)
3.Pippin probably came from the shire to tell the survivors that zombies had invaded middle earth (Lord of the Rings Reference)
4. That gun from the safe that latch had must be somthing special if scratch is going to hold onto it.
5. The maulers/mallers are now probable headed to the other tower, Or back to the mall, Or to rendezvous with Durai down south where the will possibly assault the Conlony.
6. Riley and Lizzy migh be more than just "Friends"
7. Datu is becoming Hopes father/ father figure
8. if they find any helo's (Helicopers) they are probably going to modify it to make it an assault transport, like a gunship, without the guns.
I rest my case

Cutting-T
May 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
By the way, Pippin lied with a fact (can't remember which one) but I think that he may be a slaver who is being threatened by the mallers somehow (family?) to do their bidding and do something in the tower, this also shows that the mallers have known about the arena since at LEAST chapter 6.

Kc
May 4th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Lizzy should have just got out of there! She was just waiting with the mallers!
At which point? When they were waiting? Child proof locks ;)

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Child proof locks ;)

Those locks are the bane of me, I hate being in the backseat with cars that have those. I can see them keeping Lizzie in with that. Also, they are at the Arena, in the truck is the safest place for her

Leedo2502
May 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Loved this episode, I am not on the other hand eager to see whatever cliffhanger that KC has in store after next weekes episode.

I'm firmly in the camp that says the inmates were being tested on and the outbreak is probably what happened after one of the test subjects, Ink maybe, got free. The possible ID tattoo might be a give away and the fact that the Mallers high-tailed it out of what's probably the safest location in LA to hole up in a strip mall.

I can't be the only one who thinks of the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy song Mr. Pinstripe Suit when ever Not Paul is mentioned am I? Here's a link to the video if that helps
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7q3qy_big-bad-voodoo-daddy-mr-pinstripe-s_music

Adventureless_Hero
May 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Man, if the trend continues, this could be my most listened to episode. Anywho, I had a thought (rare occasion):

-What if we are right about Bricks and he ends up protecting Lizzy from Tardust, killilng that would-be-rapist and seeing that Lizzy is escorted back to the safety of the tower. Suppose that Saul happens upon them first and just flips out, killing Bricks before the guy has a chance to explain he is helping her. Wouldn't that suck? SAUL KILLS BRICKS! emo

-Also the weapon that Latch stole from the safe, that's Burts shiny pistol mentioned from the scene on the freeway when we first met Latch and Scratch, right? I'm assuming that if it is, then the only reason Scratch would want to save it is so that she can use it to kill Burt. Otherwise it could be a different weapon all together; some C-4, a hand grenade, who knows?

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
-Also the weapon that Latch stole from the safe, that's Burts shiny pistol mentioned from the scene on the freeway when we first met Latch and Scratch, right? I'm assuming that if it is, then the only reason Scratch would want to save it is so that she can use it to kill Burt. Otherwise it could be a different weapon all together; some C-4, a hand grenade, who knows?

The shiny pistol is referring to Shirely, Burt's desert eagle, which never leaves his side. I'm thinking it is something quite powerful, like explosives, or a heavy machine gun. Maybe a high powered rifle. Could just be crazy and guess a rocket launcher. For some reason, when I hear the episode my mind thinks of anti-tank guns

Ra1th
May 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Lol what if Burt just straight up had a predator drone hahaha that would hilarious

Adventureless_Hero
May 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The shiny pistol is referring to Shirely, Burt's desert eagle, which never leaves his side. I'm thinking it is something quite powerful, like explosives, or a heavy machine gun. Maybe a high powered rifle. Could just be crazy and guess a rocket launcher. For some reason, when I hear the episode my mind thinks of anti-tank guns

I meant in 6-1 when Burt threatens them with Shirley, Scratch draws a similar weapon and says, "Who's to say I don't have the same?" and she even hints that she jacked the weapon from Locked and Loaded, Burts store. I'm assuming this piece that she has is one Latch stole from the safe and gave to his baby sister. Later in 21-2, I believe this is the same weapon the other Maller mentions. A pistol like that may have power but isn't much special against a horde. I think she wants to save it for the sentimental value it will carry when she hopes to blast Burt to hell with it.

Leedo2502
May 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Ok Listened again and time for Crack-Pot Theory Time; What if "The Weapon" isn't something that is really a conventional weapon, like a gun or bomb? If the theory that the zombies were part of an experiment holds true, this could be a weapon that stuns or repels the Zombies. If the Zombies were in a Lab you'd really only have one or two of these "weapons" and you'd want something to stun or disoreint the Zombies (it'd be in bad form to kill your "research). If Durai and Latch have these "weapons" that could explain why they think an attack on the Arena is doable.

Just a thought.

wh33t
May 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Lol what if Burt just straight up had a predator drone hahaha that would hilarious

Awesome. That would basically be game over for Mallers/Colony/Zombies unless they have some AA

Pikepaw
May 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I meant in 6-1 when Burt threatens them with Shirley, Scratch draws a similar weapon and says, "Who's to say I don't have the same?" and she even hints that she jacked the weapon from Locked and Loaded, Burts store. I'm assuming this piece that she has is one Latch stole from the safe and gave to his baby sister. Later in 21-2, I believe this is the same weapon the other Maller mentions. A pistol like that may have power but isn't much special against a horde. I think she wants to save it for the sentimental value it will carry when she hopes to blast Burt to hell with it.

Oh yes, Saul identified them as carrying 9mm pistols, and later when he was following them, Latch said they didn't have any ammo at that time. Of course, I'm sure they got more ammo once they returned to camp. I think the sentimental theory is valid, seeing as Latch got it. Not only Burt, but she definitely wants to put a lot of holes in Pegs.

I also like Robert's theory too, that it could be zombie repellent or something. You'd want to keep that for the worst possible scenario, when it could save your lie. Of course, a remote for a predator drone or anything that goes BANG BANG BOOM is my #1 theory because I like power

shananala8
May 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Saul did (a little) time in Jail vs prison because he was still young. The Judge basically told him to join the Military or ELSE! (Nik, correct me if i'm recalling that wrong)

You're mixing Saul's and Burt's histories. Yes, Saul spent time in jail and later joined the army. No, the judge did not force him to. The judge wanted to make an example of Saul with his punishment. When Saul was sharing his prison story, Burt interrupted to say that back in his (Burt's) day, the judge would issue sentences where the convicted had the choice between jail and the army.

Nik, hope you don't mind I jumped on this one haha.

Mugwump
May 5th, 2011, 01:16 AM
If you listen back to the third episode of " The Remains Of Eastern Bay " then you will see there is a huge hole in the story from where Saul gets spotted by the mallers and then ends up back at the tower, just as big as how Michael broke his arm imo. He loses radio contact then we hear nothing of how he got away. Also, Angel sounds really surprised at Saul when he says he is going to leave his scooter outside. Saul is the rat :p

Walrusgus
May 5th, 2011, 01:24 AM
If you listen back to the third episode of " The Remains Of Eastern Bay " then you will see there is a huge hole in the story from where Saul gets spotted by the mallers and then ends up back at the tower, just as big as how Michael broke his arm imo. He loses radio contact then we hear nothing of how he got away. Also, Angel sounds really surprised at Saul when he says he is going to leave his scooter outside. Saul is the rat :p

Dun, Dun, DUN!! You've cracked it. It is annoying missing a chunk of the story like with Michael's escape. I feel like we will never know...

smalls kenobi
May 5th, 2011, 02:06 AM
i don't know if this has been brought up but what if Durai is actually dead and Scratch is just using his name to keep the rest of the Mallers in line?
lets say Durai was alive when leaving the Tower after the war, but once they got back, at some point, he eventually dies from his wounds. and Scratch was the only person who knew of his death. lets say he was in a back room where no on else can see and Scratch was the only person Durai allowed back there. she could easily hide the fact that he was dead and told the rest of the Mallers that he was still healing from his wounds. then she would be free to give them orders just by saying that they were from Durai. then at one point she could've gone on a scouting trip to scope out a new place to live, then she finds a place, takes his body away and tells everyone that Durai found a new place and he is waiting there, or something.

idk, this idea is pretty out there and it could use some polishing, but i think it's Plausible :P

Arkum
May 5th, 2011, 04:55 AM
It may be plausible, but I believe they make mention of him being in another group, like the scouting party. I don't think Scratch could hide the fact that he was dead and say he left with a group when in fact no one else is missing. Unless there is a ditch somewhere full of bodies that Scratch filled with this "party" he is with. Anything is possible...

Austin king
May 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I was thinking about the idea the zombies are like insects and if that's true they just stirred up the nest

Rock Daddy
May 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
What really interests me in this episode is the Little One's arm...
A) It's the new type of zombie, that Skittles saw
B) It was recently tattooed by someone
C) It's fingernails were FILED to points by someone
Hmmm... Who's making these things???

Arkum
May 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Its Walt Disney I tell ya!

nikvoodoo
May 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
So I've waited just over three days now and not one person has mentioned the kick ass advertisement for the forum!!! Come on now people! You gotta listen all the way through the credits!

And I'm not pointing it out because I wrote the ad or anything......nope.

#humblebrag :p

Rock Daddy
May 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
So I've waited just over three days now and not one person has mentioned the kick ass advertisement for the forum!!! Come on now people! You gotta listen all the way through the credits!

Yo Voodoo! I noticed. As a matter of fact, it seems like we've been gaining more members since. I was listening to this episode again today and thought, "it's about time they push the forum on here!" But I did not realize that this was your little gem. Even better! A+

Ra1th
May 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM

we noticed, we just didnt wanna say anything because it made our ears bleed... :p JK

shananala8
May 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I was too busy waiting to see if anyone else was concerned that Angel was on the roof instead of watching Pippin like Michael told him to. His orders were not to let Pippin out of his sight, and yet Angel is standing on the roof asking Kalani why Kalani isn't down watching Pippin. Sure, Kalani said that he thought Michael was down watching him, but the confusion between Angel and Kalani set off alarm bells for me.

j0be
May 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM

A couple of us discussed it in the chatroom (I think it was Ra1th and I)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
we noticed, we just didnt wanna say anything because it made our ears bleed... :p JK

ROFL!!! Humble Pie sho tastes nice.. Humble Pie's so good gotta have another slice!!
Humple Pie sho tastes nice... Humble Pie goes down better with milk and ice..
hmmm humm... Hummmmbllleeee Piiiiieeee!

nikvoodoo
May 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I was too busy waiting to see if anyone else was concerned that Angel was on the roof instead of watching Pippin like Michael told him to. His orders were not to let Pippin out of his sight, and yet Angel is standing on the roof asking Kalani why Kalani isn't down watching Pippin. Sure, Kalani said that he thought Michael was down watching him, but the confusion between Angel and Kalani set off alarm bells for me.

By the by, if Michael turns out to not be with Pippen and Angel left him alone in the Tower somebody needs to knock Angel's head off for not following orders.

Adventureless_Hero
May 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM

The way Angel addressed Kalani with, "Aren't you supposed to be watching Pippin?" made it sound like behind the scene Michael must have ordered Angel to get in touch with Bert and Saul to see if they knew what was going on over at the Arena. Then Burt must have replied that he didn't at which point Angel was like, "Oh, well then I'm going to see if I can get a better look from the roof." Kalani must have been ordered to stay with Pippin while Michael, i dunno, took a piss? Then Kalani explains that Michael is asking Pippin questions while Saul's mom stiches him up. Nothin' fishy going on. Just behindthe scenes stuff that is implied. Context clues homie, context clues.

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ok, had to go through 17 pages to see what people speculated about the weapon from the safe was. I immediately thought of a couple of ideas to toss out there, since I was more fixated on this mysterious weapon than Riley's sexuality, Pippen's mole/not-a-mole status, or that list thing that Brick and Tardust had with them when they captured Lizzie in the previous chapter.

Since I believe the safe is from Burt's store, and (paraphrasing here) approximately 10% of his inventory was legal, I'm going with the following for the weapon (in order of most to lesser likely)

M72 66mm Light Anti-Tank Weapon (LAW)
AT-4 84mm Rocket
M203 or M79 40mm grenade launcher
M47 Dragon wire guided rocket
RKG-3 (Anti-Tank Grenade)
RPG-7 (Rocket Propelled Grenade)

I go with the LAW because Burt is a Vietnam Vet and would probably hold on to something like this if he saw one (doesn't mean he got it in Vietnam, just that if he saw one, he'd do whatever to get it). Same would definitely be true for an M79 since it looks like a big-mouth shotgun, but shoots only 40mm grenades. However, I put the AT-4 before that because of its firepower. I like the idea of Burt holding onto a Dragon is way cool with me (this being a fiction and all), but I don't remember too many military urban legends about that rocket system getting out and in the possession of "Cold War survivialists."
I place the Soviet items at the bottom because, while totally believable that someone like him could get one or be in possession of one, I like to think that Burt doesn't want too much in his store that "Charlie" used to use towards him.

Anyway, I am thinking that Scratch is holding the weapon back to case Tardust cannot set off the other tankers. We did hear more than one explosion from the Tower's perspective, but when we focused on Lizzie with Tardust and Bricks, only one exploded.

So, who's up for a hockey game now?

Zombiehead
May 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM

I noticed and I meant to point out in my original post that it should probably be in the beginning of the episode... I tend to hit STOP after Michael Swan announces the next release date. If I hadn't been busy while I was listening to the show I would have missed it completely.

bequita
May 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Ok, had to go through 17 pages to see what people speculated about the weapon from the safe was. I immediately thought of a couple of ideas to toss out there, since I was more fixated on this mysterious weapon than Riley's sexuality, Pippen's mole/not-a-mole status, or that list thing that Brick and Tardust had with them when they captured Lizzie in the previous chapter.

Since I believe the safe is from Burt's store, and (paraphrasing here) approximately 10% of his inventory was legal, I'm going with the following for the weapon (in order of most to lesser likely)

M72 66mm Light Anti-Tank Weapon (LAW)
AT-4 84mm Rocket
M203 or M79 40mm grenade launcher
M47 Dragon wire guided rocket
RKG-3 (Anti-Tank Grenade)
RPG-7 (Rocket Propelled Grenade)

I go with the LAW because Burt is a Vietnam Vet and would probably hold on to something like this if he saw one (doesn't mean he got it in Vietnam, just that if he saw one, he'd do whatever to get it). Same would definitely be true for an M79 since it looks like a big-mouth shotgun, but shoots only 40mm grenades. However, I put the AT-4 before that because of its firepower. I like the idea of Burt holding onto a Dragon is way cool with me (this being a fiction and all), but I don't remember too many military urban legends about that rocket system getting out and in the possession of "Cold War survivialists."
I place the Soviet items at the bottom because, while totally believable that someone like him could get one or be in possession of one, I like to think that Burt doesn't want too much in his store that "Charlie" used to use towards him.

Anyway, I am thinking that Scratch is holding the weapon back to case Tardust cannot set off the other tankers. We did hear more than one explosion from the Tower's perspective, but when we focused on Lizzie with Tardust and Bricks, only one exploded.

So, who's up for a hockey game now?

This Post
________
My Head

Sigh. Whatever awesome weapon it is, I'm excited for it.

Hellbringer
May 5th, 2011, 07:26 PM
This Post
________
My Head

Sigh. Whatever awesome weapon it is, I'm excited for it.

I probably got overexcited and geeky at the same time while writing it.

I'll put it this way, when I heard scratch talk about the weapon from the safe, I was totally picturing the rocket launcher scene in Commmando with Arnold Schwarzenegger in it where the girl fires the rocket launcher the wrong way at first and then fires it again to hit a car.

That rocket launcher, by the way, is an M202. Basically 4 LAWs in a box.

Paola
May 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
But here's a devil's advocate type of theory. :P

What if the bruises aren't from the mallers? What if Pippen is a slow turner like Tanya had described? (Our first description of the zombies are that they were covered in bruises)

That is possible but wouldn't Tanya be able to notice that since she has already seen and worked with slow turning zombies??

Paola
May 6th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Tommy had a scratch on him and Lizzy was trying to give him first aid right???

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Tommy had a scratch on him and Lizzy was trying to give him first aid right???

Paola,
Si, Its already been proven that Tommy had a scratch. See previous post with episode, time hack and quote.

shananala8
May 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM
The way Angel addressed Kalani with, "Aren't you supposed to be watching Pippin?" made it sound like behind the scene Michael must have ordered Angel to get in touch with Bert and Saul to see if they knew what was going on over at the Arena. Then Burt must have replied that he didn't at which point Angel was like, "Oh, well then I'm going to see if I can get a better look from the roof." Kalani must have been ordered to stay with Pippin while Michael, i dunno, took a piss? Then Kalani explains that Michael is asking Pippin questions while Saul's mom stiches him up. Nothin' fishy going on. Just behindthe scenes stuff that is implied. Context clues homie, context clues.

You have events out of order. Angel starts the scene on the roof trying to see if he can see the source. When this fails, he then "wonders" (meaning it was not an order) if Burt and Saul know anything about it and at this point contacts them on the radio. When Kalani comes on the roof and Angel asks Kalani about Pippin, Kalani clearly has no clue what's going on with Pippin and tells Angel as much. Kalani has been working on the helicopter project all morning and was not guarding Pippin. Finally, Kalani only thinks that Michael is down there with him.

Pippin is likely a spy, and is definitely someone the Tower people have no reason to trust yet. That Angel is not where he was ordered to be and there is confusion about the guard situation means alarm bells should be going off.

mythicgr66
May 6th, 2011, 07:16 PM
when i was listening to Chaper 21 part 2, i was like oh S**t the mallerz know F'all about the zombies, how the hell did they survive this long, hell skittels is crazy and he knows the most about them , i liked the whole blowing up the hokey theater but i whis the waited till night time when the tattoed guy was (sorry to hope, what i get admersed in the world, sue me) feeding and get that B******d too and how have they never meet a Smart/Runner type, in all the mounths/year since Zday and dam i was screaming Angel grab and kiss Reilly then comfort her (tell her its not her fault and say that he cant lose here).

I hope lizzy and the big guy (Rick's) leave the group and get back to the tower and Tardust might get shot in the Balls, (just saying) ok runover/killed in the escape, also fix pippin really, why is it when you have british person in any thing were are either the badguy or have a posh/cockney accent

COsurvivor
May 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I like how Rick's is very protective of Lizzie now... even to the point of making an threat against (whatever that jerk's name is). He seems to listen to her... I wonder what will happen to this Beauty and the Beast deal will take us!

nikvoodoo
May 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
just an FYI: His name is Bricks, not Ricks. Continue! :)

timberwoof
May 7th, 2011, 12:20 AM
You think the weapon is really that big? It big enough to carry and doesn't seem that much of a burden to whoever is carrying it. I'm thinking maybe a Claymore or something similar. Michael, Angel and Saul got excited about Burt pulling one out when they were going back to the tower, why wouldn't the Mallers? Not saying that is the weapon but it could be something like it that can do some damage if need be.

But IF I were willing to bet, it's more than likely not. If the weapon is from Burt's safe hell it could be almost anything, maybe even a grenade launcher of some sort. Reason for saving it is limited ammo and last resort. Who knows but Kc?

Hellbringer
May 7th, 2011, 04:21 PM
You think the weapon is really that big? It big enough to carry and doesn't seem that much of a burden to whoever is carrying it. I'm thinking maybe a Claymore or something similar. Michael, Angel and Saul got excited about Burt pulling one out when they were going back to the tower, why wouldn't the Mallers? Not saying that is the weapon but it could be something like it that can do some damage if need be.

But IF I were willing to bet, it's more than likely not. If the weapon is from Burt's safe hell it could be almost anything, maybe even a grenade launcher of some sort. Reason for saving it is limited ammo and last resort. Who knows but Kc?

That's why my first choice is a LAW. That thing is pretty compact for what it does; also, Scratch could fire a LAW at a tanker to set it off with no problem.

And I would definitely be excited if I saw one.

Mannydc7
May 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Fosho! ;)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I just realized something when listening to this episode again. In 21-1 the Maller convoy is attacked in the park by a number of littles ones and Pinstripes. A little later, the convoy makes its way to the arena. We then hear the distress call and what sounds like one howling loudly to signal the attack. This one that howls loudly sounds like the one with markings or Pinstripes. Does this give more evidence to the possibility that maybe Pinstripes and the one with markings are two different zombie leaders? How could Pinstripes be at the arena if he was just leading the convoy ambush?

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I just realized something when listening to this episode again. In 21-1 the Maller convoy is attacked in the park by a number of littles ones and Pinstripes. A little later, the convoy makes its way to the arena. We then hear the distress call and what sounds like one howling loudly to signal the attack. This one that howls loudly sounds like the one with markings or Pinstripes. Does this give more evidence to the possibility that maybe Pinstripes and the one with markings are two different zombie leaders? How could Pinstripes be at the arena if he was just leading the convoy ambush?

The same way it was possible for him to be in the arena and yet beat the Datu rescue team back to the Tower.....

....He's magic!

But seriously. it's the crux of the conversation about how many people are Pimp Ass Zombies. Also remember with the Mallers, they stopped for some unknown amount of time to regroup after being torched by the Little Ones.